Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 4907
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh. Swabia
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Huntinger » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:43 pm

The forum policy for url is that they should be enclosed in the code spaces. However, as you know, "You Tube" has taken down most if not all of the content relating to revisionism. One can see this at the bottom posting of the same video. Some of these same videos are found at "archive.org" movies which do play if the url is cut and simply pasted in. eg
If we were to use the

Code: Select all

https://archive.org/details/youtube-mwUJvq53SBo
or
Nancy Wake
It simply does not work except to allude to the link.
Anyway round this dilemma? without offending anyone.
𝕲𝖊𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖟𝖊𝖎 𝖋𝖚̈𝖗 𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝕾𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖘𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖙

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 4907
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh. Swabia
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Huntinger » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:41 pm

I was having a look at the moderation rules at "Klowns". One of the rules is the following:
  • Posting the same content more than three times within a single topic or in other topics.
It is noticed that Nessie is posting the same content over and over again as can be seen here.

The gas doors have been discussed on numerous occasions and this kept on getting brought up like birds vomit. A rule like this would force us all to reconsider what we post, reflect and think where we might have said the same thing before without this constantly going around in circles like some dog chasing its tail.
Food for thought.
𝕲𝖊𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖟𝖊𝖎 𝖋𝖚̈𝖗 𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝕾𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖘𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖙

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 2238
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 am
Location: USA, West of the Pecos
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 am

Huntinger wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:43 pm
The forum policy for url is that they should be enclosed in the code spaces. However, as you know, "You Tube" has taken down most if not all of the content relating to revisionism. One can see this at the bottom posting of the same video. Some of these same videos are found at "archive.org" movies which do play if the url is cut and simply pasted in. eg
If we were to use the

Code: Select all

https://archive.org/details/youtube-mwUJvq53SBo
or
Nancy Wake
It simply does not work except to allude to the link.
Anyway round this dilemma? without offending anyone.



Hi Huntinger,

It looks like─as you found─that an unformatted URL works the best for the embedded video in this particular case, i.e.,

Code: Select all

https://archive.org/details/youtube-mwUJvq53SBo
and the url (above) will simply autoformat to this (below) when posted as text without any url tags:





Furthermore─as you also found─it will work with a labelled URL tag as well, i.e., Nancy Wake

which is :

Code: Select all

[url=https://archive.org/details/youtube-mwUJvq53SBo] [color=blue][b]Nancy Wake[/b][/color] [/url]

(Except─I usually like to bold the label text and change its color to a more basic or deeper shade of blue than the pale blue autoformat link default─which is what I did above─but that's optional. One day I will make this the board default, but it is a low priority at the moment.)

I tried your link with the {youtube]url here[/youtube] and the {yt]url YT code only here[/yt] tags as well as the bitchute and vimeo url formatting tags, and none of them worked.

Note: replace the { brace at the beginning of the above tag examples with a [ bracket when posting the actual version.

I hope that answers your question.

Feel free to experiment all you want in Siberia.

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

Turnagain
Posts: 5960
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Turnagain » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am

Off topic but I don't know where else to put this. Scott, would it be possible to post a poll for non-registered guests asking if they are pro-revisionists, pro-holocaust or undecided? I have no idea if it would be possible to prevent sock puppets from skewing the poll so a poll may not be a good idea. Some feedback on the debate would be interesting if possible though. Thanks.

User avatar
been-there
Propositions Moderator
Posts: 8516
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by been-there » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:01 am

Aryan Scholar wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm
How Nessie derails discussions:

- Nessie insert himself in the discussion with a straw man: "In accordance with the denialists, this mean..."
- he then adds a little lie after some responses: "Cremated remains has been found mixed in the ground by the CSC team..."
- Eventually his straw man and/or his little lies draw responses to correct him.
- Mission achieved, thread derailed, the discussion is now about his straw man and his little lies.
The above is from TWO years ago.
Please see and learn the pattern and intent.
The usefulness of the RODOH forum is minimised by engaging in pointless and repetitious replies to the idiocy and dishonesty of Nessie, the RODOH forum's persistent troll. I suggest that is precisely what this person wants.

He has proven over years that he is not here to have genuine, honest, intelligent discussion.
Therefore many of the replies to him (e.g. recently from Huntinger and Turnagain) just fill threads up with inpenetrable and obfuscatory nonsense. Its equivalent to pages of 'did', 'did not', 'did too', 'did, did, did', etc., etc.
The main points are lost sight of. Which I suggest is the aim of this trollery. Every topic thread is derailed into discussing the same obstinate details unintelligently. 'There are cremains'. 'Not enough'. Yes there is. 'No there isn't'. 'Yes, yes, yes there IS'. Etc., etc., etc.

Best to let him have the last word and ignore him instead of making the exact same points over and over again for numerous pages.

E.g. here

Image

Image

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26798
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Nessie » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:30 pm

All I do, is ask for deniers to evidence their claims and point out that their supposed debunking of the Holocaust and argument, therefore there was no Holocaust, is a fallacy. I very much limit that to a very few threads.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 2238
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 am
Location: USA, West of the Pecos
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Scott » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Nessie wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:30 pm

All I do, is ask for deniers to evidence their claims and point out that their supposed debunking of the Holocaust and argument, therefore there was no Holocaust, is a fallacy. I very much limit that to a very few threads.


Well, you have to define what is meant by "Holocaust" first. That puts the ball into the Believers' court, but they never like to do that. They want the Big-H to be whatever they say that it is, and whenever said─no more, no less.

That is why the Holocaust is basically a myth, a religion, a monolith, but one with feet of clay.

Real History, however, is not monolithic. It is very nuanced, and has many points of view.

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 2238
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 am
Location: USA, West of the Pecos
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Scott » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Turnagain wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am

Off topic but I don't know where else to put this. Scott, would it be possible to post a poll for non-registered guests asking if they are pro-revisionists, pro-holocaust or undecided? I have no idea if it would be possible to prevent sock puppets from skewing the poll so a poll may not be a good idea. Some feedback on the debate would be interesting if possible though. Thanks.


We can do polls but they are pretty much meaningless except for fun, because, even if they are set to require logging into the board, there is no way to prevent sockpuppets from skewing the results with duplicate votes. This is some of the price that we pay for allowing anonymous free-speech.

If you would like me to add Polls capability to one of the boards, I can add it. I am open to opinions on this.

I don't recall now, but most people thought Polls were disruptive. It might have gotten turned off by accident, however, when we did the last forum software update. I do know that we had to close Siberia so that it can only be read by registered users, and it seems to have calmed the foolishness down a bit, which impacted the other subforums.

Btw, I saw some of the Democratic debate last night, and I must agree with what Trump Tweeted: BOOORING!

I'm already betting that Trump walks away with it in 2020. But I'm not sure if I will bother voting myself, to be honest. I like that he has a talent for trolling Liberals and the Lügenpresse, but that is a lot less than I was hoping for.

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

Turnagain
Posts: 5960
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Turnagain » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:42 pm

As you say, Scott, a poll would probably get hammered by sock puppets so not much useful information from one. Just an idle thought that didn't pan out on my part.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26798
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Nessie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:33 am

Scott wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:01 pm
Nessie wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:30 pm

All I do, is ask for deniers to evidence their claims and point out that their supposed debunking of the Holocaust and argument, therefore there was no Holocaust, is a fallacy. I very much limit that to a very few threads.


Well, you have to define what is meant by "Holocaust" first. That puts the ball into the Believers' court, but they never like to do that. They want the Big-H to be whatever they say that it is, and whenever said─no more, no less.

That is why the Holocaust is basically a myth, a religion, a monolith, but one with feet of clay.

Real History, however, is not monolithic. It is very nuanced, and has many points of view.

:)
The way to find out what the Holocaust is, is from the evidence, not arguing against the evidence.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Norm and 8 guests