[How to do COLORS or] TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS

Do your trolling, venting, goofing-off, and testing here. "Siberian Exile" is the proverbial "cooler" for over-heated RODOH participants. "Siberian Exile" is an almost uncensored free-speech landfill--and readers be warned: Free-Speech ain't always pretty. Please exercise your free-speech rights wisely and judiciously. You Have Been Warned!

Moderator: Joe Future

Trolljegeren

[How to do COLORS or] TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS

Post by Trolljegeren » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:24 am

Much of Nessies troll tactics is to constantly quote posts and write a message to clog up the forum. You still get them even if he is on ignore.
Best way to stop this is to simply turn of notifications in control panel. That will let you read posts later when you want instead of replying to each stupid post he makes.
User control panel
Board Preferences
Edit Notification Options
uncheck Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed + Someone quotes you in a post

Ekkert er eftirsjá
Nordisk motstandsbevegelse

Scott
Site Admin

Re: turn off notifications

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:50 pm

AirfixGeneral wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 pm

How do you do the green colours ?

This was highlighted with lime green or just LIME.

[hilite=lime] Put your text inside the bb codes like this [/highlight]

(Don't forget the slash / in square brackets before the command code at the end to close the command code function.)

(EXCEPT use the HIGHLIGHT= command or the BACKGROUND= command instead of how I have it spelled above because "hilite" does not do anything right now.)

I think "highlight=" is the same as "background=" without the quote marks. The CASE -- uppercase or lowercase -- is NOT sensitive.

[background=][/background]

[highlight=][/highlight]

If you just want the TEXT itself to be colored use "COLOR=" inside square brackets [ ] and without the quotes.

Basic colors you can sometimes spell out like WHITE, RED, BLUE, GREEN, LIME, etc.

If you want more precision, you can get HEX codes by hitting the paint-drop formatting button to see the full color palette.

The HEXADECIMAL code below is for a basic GREEN text.

[colour=#008000]basic GREEN text[/color]

basic GREEN text

(Except spell COLOR the American way without the u. I also used the bolding command for illustration purposes. It is the letter b in brackets and [/])

[p]bold text[/p]
(Except do it with the letter b instead of p.)

It should look like:
bold text

If you want the text underlined or italicized use the letter u or i, respectively.

It should look like:
underlined text or italic text

Now, to use the GREEN highlight example above--which is darker than LIME--you might need a different TEXT color besides the default, which is BLACK.

So, you can change the text to WHITE, for example, which will stand out against a GREEN background.

BLACK TEXT

WHITE TEXT

(Ignore the underlining or black backgournd. I just did that to make it stand out on this page.)

EXAMPLE:

[hilite=green] Put your text inside the bb codes like this [/highlight]

Put your text inside the bb codes like this

Now, to change the text from the default BLACK to WHITE, use this:

[hilite=green] [colour=#FFFFFF]Put your text inside the bb codes like this [/color] [/highlight]

(Except with correct spelling for highlight and color. I could also have used just the word "white" without quotes instead of the Hex code #FFFFFF for WHITE.)

And here is the WHITE text with a LIME background or highlight:

Hope that helps.

:D

AirfixGeneral

Re: [How to do COLORS or] TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS

Post by AirfixGeneral » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 am

[hilite=blue]bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb[/hilite]

AirfixGeneral

Re: [How to do COLORS or] TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS

Post by AirfixGeneral » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:36 am