U.S. Election - Night of Broken Glass?

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Scott
Site Admin

Re: U.S. Election - Night of Broken Glass?

Post by Scott »

been-there wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 pm

https://youtu.be/T8LiGZhK-bg

Wow. I thoroughly enjoyed Giuliani's presentation. Lot's of Shit-Lib media pundits owned by tough prosecutor types. Of course the main thing the media had to say was that Giuliani's mascara was running under the TV lights.

I think they are right. We as a nation are headed to a very bad place. We are well on the way to becoming a Third World country economically, and the 2020 elections resembled something out of a banana republic.

:roll:

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Scott wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:54 am
I think they are right. We as a nation are headed to a very bad place. We are well on the way to becoming a Third World country economically, and the 2020 elections resembled something out of a banana republic.

:roll:
I think as an outsider it is embarrassing for the US but not unexpected; it is not the Republicans that the world distrusts but the obvious mechanizations of loser Trump. I hope the US Political system learns and grows stronger from this infantile attack by a sitting President, soon to be forgotten but remembered for all time as inept.
Republican Senator Mitt Romney launched a withering attack on Trump for pressuring local officials, saying, “It is difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action by a sitting American president.”

If sitting President Trump pulls this off (improbable) the US would have a malevolent manchild dictator, the Constitution and rule of law, democracy mean nothing.

𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Lemme' see if I have this straight, Hunt. Everything said by Giuliani and Powell is a lie. There aren't any valid sworn statements and all of the accusations of fraud are made up out of whole cloth. There were no over-votes counted in any precincts and everything was done "by the book". Witnesses who claimed to have seen thousands of ballots delivered at night during the count hiatus are lying also. Trump and his crew of crooked lawyers are simply trying to steal the election from poor, honest ol' Joe. That about right?

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

As a reporter yelled out, “When will you admit you lost the election?”
Kayleigh McEnany called on another reporter and gracefully ignored the heckler.
She gave a rational, reasonable common sense response. There ARE credible allegations of voter fraud and many affadavits from claimed witnesses of it. They have to be looked into and investigated.
It is only biased and prejudicial journalists who want to ignore and/or ridicule this obvious, legally required, democratic, fair response.

CNN’s Kaitlan Collins complained of being ignored so Kayleigh McEnany left her with a nice parting shot, “I don’t call on activists”.

"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:57 am
Lemme' see if I have this straight, Hunt. Everything said by Giuliani and Powell is a lie.
It seems that almost everything they have said has been rejected by the courts. Most of the allegation are unsubstantiated.
“I know crimes. I can smell them,” Giuliani said (as streaks of sweat and what appeared to be hair dye ran down the sides of his face.) “You don’t have to smell this one. I can prove it to you 18 different ways.”

Yet to date he has proved nothing.

To be honest what President Trump is doing is a slimy slippery slope. Having lost the legal possibilities, he now has one last gambit – what Dick Cheney liked to call “the last throes” – to steal the election he lost by gumming up the electoral college. He will fail in his crass attempts to corrupt the election, just as he has failed in his crass lawsuits to challenge the vote counts. Just as he has failed in his entire presidency.

His election promise was to Make America great Again; the reality is the opposite. It’s not just another Trump tantrum. It may not be a coup, but it is an attempt to destroy American democracy forever.

During election night mr Trump declared that he was on track to win in Georgia, Pennsylvania and Michigan. He claimed it would be “nice” to win Arizona, but he didn’t even need it. He lost all 4 states (and Presidency).

This is when the tantrums started without a shred of evidence.

“This is a fraud on the American public,” he said. “This is an embarrassment to our country. We were getting ready to win this election. Frankly, we did win this election. We did win this election. So our goal now is to ensure the integrity for the good of this nation. This is a very big moment. This is a major fraud in our nation. We want the law to be used in a proper manner. So we’ll be going to the US supreme court. We want all voting to stop.”

How could the President "know" there was fraud; he couldn't he was upset he lost and carried on like the infant he is. His legal team simply went on fishing expeditions to find corruption but came back with no fish. The seeds of doubt in sore losing Republicans were sown; the Republican party did not count, just the cult of Trump; neither did the thought of American Democracy.

Senator Marco Rubio (Florida) predicted this scenario in August. He said:
Beijing and other hostile foreign actors would throw their full weight behind a misinformation campaign, complete with falsified evidence, asserting that the results are rife with fraud and the election is in the process of being ‘stolen’. They would use unassuming, but fake social media accounts to spread and magnify allegations that some mail-in ballots are being removed from the post office and destroyed, while others are falsified,”

“By the time the election officials would be ready to announce the results, there would already be widespread doubt cast on the election’s legitimacy. It is a nightmare scenario for our nation, which was founded on a revolutionary promise of peaceful transitions of civilian leadership.”

His prediction came true but the hostile enemy was not China but the President of the United States.

President Trump has not made America great again; he has changed the status,it now being equal to the Honduras and Guatemala. To Mr Trump, Democracy has little meaning,just his own ego, his bruised pride.
Last edited by Huntinger on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amt IV

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

"Without a shred of evidence". Hunt, you have your head so far up your ass that not even a sight glass will help you see.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 pm
"Without a shred of evidence". Hunt, you have your head so far up your ass that not even a sight glass will help you see.
He quoted all this on the night of the election and went on a fishing expedition, caught nothing.

Amt IV

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Hunt, it's known that observers didn't have any access to seeing the ballots during the election. There are videos and sworn statements to that. Lots of them. That violates PA voting law as duly passed by the legislature. That's just for openers. What the hell do you mean that there's no evidence?

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:09 am
What the hell do you mean that there's no evidence?
A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Mr Trumps campaign that sought to throw out millions of mail-in votes in Pennsylvania.

US District Court Judge Matthew Brann ruled that Trump's campaign had failed to demonstrate there had been widespread voting fraud in the 3 November election.

"This Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations," Brann wrote.

The judge added that he "has no authority to take away the right to vote of even a single person, let alone millions of citizens".

Trump and his allies have now won two election-related cases and lost 34, according to Democratic election lawyer Marc Elias.

Two leading Republican lawmakers from Michigan who came to Washington at Trump's behest said after meeting him yesterday that they had no information that would change the outcome of the election in the state.

Amt IV

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

First of all, the (((corporate news media))) does not get to "call" elections. They can go [email protected] themselves.

Once the states certify their Electors they will vote in the Electoral College. If a Ticket does not get a majority of Electors or Electoral Votes (270 and not 1 less) then the Election is decided in the House of Representatives, where each state gets one vote. Since the House is controlled by Democrats, it is inconceivable that they would vote for Trump. So it looks like it is President Harris Biden, with or without massive voter fraud.

The problem is, even if Giuliani can prove lots of voter fraud, it is unlikely that he will be able to prevent the swing states from certifying their electors, presumably pledged for Biden. It is going to take a hell of a lot more than proving fraud to mean a do-over.

Frankly, Trump should have been thinking hard about voter fraud for the last four years. Add this to a long list of things he has done to sabotage his own Presidency. I am only a hair's breadth from calling him deliberate-controlled-opposition, but just by a hair.

The situation as it stands is that Democrats have long taken the position that to ask José for identification at the polls to prove his citizenship is tantamount to marking him for Sonderbehandlung.

Democrats think that every warm body that shows up to vote should be counted as an eligible vote, no matter how often─or in the case of Covid-19, just by sending in a warm ballot (or two or three) by mail.

The (((establishment news media))) deems asking for ID at the polls as "voter suppression." And even the requirement of registering to vote by a deadline.

They know that their minority constituencies do not have the personal agency to vote by specific rules unless they are corralled and herded to the polls by activists or "Community Organizers" and with promises of giveaways. Voters get herded in to protect "dem programs." Barrack Hussein Obama was one of these Community Organizers in Chicago; it is how Democratic Party "machines" have operated for a very long time.

Usually this is a feature of the system and rarely becomes an issue in the Presidential election unless there are razor-thin margins, such as the Election of 1960, where Senator John F. Kennedy beat Vice President Richard M. Nixon with help from the Mayor Richard J. Daley "machine" in Chicago, and from dead Mexicans voting in Senator Lyndon B. Johnson's Texas. Although Nixon may well have been cheated out of winning the 1960 election, there was little that could be done about it. Razor-thin margins are just that.

Ironically, Senator Albert Gore, Jr. had a better chance of getting the election overturned in 2000 since it hinged upon who took only one state, Florida─and when all the votes were counted in the contested precincts─every "hanging chad" on the punch card ballots being counted by hand by two workers from each Party─Gov. George W. Bush won.

The Electoral College was created to minimize the effects of issues such as this. The Electors are citizens who do not currently hold office, and they present themselves as candidates who are pledged to support a given Presidential candidate. Once a given set of electors is certified from their state, depending on which Party won that state, the Electors were meant to deliberate together and vote in December to formally decide who will become President and Vice President.

Due to Party politics, the system never really worked out the way that it was intended and Electors rarely do other than just vote along Party lines with no actual deliberation. Some states don't even show the Electors names on the ballots any longer.

Regarding neither candidate getting a majority of the Electoral College (i.e., the magic 270 votes), I don't think this has happened since the Election of 1800, where Presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson (Democratic-Republican or just Democrat) tied with the Democratic-Republican (Democrat) Vice Presidential candidate, Aaron Burr.

[EDIT: The Election of 1824, the so-called Corrupt Bargain, where the election was decided in the House of Representatives and Speaker Henry Clay (National-Republican) got John Quincy Adams (Democratic-Republican) elected over Democrat Andrew Jackson who got a plurality (not a majority) of the Electoral College in 1824 but was not elected in his own right until 1828. After Speaker of the House Clay helped J.Q. Adams win in 1824, he was appointed by him to be his Secretary of State, hence the derisive claim by the Jacksonian Democrats as the "Corrupt Bargain." Also, in 1836 the Electoral College refused to give the Martin Van Buren's VP candidate a majority, so the Senate had to elect him in a Contingent Election.]

The original system made the person with the most Electoral Votes President and the runner-up became the Vice President. So after the Election of 1800 fiasco, the 12th Amendment was passed so that both President and VP ran on a combined ticket.

With no candidate capturing the majority of Electors, the 1800 election was decided in the House of Representatives, where New York attorney and former Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton, leader of the Federalist Party (the Party of George Washington and John Adams) organized a campaign to select Jefferson, an ideological rival over his unprincipled New York legal colleague Burr. So with the help of the Federalists, Democratic-Republican Jefferson became President and Democratic-Republican Burr became Vice President. A few years later Vice President Burr killed General Hamilton in a duel.

The Electoral College never truly filled its role of becoming a fraud-correction-mechanism where principled citizens selected to hold temporary roles as Electors could vote for the ticket that they felt truly represented the will of the people─but in elections that are close anyway, there is usually a call to eliminate the Electoral College, which should give pause.

Eliminating the Electoral College would be a very bad thing because it would essentially disfranchise every part of the country besides New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and the District of Columbia. Politicians, and the interest groups that fund them, would literally be shovelling cash into these inner-city utopias to groom what the Sage of Baltimore, H.L. Mencken called "Voting Cattle."

Despite massive proof of massive voter fraud, I don't see any way that Trump can still save his re-election. But the more fuss his advocates make, the more likely some election reform will be passed that makes it harder to steal future elections or to gut the Electoral College.

Many have predicted that the winner of the Election of 2020 will amnesty Illegal Aliens. And once that happens White Republicans who are not expressly anti-White or crypto-Communist will never win elections again. This is the kind of America that RINOs (Republicans in Name Only) like the late Sen. John McCain and Sen. Mitt Romney have dreamt about.

In 2020, I wonder who makes the better shot.

:)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)