Fare well

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Heinrich Hovis

Re: Fare well

Post by Heinrich Hovis » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Best wishes, Wilf. Peaceful rest. JH.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear this news, Wilf. You are one of those exceptional characters that made the RODOH forum stand out from the crowd. Your gentlemanly bearing and good humour when dealing with the opposition over the years was an example of the type of behaviour the rest of us should be aspiring to. Things will not be quite the same here without you.

Sincerely,

Charles
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

DasPrussian

Post by DasPrussian » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:24 am

Sad news, Wilf.

As the words to my football team's anthem goes " Keep Right on to the End of Road ".

Hope you just do that, mate.

Kind Regards

DP
All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

Cerdic

Post by Cerdic » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm saddened to hear this. I hope your remaining time is painless and fulfilling.

- Cerdic
„(...) Wenn wir irgendetwas beim Nationalsozialismus anerkennen, dann ist es die Anerkennung, daß ihm zum ersten Mal in der deutschen Politik die restlose Mobilisierung der menschlichen Dummheit gelungen ist.“ Kurt Schumacher 23. Februar 1932

Balsamo

Post by Balsamo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:23 pm

Sorry to hear that, Wilf.

Under those circunstances, most words are just irrelevant.
just Keep hoping whatever you´d hope for.

Balsamo

neugierig

Post by neugierig » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:46 pm

Dear Friends.

I am humbled, many thanks for the very kind remarks. And yes, Scott, we have lost a few over the years, but, the ‘replacements’ are top notch.

Please carry on the good fight.

Regards
Wilf
Ohne Meinungsfreiheit gibt es keine Freiheit (frei nach I. Kant)

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Goodbye, Mr. Heink.

I'll remember you as a worthy opponent.

May you pass over without suffering into the realm of eternal peace.
Denial of generally known historical facts should not be punishable. For those who maintain, for instance, that Germany did not take part in World War I or that Adenauer fought at Issus in 333, their own stupidity is punishment enough. The same should apply to the denial of the horrors and crimes of the recent German past.
~ A German jurist by the name of Baumann in the German juridical magazine NJW, quoted in: Bailer-Galanda/Benz/Neugebauer (ed.), Die Auschwitzleugner, Berlin 1996, page 261 (my translation).

theblackrabbitofinlé

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:12 am

I'm gutted to hear this Wilf.

Looks like we won't get to meet up for that pint then. Not this time around anyway buddy. But I will at least raise a toast you next time I go for a drink.

My best regards to you, your wife, your family and close friends. You'll be in people's thoughts for a long time Wilf. And you know what those Mexicans believe: you're never really gone when there's people who remember you.
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

Stella

Post by Stella » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:36 pm

Auf Wiedersehen.

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:36 am

I was very sorry to hear this news, Wilf.
In a fringe debate dominated by aggressive maddies on both sides, yours was a rare courteous and scholarly voice cutting unperturbed through the din.

I was always disappointed I could never convert to the School of Bakeries, a school that only made one convert, Shyster. And in all honesty he was probably only playing some game a way above my pay grade.

All of us who become aware of how nutty our recent history is are a little bit like those early Christians eagerly expecting the 2nd coming in a year or to. Or maybe like those Eastern European Jews saying: "Next year, Jerusalem." But deep down we realize this oddball situation will probably out-live all of us.

This is what I always return to

Magna Est Veritas

Here, in this little Bay,
Full of tumultuous life and great repose,
Where, twice a day,
The purposeless, glad ocean comes and goes,
Under high cliffs, and far from the huge town,
I sit me down.
For want of me the world's course will not fail:
When all its work is done, the lie shall rot;
The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not.

Coventry Patmore

best wishes
The Little Grey Rabbit