Henryk Tauber née Benedykt Fuchsbrunner teller of tall tales

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
theblackrabbitofinlé

Re: Henryk Tauber née Benedykt Fuchsbrunner teller of tall t

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am

There's a few reasons why I'm inclined to believe he was Benedykt opposed to Hirsch.

- The similarity between Henryk and Benedykt (both Pressac and Franciszek Piper spell it as "Henryk")

- On his deposition "Henryk Tauber" states that prior to the war he'd lived at No. 1 Grunwaldzka Street, Chrzanow "with my immediate family, numbering twelve people, in Chrzanow. Of this family, only one of my brothers-in-law and I survived." It's unlikely that his brother-in-law would have had the same surname, obviously Fuchsbrunner's sister would have taken her husband's surname ("Tauber" state he was a bachelor on the deposition). So Fuchsbrunner should have been the sole surviving member of the family.

- The "Pages of Testimony" for the Yad Vashem for Abrahkam & Mindl Fuchsbrunner (a couple who bear an uncanny number of similarities to the parents of "Henryk Tauber" as described in his deposition) were completed by a Ben Fuchsbrunner. Ben being a recognisable shortening of Benedykt

On the other hand, "Henryk Tauber" states he was born "July 8, 1917", and that's not even close to Benedykt's DOB on the AJDC card: Nov 20, 1910. Whilst it's very close to Hirsch's DOB on his AJDC: July 10, 1917.

Hirsch Fuchsbrunner, aged 32, arrived in NY aboard the SS Ile de France on March 19, 1952 and was destined for the American Jewish Distribution Committee in Cincinnati Ohio.

A few months ago I contacted the Auschwitz museum to see if they would confirm to me the name of prisoner 90124 from the registration list. They were initially reluctant to tell me anything, but eventually they confirmed to me:
Tauber Henryk born July 8, 1943 in Chrzanow, was deported to Auschwitz from Krakow on January 19, 1943. He was registered and received his camp serial number 90124. He was in Auschwitz till liberation remaining in the hospital of Polish Red Cross till May 11, 1945.

Source of information:
- the list of transports incoming to Auschwitz, post war materials, deposition of Henryk Tauber.
The claim that "Henryk Tauber" was in an Auschwitz hospital when the Russians arrived, completely contradicts a very long story by Shlomo Dragon in Grief's book We Wept Without Tears (pp.176-178) in which Shlomo describes how him and Tauber escaped from a "death march" out of Auschwitz on January 25, 1945[!] and broke into a woman's home and took her and her children hostage:
I held a knife close to her neck and threatened her: "If you open your mouth, I'll kill you right here." [...] she realized rather quickly that we wouldn't hesitate to stab her if she didn't help us. I made the woman and the children sit in a corner and told them, "You'll stay here until the evening. You better not open your mouths!"
Dragon's yarn continues on how they fled that evening, walked all night to Pszczyna, walked 15km down some railway tracks, came to a farmhouse, hid under a haystack, the farmer found them, they told him some stories about them being being Poles on the run from Germans, and it ends: "The next day he took us to a dairy...." And that's it. Grief then asks him about emigrating to Israel. No explanation of how Dragon and "Fuchsenbrunner" became star sonderkommando witnesses of the Soviets and the Soviet Poles.
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

friedrichjansson

Post by friedrichjansson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:47 am

Nicely spotted on Dragon's story.
theblackrabbitofinlé wrote:There's a few reasons why I'm inclined to believe he was Benedykt opposed to Hirsch.

[...]

- On his deposition "Henryk Tauber" states that prior to the war he'd lived at No. 1 Grunwaldzka Street, Chrzanow "with my immediate family, numbering twelve people, in Chrzanow. Of this family, only one of my brothers-in-law and I survived." It's unlikely that his brother-in-law would have had the same surname, obviously Fuchsbrunner's sister would have taken her husband's surname ("Tauber" state he was a bachelor on the deposition). So Fuchsbrunner should have been the sole surviving member of the family.

- The "Pages of Testimony" for the Yad Vashem for Abrahkam & Mindl Fuchsbrunner (a couple who bear an uncanny number of similarities to the parents of "Henryk Tauber" as described in his deposition) were completed by a Ben Fuchsbrunner. Ben being a recognisable shortening of Benedykt
But Hirsch and Benedykt are brothers. On the AJDC form you provide for Benedykt it says "accompanied by" then "w Fuchsbrunner Fela" and "b Fuchsbrunner Hirsch". Here "w" is "wife" and "b" is brother. On the AJDC form for Hirsch, he's accompanied by "b Fuchsbrunner Benedykt" - so "b" is "brother" again - and "s 1 Fuchsbrunner Fela". "s" would be sister, so "s 1" must be sister in law.

theblackrabbitofinlé

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Here's Fela's card. You certainly seem to be right about the designations 'b/s 1' being: brother/sister-in-law.

On the link below is a montage of cropped screen shots I obtained from ancestry.com that could be about sonderkommando Tauber:

Hirsch Tauber
Born - July 8, 1917
Father - Abraham Fuchsbrunner
Mother - Mindla Tauber
Town - Chrzanow

There's no documents viewable online, they just cite documents held by the USHMM. They are all presumably German documents as well, I notice one of them is a "resettlement" document.
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/4bd130f26ce ... 01a2aa.jpg

And below's the listing of documents of people who appear to be of the same family. The Hirsch Tauber listings are the ones on the above image.
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/66e86c70d45 ... 83c203.jpg
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

fuchsbrunner's son

Post by fuchsbrunner's son » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I hesitate to write on this blog because so much of what you’re saying is wrong. For the sake of setting some records right I will clear up some information. Henryk (Hirsch, Henry) Fuchsbrunner was one of 5 children alive at the time the Nazis invaded Poland. His parents were married by a rabbi but did not file with the local Polish authorities because of quotas subjected on them by the secular authorities. Therefore while he was commonly referred to as Fuchsbrunner, Polish authorities issued him ID cards as Tauber (his mother’s maiden name) viewing His father Abraham Fuchsbrunner and Mindl Tauber as unmarried in the eyes of the Polish courts. This was fairly common at the time when a marriage might have taken place to sidestep the quota regulations. He had two sisters (Golda, and Rebecca) and 2 Brother (Bendit and Reuben) Bendit escaped to Russian occupied Poland and was placed in a Russian work camp near the Afghan border and so lived during the course of the war. Henryk, evaded capture for 3 years during which his 2 sisters and brother were killed on the spot and his parents exterminated in one of the concentration camps. After the war his brother Bendit joined Henryk in Munich until 1952.

To any of you who believe his testimony was erroneous or that he exaggerated, I am here to let you know that this could not be further from the truth. Henryk (Tauber) Fuchsbrunner, known as Henry Fuchs in America was a low key, quiet, reserved gentleman, who would only give facts as he saw them. He was often criticized in books by some for being too unemotional. Let me set that record straight. While he did not inject his testimony with any flowery language, he suffered greatly from the anguish of the war for the rest of his life. I didn’t realize how much until he passed away since he always kept a cool outer demeanor.

fuchsbrunner's son

Post by fuchsbrunner's son » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Bendit Fuchbrunner was born July 1910 while Henryk his younger brother was born July of 1917. After the war, Bendit and his wife and young son Roman, left Europe aboard The liberte out of France bound for the United States.

Ilol'd

Post by Ilol'd » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:06 pm

fuchsbrunner's son wrote:His parents were married by a rabbi but did not file with the local Polish authorities because of quotas subjected on them by the secular authorities. Therefore while he was commonly referred to as Fuchsbrunner, Polish authorities issued him ID cards as Tauber (his mother’s maiden name) viewing His father Abraham Fuchsbrunner and Mindl Tauber as unmarried in the eyes of the Polish courts. This was fairly common at the time when a marriage might have taken place to sidestep the quota regulations.
This would explain the exaggerated number of dead Jews (such as on USHMM and commemorative plaques), that list the same person twice or thrice, or even list living Jews who changed their names as dead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddVeWgQf4o
fuchsbrunner's son wrote:He had two sisters (Golda, and Rebecca) and 2 Brother (Bendit and Reuben) Bendit escaped to Russian occupied Poland and was placed in a Russian work camp near the Afghan border and so lived during the course of the war.
This would be where all the missing "dead" Jews the Germans deported would be. Thanks for the information.

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Ilol'd wrote:This would explain the exaggerated number of dead Jews (such as on USHMM and commemorative plaques), that list the same person twice or thrice, or even list living Jews who changed their names as dead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddVeWgQf4o
Massive changing of names typical for Jews, erroneous counting of the same person for more times because of changed names, assuming that all people whose fate is unknown had been exterminated and murdered, a practice and real examples that exterminationists are notorious for and for obvious reasons they do not take such objections into account if not forced by some other orthodox historians in too obvious cases which they cannot ignore.[1]

fuchsbrunner's son wrote:He had two sisters (Golda, and Rebecca) and 2 Brother (Bendit and Reuben) Bendit escaped to Russian occupied Poland and was placed in a Russian work camp near the Afghan border and so lived during the course of the war.
Soviets "saving" Jew(s) by putting them in the work camp(s) in the deep of Soviet Union. Very interesting, thank you for the information and confirmation of a hypothesis.
fuchsbrunner's son wrote:To any of you who believe his testimony was erroneous or that he exaggerated, I am here to let you know that this could not be further from the truth. Henryk (Tauber) Fuchsbrunner, known as Henry Fuchs in America was a low key, quiet, reserved gentleman, who would only give facts as he saw them. He was often criticized in books by some for being too unemotional. Let me set that record straight. While he did not inject his testimony with any flowery language, he suffered greatly from the anguish of the war for the rest of his life. I didn’t realize how much until he passed away since he always kept a cool outer demeanor.
Even acc. to orthodox historiography, many of his assertions are exaggerated starting with his cooperation with Soviets regarding their false four million figure as Auschwitz death toll. What is worse, lot of his assertions are just propaganda lies starting with homicidal gassings, cremation capacity and cremation process and ending with burning of people alive in the ovens as a punishment, burning alive in the boiling human fat or burning trenches, burning and shouting man running around the yard of crematorium as punishment or story of a "fire-proof" sack on the head of murdered brave man removed from the oven operated with temperature of 800 C.[2]

If you are really his son or relative of some of his family member, please, I would welcome more information about this man who disappeared after he gave his famous depositions, please, let me know if he has some memoirs, when he died, what he did etc. Thanks in advance.

Notes

[1]For instance, the case of Lodz ghetto (or Hungarian deportations), in the first edition of her Kalendarium Danuta Czech regularly reported that certain number of people were registered and the rest killed in the gas chambers. When the later writings from other historians and places, for instance based on documents from Stutthof camp, showed that "gassed" Jews were in fact deported here hence obviously not gassed, then this lady after reporting number of registered prisoners introduced in her new editions of her book a phrase: "the young and healthy individuals are probably kept as so-called depot prisoners" including even children several months old as we know from the documents. Hence fictional gassed people were turned into the living people again. "Gassed" Lodz Jews showed their presence in several camps if we follow orthodox historiography - Dachau, Buchenwald, Bergen-Belsen, Mauthausen, Sachsenhausen, Gross-Rosen, Flossenburg or Stutthof. So much for the "method" of orthodox historians who do no bother with some research, for them all people are a priori gassed and killed and as the time go by, their numbers are shrinking still without even slightest doubt about the story.
[2]Carlo Mattogno, Auschwitz: The Case For Sanity. A Historical and Technical Study of Jean-Claude Pressac’s “Criminal Traces” and Robert Jan van Pelt’s “Convergence of Evidence”, Washington DC, The Barnes Review, 2010, p. 397, pp. 418ff online.

Ilol'd

Post by Ilol'd » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Bob wrote:Soviets "saving" Jew(s) by putting them in the work camp(s) in the deep of Soviet Union. Very interesting, thank you for the information and confirmation of a hypothesis.
Indeed. Maybe theblackrabbitofinlé can find some newspaper clippings about the Soviet treatment of refugees/deportees and these work camps.

fuchsbrunner's son

Post by fuchsbrunner's son » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

I will try not to be rude and address some of the comments -I've read them for some time and I thought it was time to address them. Regarding six million Jews who dies, the figure is based not only on math at the concentration camps but on census figures of Jews before and after the war. There were roughly 18 million Jews worldwide prior and 12 million after the war. That counts the movement of Jews from eastern Europe (Poland had 3 million itself of which 100,000 survived, almost all moving to Israel, USA, western Europe and the former USSR). That about 6 million Jews died, most systematically through one form of extermination or another between 1939 and 1945 is clear. Unfortunately, my dad worked in the sonderkommando for 3 years and dealt with a good deal of those exterminated.

Henryk escaped in January of 1945 and gave testimony in April and May of 1945, there really was no time for a propaganda campaign. He ran for his life and returned to Auschwitz to look for survivors. He gave testimony because he was asked to and he was not one to be coached. Henryk Fuchsbrunner neither sought the limelight then or subsequently. He gave the testimony while it was fresh in his mind and went back to trying to build a life out of nothing. He moved to Munich after returning to his hometown where his home and belongings were taken.
That video from where those pics were taken , was shown throughout Russia prior to movies or at events the same way news reels were shown here in the states before a movie may have. When Bendit spotted his brother in the film, he was able to track down the producer of the video who had contact with my dad. In that way, Henryk was able to help Bendit leave the USSR and join him in Munich.

Addressing the sheer numbers, my dad lived in a connected home that had 12 people in it, the seven in his immediate family as well as bother in laws and cousins. 12! 2 survived. Henryk and Bendit. Ben did by jumping the lines on the first day of the war in 1939 to Russian occupied Poland. Of the 11 left in German occupied areas, 1 lived, Henryk. I grew up without grandparents and just the one uncle on my dad's side. My mom’s family was similarly decimated. she too was one of 5 children, all died but one sister, both her parents gassed. So that 4 survivors in her family out of 17 I know about. I’m sure there were cousins, uncles aunts , etc, but I hesitate to give the ratios since I cannot be 100% accurate.

I mean no disrespect, but when I read some of your posts they seem silly and dwell picayune statements from a a 3 day interview with a concentration camp survivor who spent 3 years serving in the ovens of Auschwitz. I’m not even sure what your trying to get at. Henryk stuffed dead bodies into ovens. That was his job. If he says 4 or 5 or 6 were on each muffle then that’s what there were. DO whatever math you want, the helicopter view is based on the census. 18 million before, 12 million after, means 6 million gone.

Henryk gave testimony 3 months after the war, that 95% of what he said was later proven true shows that what he said was 100 accurate. No one can see the whole picture from any one perspective. Such was the case from crematoria # 1,#2 or #4. , It was fresh in his mind, and while he had limited perspective since he was in one crematoria at a time, don't believe for one moment that Henry exaggerated or lied. I lived with the results a man who was forced to stoke human beings for 3 years. I saw the numbers 90124 on his arm since I was old enough to remember him picking me up. While he moved on and set up a life for himself after the war, he was tragically scarred, I promise you that. He was an excellent father, but he suffered.

There are no memoirs, Henryk lived his life running from what happened and did not look to discuss the past but instead looked to build a new future. Which he did. He died of pneumonia in Jan of 2000.

Duke Umeroffen

Post by Duke Umeroffen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Bob:
Even acc. to orthodox historiography
:lol:

These guys on the other hand are sooooo unorthodox...
Last edited by Duke Umeroffen on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viking; North Utsire; South Utsire; Forties; Cromarty; ; Firth; Tyne; Dogger. Fisher; German Bight; Humber; Thames *; Dover;