Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Henry

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:28 am

Henry wrote:
Nessie wrote:http://www.zchor.org/treblink/wiernik.htm

"On one occasion a girl fell out of line. Nude as she was, she leaped over a barbed wire fence three meters high....
Sorry not 9 feet high but almost 10 feet.

My mistake :roll:
Actually by the time the "evidence" reached Nuremberg in December 1945 the barbed wire fence had been magically reduced from 3 meters to 9 foot.

So much for the weights and measures department, eh...

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:47 am

Werd wrote:I will find that extract about a woman who I think was obviously climbing the fence and post it and give my thoughts...
I think this may be what you're looking for.
Werd wrote:
DasPrussian wrote: It's an exaggerated way of describing scrambling over a fence in a bid to escape.
Thank you for being the first to answer my question.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2448

Perhaps you're conflating Samual Willenberg's testimony about him being/having "catapulted" over a fence with Jankiel Wiernik's description of the nude Jewish assassin going about her deadly exercise..

Werd

Post by Werd » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:11 am

I have always known Wiernick claimed a woman leaped over an approximately 9 foot high fence. I knew about that before I ever heard of this Willenberg character from Treblinka.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2448
Henry wrote:From Willenberg's Obit in the Guardian...
Willenberg described in 2010 how he had been shot in the leg as he climbed over bodies piled at the barbed wire fence and catapulted over. After the war he moved to Israel and became an artist
He "catapulted over"...WTF does that mean?

See here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/f ... es-aged-93
I'm willing to bet it means he climbed on top of the corpses, planted one foot on the pile with the other on the fence, and then pushed off of the pile with his one foot. All the while using his arms for balance and strength while grabbing on to perhaps one of the wooden posts of the barbed wire fence.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:54 am

Henry wrote:
Henry wrote:
Nessie wrote:http://www.zchor.org/treblink/wiernik.htm

"On one occasion a girl fell out of line. Nude as she was, she leaped over a barbed wire fence three meters high....
Sorry not 9 feet high but almost 10 feet.

My mistake :roll:
Actually by the time the "evidence" reached Nuremberg in December 1945 the barbed wire fence had been magically reduced from 3 meters to 9 foot.

So much for the weights and measures department, eh...

Hardly anyone in non metric post war Britain would know how high 3 meters was, so the person translating has rounded it out to 9 feet which would make sense to the reader.

Will you continue to nit pick or will you be evidencing "A Year in Treblinka" is a hoax?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:56 am

Werd wrote:I have always known Wiernick claimed a woman leaped over an approximately 9 foot high fence. I knew about that before I ever heard of this Willenberg character from Treblinka.
I have been pointing out to you that there are numerous witnesses to TII functioning as a death camp and none to it being a transit camp for a long time now.

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:56 am

Werd wrote:I have always known Wiernick claimed a woman leaped over an approximately 9 foot high fence. I knew about that before I ever heard of this Willenberg character from Treblinka.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2448
Henry wrote:From Willenberg's Obit in the Guardian...
Willenberg described in 2010 how he had been shot in the leg as he climbed over bodies piled at the barbed wire fence and catapulted over. After the war he moved to Israel and became an artist
He "catapulted over"...WTF does that mean?

See here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/f ... es-aged-93
I'm willing to bet it means he climbed on top of the corpses, planted one foot on the pile with the other on the fence, and then pushed off of the pile with his one foot. All the while using his arms for balance and strength while grabbing on to perhaps one of the wooden posts of the barbed wire fence.
But what has any of that to do with Wiernk's superhuman Jewess? Who of course became nameless and unknown to her admirers ..."She was our nameless heroine"

As for Willenberg: In a real world situation, running, climbing and even "catapulting" are impossible when one has a proper gunshot wound to the leg. It might happen in the movies or in some playstation/X-box environment, but not in the real world of flesh and blood that I occupy.
Werd wrote:I will find that extract about a woman who I think was obviously climbing the fence and post it and give my thoughts...
Have you found this yet or have you given up looking?

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:58 am

Nessie wrote:
Hardly anyone in non metric post war Britain would know how high 3 meters was, so the person translating has rounded it out to 9 feet which would make sense to the reader.
Not to THIS reader.

Sorry to be picky but WTF has "post-war Britain" got to do with that document or its translation?

Moreover 3 meters corresponds to 9.84252 feet. Now I don't know what school you went to, Einstein, but where I went that rounds out to 10 feet.

that extra 10+ inches might not mean much to you but my missus reckons it makes a world of difference...
Will you continue to nit pick
I will where your deliberate errors are concerned.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Wow, 3 meters is closer to 10 feet than 9, the document is clearly a hoax :roll:

Werd

Post by Werd » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Why yes I have given up looking. Because Nessie quoted it on page 6. :roll:
As for Willenberg: In a real world situation, running, climbing and even "catapulting" are impossible when one has a proper gunshot wound to the leg.
What is more impossible to me is Simon Srbrnik's bullet wound that he survived. I have bumped that Willenberg topic back up.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Werd wrote:Why yes I have given up looking. Because Nessie quoted it on page 6. :roll:
As for Willenberg: In a real world situation, running, climbing and even "catapulting" are impossible when one has a proper gunshot wound to the leg.
What is more impossible to me is Simon Srbrnik's bullet wound that he survived. I have bumped that Willenberg topic back up.
It does not matter that you are incredulous. People do survive being shot in the head.