Mein Kampf

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
ralphgordon

Mein Kampf

Post by ralphgordon » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:54 am

https://www.rt.com/news/327023-mein-kam ... n-schools/
Surely the above is a good thing. Even if the particular edition for use in schools is highly critical of Hitler the minority of really intelligent students who are actually interested in the subject will draw their own conclusions from the subject matter presented, and will perhaps realise what a genius was Hitler! -- even if he was not as clever as, say, Hegel or Marx. I think that the Stalinists (i.e., not authenic marxists!) would be smart enough not to let Hitler to have any sort of look-in!
Last edited by Scott on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Del dup posts

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Mein Kampf

Post by been-there » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:19 am

Here is an essay by the academic with the pseudonym T. Dalton giving a very concise overview of his recent translation of Mein Kampf.

— — — — —— — — — — — — — — — -
RETHINKING 'MEIN KAMPF'

by Dr. Thomas Dalton, Ph.D.,

...the mainstream approach to Mein Kampf seems be rather similar to its tactics with regard to Holocaust revisionism: ignore, censor, or disparage. It is simply too problematic to discuss this work in a fashion that might lead readers to ask tough questions, or to seek out the book itself.

A large part of the reason for the book’s obscurity is the sorry state of its many English translations. These will be discussed and critiqued below. This is also one of the reasons that I am currently working on a new, parallel German-English translation — the first ever, in fact. I will attempt to remedy many of the shortcomings in current versions, and provide something of a revisionist perspective on the entire work. In the present essay, I examine the translations, discuss some main themes of the book, and argue for its relevance in the present day.

A most consequential work
Mein Kampf is the autobiography and articulated worldview of one of the most consequential and visionary leaders in world history. It is also one of the most maligned and misrepresented texts of the 20th century. There have been so many obfuscations, deceptions, and outright falsehoods circulated about this work that one scarcely knows where to begin. Nonetheless, the time has come to set the story straight.

https://anoccasionalcomment.blogspot.co ... 01889.html
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous