Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2014)

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).

Moderators: Budu Svanidze, Joe Future

Scott
Site Admin

Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2014)

Post by Scott » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:00 am

Please place requests or complaints requiring Moderation here (this thread for this subforum only).

Thanks

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

blake121666

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2014)

Post by blake121666 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:03 pm

There's no way to reply on the URL informational posting so I'm doing it here. Can you edit that post showing how to "name" your link.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 pm

blake121666 wrote: There's no way to reply on the URL informational posting so I'm doing it here. Can you edit that post showing how to "name" your link.
Are you talking about this?
It is RODOH policy that all links are enclosed within BBcode URL tags. Please use the URL-button on your links before posting. Alternatively you can type them in as you construct your post (). Example:
Code:
http://www.rodoh.us/
Thank you for your cooperation.
OR
Note on:
"URL" button
Will open link in a new browser window.
http://www.rodoh.us/ (new window)
Code:
http://www.rodoh.us/
I used to name my URLs by posting with HTML code, but the new phpbb format doesn't support HTML in posts. It uses bbcodes (like the above), which I've never been a big fan of. Traditionally bbcode did support naming URLs but it was probably because a particular board was modified a certain way.

Nevertheless, I thought there was a way to name URLs with this board but now I don't recall. Let me ask around. Was that actually your question, though?

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
historian – England

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:59 am

Yes. I know there's a way to do it because Roberto Luc did so in one of his posts.

Depth Check
Site Moderator

Post by Depth Check » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Is this what you mean?

Code: Select all

[url=http://rodoh.info/forum/]This is a link to the RODOH forum[/url]
This is a link to the RODOH forum

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Yes. You should put that in the sticky. I coulda sworn I tried it this way but obviously not. Thanks.

EDIT: AH, I figured out what I did wrong. I put the url in double quotes. For some reason that doesn't work.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:34 pm

blake121666 wrote:Yes. You should put that in the sticky. I coulda sworn I tried it this way but obviously not. Thanks.

EDIT: AH, I figured out what I did wrong. I put the url in double quotes. For some reason that doesn't work.
Yes, that is exactly why it didn't work with me when I did it. (HTML required the URL to be in double quotes.)

Thanks, DC.

historian – England

Cerdic

Post by Cerdic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:43 am

Can the discussion on the Nazi economy in the Lebensraum thread please be split off into a new thread? :)
„(...) Wenn wir irgendetwas beim Nationalsozialismus anerkennen, dann ist es die Anerkennung, daß ihm zum ersten Mal in der deutschen Politik die restlose Mobilisierung der menschlichen Dummheit gelungen ist.“ Kurt Schumacher 23. Februar 1932

Joe Future

Post by Joe Future » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:10 am

Cerdic wrote:Can the discussion on the Nazi economy in the Lebensraum thread please be split off into a new thread? :)
Yes, that's a good idea. One I had been considering but other matters :x stole my attention.
That's not a semi colon, that's a colon!

Joe Future

Post by Joe Future » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 am

It is my understanding as duty moderator that Blake posted an insult in the HGD&D last night in the lively resettlement thread. Having not seen it, subsequent enquiries revealed to me the nature of the epithet. It was not a particularly awful insult but the poster at whom it was aimed did take offence

As Blake had noticed that his jibe raised a complaint in the umsiedlung thread (INSTEAD OF BEING RAISED HERE, HINT HINT,) he proceeded to edit it out. This in my opinion shows some good faith in your opponent and also in the rules against insults. I found in favour of Blake in this case as he corrected himself and I do not believe beyond being a little bad tempered he was secretly trying to flout the rules.
That's not a semi colon, that's a colon!