Random Third Reich Images & Discussion

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Random Third Reich Images & Discussion

Post by been-there » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:03 pm

"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Anschluß — 1938

Post by been-there » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Eighty years ago.

But look how the British commonwealth press reported it...

-- Anonymous

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Anchluss with Germany was first proposed by the Austrians themselves in 1918 after the break up of the Austro-Hungarian Empire which left Austria nothing more than a rump state. Germany approved the idea but the Entente forbade the merger in the Treaty of St. Germain between Austria and the Allied Powers (The Entente). The treaty was signed in 1919 and came into force in 1920. The Austrians protested this treaty as a violation of the principle of self determination but at that time these treaties were nothing more than "DIKTATS" imposed by the Entente Powers.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm

I just finished re-reading the biography of Erich Kempka. I'd forgotten what a gripping and informative account it gives of the Battle of Berlin and the death and cremation of Mr and Mrs Hitler. He also gives a very detailed negative perspective of Martin Borrmann.

Nuremberg cross-examination of of Erich Kempka

Erich Kempka, was Hitler's chauffeur from 1936 onwards. Erich married Maja, a woman that Martin Bormann told Hitler was a “common whore.” Hitler demanded Kempka divorce Maja, which he did. But Kempka told Hitler, “then I will continue to live with her without the benefit of marriage.”
Hitler had no problem with this and Kempka then formally remarried Maja after the war.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Look at the 21st century imagination of the person doing the colourisation. They've got them covered in blood!! :o

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 pm

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:45 pm

HARALD QUANT

ImageImage
ImageImage

Last letter from Dr. Joseph Goebbels to his step-son Harald Quant. Taken out of the bunker by Hanna Reitsch, the female hero and expert pilot.

Written in the Führerbunker, Berlin on 28th of April, 1945.

. . . . . .

. . . . . .
Dear Harald,
We are trapped in the Führerbunker at the Reichs chancellory and we fight for our lives and our honour.
How this struggle will end, that God alone knows. I but know that we will only be leaving here with honour and glory, whether that is dead or alive.

I do not think we will ever again see each other. Therefore, I expect these will be the last words you will receive from me. I hope, if you come through this terrible war, that you will honour both your mother and I.
It is not necesary for us to survive to influence our people. You will be the only one left to carry on our family traditions. Always act in a way not to shame us.

Germany will survive this war, but only if our people have examples to guide them, before their eyes. And this is the example that we want to give.

You can be proud to own a mother like yours. Last night the Führer presented her with the golden party badge he has worn on his jacket for so many years, and she has deserved it also.

In the future, you will have only one mission: be worthy of the great sacrifice we are willing to make. I know you will.

You may only need one task in the future, to not let the noise that the world is about to start confuse you. One day, the lies will collapse under their own weight, and truth will triumph over them. The hour will come in which we will be above all, clean and without guilt, like our faith and task were, it is certain.

Goodbye [live well] my dear Harald!! If we meet again depends on God. If is not to be, I will always be proud of having belonged to a family, that, even in adversity and up to the last moment, has been faithful to the Führer and to his pure and holy cause.

My best wishes and heartfelt greetings.

Your Pappa.

Harald survived the war, married and had three children.
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:51 pm

torus9

Post by torus9 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:29 pm

"Hitler speaking normally"

Fascinating.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Ha ha ha thank you Torus. It is a rare event for any politician to be "normal". Quite different to the normal Fuhrer rant we see in those Fegalein clips.

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖘𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙