Best WWII Movie and Worst

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Daniel

Re: Best WWII Movie and Worst

Post by Daniel »

torus9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:12 am
Daniel wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:19 am
What's the last movie/tv show you remember seeing? Did you grow out of watching movies/TV or was the disdain always there?
TV show? Not a clue. Film? I guess that would be The Two Towers, 17 odd years ago.
My disdain for television and its attendant "programming" began in my teens.
What about the Victoria Line documentary I linked? Is the propaganda in that bothersome?

I assume you like the Nazis. The Nazis were pro-media. Is it just that you don't like Jew-controlled media. If so, I can understand.

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

Charles Traynor

Re: Best WWII Movie and Worst

Post by Charles Traynor »

Daniel wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:23 am
torus9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:13 am
I literally cannot watch films or TV anymore.
Did you say you haven't had a TV in 20 years?

You're not missing out on much. The time I've spent watching all but the very best TV and movies would have been better spent whittling wood.

As I get older I find myself enjoying pre-2000s BBC and BTF documentaries. The NASA-commissioned documentaries from the 60s are fantastic.

i just finished this BTF documentary on the construction of London's Victoria Line.

Getting back to WWII, I've heard that John Huston and John Ford made some "good" propaganda documentaries during the war. There's a scene in the recent movie Midway of John Ford yelling to his crew to get the cameras rolling just as the Japanese are attacking. I thought it was Hollywood make-believe, but it turns out it's based on a true account of Ford activities.
I watched this video last year and found it to be very interesting. I was a frequent user of the Victoria Line as a youngster and never suspected the trains did not need drivers. These old nostalgic documentaries are great to watch but the demographic change in London in such a short space of time breaks my heart and makes me very angry.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."