Josef Mengele executes inhuman experiment on helpless Jew (1943 + description)

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Trolljegeren

Re: Josef Mengele executes inhuman experiment on helpless Jew (1943 + description)

Post by Trolljegeren » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:42 pm

torus9 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:16 pm
A brilliant modulation! To "A minor", no less!
I thought a G# would be more effective; this is the enharmonic equivalent of A-flat major.

Ekkert er eftirsjá
Nordisk motstandsbevegelse

torus9

Re: Josef Mengele executes inhuman experiment on helpless Jew (1943 + description)

Post by torus9 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:01 am

You are wrong. G# is indeed the enharmonic equivalent of A flat, but not of "A flat major", which contains 4 flats. I would never compose in "G# major", as the key signature would look hideous. G# minor? No problem, as we're dealing with relative minor of B major and its 5 sharps.

Trolljegeren

Post by Trolljegeren » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:23 am

torus9 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:01 am
You are wrong. G# is indeed the enharmonic equivalent of A flat, but not of "A flat major", which contains 4 flats. I would never compose in "G# major", as the key signature would look hideous. G# minor? No problem, as we're dealing with relative minor of B major and its 5 sharps.
Other people think differently. :) Check it out. You may be falling short.

Ekkert er eftirsjá

torus9

Post by torus9 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:17 am

Trolljegeren wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:23 am
torus9 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:01 am
Other people think differently. :) Check it out. You may be falling short.
I may check it out, but I don't foresee this modality as offering any expediency. And this purely from a guitarist's perspective in the "real world" of live music. In the case of parallel minor/major modulation, ala G# minor to G# major - I might, big might, label the triads G# - A# minor - (B# minor) C# - D# - (E# minor) (F ## dim WHY FOR FUCKS SAKE!?)

The enharmonic spellings are redundant, it's the fundamental triads that we're concerned with. First and foremost, THEIR SOUND, and second, their potential function, and last - expedient nomenclature. F double sharp minor7 flat 5 is redundant, G m7 b5 is much more expedient. I've only scratched the surface here.

Trolljegeren

Post by Trolljegeren » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:24 am

torus9 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:17 am
I've only scratched the surface here.
The machine I spoke of is about to scratch the back of your neck. That is a G# .The vertebra prominens, or C7, has a distinctive long and prominent spinous process, which is palpable from the skin surface. Sometimes, the seventh cervical vertebra is associated with an abnormal extra rib, known as a cervical rib, which develops from the anterior root of the transverse process. These ribs are usually small, but may occasionally compress blood vessels (such as the subclavian artery or subclavian vein) or nerves in the brachial plexus, causing pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in the upper limb, a condition known as thoracic outlet syndrome.
I have heard that when the blade stikes, a harmonic resonance is set up which some have described as a bell like tone with a G# tonal quality similar to a tuning fork. This has been reported by people closely associated with the device. Who would believe that a musical instrument could be associated with the harmony of the eternal.

Ekkert er eftirsjá

torus9

Post by torus9 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:37 am

Trolljegeren wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:24 am
torus9 wrote:
The machine I spoke of is about to scratch the back of your neck. That is a G#
Oh I doubt that very much. I'm too well versed in actually playing music to be splitting hairs over its nomenclature, aside from the correct spelling of its rhythm.

Take a humble E major triad with B in the bass. Raise the B a semitone and what do we get? A B# augmented? As you like it. I "see" it and hear it as a three triads in one, C-E-G# augmented, and the spelling is more elegant in thirds.

torus9

Post by torus9 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 am

Trolljegeren wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:24 am
torus9 wrote:
The machine I spoke of is about to scratch the back of your neck. That is a G# .The vertebra prominens, or C7, has a distinctive long and prominent spinous process, which is palpable from the skin surface. Sometimes, the seventh cervical vertebra is associated with an abnormal extra rib, known as a cervical rib, which develops from the anterior root of the transverse process. These ribs are usually small, but may occasionally compress blood vessels (such as the subclavian artery or subclavian vein) or nerves in the brachial plexus, causing pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in the upper limb, a condition known as thoracic outlet syndrome.
I have heard that when the blade stikes, a harmonic resonance is set up which some have described as a bell like tone with a G# tonal quality similar to a tuning fork. This has been reported by people closely associated with the device. Who would believe that a musical instrument could be associated with the harmony of the eternal.
Death metal? Is that your thing?

Trolljegeren

Post by Trolljegeren » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 am

torus9 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 am
No it is not, but be assured it has and will do the hair cutting job again. The "National Razor" is no secret. The fine tuning can give a ring tone so sharp it is splicing, to say the least. Have a nice day.
I'm too well versed in actually playing music to be splitting hairs
No worries, splitting the hairs on the back of your neck is not your issue; the machine will function well without your input.
more elegant in thirds.
Not quite right, I do believe it is in Octo.
Last edited by Trolljegeren on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ekkert er eftirsjá

torus9

Post by torus9 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:03 am

Trolljegeren wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 am
torus9 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 am
No it is not, but be assured it has and will do the hair cutting job again. The "National Razor" is no secret. The fine tuning can give a ring tone so sharp it is splicing, to say the least. Have a nice day.
Why so cryptic?

Trolljegeren

Post by Trolljegeren » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 am

torus9 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:03 am
Why so cryptic?
Oh the crypt...well a potential new job for you.

Ekkert er eftirsjá