Quote for the day:

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
torus9

Re: Quote for the day:

Post by torus9 »

"Any serious student of cessation and Nibbana understands that extinction in such context refers to the end of ignorance and the release from unsatisfactoriness, which end may or may not be at odds with the species blinking out of existence."
-The Night Sky Sangha Guy

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

torus9

Post by torus9 »

''I flew an entire block,'' Mr. Wiesel recalled. ''I was hit at 45th Street and Broadway, and the ambulance picked me up at 44th. It sounds crazy. But I was totally messed up."

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/05/gard ... gnity.html

The standard block in Manhattan is about 264 by 900 feet (80 m × 274 m).

Liar man, liar man
Does whatever a liar can
Is he light?
Listen bud
He's got helium for blood
Hey there
There goes the liar man...

torus9

Post by torus9 »

"Ask yourself this as well: Suppose there is no "Supreme Soul" at all. Suppose, in other words, that the evolved brain - not some "higher power" - is the original source of consciousness, so that religions and their spiritual goals are, like the rest of human culture, a projection of desires, aversions, and basic animal drives. In that case, what would I require to be "liberated" or free in this very moment? The question goes right to the crux of the matter, it seems to me, for if there is no Supreme Soul (I am not saying there isn't- I am saying I don't know anything about that and you don't either), postponing "liberation" until you complete the "path" to it, would mean denying yourself the only freedom that human beings CAN enjoy - self-expression in this very moment. That freedom, which is not theoretical but actual, requires no guru, no scripture, no authority, no gods - none of that - but only seeing that in each moment, "myself" is what it is, including thoughts, "unwanted" or not, and cannot be any different."
The Ten Thousand Things, Robert Saltzman

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

torus9 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:15 am
I am saying I don't know anything about that and you don't either)
It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.

𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Obedient, compliant, gullible, conformist, 'good', 'compassionate', 'caring', 'non-racist' people can see the Shoah-Emperor's, Jewish 'holocaust' new clothes. They can 'see' them because they've been taught that all good, decent people can 'see' them.

They have also been taught since childhood that if you can not see the Shoah-Emperor's Jewish 'holocaust' clothes, that means you are a wicked, dangerous, anti-Semitic, neo Nazi who deserves to have their life wrecked.

torus9

Post by torus9 »

"You might have the sneaking suspicion that the human condition (as in a species evolved on a water logged sphere breathing invisible gases on average 21,600 times per day) isn't doing such a great job of cultivating sustainability or cooperation. No indeed, we are so primitive when it comes to partying that for some strange reason we find time for arguments and organized pageants of homicidal self-inflicted violence than we do for dancing in the streets.

If you explored the sheer wonderment surrounding what kind of lottery odds there would have to be for all 7+ billion of we bacterially infested symbiont's to be here at the same time in the same biosphere some 14 billion years into God's manifestation bender - your jaw would drop and you'd be beside yourself in love with every creature present and accounted for. But that natural ecstacy isn't getting any play, no momentum, not in the news."
- Night Sky Sangha Guy

torus9

Post by torus9 »

Sprite lightning over Texas

torus9

Post by torus9 »

Do I read a veiled threat, Barry? BLM and Antifa are into destruction. Something you might call, "fuckin' shit up", just sayin'. Is not voting conducive to anaerobic states? You gotta love his insipid appeal to 4th grade level enthusiasm regarding "climate change." Besides, the wicked witch of the west, Pelosi, has said that "mother earth is angry!" Now go to your room.

torus9

Post by torus9 »

torus9

Post by torus9 »

"Virtue has a veil, vice has a mask."
Victor Hugo