Treblinka Shelling

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Hüntinger

Treblinka Shelling

Post by Hüntinger »

The following was reported but totally ignored by those wanting to discuss graves, draglines etc. I think this evidence is important to the overall picture of the Treblinka "correctional" facilities operated by the Reich during the war.

I first mentioned the craters from artillery in the area in the following post.
Huntinger wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 16:17 There are craters from Allied artillery still discernible with the naked eye, in the Treblinka camp area. War time depravity meant that any small find could mean a difference between life and death, which is why Ukrainian guards were sent to keep out the pilferers. With artillery craters one would expect to find ground disturbances.

The SC reported burial pits do correspond with the Polish and Red Army survey of 1947 to descriptions of looter pits they discovered upon their visit and final cordoning off of Treblinka in 1947.
This was followed through with another mention.

Amicus Curiae
The Central Jewish Historical Commission in Poland, compiled in late 1945, [which] stated that the terrain of the Treblinka II camp had been pulverized with aerial bombs and un-exploded artillery duds a few months after its liberation by an engineers unit of the 65th Red Army. This obliteration of traces of the Treblinka II camp by the Soviets took place because the Soviet propaganda machine tried to attach a 3,500,000 victim-count to this small, 12-hectare transit camp. Apparently, the Soviets were afraid that the Allies might request an international commission of investigation of the camp, as demanded by the November 15th, 1942 report of the underground government of the Warsaw ghetto. The report of the Central Jewish Historical Commission in Poland was explicit in putting the blame for this obliteration of the camp where it belonged, on the Red Army, for the: "premeditated destruction of evidence of German crimes and atrocities as well as profanation of partially cremated human remains and ashes."

Note: it is of considerable interest that there is speculation the Red Army did the same at the Leichekellers at Birkenau for identical reasons.
To me it is pointless the continued unnecessary waffle on drag-lines, graves etc when it is clear the area was pulverized with bombs and artillery shells. There is speculation why the Soviets did this at this particular site. To continue to speak of Nazis razing the place to the ground is pointless.
Turnagain

Re: Treblinka Shelling

Post by Turnagain »

Hunt, I'll go with the artillery barrage on Treblinka to obliterate any traces of the true nature of the camp but I'm doubtful about any bombing with bombs of the necessary force to obliterate the 30-40 feet deep graves described by the eyewitnesses. From my army days you would need at least 500 lb bombs and preferably larger to accomplish that. Then we have the small size of the target. I doubt if the Soviets could bomb accurately enough to keep all their munitions within a 12 hectare area and there are no bomb craters in the surrounding area.

Of course it's possible that the Soviets trucked some duds into Treblinka and detonated them. Perhaps did the same with artillery duds. I remember the grenade range at basic where we trained with obsolete pineapple type grenades. About a third of them were duds and after a minute or so of no explosion, an old scarfaced NCO would go out and afix a small charge to the dud to detonate it. The guy had balls that clanged.

At any rate, there weren't any 30-40 feet deep graves so the 500+ pounders would be unnecessary. Some artillery shells and mortars would do the trick quite nicely as far as rearranging the topography of the camp.
Hüntinger

Post by Hüntinger »

Turnagain wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 18:32 Hunt, I'll go with the artillery barrage on Treblinka to obliterate any traces of the true nature of the camp but I'm doubtful about any bombing with bombs of the necessary force to obliterate the 30-40 feet deep graves described by the eyewitnesses. From my army days you would need at least 500 lb bombs and preferably larger to accomplish that. Then we have the small size of the target. I doubt if the Soviets could bomb accurately enough to keep all their munitions within a 12 hectare area and there are no bomb craters in the surrounding area.

Of course it's possible that the Soviets trucked some duds into Treblinka and detonated them. Perhaps did the same with artillery duds. I remember the grenade range at basic where we trained with obsolete pineapple type grenades. About a third of them were duds and after a minute or so of no explosion, an old scarfaced NCO would go out and afix a small charge to the dud to detonate it. The guy had balls that clanged.

At any rate, there weren't any 30-40 feet deep graves so the 500+ pounders would be unnecessary. Some artillery shells and mortars would do the trick quite nicely as far as rearranging the topography of the camp.
The description of the bombs used does not at this stage go beyond what the 'villagers' reported.
The Central Jewish Historical Commission in Poland, compiled in late 1945, [which] stated that the terrain of the Treblinka II camp had been pulverized with aerial bombs and un-exploded artillery duds

I doubt if they would use "block buster" bombs. These would have been impact bombs so the explosion crater would be similar to those found in cities. These were typically 5-15m in diameter and metres down.

The topography would have changed to the point that the claims of the Nazis razzing the place to the ground futile; the Soviets razzed it like they did the Kremas at Birkenau.

Nessies claims of seeing imaginary graves would also be worthless.

Of course this renders the Krege gpr examination worthless as well.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Huntinger wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 19:42
Of course this renders the Krege gpr examination worthless as well.

Unfortunately, Mr. Krege never published anything that could be evaluated scientifically.

All that came of the Krege GPR investigation at Treblinka was that certain Adelaide loudmouths shilled about it endlessly whilst they were busy fighting the Joos.

So the cat is out of the bag and you would never be allowed to do a similar noninvasive radar or other forensic survey today given the state of Holocaust Denial laws in Europe.

Friends tell me that the Auschwitz museum gendarmerie now actually confiscate the cellphones and cameras of tourists before they let them in to see the Holy reconstructed bowels of Krema I.

Darn, I guess I'll have to settle for an Arbeit Macht Frei selfie at the gift shop.

:)