Name the must-read books

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Post Reply
Enigma Charlie
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 am
Contact:

Name the must-read books

Post by Enigma Charlie »

Hey everyone,

This is my first post so please bear with me.

What are some must-read books to read? Whether the books are about philosophy, history, nationalism, etc, I’m not too bothered; I just want to know what books you consider are essential to be read.

I recently finished Jostein Gaarder‘s “Sophie’s World” and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What are some other good philosophy books to read? Are there any really good books which are not read as much as they should be by people?

Last year I read Gerd Schultze-Rhonhof’s “1939 - The War That Had Many Fathers“ and I thought it raised some very important questions about the origins of WW2. The only other book I can think of which is similar is Patrick J Buchanan’s “Churchill, Hitler, and "The Unnecessary War": How Britain Lost Its Empire and the West Lost the World“. Another thought provoking book back in the day was A.J.P. Taylor’s “The Origins of the Second World War“. Have I missed another important book to read about WW2?

Most importantly, which books should I read about the Holocaust? I wouldn’t consider myself to be an expert on the Holocaust, but from what I remember about it which I was taught in school and later on in university over thirty years ago was that the Nazis began to discriminate against the Jews as soon as they came into power in 1933 which then escalated to physical violence against the Jews and then during WW2 the Nazis and their collaborators exterminated the Jews in the millions by shooting them, starving them and gassing them. Was I taught wrongly? If so, can you recommend me some books which quite easily refute what the masses of people have been told about the Nazis and the Holocaust?

Please spare the more in depth books for a later date, I just want to read the revisionist arguments in layman’s terms.

Kindest regards,

Charlie
Last edited by Enigma Charlie on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.


Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!


Werd
Posts: 10032
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Werd »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:51 am
Hey everyone,

This is my first post so please bear with me.

What are some must-read books to read? Whether the books are about philosophy, history, nationalism, etc, I’m not too bothered; I just want to know what books you consider are essential to be read.

I recently finished Jostein Gaarder‘s “Sophie’s World” and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What are some other good philosophy books to read? Are there any really good books which are not read as much as they should be by people?

Last year I read Gerd Schultze-Rhonhof’s “1939 - The War That Had Many Fathers“ and I thought it raised some very important questions about the origins of WW2. The only other book I can think of which is similar is Patrick J Buchanan’s “Churchill, Hitler, and "The Unnecessary War": How Britain Lost Its Empire and the West Lost the World“. Another thought provoking book back in the day was A.J.P. Taylor’s “The Origins of the Second World War“. Have I missed another important book to read about WW2?

Most importantly, which books should I read about the Holocaust? I wouldn’t consider myself to be an expert on the Holocaust, but from what I remember about it which I was taught in school and later on in university over thirty years ago was that the Nazis began to discriminate against the Jews as soon as they came into power in 1933 which then escalated to physical violence against the Jews and then during WW2 the Nazis and their collaborators exterminated the Jews in the millions by shooting them, starving them and gassing them. Was I taught wrongly? If so, can you recommend me some books which quite easily refute what the masses of people have been told about the Nazis and the Holocaust?

Please spare the more in depth books for a later date, I just want to read the revisionist arguments in layman’s terms.

Your kindest regards,

Charlie
A small book. "Curated Lies" by Carlo Mattogno.

A medium book. "The Chemistry of Auschwitz" by Germar Rudolf.

A large book. "The Real Case for Auschwitz" by Carlo Mattogno.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 7181
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh. Swabia
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Huntinger »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:51 am
Most importantly, which books should I read about the Holocaust?
The alleged holocaust.
I suggest real survivors of the war and camps and not the (((survivors))).
I would recommend a real survivor, Pierre Berg in his book called Scheisshaus Luck; the book takes readers through Berg’s time in Auschwitz, his hair’s breadth avoid­ance of Allied bombing raids, his illness and treatment by Dr Mengele as well as real war experiences.
Another survivor der jude Sam Pivnik who was also a guest of Auschwitz. Like Pierre above he also worked on the ramps and met Dr Mengele while ill and was treated well.

If you get the time read the work of Peter Lantos, a Hungarian jüdisch boy; he and his family paid for their fare on a transport out of the place and treated well in the Reich.


𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

User avatar
been-there
Propositions Moderator
Posts: 9231
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by been-there »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:51 am
...Was I taught wrongly? If so, can you recommend me some books which quite easily refute what the masses of people have been told about the Nazis and the Holocaust?

Please spare the more in depth books for a later date, I just want to read the revisionist arguments in layman’s terms.
Charlie
Hi Charlie.
And welcome.

To answer your question, yes I believe we have ALL been taught an incorrect and physically impossible history.

I would recommend a book written under a pseudonym called The Gas Chamber of Sherlock Holmes by Samuel Crowell.
https://hooverhog.typepad.com/hognotes/ ... owell.html

Image


Then, I haven't read it myself, but I like the premise of this book.
I.e. a book written for anyone who wants an academic's overview of BOTH sides of the debate.
Debating the Holocaust
a new look at both sides


By THOMAS DALTON • 2017

For the past few decades there has been raging a kind of subterranean debate, one of monumental importance. It is a debate about the Holocaust – not whether or not it “happened” (this is a meaningless claim), but rather, how it happened, through what means, and to what extent. On the one hand we have the traditional, orthodox view: the six million Jewish casualties, the gas chambers, the cremation ovens and mass graves. On the other hand there is a small, renegade band of writers and researchers who refuse to accept large parts of this story. These revisionists, as they call themselves, present counter-evidence and ask tough questions. Among the issues they raise are these:

— There is no trace of a ‘Hitler order’ to exterminate the Jews;
— key witnesses have either falsified or greatly exaggerated important aspects of their stories;
— major death camps – Belzec, Chelmno, Sobibor, and Treblinka – have all but vanished;
— we find little evidence of disturbed earth for mass graves;
— we find few remains of the millions of alleged victims – neither bones nor ash;
— mass-gassing with Zyklon-B would be nearly impossible without ventilators and ceiling holes;
— mass-gassing with diesel engine exhaust is practically impossible, given the low level of carbon monoxide;
— wartime air photos of Auschwitz show none of the alleged mass-burnings or cremations;
— the ‘6 million’ number has no basis in fact, and actually traces back decades before the war;
— trends in Jewish world population strongly suggest less than 6 million lost; and
— the present number of “survivors” – currently over 1 million – implies few wartime deaths.

The revisionists arrive at a different account. Hitler, they say, wanted to expel the Jews, not kill them. The ghettos and concentration camps served primarily for ethnic cleansing and forced labor, not mass murder. The Zyklon gas chambers did in fact exist, but were used for delousing and sanitary purposes. And most important, the Jewish death toll was much lower than commonly assumed – on the order of 500,000.

Debating the Holocaust: a new look at both sides

In this book, for the FIRST TIME EVER, the reader can now judge for himself. Arguments and counter-arguments for both sides are presented, and all relevant facts are laid out in a clear and concise manner. The entire debate is presented in a scholarly and non-polemical fashion. Citations are marked, and facts are checked. READ, and JUDGE FOR YOURSELF.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 28874
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Nessie »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:51 am
....
Please spare the more in depth books for a later date, I just want to read the revisionist arguments in layman’s terms.

Your kindest regards,

Charlie
Much of what you are looking for is online, free and easy to access. I would recommend that you read about the revisionist arguments from those who have examined their claims in detail. You can start here;

https://www.hdot.org/debunking-denial/

Holocaust Denial on Trial is like a FAQ about denial/revisionism and it will help you to become familiar with revisionist claims.

"Holocaust deniers spread falsehoods and misinformation that can appear reasonable to the uninformed reader. This section provides concise scholarly answers to a number of common claims made by Holocaust deniers.
Each myth or claim made by Holocaust deniers is accompanied by a short response. Click on the claim to get a longer, more detailed response. The subjects include, among others, information on the existence of the gas chambers at Auschwitz-Birkenau, Kristallnacht, Hitler’s knowledge of and role in the Holocaust, the number of Jews murdered in the Holocaust, the proof for the existence of the death camps of Operation Reinhard, the Allied air raid on Dresden, and Anne Frank."

Then the topic of denial/revisionism is dealt with in more detail here;

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/

"Holocaust Controversies was set up in part to discuss these debates between historians as well as news related to them. Since both myself and some of my fellow contributors have interests in similar controversies over the Stalinist regime in the Soviet Union, we will from time to time also discuss these debates, which offer so many remarkable parallels and sharp contrasts with the historiography of Nazi Germany.
But this blog has an additional, perhaps more important purpose, namely to confront the arguments of Holocaust Revisionism and 'historical revisionism' in general. It may come as no surprise to learn that professional, mainstream historians have paid relatively little attention to what they regard as the ramblings of cranks. I can testify to meeting expert witnesses for the defense in the David Irving libel trial, world-famous professors, who have never heard of the leading Italian Holocaust denier Carlo Mattogno."

Holocaust Controversies is a brilliant source for primary documents and other evidence, so you can see for yourself what is used to determine what did happen. For example, this is a list of the documents recording the construction of gas chambers in the kremas at Birkenau;

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... ce-on.html
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Enigma Charlie
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 am
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Enigma Charlie »

Huntinger wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:10 am
Enigma Charlie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:51 am
Most importantly, which books should I read about the Holocaust?
The alleged holocaust.
I suggest real survivors of the war and camps and not the (((survivors))).
I would recommend a real survivor, Pierre Berg in his book called Scheisshaus Luck; the book takes readers through Berg’s time in Auschwitz, his hair’s breadth avoid­ance of Allied bombing raids, his illness and treatment by Dr Mengele as well as real war experiences.
Another survivor der jude Sam Pivnik who was also a guest of Auschwitz. Like Pierre above he also worked on the ramps and met Dr Mengele while ill and was treated well.

If you get the time read the work of Peter Lantos, a Hungarian jüdisch boy; he and his family paid for their fare on a transport out of the place and treated well in the Reich.
Hi Huntinger,

Have you actually read the books you have recommended me to read?

What do you think those books prove?

I’m not sure what your argument is and why you recommended those books. I was under the impression that the revisionist argument was that Jews were not killed in gas chambers at Auschwitz or any other camp.

I quickly researched the books you recommended me to read and every single one of them mentions Jews being killed in gas chambers. How do you explain that?

Again, if you can tell me precisely why I should read those books I would greatly appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

Charlie
Last edited by Enigma Charlie on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enigma Charlie
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 am
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Enigma Charlie »

Thanks Werd and been-there, I’ll research the books you both recommended me to read and get back to you.

Kindest regards,

Charlie
Last edited by Enigma Charlie on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 7181
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh. Swabia
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Huntinger »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:41 pm
Hi Huntinger,

Have you actually read the books you have recommended me to read?

What do you think those books prove?

I’m not sure what your argument is and why you recommended those books. I was under the impression that the revisionist argument was that Jews were not killed in gas chambers at Auschwitz or any other camp.

I quickly researched the books you recommended me to read and every single one of them mentions Jews being killed in gas chambers. How do you explain that?

Again, if you can tell me precisely why I should read those books I would greatly appreciate it.

Your kindest regards,

Charlie
Charlie whether you read those books is entirely up to you. The books do not give personal knowledge of people being gassed, but mention rumors of such, hearsay, which is a huge difference. These are real people who have been in various camps, two in Birkenau supposedly the main site of gassing operations. What they experienced is different to the narrative given by some other (((survivors))) I will highlight what they experienced:
  • Paid train fares, transportation, paid wages for work. Germans treated them well, kind with chocolate, worked in country.
  • Only one train in three went to Birkenau where it was assumed with hindsight the passengers were gassed.
  • Blackmarket in Belsen was rife, food traded for cigarettes, causes demise of some due to malnutrition.
  • Typhus and other diseases were rampant in Belsen.
  • Transported out but Russians kept them prisoner, had to escape the Soviets.
  • One worked on the ramps at Birkenau for months another a Kapo, neither saw people sent to be gassed as claimed.
  • Men and women separated and put into quarantine after delousing.
  • Food proportional to the work effort, laborers got more.
  • Camp hygiene was impeccable
  • Kapo brutality was extremely harsh
  • Sexual assaults (rapes) on all young males very common by Kapos, both Sam and Pierre got buggered.
  • Two got very ill, expected death by Dr Mengele, flick of whip to death side, but that meant extended hospital stay with milk. Rumors rife about nazi atrocities in the camp but not seen. People committed suicide.
  • Food at Monowitz good, but black market activities saw that squandered under the nose of the Nazis resulting in malnutrition of workers.
  • Dora was harsher, this was where the V2 rockets were made.
  • Escaped the SS Arconia used as a floating camp but bombed by allies. 5000 inmates killed.
If you want to know what happened in the camps which were run by Kapos then you must read books by real survivors of the camps not the (((survivors))) who make up crap for personal gain.


𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

Enigma Charlie
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 am
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Enigma Charlie »

With all due respect Huntinger, I think you ignored my question about whether or not you have read the books you recommended me because you have not read them. I know for a fact that you have not read them because Sam Pivnik specifically mentions in his book more than just “rumours” about gas chambers.

Here are two examples from his book “Survivor: Auschwitz, the Death March and my fight for freedom”:
Old Dombek, the delivery man whose horses Nathan and I loved, ended his days in Auschwitz-Birkenau. I remember seeing him turning into a Müsselmann; after they'd worked him half to death, the SS took him to the gas chamber.
By the summer of that year, as I took my chances in the mine at Fiirstengrube, the murder of prisoners was speeded up at Auschwitz-Birkenau. There were no selections any more; everybody who arrived on the Rampe was sent straight to the gas.
At least been-there admitted that he has not read the book he recommended to read.

Also, your last post is meaningless because you haven’t read the books so you don’t know about the books you referenced. And, I know from many other books I have read and documentaries I have watched that you have made-up lies. I can only view Pivnik’s book via Google books and even he contradicts many of the lies that you posted. I think it’s wise for you to stop making up lies and to stop referencing books which you have either not read or know nothing about at all.

I don’t want to take anymore recommendations from you.

Kindest regards,

Charlie
Last edited by Enigma Charlie on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 28874
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Name the must-read books

Post by Nessie »

Enigma Charlie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:03 pm
....

At least been-there admitted that he has not read the book he recommended to read.

Also, your last post is meaningless because you haven’t read the books so you don’t know about the books you referenced.

...
:shock:
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests