Requests or Complaints Requiring Moderation (OLD)

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Statistical Mechanic

Re: Requests or Complaints Requiring Moderation

Post by Statistical Mechanic »

Thanks, I will try what you say if/when it happens again. It's a minor annoyance and not worth screwing up security settings to keep out bots, IMHO.
"the Germans had ample justifiable cause to oppose a minority within their society who worked AGAINST their county's interests" -- been-there, 24 April 2014

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

rollo the ganger wrote:Thank you CT but I really didn't want to be logged on automatically with each visit. Sometimes I like to peruse the site without actually logging on.
Delete your cookies after posting and you can return to the forum anonymously.

:)
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Roberto Luc

Post by Roberto Luc »

Scott wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Duke Umeroffen wrote:
I would have drawn him a picture too.
LOL, the advice doesn't help, as I am logged in that way and am still getting kicked out until I type in (d), from time to time that is.
That's really weird. Just out of curiosity, if it challenges you unexpectedly, see if it still "solves" the riddle when you type in (c). If that makes no difference, then try any other letter besides C or D (case style won't matter). I'm wondering if in these post-registration cases whether a correct answer really * does * matter. If so, I am trying to figure out if anything is related to the present Spambot resistance configuration, or if there is a different issue here entirely.

As I said, I'm not really experiencing this problem--at least not with the handful of computers that I normally use--but a few weeks ago it wasn't allowing me to stay logged in as Administrator, and * that * was rather annoying.

So also annoying were the hordes of phony Spambots registering from Ukraine--but oddly enough, they only rarely actually posted their commercial Spam. We were getting a lot of silent readers from Ukraine all of a sudden (LOL).

The same trouble mentioned before has occurred two more times, yesterday and today. The problem isn't the browsers, I've used more than one (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer) and have experienced the same problem for connecting.

I suspect it's something related to the anti-spam question and the answer, maybe some conflict by having uppercase and lowercase letters.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Roberto Luc wrote:
Scott wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Duke Umeroffen wrote:
I would have drawn him a picture too.
LOL, the advice doesn't help, as I am logged in that way and am still getting kicked out until I type in (d), from time to time that is.
That's really weird. Just out of curiosity, if it challenges you unexpectedly, see if it still "solves" the riddle when you type in (c). If that makes no difference, then try any other letter besides C or D (case style won't matter). I'm wondering if in these post-registration cases whether a correct answer really * does * matter. If so, I am trying to figure out if anything is related to the present Spambot resistance configuration, or if there is a different issue here entirely.

As I said, I'm not really experiencing this problem--at least not with the handful of computers that I normally use--but a few weeks ago it wasn't allowing me to stay logged in as Administrator, and * that * was rather annoying.

So also annoying were the hordes of phony Spambots registering from Ukraine--but oddly enough, they only rarely actually posted their commercial Spam. We were getting a lot of silent readers from Ukraine all of a sudden (LOL).

The same trouble mentioned before has occurred two more times, yesterday and today. The problem isn't the browsers, I've used more than one (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer) and have experienced the same problem for connecting.

I suspect it's something related to the anti-spam question and the answer, maybe some conflict by having uppercase and lowercase letters.
The answers are not set for strict case and whitespace perfection between words in answers, so at its simplest, you can just have either C or D in either upper or lower case and it should still accept the two correct answers. It will also work if you have either Belsen or Birkenau in your answer, with or without capitals.

Just now I reset the features so that the board will not enable the anti-Spambot feature for Guest posters. I don't think any of them were trying to post commercial Spam that way so this should eliminate that glitch. As configured right now, the anti-Spam Q & A only challenges when someone is registering an account for the board for the first time for some reason. That should take care of all the Spambots, I think, without causing other problems.

Let me know how it works. Thanks!

:D

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

Blogbuster

Post by Blogbuster »

Scott or DC,
Can we have Duke Umeroffens trolling of posts in the lounge removed, and confined to SE where it belongs.

Its getting to be difficult to have a decent thread here anymore. The rules of engagement that or that trolling and offhand posts go into SE, the other forums are to be respected...
Blogbuster

Get the facts about the strange phenomenon of Holocaust hate blogging!
http://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=667

http://hateblogwatch.nazihunter.net/forum

Depth Check
Site Moderator

Post by Depth Check »

BB, whilst I agree that the forum would benefit from having some high calibre historians joining the debate, I have decided to move the thread in question to Siberian Exile. We’ve had a few peaceful months here recently and I don’t want to risk a flame war breaking out in the Lounge.

Hopefully having their limitations pointed out to them by a fellow Believer will spur our current team of exterminationists to raise the level of their game.

Bernard

Post by Bernard »

DC, name one "Believer" or "exterminationist" on this forum who remotely accepts that BB is a fellow "Believer" or "Exterminationist?"

We all, to a man (or woman), believe that BB is a neo Nazi wannabe snitch who has planted himself here to piss on "Believers."

If you can find one other who accepts BB as a "believer," you can rest assured that BB has a sock-puppet on the forum.

Statistical Mechanic

I see we have someone called Depth Check who thinks he's a comedian working the room. Trouble is: comedy is supposed to be funny.
"the Germans had ample justifiable cause to oppose a minority within their society who worked AGAINST their county's interests" -- been-there, 24 April 2014

Statistical Mechanic

Look, the moderator is joining the troll in trolling - and you have a problem with my commenting on that? Give us a break.

Statistical Mechanic

Depth Check wrote:Hopefully having their limitations pointed out to them by a fellow Believer will spur our current team of exterminationists to raise the level of their game.
To be clear, this kind of trolling belongs in SE, not here.