Beautiful aspects of 1930's Germany currently ignored

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Lammers

Re: Beautiful aspects of 1930's Germany currently ignored

Post by Lammers »

Interesting thread, Been There. I just found this as it was a very old thread. Very intriguing interview and pictures, especially those of Hitler's nice home.

I very much agree, Hitler's Reich was very wonderful, perhaps the nicest the land ever has seen ever, during the 30s and early 40s, at least in my eyes. Misconceptions, exaggerations and blatant lies about the Holocaust/genocides often leads people to to the belief that it was an awful dictatorship and the worst era of German history. I find it to have been a time when the most people in Germany were united, and where the vast majority supported one leader and one idea. Say what you will about Hitler and the NSDAP, but that would never be imagined in todays world of 50%-50% in politics, with each opposing each other.

Lammers

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Beautiful aspects of pre-1930's Germany currently ignored

Post by been-there »

Colourised and speed corrected
“The Flying Train” depicts a ride on a suspended railway in Wuppertal, Germany in 1902. The footage is almost as impressive as the feat of engineering it captures.

According to the MoMA, the footage was shot on Biograph’s proprietary 68mm stock which offers stunning visual clarity and quality, especially compared to the more standard 35mm or 16mm stocks of the time.

The Wuppertaler Schwebebahn (Wuppertal Suspension Railway) is a suspension railway in Wuppertal, Germany.
Designed by Eugen Langen, it was built between 1897 and 1903 with the first track opening in 1901. The Schwebebahn is still in use today, moving some 25 million passengers annually as of 2008. It runs along a route of 13.3 kilometres (8.3 mi).

original film
https://twistedsifter.com/videos/german ... 23Sgdj1JjE

torus9

Re: Beautiful aspects of pre-1930's Germany currently ignored

Post by torus9 »

been-there wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:08 pm
“The Flying Train” depicts a ride on a suspended railway in Wuppertal, Germany in 1902. The footage is almost as impressive as the feat of engineering it captures.
1902! Just brilliant, environmentally friendly, and never stuck in traffic.