Crazy Whites riot over a Fucking Hocky Game II

Do your trolling, venting, goofing-off, and testing here. "Siberian Exile" is the proverbial "cooler" for over-heated RODOH participants. "Siberian Exile" is an almost uncensored free-speech landfill--and readers be warned: Free-Speech ain't always pretty. Please exercise your free-speech rights wisely and judiciously. You Have Been Warned!

Moderator: Joe Future

blake121666

Re: Crazy Whites riot over a Fucking Hocky Game II

Post by blake121666 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:25 am

Here are some interesting factoids about my hometown:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... -spending/
Chris Wallace wrote:Baltimore spends the third highest per capita on its public schools.
http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-ba ... nt-in-math
Project Baltimore analyzed 2017 state test scores released this fall. We paged through 16,000 lines of data and uncovered this: Of Baltimore City’s 39 High Schools, 13 had zero students proficient in math.

Digging further, we found another six high schools where one percent tested proficient. Add it up – in half the high schools in Baltimore City, 3804 students took the state test, 14 were proficient in math.
It'd be interesting to compare this with Detroit.

Does BT have an explanation for this? Is Baltimore keeping the black man down? Racism maybe? Chattel slavery from 2 centuries ago? What does BT think about this?

Here are some other recent news for Baltimore:

This was done in a VERY upscale neighborhood in Federal Hill - where one of George W. Bush's daughters and her husband moved into a few years ago:
'I feel lucky to be alive': Woman jumped, savagely beaten by 10 teens in Baltimore
BTW, "Federal Hill" is named that because that's where the Federal Union troops setup cannons on the hill to control the city center and the Inner Harbor after Baltimore seceded from the Union at the start of the Civil War. They threw the Baltimore mayor and legislature into the pokey for the duration of the war! That's a little-known tidbit of history. The cannons are still there on the hill overlooking the Inner Harbor - that hill is a park now. A mile down that road is Fort McHenry (Francis Scott Key - Star Spangled Banner). There was an assassination attempt on Lincoln not far from there (on Pratt Street) when Lincoln was passing through on his way to DC to be inaugurated (another little-known episode).

This is the second failed "cease-fire" weekend this year (of 2 attempted):
Baltimore’s Gun Violence ‘Cease-Fire’ Shattered After Off-Duty Officer Killed

Baltimore hits 300 homicides so far this year
We're beating Chicago per capita with this (I think they just hit 600).

These next two stories are about the most guarded area of the city: The Inner Harbor - specifically created for tourism (National Aquarium, Science Center, USS Constellation, ... etc).
NJ Family Visiting Baltimore Haunted By Random Teen Attack At Inner Harbor
Another Victim Randomly Attacked By Group Of Teens At Baltimore’s Inner Harbor

I suspect there is going to be a very nasty crackdown in these areas. These are very high-rent/important areas in Baltimore. If these go the way of other parts of the city, the whole damned city should be put under siege and starved to death. These recent events are not acceptable to anyone.

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Yo Blake!!! Baltimore, meaning Maryland, did NOT secede from the Union in the Civil War. Also, the assassination attempt on Lincoln was only a rumor. Many say it wasn't real. Just setting the facts straight.

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:13 pm

rollo the ganger wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:56 pm
Yo Blake!!! Baltimore, meaning Maryland, did NOT secede from the Union in the Civil War. Also, the assassination attempt on Lincoln was only a rumor. Many say it wasn't real. Just setting the facts straight.
Maryland didn't, Baltimore did. The assassination attempt occurred. I'm sure you have the ability to google.

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm

blake121666 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:13 pm
rollo the ganger wrote:
Maryland didn't, Baltimore did. The assassination attempt occurred. I'm sure you have the ability to google.
Baltimore only had Confederate sympathizers. It had no authority as a city to secede. The assassination plot was a fabrication. Read Mayor Brown's (the Mayor at the time) book on that matter written 25 years after the incident on Google Books.

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:48 pm

rollo the ganger wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm
blake121666 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:13 pm
rollo the ganger wrote:
Baltimore only had Confederate sympathizers. It had no authority as a city to secede. The assassination plot was a fabrication. Read Mayor Brown's (the Mayor at the time) book on that matter written 25 years after the incident on Google Books.
Before the Civil War, cities were their own masters. Baltimore pretty much dictated to the state - not the other way around. Similar to Philly. As the 2nd largest port city (behind Philly) Baltimore's economy was larger than the whole Southern Confederacy combined. They weren't particularly sympathetic to the Confederacy - just wanted greater autonomy for themselves - as did NYC - although NYC's legislature never actually technically seceded - Baltimore DID though. Lee didn't back up the action and so Baltimore was militarily occupied by the Feds. The Blake side of my family was for Union, BTW, so I'm not particularly in sympathy with the Baltimore secessionists. I myself take the Union side in that conflict.

I've read the newspapers at the time of the assassination attempt. Maybe it was yellow journalism. I'll have to look into it further.

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Blake wrote:As the 2nd largest port city (behind Philly) Baltimore's economy was larger than the whole Southern Confederacy combined.
I'd like to see some facts to back up that assertion.
Blake wrote:They weren't particularly sympathetic to the Confederacy - just wanted greater autonomy for themselves - as did NYC - although NYC's legislature never actually technically seceded - Baltimore DID though.
Show me something that says Baltimore City actually seceded from the Union. A book, article, anything.

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Just quickly scanning things, it appears that I got at least one thing wrong:

Federal Hill, Baltimore
wikipedia wrote:The hill itself was given the name in 1789 after serving as the location for the end of a parade and a following civic celebration of the ratification of the new "Federal" constitution of the United States of America.[6]

6. "Federal Hill Baltimore City". Baltimore Metro Real Estate. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
I always just assumed it was because of the Union occupation there. The cannons are the most prominent things there.

It could very well be that I'm spreading wives' tales! :lol:

I have to look into these things I've posted. I've always been told these things!

I distinctly remember reading about the Lincoln assassination attempt on Pratt Street in reproductions of old newspapers in city history commemorations and such. You could be right though. There's alot of BS that flies around where history is concerned.

It wouldn't be the only time I've been "taught" things that aren't true! If I had a nickel ....

EDIT: But the Federal Hill screw-up is definitely MY mistake. I figured that one wrong on my own. Now that I think of it, people have told me I'm wrong about that particular point before. It's easy for me to confuse the occupation with the "Federal". It's somehow mnenomically and heuristically in my brain incorrectly!

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 am

Blake, you suffer from a condition akin to the "Holocaust Syndrome". They repeat these tales again and again to children in grade school and it becomes ingrained into their subconscious. There is a cure Blake. It's called "Denialism".

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:12 am

Blake, while you're taking time getting your bearings, here's a good book to read:

Baltimore and the Nineteenth of April 1861: A Study of the War

https://books.google.com/books?id=glbUAAAAMAAJ

George William Brown - 1887

George Brown was the Mayor of Baltimore at the time in case you didn't know.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."