Music

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
torus9

Re: Music

Post by torus9 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:38 am

I love Beethoven dearly and I trust that I'm forgiven for posting the following. Here we see Glenn Gould at his enraptured "best". The performance is fine if not morbid somehow. I'm not buying his love-making to the music one bit...here we go.

torus9

Post by torus9 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Often only appealing to guitar/jazz "nerds" like myself. Here we see the creative force of the universe manifesting itself through Allan Holdsworth in Frankfurt, glitches and all. This man rewrote the book on what defines a "fusion" musician.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:15 am

That solo was good but this is the best.
๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–๐–Š๐–Ž๐–’๐–Š ๐•พ๐–™๐–†๐–†๐–™๐–˜๐–•๐–”๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Ÿ๐–Š๐–Ž ๐–‹๐–šฬˆ๐–— ๐–‰๐–Š๐–“ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–๐–Š๐–Ž๐–™๐–˜๐–‰๐–Ž๐–Š๐–“๐–˜๐–™

torus9

Post by torus9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:34 am

There is no "best". Gilmour is rooted in American blues but Allan Holdsworth created his own language. (On a side note....I'm sick to death of The Wall and Waters' politics in particular.)

torus9

Post by torus9 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 am

The rappers ain't got nuthin' on Chuck. Just a fun tune.

I saw her from the corner when she turned and doubled back
And started walkin' toward a coffee colored Cadillac
I was pushin' through the crowd tryin' to get to where she's at
And I was campaign shouting like a southern diplomat
Nadine, honey is that you?
Oh, Nadine
Honey, where are you?
Seems like every time I catch up with you
You are up to something new
Downtown searching for 'er, looking all around
Saw her getting in a yellow cab heading up town
I caught a loaded taxi, paid up everybody's tab
Flipped a twenty dollar bill, told him 'catch that yellow cab
Last edited by torus9 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:46 am

NSDAP

Immer Wieder

Post by NSDAP » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:16 am

Immer wieder, immer wieder denk ich an dich
immer wieder, immer wieder vermiss ich dich
tausendmal berรผhrt, tausendmal gespรผrt,
tausendmal geliebt.

Immer wieder immer wieder denk ich an dich (Immer wieder)
immer wieder immer wieder vermiss ich dich (ich vermiss dich)
tausendmal berรผhrt (berรผhrt), tausendmal gespรผrt (gespรผrt),
tausendmal geliebt (geliebt).
Was ist nur passiert?
Wenn wir die Flagge, die wir aus dem Nichts gerissen haben, nicht halten kรถnnen, mรผssen Sie, meine Sรถhne und Tรถchter, greifendie Fahne in deiner Faust...Fรผhrer der NSDAP Adolf Hitler
๐•น๐•พ๐•ฏ๐•ฌ๐•ป

torus9

Post by torus9 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:03 am

One fine summer evening many years ago in Toronto, myself and three other brave psychonauts ingested hallucinogens down by the lakefront. The skyline gleaming and eventually changing "form" along with the clouds, trees, you name it. One loses the ability in those moments to maintain "skull chatter" consensus reality which is in concert and conflict with the visionary experience.
We spun Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway on a beautiful Pioneer "bOOm box". The recording is visionary in a sober mindset. The following track became an exquisite experience, a plush aural carpet of divinity. :shock:

"there's no hiding in memory, there's no one...to avoid."

"There's only one direction in the faces that I see
Its upward to the ceiling, where the chamber's said to be
Like the forest fight for sunlight, it takes root in every tree
They are pulled up by the magnet, believing they are free..."
Last edited by torus9 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:20 am

torus9 wrote: โ†‘
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:03 am
One fine summer evening many years ago in Toronto, myself and three other brave psychonauts ingested hallucinogens down by the lakefront. The skyline gleaming and eventually changing "form" along with the clouds, trees, you name it. One loses the ability in those moments to maintain "skull chatter" consensus reality which is in concert and conflict with the visionary experience.
We spun Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway on a beautiful Pioneer "bOOm box". The recording is visionary in a sober mindset. The following track became an exquisite experience, a plush aural carpet of divinity. :shock:

"there's no hiding in memory, there's no one...to avoid."

"There's only one direction in the faces that I see
Its upward to the ceiling, where the chamber's said to be
Like the forest fight for sunlight, that takes root in every tree
They are pulled up by the magnet, believing they are free..."
Ahhh. Haven't heard that for many :) decades.

Interestingly "The only way out is in" (a similar message to 'got to get out to get in') took on greater significance in my early adulthood.

Myself and friends as young teenagers saw Genesis touring that album in 197? when they came to our town of Dortmund. But I remember it was such a long performance that we got quite bored and restless. So much so that we left the auditorium and started messing about around the outer perimeter of the hall were all the merchandising was sold.

I later lived in a town close to where Peter Gabriel lived and had some friends of friends who interacted with him in various professional capacities. Thus it was that I met Joni Mitchell when she was recording in his studio in Box. A memorable experience. What a beauty she was. While describing the song she was working on โ€” as she played back the instrumental backing track to myself and a friend โ€” she spontaneously sang an improvised melody which she said might be a type of violin part. That gave me chills and all the hairs on my body stood up. I'd been listening to that quite unique voice for many years. So I was very used to hearing that beautiful sound, but only coming out of speaker cabinets. So to suddenly and unexpectedly hear it coming out of this beautiful, blonde, friendly, chain-smoking, chatty person standing right next to me was quite mind-blowing.

Here's another slightly related reminiscence.
A friend was working as some kind of cosmic 'energy realignment' masseur, at a huge and expensive health resort in an old Dorset country mansion when someone she described as a "dishy bloke" came as a client for a session. She had no idea who he was and during the session tried to make small talk with him, asking him what he did for a living. His modest reply was "I'm a singer in a band". I was impressed by that understatement. Only much later during a communal afternoon tea break with the other employees, was she informed it had been Peter Gabriel.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous