Name the must-read books

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Huntinger

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:05 am
Huntinger is a troll. He is trying to troll you by recommending books that he has not read and as you noticed, books that are contrary to his supposed belief in denial. He trolls everyone on the forum. I put him on ignore after he pretended to have flown to New Zealand and was reporting back on his investigation of the Mosque mass shooting there. Occasionally I will read one of his posts, especially when he responds to a new poster such as yourself, just to see what nonsense he has come out with. You spotted straight away what he was up to.

Ironically, those who know the denial arguments the best, are the academics who have studied denial and then created the online sites I have linked you to. Both HDOT and HC have actually read most of the works by deniers such as Mattogno, Kues, Leuchter, Irving etc, unlike the deniers here, who have hardly read anything at all, either by a denier or by a historian. That lack of reading is evident by the two deniers who have recommended denier works they have not even read!
Pathetic.The poster is currently in lockdown not from Covid19 but for continual trolling the Holocaust forum as it (ein Jude) is attempting to do now; lucky for it, no one gives a hoot.
Perhaps the poster above might to discuss the book of Pierre Berg and his experience at Birkenau, the cleanliness, the compassion, the black market and so on. The memoirs are of profound importance in understanding Auschwitz.
The poster has a chance to state its case if it can. If the poster cannot then it should shut up. Niemand will ein Schwein quietschen hören...There is an old Bavarian saying: " the constant squealing of a pig is tiresome, time to turn it to ham"

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There are lots of good books to recommend. At the moment my library is boxed up and in a storage unit and I don't have anything to jog my memory, so this is not comprehensive in any way. This only scratches the surface of good books that I would personally recommend. One day, after retirement I suppose, I'll have to put together a bibliography of some kind.

;)

Anyway, one my favorites is a reference classic called Warplanes of the Third Reich by William Green (1970).

I am also very fond of the works of Col. Trevor N. Dupuy, especially the ones on the German Army General Staff and the 1918 Ludendorff offensives. The Dupuy family also has some excellent encyclopedic military histories which are very useful.

Strategy by B.H. Liddell-Hart is a favorite from my childhood. His other books on the 20th century wars are indispensable as well.

I have read and enjoyed just about all of David Irving's forty or so works. Btw, contrary to popular belief, Irving has never written on the Holocaust.

If we are going to limit ourselves to Revisionist books on the Holocaust, a notable mention is the landmark The Hoax of the 20th Century by Dr. Arthur R. Butz (1976). This pioneering book is dated in many ways and contains some incorrect conclusions─but it came out just before the term "Holocaust" came into the popular lexicon in its modern context, any previous usage having to do with cataclysmic conflagrations like the great fires of Chicago or San Francisco, or nuclear war or something like that. Butz's Hoax plus the Thomas Dalton book already cited by Been-There are good places to start.

A must-read if you are interested in the Gerstein Statement is The "Confessions" of Kurt Gerstein by Henri Roques (1989).

Another classic, if you are interested in legal aspects, is Auschwitz: a Judge Looks at the Evidence by Wilhelm Stäglich (1990). Castle Hill Publishers has a 2015 revised edition as well, but I haven't seen that one.

And if you want to go into technical details, The Rudolf Report by Germar Rudolf and the Leuchter Report by Fred Leuchter (critical edition by Rudolf) are good, as is the one by Samuel Crowell already mentioned by Been-There.

And yes, I have read all of these all by myself.

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

Nessie

Post by Nessie »

I would suggest reading Thomas Kues three part work (available online);

https://codoh.com/library/series/3126/

"Evidence for the Presence of “Gassed” Jews in the Occupied Eastern Territories, Part 1, 2 & 3"

Note how he fails to find any actual evidence of "gassed" Jews in eastern Europe, in territory captured by the Nazis from the Soviets. Instead, he only finds rumours and second hand reports and evidence of actual transports, but of limited numbers of people, not from the AR camps to camps and ghettos in the east. Those camps and ghettos were subsequently emptied and closed down, which raises the issue of, so where did they go then?

Kues, I suspect unintentionally, helps to show that there is no evidence of mass transports of "gassed" Jews from the AR camps to places in the east, which evidences no such transports took place and a major claim by deniers is wrong.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Enigma Charlie

Post by Enigma Charlie »

Hi Scott,

I bought by B.H. Liddell-Hart‘s Strategy. At the same time I bought the following books: David Irving’s Göring and The Trail of the Fox: The life of Field-Marshal Erwin Rommel and Julius Evola’s Notes on the Third Reich.

Although I do want to be recommended revisionist books on the Holocaust, I’m also interested in any must-read philosophy books and history books which are not necessarily related to the Holocaust.

Kindest regards,

Charlie
Last edited by Enigma Charlie on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:36 pm
I’m also interested in any must-read philosophy books
Enigma Charlie
A concise introduction to philosophy 4th ed. William H Halverson, 1981, Random House.
Best Regards
𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

Enigma Charlie

Post by Enigma Charlie »

Does Turnagain or any others have any philosophy books to recommend?

Kindest regards,

Charlie

Werd

Post by Werd »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:09 pm
Does Turnagain or any others have any philosophy books to recommend?

Kindest regards,

Charlie
Frederick Copleston's immense History of Philosophy originally published in 9 volumes, but extended to 11 in later years. Try the first two. Ancient philosophy, and Mediaeval philosophy.

Read this article which mentions the Halverson book.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

I can recommend this book as it quite uniquely gives the perspective of those who were accused of planning and perpetrating this alleged genocide, now nebulously called 'THE Holocaust'.
And it is unique as it gives their perspective in their own words without any later historians adding obvious retroactive filtering, explanation or distortion.

These notes only became available to us the public in 2005 after the note-taker's demise. His son only then became aware of the existence of these notes when going through his father's belongings. A historian then edited them for publication.

It's been a few years since I read it but as I recall I found it a particularly fascinating read as the Jewish prison-psychiatrist Goldensohn mainly asked his prisoners about the details of their personal lives: their childhoods, their relationships with parents and spouses, etc. In other words it is not mainly about the alleged crimes they were facing trial for. Plus they seem to be aware that a certain death sentence awaits them, so their words come across as a chance for final reminiscence and re-evaluation of their whole lives. Reading their words brought home the transitory nature of all of our lives and reminded me how close proximity to death puts life in a different perspective.
During the Nuremberg trials, Leon Goldensohn — a U.S. Army psychiatrist — monitored the mental health of two dozen Germans leaders charged with carrying out genocide. These recorded conversations went largely unexamined for more than fifty years, until Robert Gellately ...made them available to the public in this remarkable collection.

Here are interviews with... Hans Frank, Hermann Göring, Ernst Kaltenbrunner, and Joachim von Ribbentrop — the highest ranking Nazi officials in the Nuremberg jails. Here too are interviews with lesser-known officials essential to the inner workings of the Third Reich. Candid and often shockingly truthful, The Nuremberg Interviews is a profound addition to our understanding of the Nazi mind and mission.
Hmmmm... “shockingly truthful” says the book's sales-pitch?
Well, then if this IS that, we must acknowledge that none of the defendants interviewed by Goldensohn knew about the alleged plan to 'exterminate all Jews'.

And then another 'shocking truth' is that all denied any involvement in such a thing.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Enigma Charlie

Post by Enigma Charlie »

been-there wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:51 pm
Hmmmm... “shockingly truthful” says the book's sales-pitch?
Well, then if this IS that, we must acknowledge that none of the defendants interviewed by Goldensohn knew about the alleged plan to 'exterminate all Jews'.
How does”shockingly truthful” equate to being unaware of the extermination of the Jews?
And then another 'shocking truth' is that all denied any involvement in such a thing.
You haven’t even read the book, have you? :shock:

The book is available to read via Google books and look at what I found:
In the summer of 1941, I was called to Berlin to see Himmler. I was given the order to erect extermination camps. I can almost give you Himmler's actual words, which were to the effect: "The Fuhrer has ordered the final solution to the Jewish problem. Those of us in the SS must execute these plans. This is a hard job, but if the act is not carried out at once, instead of us exterminating the Jews, the Jews will exterminate the Germans at a later date. That was Himmler's explanation. Then he explained to me why he selected Auschwitz. There were extermination camps already in the East but they were incapable of carrying out a large-scale action of extermination. Himmler could not give me the exact number, but he said that at the proper time Eichmann would get in touch with me and tell me more about it. He would keep me informed about incoming transports and like matters.

"I was ordered by Himmler to submit precise plans as to my ideas on how the extermination program should be executed in Auschwitz. I was supposed to inspect a camp in the East, namely Treblinka, and to learn from the mistakes committed there."A few weeks later, Eichmann visited me in Auschwitz and told me that the first transports from the General Government and Slovakia were to be expected. He added that this action should not be delayed in any way so that no technical difficulties would arise and that the schedules of transports should be maintained at all costs.

"Meanwhile, I had inspected the extermination camp of Treblinka in the General Government, which was located on the Bug River. Treblinka was a few barracks and a railroad line side track, which had formerly been a sand quarry. I inspected the extermination chambers there. These chambers were built of wood and cement; each was about the size of this cell [approximately eight feet by eleven feet], but the ceilings were lower than in this cell. Along the side of the extermination chambers, motors from old tanks or trucks were set up, and the gases of the motors, the exhaust, was directed into the cells, and this is how the people were exterminated."

How many people at a time? "I couldn't tell you exactly but I estimated that in each chamber, which was about the size of this cell, but not as high, about two hundred people were shoved in at one time — pressed into the cell very close together."

Men, women and children? "Yes, but they were brought into the cells separately, that is, the men were exterminated in the same chambers but at different intervals." You have this cell to yourself and it is not very large, therefore, two hundred people would have to be packed like sardines. "Yes, the door had to be jammed shut and the people pressed very close together, standing up." How many chambers were there at Treblinka? "There were ten such chambers, each made of stone and cement. There were no peek holes, just big doors covered with metal sheeting. The authorities at Treblinka would leave the people to be exterminated in these chambers with the motors running for one hour after they had started the motors, and then they opened the doors again. By that time all were dead. I don't know how long it really took for the gas to kill them." How did they remove the bodies? "They were removed by other internees. At first they were placed in mass graves in the sand quarries, and later when 1 inspected they had just started burning the corpses in open sand quarries or ditches and had begun to excavate the mass graves and burn those that had been buried." How long did you stay in Treblinka? "Only a few hours, then 1 went back to Auschwitz. "Then the first transports arrived in Auschwitz.

"1 had two old farmhouses somewhat removed from the camp which I had converted into gas chambers. I had the walls between the rooms removed and the outer walls cemented to make them leakproof. The first transport that arrived from the General Government was brought there. They were killed with Zyklon B gas."
Rudolf Hoess, pages 300-301.
I accept responsibility for the camps, but as far as measures against the Jews, I had nothing to do with them. Those orders came from the RSHA. Himmler sent orders to Kaltenbrunner, who transmitted them to Mueller of the Gestapo, and the latter had the entire extermination program under him. That was the way all of Himmler's orders went. I did not participate in the murder of the Jews.

Himmler chose certain camps and, together with Kaltenbrunner and Mueller, ordered the commandants of these camps to carry out the extermination program. This was done in the chain of command as I have just told you. I emphasize that it was Himmler to Kaltenbrunner to Mueller to Gluecks, who was also one of my subordinate generals, to the individual concentration camp commandants, who had been selected by Himmler to perform the exterminations.

Otherwise, Himmler would have had to give the orders to me because I was technically in charge of the concentration camps. What I am trying to bring out is that although I am responsible for the camps, and the extermination program took place within these camps, I am not responsible for the extermination program itself, because these orders did not go through me, but went through the chain of individuals I have just mentioned.
Oswald Pohl, pages 403-404.

Kindest regards,

Charlie

Werd

Post by Werd »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:14 am
"1 had two old farmhouses somewhat removed from the camp which I had converted into gas chambers. I had the walls between the rooms removed and the outer walls cemented to make them leakproof. The first transport that arrived from the General Government was brought there. They were killed with Zyklon B gas."
Rudolf Hoess, pages 300-301.
Hoess was tortured and threatened. His family was also threatened with deportation to Siberia. Hoess would say and sign whatever they wanted.
Werd wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:49 pm
[...]
5. The Torture of Rudolf Hoss. - Sifting through all the different depositions of Hoss and showing how they contradict each other, the laws of science, other known Auschwitz documents, and also documenting his torture and psychological trauma - thus disqualifying him as credible. The fact that others still try to excuse or minimize his torture, "Oh he wasn't tortured before Nuremberg therefore we can believe him" is stupid. It is also revealed that his captors were playing slippery with his so called confession.
viewtopic.php?p=133605#p133605
On March 14, 1946 two days after his capture, at 2:30 in the morning, Rudolf Höss signed an 8 page typed text document written in German. The document lacked any form of formatting, headings or printed administrative references and was littered with hand written corrections. The document was also signed by two witnesses – British sergeants and a captain of the 92nd Field Security Section, who certified that the prisoner made his statement voluntarily. The captain dated his signature March 14, but one of the witnessing officers dated it March 15. The document does not bear any indication of place where it was signed. Remember the dates – March 14 or 15.

Then on April 5, 1946 Rudolf Höss signed a 20 pages long affidavit written in English – language he did not speak. He signed the affidavit under oath, even though it was written in the language of his captors, not his own.

In order to hide that Rudolf Höss had signed an affidavit in language he did not speak, the original text was recast and presented as “translation” into English from German. However during the hasty attempt to hide the deception, mistakes were made so the handwritten addition to paragraph 10 was mistakenly added to the end of paragraph 9, rendering the paragraph incomprehensible. It was the forgery that was used before the Nuremberg tribunal.

Carlo Mattogno's book that is dedicated SOLELY to the atrocity reports from the Poles and Soviets was finally completed in Italian last year (after being re-written at least two times according to my email correspondence with Germar Rudolf) and is slated to finally be put into English. Not since The Cremation Furnaces of Auschwitz, has a Mattogno book promised to be so damning!
Wider discussion on the torture and abuse of Hoss in this topic page 62 to 67

More examples of defendants being put under incredible pressure and threats.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2095
viewtopic.php?p=58493#p58493

Furthermore, Nessie, our resident gas chamber monger WAS FINALLY FORCED TO ADMIT that documentary evidence shows that Bunker 1 WAS DEVELOPED FOR DELOUSING AND NOT HOMICIDAL GAS CHAMBERS!
http://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168941#p168941
That was because he tried for so long to ignore the evidence that I originally posted years ago. This comes from the second updated edition of Debunking the Bunkers of Auschwitz.
http://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=129131#p129131
but I kept copying and pasting it in front of him in a new topic
http://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168812#p168812
for pages and pages until he could no longer dodge it and he knew I was going to bust him on it every time. Sometimes you have to out-troll the troll to get the troll to behave.

So for Bunker 1 being a gas chamber, that's another thing Hoess lied about. You're not impressing us with mere google and copy and paste skills. Try these books instead:

Debunking the Bunkers of Auschwitz by Carlo Mattogno
Commandant of Auschwitz—Rudolf Höss, His Torture and His Forced Confessions by Carlo Mattogno

Actually, it has been 6 weeks since I told you on page 1 to check these out:
A small book. "Curated Lies" by Carlo Mattogno.

A medium book. "The Chemistry of Auschwitz" by Germar Rudolf.

A large book. "The Real Case for Auschwitz" by Carlo Mattogno.
That's now 5 books from the holocaust handbooks series that I have recommended. I suggest you stick with these first 3, and just read the webpages on rodoh about the Hoess torture and threats I already gave links to. Consider getting that book later. Deal with the first 3.