A lunch with Mr. Christie

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
torus9

Re: A lunch with Mr. Christie

Post by torus9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 am

Huntinger wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:28 am
I think we can leave the ordinary Jude in peace, they deserve to worship who they wish when the wish in their own time.
My colleagues are against International Jude who have values and intentions which will give rise to the extinction of most if not all people and other life forms on this planet. The debate should be if the means justifies the end.
Leaving the "ordinary" Jew in peace? Well, yeah. Huntinger, you're passionate about this, but think. Your "means" are undefined, but should you acquire every last "unordinary Jew" in a cremated pile before you...How well do you think this would really play out?
Forgive any misperceptions of mine, but I sense that you seek political solutions whose intentions are strengthened by being German. Due, in part, to a greater sense of shared history, language, cultural identity, etc as partial impetus to a political solution/revolution. (?)
For myself, I no longer seek, care, nor "believe" in political solutions. As selfish as it may seem, my brief existence really IS, "all about me" - with no grandeur, glamour, or pretense. No nationalist identity. A "Canadian" in birth-certificate only. I'm the internationalists dream, and I couldn't care less who becomes king-shit of this planet anymore. I do think the Chinese are just going to continue speaking their Ching-lish (pardon me) until Mandarin breeds its way into the status of official language in Canada.
Last edited by torus9 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 am

torus9 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 am
Leaving the "ordinary" Jew in peace? Well, yeah. Huntinger, you're passionate about this, but think. Your "means" are undefined, but should you acquire every last "unordinary Jew" in a cremated pile before you...How well do you think this would really play out?
Forgive any misperceptions of mine, but I sense that you seek political solutions whose intentions are strengthened by being German. Due, in part, to a greater sense of shared history, language, cultural identity, etc as partial impetus to a political solution/revolution. (?)
The intention would be Torus is to leave Jude alone but focus only on those who attack the common people. In this you might notice we align politically with the Syrians, the Palestinians, the Persians including Iraq and Iran, Turkey and all sentient peoples, which includes the Russias and most of Europe and the antipodes, including Africa. There is a shifting of the sands. There will be no cremated unordinary Jude unless they pass away of natural causes. ISIS and al Queda are a construct of the US government and would be dealt with by "operational groups".
There can only be Politics Torus, it is a fact of life but not the only fact. Politics should be persuasive but not dominant.
The people through their arts, music, culture take precedent. People also have a right to chill out and be financially secure, encouraged to contribute in the manner they seem fit: Das ist Nationalsozialismus
Meine Ehre heißt Treue
𝕲𝖊𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖒- 𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖟𝖊𝖎 𝖋𝖚̈𝖗 𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝕾𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖘𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖙

torus9

Post by torus9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:18 am

Huntinger wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 am
The intention would be Torus is to leave Jude alone but focus only on those who attack the common people. In this you might notice we align politically with the Syrians, the Palestinians, the Persians including Iraq and Iran, Turkey and all sentient peoples, which includes the Russias and most of Europe and the antipodes, including Africa. There is a shifting of the sands. There will be no cremated unordinary Jude unless they pass away of natural causes. ISIS and al Queda are a construct of the US government and would be dealt with by "operational groups".
There can only be Politics Torus, it is a fact of life but not the only fact. Politics should be persuasive but not dominant.
The people through their arts, music, culture take precedent. People also have a right to chill out and be financially secure, encouraged to contribute in the manner they seem fit: Das ist Nationalsozialismus
I appreciate your analysis. But for me, a healthy nihilism is replacing a once youthful political idealism. The shifting sands of which you speak have become redundant theatre for me, along with their attendant theologies, heartbreak, and misery. And as we can all see, they shift slowly. I say that without malice, afforded as I am with a comfortable life in Canada. Grateful for a fate that I had no choice in, and a free will that I never asked for. And despite your atheism, aligning with Iraq, Iran, etc has inevitable religious consequences, which are obviously not only persuasive (think boxcutters, passports, Muslims) but often dominant (think two planes pulverizing three towers). That was sarcasm. It's fascinating theatre, but ultimately meaningless.
Last edited by torus9 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:22 am

torus9 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:18 am
I appreciate your analysis. But for me, a healthy nihilism is replacing a once youthful political idealism. The shifting sands of which you speak have become redundant theatre for me, along with their attendant theologies, heartbreak, and misery. And as we can all see, they shift slowly. I say that without malice, afforded as I am with a comfortable life in Canada. Grateful for a fate that I had no choice in, and a free will that I never asked for. And despite your atheism, aligning with Persia, Iraq, Iran, etc has inevitable religious consequences, which are obviously not only persuasive (think boxcutters, passports, Muslims) but often dominant (think two planes pulverizing three towers). That was sarcasm. It's fascinating theatre, but ultimately meaningless.
This is fair enough but while you reside in your fireside complacency, I and my colleagues will try and make the world a nicer place. You have the right to your own views and opinions. Nice to talk to you. We do not support any illegal acts especially terrorism but the right for individuals to self actualize, to find their own humanity, love and endurance.
Meine Ehre heißt Treue

torus9

Post by torus9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:47 am

Huntinger wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:22 am
This is fair enough but while you reside in your fireside complacency, I and my colleagues will try and make the world a nicer place. You have the right to your own views and opinions. Nice to talk to you.
"Men go crazy in congregations they only get better one-by-one."

55+ hr work weeks are not exactly complacent. I abide by the law, pay taxes, and play by the rules in a game where the odds are stacked against me. Making the world a subjectively "nicer place" also happens "one-by-one". For me, that involves random acts of kindness/charity. Global altruism just isn't feasible, the so-called "golden rule", is.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 am

torus9 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:47 am
55+ hr work weeks are not exactly complacent. I abide by the law, pay taxes, and play by the rules in a game where the odds are stacked against me. Making the world a subjectively "better place" also happens "one-by-one". For me, that involves random acts of kindness/charity. Global altruism just isn't feasible, the so-called "golden rule", is.
I think you misunderstood but that is fine. You have made the world a better place by coming on this forum to discuss hard issues. Thanks... danke.
In the last conflict, the media made out that the Gestapo who I am a member of intruded on peoples lives. This totally annoys us as this is not how it was. All cops make mistakes. What happened is that there were huge issues with Soviets and Jew spies attempting to usurp the normality of the common people. The task of the State Police was to suppress these infiltrations. No children or men in wheel chairs were thrown onto the road as Mr Spielberg depicts. The State Police were highly professional.
Meine Ehre heißt Treue

torus9

Post by torus9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:03 am

I leave you now with a Sting!

"The newspapers screamed for blood
It was the best of times!
Every place around the world it seems the same
Can't hear the rhythm for the drums
Everybody wants to look the other way
When something wicked this way comes"
Last edited by torus9 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:21 am

torus9 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:03 am
I leave you now with a Sting!
Thank you not my style of music... I listened to yours now you listen to ours... danke.
Hey take care.
Meine Ehre heißt Treue

torus9

Post by torus9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Huntinger wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:21 am
Thank you not my style of music... I listened to yours now you listen to ours... danke.
Seems like a romantic love ballad. Alas my love, you do me wrong. Romance was once a fun thing to have faith in but I snapped out of it. Marriage is for the religious. Contractualize emotions and render myself financially vulnerable at the same time? Hey, what could go wrong? :shock: Anyway...

More from Mr. C

"You have spent seven weeks examining the evidence in one of the most wide-scoped cases in the history of Canadian jurisprudence. I said at the beginning, and I repeat to you now, that this is a case that never should have been before a court of law in a free society because it is an issue upon which courts will have no end of difficulty addressing and dealing with. If you have a clear understanding of the role of freedom in a free society, this may never have to happen again, because a clear indication that we permit and tolerate debate and points of view we may not agree with from a jury of twelve ordinary citizens will be the strongest indication to every politician in this country that we are not subject to the pressures of groups dictating ideas and determining how other people will think, act, and speak, unless it contravenes the freedom of others to think, act, and speak."

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:27 pm

torus9 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:03 am
It was so good to meet somebody that I regarded as a 'mentor', whom until that day I only had the good fortune of reading.

More from the Zundel trial.

"But the world is no more justified in silencing the opinion of one man than that one man would be if he had the power in silencing all the world," these words of John Stuart Mill are as true today as when he spoke them. Do we have to learn the same lessons all over again, every generation? Do we never entrench and understand from one generation to the next the right to differ? Do we always have to fight these battles time and again? I guess we do. I guess it's always going to be a struggle to have a different point of view, but I'll tell you, it has always been the history of Man that good men and women have valued freedom, sometimes to the extent that they would risk their lives to save it, and if anything could be done to honour the memory of men and women who died in war for the sake of freedom, it would be to recognize that freedom now, for someone whose opinions they might not have agreed with. If we have a duty to admit a fact about ourselves, it's that we don't have all the answers.
Let our society from the date of your verdict be known for the safety with which we tolerate divergent views and opinions, when truth is left free to combat error in the open arena of a free society unfettered by the heavy hand of the state. That is a simple statement of principle. I guess it is necessary for you and I once again to make the little sacrifice that you and I have to be here and fight for that principle all over again. Thank God, no one was really hurt. Thank God, that we can do this in a rational context with respect for each other, with understanding, with charity for our many errors, without having to go to war, to discuss controversies. Maybe there's progress, but there won't be if everybody who wishes to bring forth a controversial view will have to do so in a court at their own expense."
Great story. Thanks for sharing. And for the quotes from the trial.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous