Crazy Whites riot over a Fucking Hocky Game II

Do your trolling, venting, goofing-off, and testing here. "Siberian Exile" is the proverbial "cooler" for over-heated RODOH participants. "Siberian Exile" is an almost uncensored free-speech landfill--and readers be warned: Free-Speech ain't always pretty. Please exercise your free-speech rights wisely and judiciously. You Have Been Warned!

Moderator: Joe Future

VFX

Re: Crazy Whites riot over a Fucking Hocky Game II

Post by VFX » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:41 am

Charles Traynor wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am
Yes it is Charles absolutely.
Mutter mit Kindern
“The unforgivable sin of Hitler’s Germany was to develop a new economic system by which the international bankers were deprived of their profits.”
— Winston Churchill

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

I bought an LED 60W-equivalent bulb from Dollar Tree a couple years ago and figured that must be how inexpensive LED bulbs are nowadays on eBay. But I look on Ebay and don't see bulbs that cheap. I googled around and see that this forum has a guy in Connecticut whose Dollar Tree has a selection of 7 LED bulbs:

Anything at Dollar Tree is $1. So that 3-pack he is showing there is 3 for a dollar! I have to check around my local Dollar Tree stores (of which there are an awful lot around here) and see if I can find them THAT cheap. One can always get the Sunbeam ones directly from Dollar Tree's website:

https://www.dollartree.com/sunbeam-warm ... lbs/261900
https://www.dollartree.com/sunbeam-warm ... lbs/260772

This is remarkably inexpensive for LED light bulbs. It's going to be alot cheaper to renew all of my bulbs with these as my CFLs that I bought about 10 years ago are now starting to die out. I prefer the LEDs over CFLs too.

EDIT: The 3-pack there has 11,000 hr lifetime per bulb (which'd be 33,000 hr for 3) whereas the Sunbeam has a 25,000 hr lifetime (the Greenlite has only 15,000 hr lifetime - but is dimmable). The 2-pack there has 15,000 hr lifetime per bulb (30,000 hr for 2). I'd pay the small premium to change bulbs less often with the 25,000 hr lifetime bulb. So it's the Sunbeam for me. It should be years before having to replace any one of them - even the ones that are on for 16 or more hours per day.

EDIT 2: It's pretty durned weird that these exact same Sunbeam bulbs sell for about $2 to $8 apiece on eBay! Who would pay $8 for something that can be gotten for $1 at Dollar Tree? Even if it has to be shipped, that'd not justify the Ebay seller's price differential. I should resell the things on Ebay!

AirfixGeneral

Post by AirfixGeneral » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:25 am

blake121666 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
I bought an LED 60W-equivalent bulb from Dollar Tree a couple years ago and figured that must be how inexpensive LED bulbs are nowadays on eBay. But I look on Ebay and don't see bulbs that cheap. I googled around and see that this forum has a guy in Connecticut whose Dollar Tree has a selection of 7 LED bulbs:

Anything at Dollar Tree is $1. So that 3-pack he is showing there is 3 for a dollar! I have to check around my local Dollar Tree stores (of which there are an awful lot around here) and see if I can find them THAT cheap. One can always get the Sunbeam ones directly from Dollar Tree's website:

This is remarkably inexpensive for LED light bulbs. It's going to be alot cheaper to renew all of my bulbs with these as my CFLs that I bought about 10 years ago are now starting to die out. I prefer the LEDs over CFLs too.

EDIT: The 3-pack there has 11,000 hr lifetime per bulb (which'd be 33,000 hr for 3) whereas the Sunbeam has a 25,000 hr lifetime (the Greenlite has only 15,000 hr lifetime - but is dimmable). The 2-pack there has 15,000 hr lifetime per bulb (30,000 hr for 2). I'd pay the small premium to change bulbs less often with the 25,000 hr lifetime bulb. So it's the Sunbeam for me. It should be years before having to replace any one of them - even the ones that are on for 16 or more hours per day.

EDIT 2: It's pretty durned weird that these exact same Sunbeam bulbs sell for about $2 to $8 apiece on eBay! Who would pay $8 for something that can be gotten for $1 at Dollar Tree? Even if it has to be shipped, that'd not justify the Ebay seller's price differential. I should resell the things on Ebay!
thanks for sharings that with us alls, blakes. maybes next times tho could you just makes your point in one sentences , likes - "have you seens the price of light bulbs recentlys ? they very expensives" - or somethings on them lines anyway, thanks.

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:06 pm

AirfixGeneral wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:25 am
blake121666 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

thanks for sharings that with us alls, blakes. maybes next times tho could you just makes your point in one sentences , likes - "have you seens the price of light bulbs recentlys ? they very expensives" - or somethings on them lines anyway, thanks.
No. The point was that you can get light bulbs 50% to 90% cheaper than eBay (which you might think would have the best deal) by buying them from Dollar Tree. And there was also the observation that light bulbs appear to be resold on Ebay by people buying them from Dollar Tree.

Given that most people, such as myself, buy light bulbs in bulk at one time - as well as the fact that these are electricity-frugal 9W bulbs (some 60W-equivalents are even 8W), I have alerted all to a significant savings in this area - as well as the added benefit of not having to replace each bulb until after about 25,000 hours of use.

My next post will be about the ridiculously low price of jeans at Wal-Mart! :lol:

EDIT: BTW, these things add up big-time. I run my whole house AND my car from the electricity produced by my solar array. My monthly expenses are about 1/10th of others. I literally pay nothing but the initial cost of having installed the array. And I live in a very large house (4500 sq ft) with a plethora of neato gadgets throughout (such as grow lights for tobacco and vegetables in my basement). My electric vehicle has practically no ongoing costs (not much to service with it). There are no doubt people, even on this very board, who are unaware of today's efficiencies that really do very significantly reduce one's monthly expenses. My phone is free (google phone running on an Obihai box with an Internet-Only FIOS plan). I have the very peculiar situation of only property taxes being one of my main expenses!

AirfixGeneral

Post by AirfixGeneral » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:50 pm

blake121666 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:06 pm

No. The point was that you can get light bulbs 50% to 90% cheaper than eBay (which you might think would have the best deal) by buying them from Dollar Tree. And there was also the observation that light bulbs appear to be resold on Ebay by people buying them from Dollar Tree.

Given that most people, such as myself, buy light bulbs in bulk at one time - as well as the fact that these are electricity-frugal 9W bulbs (some 60W-equivalents are even 8W), I have alerted all to a significant savings in this area - as well as the added benefit of not having to replace each bulb until after about 25,000 hours of use.

My next post will be about the ridiculously low price of jeans at Wal-Mart! :lol:

EDIT: BTW, these things add up big-time. I run my whole house AND my car from the electricity produced by my solar array. My monthly expenses are about 1/10th of others. I literally pay nothing but the initial cost of having installed the array. And I live in a very large house (4500 sq ft) with a plethora of neato gadgets throughout (such as grow lights for tobacco and vegetables in my basement). My electric vehicle has practically no ongoing costs (not much to service with it). There are no doubt people, even on this very board, who are unaware of today's efficiencies that really do very significantly reduce one's monthly expenses. My phone is free (google phone running on an Obihai box with an Internet-Only FIOS plan). I have the very peculiar situation of only property taxes being one of my main expenses!
Yes, interestings. :roll:

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 am

I've been looking over the latest PAVs and they all are prohibitively loud. But there's a company called Volerian that appears to have solved that problem. They use something similar to a bird's flapping wings! Keeps your eyes on this one, it sounds like a real winner to me.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x210p8y

It's either the holy grail of VSTOL or a fraud. I'm hoping it's legit.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Blast from the past. Roberto does Sobibór.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Du2wULidU
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:24 pm

blake121666 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 am
I've been looking over the latest PAVs and they all are prohibitively loud. But there's a company called Volerian that appears to have solved that problem. They use something similar to a bird's flapping wings! Keeps your eyes on this one, it sounds like a real winner to me.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x210p8y

It's either the holy grail of VSTOL or a fraud. I'm hoping it's legit.

Brewster McCloud (1970) probably the best aviation movie ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIO7Sl6hPbA
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."