James Randi/skeptic community links to pedophilia

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
theblackrabbitofinlé

Re: James Randi/skeptic community links to pedophilia

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé »

I mentioned earlier on the thread:
theblackrabbitofinlé wrote:Something that is very damning to the claims of people still maintaining that Janner was completely innocent of the charges that he sexually molested children, is the fact that Sir Richard Henriques' report "An independent inquiry into allegations made against Lord Greville Janner" (published on Jan 19, 2016) reveals that in 1992 Janner lied to the Kirkwood Inquiry, which was launch[ed] following the conviction of care home manager Frank Beck in November 1991 for having abused over 100 children.

viewtopic.php?p=72748#p72748
Turns out that Janner was permitted to give his testimony in private to the Kirwood Inquiry, and it was during this private testimony that Janner lied about his relationship with Frank Beck:
At the conclusion of the Beck trial, the then Secretary of State for Health, William Waldegrave, announced the Kirkwood Inquiry into the abuse of children in Leicestershire children's homes. Greville Janner gave evidence to the Kirkwood Inquiry, but for reasons which are so far unexplained, he was permitted to do so in private. The report which was published in 1992 recorded that Janner had been a witness and published his written evidence. It did not, however, contain any reference to the testimony that he gave in private.

- Mr Emmerson, Senior Counsel to the Inquiry

Lord Janner Preliminary Hearing Transcript
Transcript covering the preliminary held on 9th March 2016 for the Lord Janner investigation. [p.14]
https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

theblackrabbitofinlé

Greville Janner posed as children's home carer to abuse boy, inquiry told
The Guardian
Rajeev Syal
Sunday 13 March 2016 16.20 GMT

Independent inquiry will also look at claims late peer abused people in the Houses of Parliament

Greville Janner has been accused of posing as a carer in a children’s home in order to abuse a boy and of assaulting another minor in a school, according to evidence submitted to a public inquiry.

The independent inquiry into child abuse, overseen by Justice Lowell Goddard, will also examine claims that at least two of the late peer’s alleged victims were abused in the Houses of Parliament.

The disclosures have emerged days after the first preliminary hearing of Goddard’s public investigations into institutional failures to protect children from abuse over many decades.

Lord Janner, a former Leicester MP, was charged with 22 sexual offences dating back to the 1960s, but died in December at the age of 87 before a trial of the facts could take place in a criminal courtroom.

In her inquiry, Goddard will be asked to decide whether or not the allegations are well founded, to discover any institutional failings, and to look at why so many children who complained of abuse were left within his reach for so long.

The Guardian understands that submissions to the inquiry include claims from more than 20 alleged victims from the mid-50s to the late 80s.

They include claims that in the mid 70s, Janner posed as a carer in a children’s home before abusing a male youth. He has also been accused of abusing a child at a junior school in Leicestershire.

Two victims claim they were taken to the Houses of Parliament before being assaulted, sources said.

Leicestershire police interviewed at least 30 people who claimed Janner groomed and assaulted them.

One alleged grooming victim, who gave a statement to detectives, told the Guardian he was forced to reject Janner’s advances in the Houses of Parliament in 1990 after being groomed over many months.

The alleged victim, who is now a successful businessman and has been awarded an MBE, said he had recently left university when he met Janner, then a noted MP and lawyer, at a party.

He was flattered that Janner took an interest in him. “We swam together – he would take me to a Holiday Inn to swim, just the two of us. We breakfasted, we talked politics. I thought we were friends – I did a summer internship for two weeks. I even visited his home with his wife, Myra, and attended the Leicester surgery. Sadly all this may have been his desire to groom me,” he said.

The alleged victim said Janner made his true intentions known in 1990 after taking him to see Margaret Thatcher at prime minister’s questions. The then MP, who was then 62, allegedly led him to a corridor in the Commons and grabbed him while pointing out gargoyles through a window.

“He grabbed me. I was shocked. But I was 24, had a boyfriend and had the confidence to say, ‘What do you think you are doing?’ But I felt as if I was being offered a door into the world of politics but it came at a price,” he said.

“I told the police about this incident because I thought it showed how Janner might have operated. He used his position as an MP to pressurise others into sex. If I had been a child, it would have been very difficult to say no,” he said.

Other alleged victims have also claimed that they were taken to swimming pools in London and Leicester.

Ben Emmerson QC, senior counsel for the inquiry, told the inquiry that police had received allegations of sexual abuse from 30 victims which related to events from 1955 to 1988.

“The allegations in summary are that Greville Janner exploited children and perpetrated a full range of sexual offences against them, including what would now be termed as rape,” he said.

“In relation to a number of complainants it was alleged that Janner abused his position as an MP by arranging children in whom he had a sexual interest to be brought to the Houses of Parliament.”

Before the inquiry began, the first allegations of abuse were known to have dated back to the late 60s.

The public bodies under scrutiny in the Janner inquiry include the Crown Prosecution Service, Leicestershire police, Leicestershire county council, a number of care homes, the Labour party and the Home Office.

All of those bodies as well as two legal firms representing Janner’s alleged victims have been given the status of “core participants” as part of the public hearing.

The family of Janner, who have consistently protested his innocence, did not apply for the same status, the inquiry was told.

The examination of claims linked to Janner is one of 13 investigations launched by the inquiry chaired by Goddard. Janner’s alleged victims would be invited to appear before the inquiry in September, Emmerson said.

Referring to the inquiry as a whole, Emmerson said: “The task is vast but critically important.”

He cited figures indicating that between April 2012 and March 2014 more than 50,000 children were identified as victims of sexual abuse, adding that there were suggestions the true number might be as high as 450,000.

In January, a report by retired high court judge Sir Richard Henriques said that three chances had been missed to charge Janner while he was alive. The judge found that in 1991 prosecutors made the wrong decision not to charge Janner after an “inadequate” police investigation.

In 2002 Leicestershire police failed to pass claims made by a second alleged victim to prosecutors, and in 2007 again a flawed decision was made not to charge the politician when a third man came forward.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 ... quiry-told
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.

theblackrabbitofinlé

theblackrabbitofinlé wrote:Something that is very damning to the claims of people still maintaining that Janner was completely innocent of the charges that he sexually molested children, is the fact that Sir Richard Henriques' report "An independent inquiry into allegations made against Lord Greville Janner" (published on Jan 19, 2016) reveals that in 1992 Janner lied to the Kirkwood Inquiry, which was launch[ed] following the conviction of care home manager Frank Beck in November 1991 for having abused over 100 children.

viewtopic.php?p=72748#p72748
Following are some extracts from articles which appeared earlier this month after documents from the Kirkwood Inquiry were obtained by the media following several Freedom of Information requests.

BBC wrote:'Discrediting' evidence

Both the transcript of this [Kirkwood] hearing and Lord Janner's written statement to the inquiry have been released to the BBC in redacted form.

The transcript reveals Lord Janner was examined about the period between 1976 and 1986, when Beck resigned from Leicestershire social services.

"Your contacts with Mr Beck would have been to what extent?" he was asked.

Lord Janner replied: "Nil", except on one occasion when he said Beck might have answered a phone call.

But this year's Henriques report concluded: "There was considerable evidence... that [Lord] Janner was a regular visitor to children's homes and that he had a number of dealings with Beck.

Janner also lied about taking the boy to attend a wedding with the rest of the Janner family:
BBC wrote:The Kirkwood documents detail the inquiry's attempts to examine an allegation against Lord Janner, dating back to the 1970s, that he sexually abused a boy from a care home whom he had "befriended".

The boy, as an adult in his 30s, reported the allegations to the police in 1991. They were then made public by Frank Beck at his trial that year. [Actually, Henriques detailed in his report that the police were first told of Janner abusing this boy by a woman who had been in the Beeches at the same time - BRoI]

These documents set out for the first time Lord Janner's detailed defence against the claims. [...]

He denied taking the boy to a friend's wedding in London.

But the Henriques report revealed that police uncovered film of the boy at the event.

Sir Kirkwood granted Janner permission to lie to the media about his testimony before the inquiry, and told him that he'd leave out the allegations about him in his final report.
BBC wrote:he 1992 documents released to the BBC also reveal that, following his questioning by the inquiry, Lord Janner asked chairman Andrew Kirkwood if he could tell the media waiting outside that he had not been asked about allegations of child abuse against him.

Andrew Kirkwood replied: "Of course, Mr Janner."

Lord Janner left the hearing and told a BBC camera crew: "I have the chairman's permission to tell you that there was questioning about the social services and their operation, and none whatever concerning the allegations made against me."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35961711
Mirror wrote:Janner told Kirkwood: “I would like to say to them [the Press] – because they have already been asking me – that the questions had nothing to do with the allegations made by Beck [victim’s name redacted] against me.

"May I have your permission to say that?”

The judge, who has since died, replied: “Of course, Mr Janner.” [...]

At the end of Janner’s evidence, Kirkwood told the former Leicester West MP he would not publish the abuse allegations in his final report.

Janner told him this was “much appreciated”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lo ... ef-7689805

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

The Janner family seems to consist entirely of depraved degenerates and paedophile supporters. They should all be deported. I'd like to see Janner's cellar and garden dug up to ensure the bodies of murdered gentile children have not been concealed beneath them.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Will The Jewish Lobby and The Holocaust Educational Trust apologise for Lord Janner’s child sex abuse?

BBC report: “Lord Janner misled an inquiry when asked about his contact with convicted child abuser Frank Beck.”

The evidence is overwhelming that at the time Lord Janner was the head of the British Jewish community he was also fiddling with young kids and orphans. “Police and prosecutors believe Lord Janner, a veteran Leicester MP, used his relationship with Beck to get access to children in the city's care home system,” the BBC writes.

Lord Janner was president from 1978 to 1984 of the Board of Deputies of British Jews (BOD), a body that claims to represent the British Jewish community. Lord Janner was a tireless and prominent advocate, both in Parliament and out, of the campaign to win reparations for victims of the Holocaust and to bring those responsible for Nazi atrocities to justice. He lobbied the Thatcher government for the War Crimes Act 1991 (prosecuting Nazis). Janner was the founder of The Holocaust Educational Trust. He was also a vice-president of the World Jewish Congress until 2009 and of the Jewish Leadership Council until 2015.

Is not time ripe for all these Jewish institutions to say a word in regard to the depraved conduct of their paedophile leader? Shouldn’t the BOD that claims to represent British Jewry publicly express its regrets over its association with its past leader? Shouldn’t The Holocaust Educational Trust disassociate itself from its founder now that it has been revealed that Lord Janner inflicted personal [trauma] on so many innocent British kids?

-- G. Atzmon, April 2016
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

theblackrabbitofinlé

Is not time ripe for all these Jewish institutions to say a word in regard to the depraved conduct of their paedophile leader? Shouldn’t the BOD that claims to represent British Jewry publicly express its regrets over its association with its past leader? Shouldn’t The Holocaust Educational Trust disassociate itself from its founder now that it has been revealed that Lord Janner inflicted personal [trauma] on so many innocent British kids?

-- G. Atzmon, April 2016
I've wondered for while why Janner's term as POTBOD ended when it did—1985. Did they get wind of his his activities?

When Janner died on December 19, 2015, the BOD said:
Following the passing of Greville Janner after a long illness, our thoughts and prayers go out to the whole Janner family.
In January 2016, Jonathan Arkush, the current POTBOD paid tribute to his predecessor at their monthly meeting:
Also during the meeting Mr Arkush took the time to pay tribute to Lord Janner, a former Board president, who died last month. He said: “When any past president dies, it is an occasion for us to reflect and consider all aspects of their life in retrospect, and Greville Janner was no exception.

“He was the first president I knew when I joined the Board, and he made deputies feel like we were close to events in Westminster and that we were important.

“He was instrumental in doing so much for our community and was really quite exceptional. I therefore thought it was absolutely appropriate that I should attend his funeral and that I should express condolences to his family on behalf of the Board.”

In reference to allegations of historic sex abuse made against the peer, he said: “I can say nothing about them as they have not been subject to judicial investigation. But if they turned out to be true, I would feel deep sadness.”

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/15241 ... han-arkush

As for the HET, I posted about them earlier on the thread.
Lord Janner has been
“suspended” from his role as Honorary Patron of the Holocaust Education Trust
Only suspended mind, and they didn't even do that until the DPP reversed her decision not to prosecuted Janner.

When the DPP originally announced back in April that there was sufficient evidence to charge Janner and that he should've been charged previously, the HET did nothing. They were evidently quite content to continue on with Janner as their "Honorary Patron" seeing that he wasn't to be prosecuted.
Following his death:
The Holocaust Educational Trust also paid tribute. Its chief executive, Karen Pollock, said: "In 1988 Greville Janner had the foresight to know we as a nation needed to know about and remember the Holocaust and so established the Holocaust Educational Trust. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35142675

Lord Sacks, former Chief Rabbi of GB [pictured with the Queen] "led prayers following the burial" of Janner at Willeseden Green Jewish Cemetery.
http://www.jewishnews.co.uk/lord-janner ... afternoon/

theblackrabbitofinlé

Greville the devil's name also popped up in the recently published Macur Review:

"An independent review of the Tribunal of Inquiry into the abuse of children in care in the former county council areas of Gwynedd and Clwyd in North Wales since 1974" conducted by Lady Justice Macur, March 17, 2016.

To be fair, Janner was only mentioned because of "rumours" circulating about him in 1992; he is not alleged to have been molesting kids in North Wales as well.
[Section] 8.28

In October 1992, Mr Andrew Loveridge confirmed to DSU [Detective Superintendent] Ackerley that he had “passed on a rumour" to a senior NWP [North Wales Police] police officer to the effect that [name redacted] had removed an obscene video tape in a case being prosecuted to prevent conviction, although he was aware that the matter had been investigated and proved to be untrue. However, Mr Loveridge denied that he had claimed to Mr John Cooke, representative of the National Association of Local Government Officers, that “three others in political life" were involved in child abuse. He was however aware of current rumours that [named redacted] Greville Janner and Lord Kenyon had been involved in child abuse outside North Wales, but knew of no evidence in support of this.

p. 214.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rsion_.pdf

theblackrabbitofinlé

So it begins....

A recent article from The Sunday Times, implying Janner's innocent and the victim of a witch-hunting type conspiracy thing.

It includes outright lies and countless omissions of facts revealed in Sir Richard Henriques' report [Jan 2016].
The case against Lord Janner seemed unshakeable. But
is he another victim of the VIP sex abuse witch-hunt?

James Gillespie
The Sunday Times
Published: 24 April 2016

Lawyers had almost 30 witnesses ready to go to court to speak in Janner’s defence

DESPITE the calm atmosphere of Leicester magistrates’ court in 1991, Frank Beck was a desperate man.

The 48-year-old children’s home manager was facing the possibility of life in prison on charges of grievous sexual abuse of youngsters in his care and was about to be sent to the crown court for trial.

But Beck had one last card to play.

As he was led from the court during the committal hearing, he shouted that he was being prosecuted to cover up child sex abuse by the local Labour MP, Greville Janner.

The claim sent shockwaves through the media, Westminster and — not least — the police, who had investigated Beck for three years. It has reverberated ever since.

A “trial of the facts” in a new case brought by Leicestershire police over allegations of 22 child sex offences against Janner was due to begin this month, but it was halted when the former MP, who was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, died aged 87 in December last year.

Instead, the case will now come under the scrutiny of the child sex abuse inquiry chaired by Justice Lowell Goddard, with public hearings due to begin in September. Unlike in a court case, the witnesses will not face cross-examination, although the inquiry can make “findings of fact” regarding the truth of allegations.

In contrast with the recent claims against Lord Bramall, Lord Brittan and the former MP Harvey Proctor as part of the Operation Midland inquiry, which was based on the word of just one witness, the case against Janner appears much stronger. There is no dispute that he knew his main accuser, nor that a considerable number of further alleged victims have come forward.

Alison Saunders, the director of public prosecutions, said last year when she announced that Janner would be prosecuted: “It is a matter of real regret that prosecutions weren’t brought by the police and CPS in the past.”

However, she added: “I have always said that . . . this was an extremely difficult and borderline case because of the strong arguments on both sides.”

Frank Beck, top right, was the first to raise the claim of abuse by Lord Janner, left with daughter Marion last year. Justice Lowell Goddard, below right, will lead the inquiry

Reporters from The Sunday Times have talked to people in and around the police inquiry — some speaking off the record; others prepared to be named — and uncovered some troubling questions about the evidence against Janner.

None of this is conclusive in terms of Janner’s guilt or innocence. Indeed, some may ask why it matters.

Of course it matters deeply to his friends and family, who fear that in the absence of any proper legal process the allegations will never be subject to proper scrutiny. But it also matters to anyone who is concerned that, in the desire to ensure victims of abuse are not dismissed in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal, the pendulum may have swung too far the other way.

Police have made no secret of their belief in Janner’s guilt. When Saunders announced last year that the prosecution of Janner could not go ahead because of his advanced Alzheimer’s (a decision that was later overturned), the Leicestershire police and crime commissioner, Sir Clive Loader, condemned the decision as “perverse”.

Roger Bannister, the Leicestershire assistant chief constable, said: “There is credible evidence that this man carried out some of the most serious sexual crimes imaginable over three decades against children who were highly vulnerable.”

But Nigel Cohen, Janner’s godson, said: “I have huge questions as to whether the police properly followed up and evaluated all the evidence, or whether they just wanted to prove a point.”

The Goddard inquiry has decided that, of its 13 separate investigations, all will focus on institutions except one, which is entitled simply “Lord Greville Janner”.

The late peer’s family are not taking part in the inquiry because they believe, friends say, that it is a “kangaroo court”.

The family will contest the civil action that has been launched against their father’s estate; had the “trial of the facts” taken place, it is understood they believe it would have cleared their father’s name.

Which places them very much in a minority: a great many people believe Janner guilty.

Ben Emmerson QC, counsel to the Goddard inquiry, made an unfortunate slip in his opening remarks when he referred to “Lord Janner and other individuals allegedly associated with him in his offending”, implying, unintentionally, that Janner was an abuser.

And therein lies the problem: suspicion has become guilt; allegations are seen as proof. When Beck made his first comment about Janner in court in 1991, no one was more surprised than the police. They had interviewed about 400 people, yet none of them had mentioned Janner.

“Not one. Nothing at all,” said Tony Butler, former deputy chief constable of Leicestershire police. “We had started investigating Beck in 1988, and it is a long time ago now, but as far as I can recall, it wasn’t until he said that in court that anyone mentioned Janner.”

Defence lawyers had almost 30 witnesses ready to go to court this month to speak in Janner’s defence, some of whom contradict key prosecution witnesses.

One prosecution claim was that a boy had been abused in the swimming pool of one of Janner’s friends, Victor Keats, a property tycoon. Keats denied it when asked by police, but he too has since died.

However, his son Michael Keats, 59, recalls a time when the alleged victim visited his home in Hampstead Garden Suburb in London — he was not alone with Janner, but accompanied by the MP’s family.

“I can remember this small kid [the alleged victim] . There would be a fourth kid [Janner had three children] hanging around, and they just treated him like the rest of the family,” Keats said.

The suggestion that Janner was alone with the child “couldn’t have happened”, Keats added.

The police placed weight on the fact that the witness could describe both Janner’s home and the friend’s swimming pool — but no one denies that the child was a friend of the family and had visited their home.

Janner, friends said, had a history of helping young people, and at the time Leicestershire social services ran an official “befriending” scheme in which people could mentor youngsters from children’s homes. Although Janner was not a formal member of that scheme, he had frequent conversations with the head of social services about his contact with the witness. “He was a rescuer,” said one friend.

“There is a presumption of guilt everywhere,” said Keats, who has been interviewed by the police twice. When he asked what evidence the detectives had — the raids on Janner’s home and office in the House of Lords found nothing — they told Keats the case was based on “weight of numbers”.

Legal experts say this attitude creates the danger of miscarriages of justice. As long ago as 1924, the lord chief justice, Gordon Hewart, warned of “the risk, the danger, the logical fallacy” of this approach. “It is so easy to derive from a series of unsatisfactory accusations, if there are enough of them, an accusation which at least appears satisfactory.”

Police are understood to have had 14 witnesses ready to go to court this month to testify against Janner. Only one witness made a statement at the time of Beck’s allegation. The rest have all emerged in subsequent years. Few, if any, of the alleged victims have been specific about dates when assaults are claimed to have happened.

One who has been specific said he was assaulted by Janner over a specified three-day period in 1987. However, a source close to the investigation said there was evidence the MP was abroad on the days in question.

Most of those who have made allegations spent time in children’s homes in Leicestershire. One who did not was the discredited witness known as “Nick”, who sparked Operation Midland and claimed Janner was a member of a Westminster VIP paedophile ring that held sex parties at the Dolphin Square apartment block and was responsible for three murders. Midland collapsed last month when police admitted there was no evidence for Nick’s lurid accounts.

Detectives from Leicestershire interviewed Manoj Jasani, 54, who was Janner’s personal assistant and driver for six years until 1994.

He told The Sunday Times: “The police asked: ‘Did you ever take him to Dolphin Square?’ No. He never went there. If he had gone, I would have been the one who took him.

“I told them there was not a shred of evidence against him. They said: ‘OK, that’s your view, but we have other witnesses who say different.’ ”

Maureen Gold, parliamentary secretary to Janner for 21 years, says she reacted with “absolute fury” when she heard the allegations.

She was interviewed by police on two occasions, once for three hours. “It was ridiculous . . . it appeared to be a witch-hunt. They were asking, did I know this one? Did I know that one? They were just fishing.”

Clearly, these are people who knew Janner and remain loyal to someone they describe as a “kind, honourable man”.

Liz Dux, a sex abuse lawyer from the firm Slater and Gordon who represents 16 of the alleged victims, said: “All my clients want to do is assist the Goddard inquiry in uncovering what happened and to air the evidence some of them have waited decades to give.

“They only consulted me when it seemed unlikely their evidence would be heard in a criminal court, as they were so incensed at being denied all hope of justice. They are not motivated by anything other than getting to the truth.”

Six of her clients are claiming damages against the Janner estate. More are expected to follow.

There appear to be inconsistencies in the way some of the allegations have emerged.

The witness who backed Beck’s account and accused Janner made no mention of the MP when he was interviewed by police in August 1990. It was six months later (after Beck’s outburst) that he added the MP’s name to his accusations. (Beck was sentenced in 1991 to five life terms. He died from a heart attack in prison in May 1994, aged 51.)

Another witness was interviewed three times by police before making a fourth statement in which he claimed he had discovered that Janner was his abuser.

At the time of Beck’s trial in 1991, a cellmate of his, Nick Newell, gave a statement in which he claimed that Beck admitted the story about Janner was false. This has been dismissed on the basis that the informant — who has since died — was a career criminal whose word could not be trusted.

No one has extended the same judgment to the character of the alleged victims — one of whom was jailed for two years after admitting child sex abuse and spent 10 years on the sex offenders’ register.

The numerous convictions of the claimants are understood to include fraud, sex offences, burglary, drugs, shoplifting and obtaining property by deception.

This does not make their claims invalid. Children who spend their formative years in care often lead dysfunctional lives marred by addiction, crime and jail sentences.

How will Goddard handle the question of witness character? “Matters relevant to the credibility of a witness, including any relevant previous convictions, are generally explored by counsel during the witness’s oral testimony,” an inquiry spokeswoman said.

Leicestershire police declined to comment. The Janner family also did not comment, but they have always maintained their father is innocent of all the allegations that have emerged since Beck shouted his accusation 25 years ago.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/new ... 63f29f6723
Thanks to The Sun Journalist Ben Lazarus for sharing this article on Twitter, with the comment:
Ben Lazarus, Twitter, April 24, 2016 wrote:Is Janner a victim of the VIP sex abuse witch-hunt? Good read in the ST.

Gillespie makes the same claim numerous times: i.e. that it was Frank Beck who first accused Janner of molesting a boy in his care [Paul Winston]:
The claim sent shockwaves through the media, Westminster and — not least — the police, who had investigated Beck for three years
Frank Beck, top right, was the first to raise the claim of abuse by Lord Janner,
When Beck made his first comment about Janner in court in 1991, no one was more surprised than the police. They had interviewed about 400 people, yet none of them had mentioned Janner.
“Not one. Nothing at all,” said Tony Butler, former deputy chief constable of Leicestershire police. “We had started investigating Beck in 1988, and it is a long time ago now, but as far as I can recall, it wasn’t until he said that in court that anyone mentioned Janner.”
...they have always maintained their father is innocent of all the allegations that have emerged since Beck shouted his accusation 25 years ago.
Tony Butler, the former deputy chief constable of Leicestershire police [who has a history defending Janner] is lying, and James Gillespie is either a piss-poor journalist, or he too is lying.

Leicestershire Police did not learn of Janner's abuse of Paul Winston when Beck shouted it out during his trial, nor from Paul Winston himself, but from a female victim of Beck [he usually preyed on boys and young men] over a year before Beck's trial even started.
2.2 The first information to reach the Leicestershire police potentially implicating Janner was on the 11th May 1990, when investigations were being made into grave sexual allegations made against one Frank Beck (Beck) and others involved in the management of Children’s Homes in Leicester. A female resident at Ratcliffe Road Children’s Home (Ratcliffe Road) made a statement complaining of rape by Beck and went on to speak of Beck calling Complainant 1 a whore. She stated that Complainant 1 used to write and visit the MP Greville Janner and that Complainant 1 wanted Janner to visit him but that Beck would not allow it and they would argue about it. Complainant 1 was telling Beck about having sex with Janner. [p.5]
Female Resident at Ratcliffe Road

2.21 On the 1st February 1991, a female resident at Ratcliffe Road made a further statement. She was taken into care aged 11 when her mother could not cope with her. In 1975 she was placed in Ratcliffe Road Children’s Home where Beck was in charge. Not long after Complainant 1’s arrival, she heard Beck shouting at Complainant 1 in Complainant 1’s bedroom, which was adjacent to hers. Complainant 1 was being told that he could not see Janner again. Beck referred to Janner as Complainant 1’s pimp. Complainant 1 was pleading with Beck to allow him to see Janner. In a subsequent discussion Complainant 1 confided in her that he had been “having sex with Greville Janner who was an MP.” She did not then know what MP meant. [p.9]
Beck make his accusation against Janner on October 30, 1991, long after the police had heard of the allegations from the woman. She testified against Beck on September 23, 1991, and again mentioned that she'd heard Beck and Winston arguing about Janner.

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/03/20/fr ... ens-homes/

I'll get back to examining the claims of this ST article later.

theblackrabbitofinlé

theblackrabbitofinlé wrote:Image

Sir Kirkwood granted Janner permission to lie to the media about his testimony before the inquiry, and told him that he'd leave out the allegations about him in his final report.
And here is Janner, lying to the BBC back in 1992 [from 1:40]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h7Xf0bzlns

That's a lovely Saab 900 Turbo he's standing next to. I used to have one of them.

theblackrabbitofinlé

Janner lawyer dismisses his accusers as ‘transparent liars’

Family’s representative submits staunch 9,000-word rebuttal of charges brought against late peer

Jewish News
June 7, 2016, 2:12 pm

Lord Janner’s family lawyer has been compelled to submit a 9,000-word rebuttal of charges brought against him before his death last year, blasting the claimants as “transparent” liars.

In a staunch defence sent to the Goddard Inquiry late last week, solicitor Michael Pether of BLM also took aim at Leicestershire Police for their role in the child sex abuse scandal to have engulfed the late peer.

Many alleged victims of Janner are bringing a civil claim against his estate, after criminal proceedings were ended following a ruling that, due to advanced dementia, he was unfit to stand trial.

The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse, led by New Zealand judge Dame Lowell Goddard, will look more widely at institutional failings, and asked Janner’s family to submit evidence that would “undermine” claims against him.

However, the family are concerned that any ruling on Janner as part of the Goddard Inquiry could prejudice the civil claims being made against him.

Of Janner’s family – comprising Senior Reform rabbi Laura, leading QC Daniel, and celebrated mental health campaigner Marion – Pether writes: “What they knew of their father’s professional and personal life totally contradicts the allegations. To them the allegations are an extraordinary abuse of an exceptional, compassionate, kind and unique person.”

Pether said the family were concerned that “very significant public figures” had rushed to “condemn their father in a forensically undisciplined fashion, without knowing the facts,” and that witnesses were “obviously problematic”.

A 9,000-word document, Pether says Leicestershire police were swept up in a “moral panic” and failed to consider “strong evidence” of collusion between complainants, who he accuses of telling “transparent” lies.

“The uninhibited language used in encouraging ‘victims’ to tell their stories has swung the pendulum too far, and the climate of opinion has been too accepting in treating different cases as similar,” he said.

The lawyer acting for the claimants reacted angrily to Pether’s assertion that alleged victims were lying about their abuse as children in order to win money.

“To suggest that Janner’s alleged victims are driven by compensation is a wilful misrepresentation of the situation,” said Liz Dux of Slater and Gordon, speaking to The Sunday Times.

“They are driven by the pursuit of justice and truth. None of my clients even thought about a civil action until a decision was made not to prosecute him. When he died the civil jurisdiction provided the only opportunity they had to prove their very serious claims.”

Janner’s family, who are not giving interviews, have steadfastly maintained that their father was innocent of all charges.

The former Labour MP, investigated for child sex abuse four times, was first accused in 1991. In 2015, police said Janner should be prosecuted on 22 counts of indecent assaults and buggery, against nine persons between 1969 and 1988, but the Crown Prosecution Service ruled him unfit to stand trial.

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/jan ... ent-liars/