The Korherr report

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
been-there
Propositions Moderator

The Korherr report

Post by been-there » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Long version:
http://www.ns-archiv.de/verfolgung/korh ... r-lang.php

Short version:
http://www.ns-archiv.de/verfolgung/korh ... r-kurz.php

Transcriptions of Himmler’s letter to Korherr of 10th April 1943 and other accompanying documents:
http://www.ns-archiv.de/verfolgung/korherr/index.php

The report was assembled by Korherr on the order of Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler.
The purpose of the report was to estimate the change in the number of Jews in Nazi-controlled territory from 1933 to the end of 1942.
Korherr subdivided his statistics into several categories:
Deaths over Births,
Emigration,
Evacuations
, and
Other.

There was no listing for "Killed in Death Camps" or anything like it.
The number that appeared in the intercept and also in Korherr's report is listed under the heading "Transport of Jews from the Eastern Provinces to the Russian East: Processed through the Camps in the Government-General," which falls under the "evacuations" category.

Because the number of deaths for Jews at Lublin, as of the end of 1942, is recorded separately in Korherr's report as 14,348, it is obvious that "arrivals" means something other than "murdered" in the context of the January, 1943 intercept, because the figure in it is over ten thousand higher than the number listed as dead for Lublin (Majdanek) by Korherr in his report. In light of the Korherr report, therefore, the decoder ring "solution" of the January 11, 1943, is an arrant fraud.

Though it is clear from the context of his report that Korherr didn't consider "evacuated" to mean "killed," today's guardians of "Truth and Memory" reject the obvious. Korherr's report was a secret document created for Himmler, who certainly would have known what the report was about, because he had commissioned it. Yet we are told that it contains code words to hide the fact the Jews were being murdered en masse -- despite the report's explicit statement that the evacuated Jews were to be considered a reduction in the population of Europe's Jews for purposes of the report only.

Like the word "arrival," the terms "transported east," "evacuated," "resettled," and "sent to Poland" are all phrases which mean "killed," according to the Holocaust cryptographers. This principle, applied to Nazi documents dealing with the Jews, can make just about any word mean "murdered." All you need is the Holocaust document decoder ring. Those who wield this wondrous ring can discover new meaning even in documents that have already been decrypted and translated. Even better, with this magical device one can find any meaning desired.

The decoder ring is the theological opposite of the scientific razor. It allows one to add a layer of complexity so that evidence can be manipulated to fit the theory. No longer does a document have to mean what it says. For dogmatists, this makes the decoder ring much more useful than the razor, for Occam's Razor enjoins inflexible simplicity, while the ring promises infinite possibilities and complexity.

The conclusion to this conundrum is rather simple: since there are two choices of how to interpret Holocaust documents, which to select depends on one's philosophical outlook.

If the answer has already decided upon, apply the ring: then "arrival" means murdered; and "evacuated" means murdered; "resettled" means murdered as well, as does "transported." This is convenient when restating dogmas known a priori.

Conversely, if the answer has yet to be determined, apply the razor. The documents mean what they say: The Jews were assembled and transported east by the Nazis where the Jews were put into ghettoes deep inside occupied Soviet territory.

Which to use is a matter of taste. Revisionist historians employ Occam's razor; the defenders of "Truth and Memory" use their Holocaust decoder rings, which allow the evidence to "converge" wherever, and however, their dogmas desire.
-- John Wier
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: The Korherr report

Post by been-there » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Three points:
1. Two important documents deliberately ignored
On March 17, 1942, Fritz Reuter, an employee in the Department of Population and Welfare in the Office of the Governor General for the District of Lublin, made a note in which he referred to a talk on the previous day with the SS Hauptsturmführer H. Höfle, the delegate for Jewish resettlement in the Lublin district.
Reuter wrote:"It would be expedient to divide the transports of Jews arriving in the Lublin district at the station of origin into employable and unemployable Jews. […] All unemployable Jews are to come to Bezec [sic], the outermost border station in the Zamosz district. Hauptsturmführer Höfle is thinking of building a large camp in which the employable Jews can be registered in a file system according to their occupations and requisitioned from there.
[…]In conclusion he [Höfle] stated that he could accept 4-5 transports of 1,000 Jews to the terminal station Bezec daily. These Jews would cross the border and never return to the General Gouvernement." [Jozef Kermisz, 'Dokumenty i materialy do dziejow okupacji niemieckiej w Polsce', vol. II: "Akce" i "Wysiedlenia", Warsaw-Lodz-Krakow 1946, p. 32 f.]
There can be no doubt whatsoever about the meaning of this document: Jews unable to work would be expelled from the General Gouvernement and deported to the occupied eastern territories. The sentence that Belzec was "the outermost border station in the Zamosz district" makes sense only in connection with an expulsion beyond the border. Like Sobibor, Belzec was situated in the extreme east of the General Gouvernement, close to the Ukrainian frontier.
-- Jürgen Graf
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2. The idea that the "evacuations" reference can only mean 'exterminations' appears to be contradicted by the movements of one of the three brothers unintentionally helped reunite after the Montel Williams Show in 1992
Zoltan "Hershe" Hollander believed for half a century that his entire family had perished in the war. He did not know that his two brothers -- Ernest and Alex -- were living in northern California, or that he had scores of relatives in the US, Canada and Britain, including ten living in the United States whom he believed had perished in the Holocaust.
Meanwhile...
During the war Ernst Hollander was sent to various labor camps and finally ended up at Auschwitz. He and his brother, Alex, were the only two of the 15 children to survive -- or so they thought at the time.
Ernst Hollander moved to pre-state Israel in 1946. He then engaged in terrorism as a member of the terrorist Irgun group in pre-state Israel, and also in the Naqba ethnic cleansing, during which he was wounded three times. He was away attacking Arab villages when his daughter Beverly was born.
In 1950, the Hollanders moved to New York, and their son Michael was born shortly after. Then, in 1961, they moved to Oakland. Here he began frequently lecturing to schools, universities and churches about his experiences in 'the Holocaust'.
In 1991, Hollander received an invitation to take part in the 'Holocaust denial' episode of "The Montel Williams Show." Hollander agreed to go on the show.
By chance, a man in Brooklyn recognized him as the spitting image of his friend in Serbia, who turned out to be a brother Hollander thought was dead.
Ernst discovered that his brother Zoltan whom he thought has perished in 'the Holocaust' had instead experienced 10 years of forced exile in Siberia, he eventually made his way to Kragujevic, Yugoslavia, where he became a printer. He believed his entire family had perished in the war, having no idea he had two brothers in California and extended relatives throughout the United States, Canada and England.

The brothers began speaking every day by telephone. "Religiously speaking, I believe it is a miracle," said Ernst Hollander at the time.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

3. Korherr, refuted such an interpretation of his statistics in a letter to Der Spiegel in 1977:
...Der Spiegel is publishing the claim of the English historian Irving that in the spring of 1942, at Himmler's order, I calculated the number of Jewish victims. In fact, these figures along with the text were delivered to me in completed form by the Reich Security Main Office (RSHA) with the order that not one word or figure was to be changed.

The statement that I had claimed in this regard that more than a million Jews had died as a result of special treatment in the camps in German-occupied Poland and in the Warthegau is also incorrect. I have to protest against the word "died" in this context.

It was precisely the term "special treatment" (sonderbehandlung) that motivated me to inquire of the RSHA by telephone what this term meant. I received the answer that it referred to Jews who would be settled in the District of Lublin.
-- Dr. Richard Korherr
Braunschweig
Der SPIEGEL. Nr. 28, July 1977.
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Regarding Korherr's words in black and white:
“From 1937 to the beginning of 1943, the number of Jews in Europe has diminished by an estimated 4 million, partially due to emigration, partially due to the excess mortality of the Jews in Central and Western Europe, partially due to the evacuations especially in the more strongly populated Eastern Territories, which are here counted as departed”. (die hier als Abgang gerechnet werdenwhich)
POINT 1.
Korherr denied all knowledge of 'the Holocaust' saying that he had “only heard about exterminations after the collapse in 1945." Ernst Klee, Personenlexikon zum Dritten Reich,. Aktualisierte Ausgabe Frankfurt/M 2005, Pg. 331.

POINT 2.
Yes. Black and white. Let's look at it that way. It actually says in b&w "evacuations"
So... Despite the fact of the actual wording used, AND Korherr's explanation in 1977 to Der Spiegel, if it is examined in isolation it might be possible to interpret it as euphemistically referring to the extermination of Jews. However, when one studies the report alongside other contemporary German documents pertaining to the Jewish question it quickly becomes obvious that such an interpretation collapses in front of the overwhelming weight of contrary evidence. It is the same with Göring's directive to Heydrich, with Luther's memorandum, and with the Wannsee protocol. Each of these documents, if removed from their external contexts, can have meanings imposed upon them which they were never given by their authors.
-- Anonymous

Duke Umeroffen

Post by Duke Umeroffen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:04 pm

I take it BT is planning on filling the vacant spot left by Cole's recanting on AR and wants to now become a guru.
Viking; North Utsire; South Utsire; Forties; Cromarty; ; Firth; Tyne; Dogger. Fisher; German Bight; Humber; Thames *; Dover;

Duke Umeroffen

Post by Duke Umeroffen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Yes you can always rely on what it says in Black and White. We saw this crap being pulled over Wannsee. It says "evacuations." The fact is BT never tires of it so I think rather than fretting about rules and ad hominems and straw men he should pull his finger out finally and write a few more original thought provoking pieces on Korherr like possibly the three above, except I wouldn't know about them as I have not and won't be reading them.
Viking; North Utsire; South Utsire; Forties; Cromarty; ; Firth; Tyne; Dogger. Fisher; German Bight; Humber; Thames *; Dover;

Cerdic

Post by Cerdic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:31 pm

I am still packing for my holiday, but three points:

Korherr wrote in his 1977 letter:
[on the AR and Chelmno camps] It was the very word "Sonderbehandlung" ("special treatment") that led me to call the RSHA by phone and ask what this word meant. I was given the answer that these were Jews who were settled in the Lublin district.
Resettlement in Lublin is obvious nonsense even by MGK's model. And Korherr's own report states that the Jews were "transported to the Russian East", which is not Lublin.

Korherr had either been lied to by the RSHA. or was a liar himself.
6. In addition, according to data from
the Reichssicherheitshauptamt
there is the evacuation of... 633 300 Jews
in the Russian territories
incl. the former Baltic
countries since the beginning of the
Eastern Campaign.
Evacuated to where, exactly? I do not recall even revisionists claiming that USSR Jews were resettled to other parts of the USSR. This question is hard to answer if we assume evacuation meant evacuation.

Korherr was sent this letter by Himmler's personal staff:
The Reichsführer SS has received your statistical report about "The Final Solution of the European Jewish Question". He wishes that in no place a "special treatment of the Jews" is referred to. On page 9, item 4, the wording must be the following:

" Transportation of Jews from the
eastern provinces to the Russian
East: ............................
The following numbers were sifted
through the camps in the General
Government .............
through the camps in the Warthegau....."

Another wording may not be used.
I send back the copy of the report already signed by the Reichsführer SS with the request to change this page 9 accordingly and to send it back.
We don't know what Korherr's report originally read like. However, concerning the fact that one paragraph of the report was singled out, we can presume to focus here. We can also presume Korherr originally write that Jews were "specially treated" in the AR camps, and not transported/sifted through them to the Russian East.

It is highly revealing that even in a secret report, the words "special treatment" were so incriminating Korherr was banned from using them.
„(...) Wenn wir irgendetwas beim Nationalsozialismus anerkennen, dann ist es die Anerkennung, daß ihm zum ersten Mal in der deutschen Politik die restlose Mobilisierung der menschlichen Dummheit gelungen ist.“ Kurt Schumacher 23. Februar 1932

Duke Umeroffen

Post by Duke Umeroffen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 pm

It seems that every one of these revs now is now a Mattognoist...I continue to think that Himmler wanted the wording changed because the use of "sonderbehandelt" had become incriminating. That alone gives me a reason to ignore any of BT's reasoning and theorising which will follow and his inevitable informative pronouncement that I/you/they are in denial.

Enjoy your holiday.

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... rherr.html

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:07 am

Cerdic wrote:It is highly revealing that even in a secret report, the words "special treatment" were so incriminating Korherr was banned from using them.
Yeah. Revealing, that. Very revealing ummm,... er, ...that it was so supposedly secret that it had to be kept secret from the very people who were supposedly in on the secret in order to... Er, yeah. Whatever. Just how very, very revealing. Even the secret euphemisms weren't allowed to be used in the top secret, secret communications, because....
... Er, what is this "revealing" again? Oh yeah. How secret euphemisms were not to be used in secret reports because those in on the 'secret' when they read the secret report might... erm... no, its gone again. What is this "revealing" exactly? Can someone remind me, please?
-- Anonymous

Duke Umeroffen

Post by Duke Umeroffen » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 pm

He'll have to do better than that to become a guru, all he is doing is taking the rise out of it and we can all do that.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:49 pm

I have used this translation of the Korherr Report

http://www.germanhistorydocs.ghi-dc.org ... lish42.pdf

We have the "Final Solution of the European Jewish Question" as of spring 1943. It includes the following

"III. WEAKNESS OF THE JEWISH VOLK
The balance sheet for the Jews in Germany shows an extraordinary excess of deaths. This results not only from the very high mortality rate of the Jews, but even more so from the marked scarcity of births."

It goes on describe how since the Nazis seized power the numbers of Jews have declined due to migration, concentration camp deaths and the decline in the birth rate. That latter is put down to the Jews that are left are old people.

"V. THE EVACUATION OF THE JEWS
The evacuation of the Jews replaced the emigration of the Jews, at least on Reich territory. Following the prohibition of Jewish migration in the fall of 1941, the evacuation was prepared on a large scale and largely implemented throughout the entire Reich territory in 1942. In the survey of the Jewry it appears as "Abwanderung" (Departure)"

So ethnic cleansing on a huge scale. The report goes on to list ghettos, concentration camps (with death rates averaging 37%) and interestingly releases. There is no where listed as to where releases went apart from east.

"Between 1937 and the beginning of 1943, the number of Jews in Europe is likely to have declined by an estimated 4 million, in part through emigration, in part through excess mortality of the Jews in central and western Europe, in part through the evacuations especially in the völkisch stronger eastern territories, which are calculated here as departure."

The conclusion that since the Nazis had seized power the European Jews had lost close to half their numbers speaks clearly of a genocidal ethnic cleansing which has come to called the Holocaust.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.