The US of A and its own holocaust crimes around the world

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
rollo the ganger

Re: The US of A and its own holocaust crimes around the world

Post by rollo the ganger » Sun May 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Been There wrote:Thanks for the info on the actual etymology of 'picnic'. I trust and accept (without checking) your correction.
This myth is decades old and for decades it has been debunked. "Pick a Nigger" is not the origin of the work "Picnic".
Been There wrote:That doesn't detract from the fact that even as late as the 1950's Americans were still taking their families — including their young children — to organised lynchings of Afro-Americans, as a family outing. As the photos provided show.
People did not go to SEE a lynching. They went to see a lynched person. Big difference. I'll let you figure it out.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Mon May 29, 2017 1:15 am

Scott wrote:For example, I don't think the My Lai Massacre involved sexual assaults, at least not from American troops. I think you are conflating concepts and investigations here. You are welcome to post evidence if you think otherwise.
407 were murdered at My Lai 4, and 97 were murdered at My Khe 4, for a total of 504 Vietnamese civilians. It also must be noted, that there were twenty rapes committed, not to include attempted rapes. I have chosen not to go into detail about how those executions were committed, or the torture and extreme suffering that was committed by American soldiers under Pentagon command. This butcher shop mentality would be extremely difficult to read and comprehend by most people. I will say this, and it is a quote from Larry Colburn, who was a door gunner on Hugh Thompson’s helicopter that landed on the ground during the massacre, and attempted to stop the killing. These are Larry Colburn’s words: “The only thing the U.S. soldiers did not do was cook them and eat them.”
http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/21/ ... ars-later/
been-there wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:58 pm
Today is the anniversary of mass murder and rape by an occupying army.
You can be forgiven for not knowing this.
As it won't get anything like the same sort of hype and mass-media treatment that is reserved for the 'Jewish' WW2 narrative'. Even though it is much more recent, and more relevant to current war crimes. More relevant because the guilty army has been unpunished and has continued to participate and support atrocities in recent times (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, Gaza, etc.)
Some war crimes are apparently more worthy of mass-media hyperbole than others.
Some mass-murders don't serve any useful purpose in terms of trans-Atlantic neo-colonialist, or zionist political education of the TV watching masses.

No-one ever was punished then, at the time of the massacre being exposed.
And no-one (yet) who was involved has been or will be paraded before the cameras in their old age in shame, show-trials to impress upon us the 'consumers' of western propaganda that we should “never forget”.
Nor are we instructed to repeat the bogus and hypocritical, feel-good mantra of “never again”?
A junior officer (Calley) was chosen as a scapegoat (which doesn’t make him any less culpable) and found guilty but later given a Presidential pardon by Richard Nixon. The Peers investigation report was even told not to refer to it as a massacre and described it as an ‘incident’. Ultimately no one was held responsible.
Notice how the self-deluded folks who are the regular H-defenders here, haven't mentioned this well-documented racist mass-murder and rape. Could this be demonstrating they aren't really interested in preserving historical truth of racist war-crimes, nor in memorialising such racist warcrimes?
March 16th 2017 marks the 49th anniversary of the My Lai Massacre that occurred in Vietnam. To say that it was a sad day in the history of our country is a gross understatement. Our United States military systematically slaughtered approx. 300 Vietnamese women, children, infants and old men in the tiny village of My Lai.

Our country’s attention span is short; and revisiting old wounds, as we all know, can be painful. The result is that this event has been relegated to the “dust bin” of history...

To some extent, the youthful soldiers with limited life experiences were duped into believing the people they were killing were some kind of sub species and with that mindset, accompanied by direct orders from their superiors, it allowed them to drop their moral compass and carry out this terrible atrocity.
http://www.readingthepictures.org/2013/ ... ain-sight/
In their historical overview of the massacre, James Olson and Randy Roberts compile information about sexual violence from the Peers Inquiry to produce a list of 20 acts of rape based on eyewitness testimony. The victims documented on this list ranged from age 10-45. Of these women and girls, nine were under the age of eighteen. Many of these assaults were gang rapes and many involved sexual torture. This list does not even include attempted rapes, such as the assault of the girl in the black blouse, and given that most witnesses were killed during the massacre, we may only guess at how many other women and girls experienced sexual violence in the final minutes before their deaths.
Maybe Hans would like to contest this evidence of rape?
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Mon May 29, 2017 9:29 am

rollo the ganger wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 5:50 pm
Been There wrote:That doesn't detract from the fact that even as late as the 1950's Americans were still taking their families — including their young children — to organised lynchings of Afro-Americans, as a family outing. As the photos provided show.
People did not go to SEE a lynching. They went to see a lynched person. Big difference. I'll let you figure it out.
See newspaper article below, from June 26th, 1919. It states:
“Thousands of people are flocking into Ellisville to attend...”

Were they “flocking” to see a lynching SCHEDULED for five o'clock? Or were they flocking to attend AFTERWARDS when it was over just to see what had ALREADY HAPPENED?

I myself think they were attending to SEE IT OCCUR.

But feel free to think otherwise if it sails your boat...

... historian Leon F. Litwack writes that between 1882 and 1968, at least 4,742 African Americans were murdered [by mob lynching].

There were two kinds of lynchings. At the "orderly" ones, local bankers and lawyers attended to keep the bloodlust in check. What that meant is merely that the victim was hanged without torture. At the wilder scenes, the crowd egged itself on into a frenzy beyond imagining. Before Sam Hose was doused with oil and set afire, he had his ears and fingers cut off and the skin stripped from his face. Jesse Washington, a retarded farm worker convicted of killing a white woman, was hung by a chain over a bonfire and repeatedly dipped into the flames.

At their worst, lynchings were episodes of sunlit municipal sadism. Newspapers announced the time and place in advance. Excursion trains were organized to move crowds to the scene. It was the Vicksburg Evening News that reported how Luther Holbert and his wife were burned to death by a crowd in Doddsville, Miss., in 1904. The couple were tortured with corkscrews that pulled out hunks of flesh. Their fingers were cut off, one by one, and distributed among the crowd as souvenirs. Mutilated flesh was racism's ultimate trophy.

By the time lynching exploded, photography had become a well-organized profession and a mass-market plaything. Even the Nazis did not stoop to selling souvenirs of Auschwitz, but lynching scenes became a burgeoning subdepartment of the postcard industry. By 1908, the trade had grown so large that the U.S. Postmaster General banned the cards from the mails. As bad as the pictures of the victims are, those of the faces of the crowd are worse. They stare back at you with the expressions of carnal complicity that you see in faces at the foot of the Cross in Renaissance Crucifixion scenes. You hear their voices in the inscriptions that appear on the backs of some of the postcards--words more unnerving, in their sleepy innocence, than curses: "This is the Barbecue we had last night my picture is to the left with a cross over it your son Joe." Without Sanctuary is a great and terrible book. It's an album of peacetime atrocities, during which hundreds of [cameras] clicked.
Here's how the Vicksburg Evening Post, described the 1904 lynching of Luther Holbert and his wife, accused of killing Holbert's employer:
"When the two Negroes were captured, they were tied to trees and while the funeral pyres were being prepared, they were forced to suffer the most fiendish tortures. The blacks were forced to hold out their hands while one finger at a time was chopped off. The fingers were distributed as souvenirs. The ears of the murderers were cut off. Holbert was beaten severely, his skull was fractured and one of his eyes, knocked out with a stick, hung by a shred from the socket....
"The most excruciating form of punishment consisted in the use of a large corkscrew in the hands of some of the mob. This instrument was bored into the flesh of the man and woman, in the arms, legs and body, and then pulled out, the spirals tearing out big pieces of raw, quivering flesh every time it was withdrawn."
The mob then burned them to death, forcing the Holberts’ son to watch:
He was nearly crazed with fear, and when he saw the flames consuming his tortured parents, and heard their frightful screams, and prayers for mercy, he threw himself face downward on the ground, closing his eyes, and putting his fingers in his ears, to shut the fearful scene out from sight and hearing. After the couple were dead and only partly consumed, the mob left them and the boy took the blackened corpses of his parents, and laid them side by side in the brush, covering them over as best he could.
-- Anonymous

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Mon May 29, 2017 5:24 pm

been-there wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 1:15 am
Scott wrote:For example, I don't think the My Lai Massacre involved sexual assaults, at least not from American troops. I think you are conflating concepts and investigations here. You are welcome to post evidence if you think otherwise.
407 were murdered at My Lai 4, and 97 were murdered at My Khe 4, for a total of 504 Vietnamese civilians. It also must be noted, that there were twenty rapes committed, not to include attempted rapes. I have chosen not to go into detail about how those executions were committed, or the torture and extreme suffering that was committed by American soldiers under Pentagon command. This butcher shop mentality would be extremely difficult to read and comprehend by most people. I will say this, and it is a quote from Larry Colburn, who was a door gunner on Hugh Thompson’s helicopter that landed on the ground during the massacre, and attempted to stop the killing. These are Larry Colburn’s words: “The only thing the U.S. soldiers did not do was cook them and eat them.”

http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/21/my-lai-massacre-49-years-later/
[...]

Thanks, Been-There for posting some sources for these rape allegations. Here are my comments.

Mostly we have accusations and not sober conclusions about what happened at My Lai.

So every Vietnamese peasant woman has a My Lai story of rape and cannibalism, and no doubt with a SE Asian "Muriel" or "Eva" reporting about how "Moshe" was made into a lampshade, and maybe they will go onto the Donahue TV program or some other analogue to tell us that these stories are true because of " ... that smell. He [i.e., Professor of History--Michael Shermer, who reluctantly denied the Human Soap allegations on the same 1994 Donahue show] was not there."

Do you see where I am going with this? If American troops were willing to execute Viet Cong -Namese peasants in cold blood when they got their orders (or got their orders crossed), why not rape them too? Heck, why not cook them for their stew, and turn them into Human Lampshades and keepsakes to send home?

Well, digging deeper into the source material cited, I see there is some stuff by William T. Allison, Professor of History and Department Chair at Georgia Southern University:

In looking at the stuff on the website, it appears that Prof. Allison teaches Military History and maybe with an emphasis in International Law. I am wondering if he is one of those military historian academics who have more experience documenting punk rock concerts than actually having been in the military, but I am just being a little bit cheeky here; he has taught at the Air Force and Army War College, and so forth, so he must be pretty highly regarded in those circles.

Here is a list of Prof. Allison's publications from the above website:

My Lai: An American Atrocity in the Vietnam War. (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2012).

The Gulf War, 1990-1991. (New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2012).

Dreams, Myths, and Reality: Utah and the American West. Ed. with Susan J. Matt (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2008).

The Tet Offensive: A Brief History with Documents. (New York: Routledge, 2008).

Military Justice in Vietnam: The Rule of Law in an American War. (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2007).

American Military History: A Survey from Colonial Times to the Present. Co-author with Jeffrey Grey and Janet Valentine (Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2007; Second Edition 2013).

To Protect and To Serve: A History of Police in America. Co-author with Robert C. Wadman (Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2004).

Witness to Revolution: The Russian Revolution Diary & Letters of J. Butler Wright. (Westport, Connecticut: Praeger Publishers, 2002).

American Diplomats in Russia: Case Studies in Orphan Diplomacy, 1916-1919. (Westport, Connecticut: Praeger Publishers, 1997).

And here is some other biographical information about Dr. Allison from Amazon:

Bill Allison is Professor of Military History at Georgia Southern University, joining the faculty there in 2008 and serving as Chair of the Department of History from 2008 to 2010. He earned his Ph.D. in history at Bowling Green State University in 1995, then taught at the University of Saint Francis before joining the History Department at Weber State University from 1999-2008. During the 2002-2003 academic year, he was Visiting Professor in the Department Strategy and International Security at the USAF Air War College and he was Visiting Professor of Military History at the USAF School for Advanced Air and Space Studies from 2010-2011. He is currently the General Harold K. Johnson Visiting Chair in Military History at the US Army War College. He is author of The Gulf War (Palgrave Macmillan, 2012), My Lai: An American Atrocity in the Vietnam War (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2012), Military Justice in Vietnam: The Rule of Law in an American War (University Press of Kansas, 2007), The Tet Offensive (Routledge, 2008), among other works. He has presented papers and lectured at numerous conferences and universities, including Oxford, Cambridge, and the Australian Defence Force Academy. He is active in the Society for Military History and has served on the editorial board of the Journal of Military History. He has also served as a member of the Department of the Army Historical Advisory Committee. A native of Texas, he lives in Spartanburg, South Carolina, with his wife Jennifer and black lab Moose.

I have a mild interest in the subject since all of my ancestors were of Western pioneer stock, and my late Grandmother graduated from Weber State (Ogden, Utah), where Prof. Allison was on faculty and apparently edited the Critchlow Lecture series on Utah settlement, and (I'm guessing) this is generously influenced by the Leftist and somewhat pozzed so-called New Western History. I see references to polygamy and dearth of nuclear families or settlements in Idaho or something like that, and I am rather suspicious. These days, with the Army Historical Advisory fawning to incorporate civilian gurus that would make the Frankfurt School and Jewish Gender Feminists happy, I can only say that the military personnel infrastructure needs a big purge of more than transsexuals and twinks like Bradley Manning. Perhaps I am just being paranoid, but it is hard not to see the globalization agenda and Marxist decolonization narrative with the implicit deconstructionist of White identity everywhere infused with modern academia. How can one go wrong with an Intersex dog named Bear or Beaver or whatever?

Anyway, specifically to the issue at hand, my Library does not have a copy of Prof. Allison's My Lai book to see what he cites for source information on the rape allegations. Unfortunately I can't do Inter-Library Loan right now over the Summer for various reasons. It is published at John's Hopkins, which has an especially cucked school of International Relations.

However, I think I can order the one about International/Military Law in Vietnam, and that might be worth checking out. I suspect we are going to get something along the lines of American Military Tribunal (Nuremberg) Justice Telford Taylor's treatise lamenting how "international justice established at Nuremberg" failed us in Vietnam. Funny how it always does when fighting Communists--or when not busy defending Israel.

Still petty skeptical about the Americal Division/ My Lai rape claims. But thanks again.

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Tue May 30, 2017 1:41 am

Scott wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 5:24 pm
Thanks, Been-There for posting some sources for these rape allegations. Here are my comments.

Mostly we have accusations and not sober conclusions about what happened at My Lai.

So every Vietnamese peasant woman has a My Lai story of rape and cannibalism,... [snip]...

Do you see where I am going with this? If American troops were willing to execute Viet Cong -Namese peasants in cold blood when they got their orders (or got their orders crossed), why not rape them too. Heck, why not cook them for their stew, and turn them into Human Lampshades and keepsakes to send home?

...I have a mild interest in the subject since all of my ancestors were of Western pioneer stock, any my late Grandmother graduated from Weber State (Ogden, Utah), where Prof. Allison was on faculty and apparently edited the Critchlow Lecture series on Utah settlement, and (I'm guessing) this is generously influenced by the Leftist and somewhat pozzed so-called New Western History. I see references to polygamy and dearth of nuclear families or settlements in Idaho or something like that, and I am rather suspicious. These days, with the Army Historical Advisory fawning to incorporate civilian gurus that would make the Frankfurt School and Jewish Gender Feminists happy, I can only say that the military personnel infrastructure needs a big purge of more than transsexuals and twinks like Bradley Manning. Perhaps I am just being paranoid, but it is hard not to see the globalization agenda and Marxist decolonization narrative with the implicit deconstructionist of White identity everywhere infused with modern academia. How can one go wrong with an Intersex dog named Bear or Beaver or whatever?

Anyway, specifically to the issue at hand, my Library does not have a copy of Prof. Allison's My Lai book to see what he cites for source information on the rape allegations. Unfortunately I can't do Inter-Library Loan right now over the Summer for various reasons. It is published at John's Hopkins, which has an especially cucked school of International Relations.

However, I think I can order the one about Intentional/Military Law in Vietnam, and that might be worth checking out. I suspect we are going to get something along the lines of American Military Tribunal (Nuremberg) justice Telford Taylor's treatise lamenting how "international justice" established at Nuremberg failed us in Vietnam. Funny how it always does when fighting Communists--or when not busy defending Israel.

Still petty skeptical about the Americal Division/ My Lai rape claims. But thanks again.

:)
The difference here is that in the 80's survivors and perpetrators were interviewed on film. I saw such a documentary. They had the photographers and crew who landed the helicopter and stopped the massacre return with them to Vietnam and meet some of the survivors. The film-makers appeared to be trying to get film of Vietnamese and Americans together in solidarity and forgiveness. I remember one old women who refused to go along with that and recounting how she could never forget nor forgive America and Americans for wiping out her family even if a few tried to stop it.
She told how she would never forget nor forgive one particular incident in that massacre of how one GI even raped a baby and he cut its vagina with his bayonet so he could fit in. The way she related it, it was hard to believe she was inventing such a gross and perverted brutality. Why would she need to? One of the perpetrators himself admitted they did every kind of bestial and brutal act short of cooking and eating them. (Previously quoted) How do you explain that admittance?
And My Lai was not a unique occurrence. Only the photographing, and reporting of it was.
Gang rapes, quite apart from the rapes reported at My Lai, also “were a horrifyingly common occurrence,” Turse continued. One army report detailed the allegations of a Vietnamese woman who said she was detained by troops from the 173rd Airborne brigade and then raped by 10 soldiers. In another incident, 11 members of the 23rd Infantry division raped a Vietnamese girl, and in another incident, an Americal GI recalled seeing a Vietnamese woman hardly able to walk after being gang-raped by 13 soldiers. These assaults were anything but isolated. One 198th Light Infantry brigade testified he knew of 10 to 15 incidents within a 7-month span in which soldiers from his unit raped young girls. Another GI told of his buddies raping women every couple of days.
http://warisacrime.org/content/many-us- ... er-charges
-- Anonymous

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 am

I think it is conflation of atrocity stories. I am not saying that nobody was massacred at My Lai--and there were plenty of rapes during the war, I am sure. Also, the Viet Cong weren't just racial comrades but Stalinist zealots who enforced brutal control themselves, though maybe not much so worse than the ARVN.

Obviously, the story about the bayoneted Vietnamese babies sounds as much like the Belgian babies impaled by the Huns according to Allied World War I Greuelpropaganda. And yeah, we've heard this one before.

But throw in the bayonet vagina meme, and frankly it sounds like low-IQ Negroes raping children. This is why lynching was invented, and basically it worked. So now if we are talking about the other topic in this thread, and if we are talking about REAL crimes, not just atrocity stories, let's put these crimes into perspective here.

Obviously vigilante justice is a sign of a deficient legal system or a dysfunctional social compact, but considering high levels of violent street crime--and with a possible modern deficiency of swift street justice--then we have been forced to compensate for this by maintaining high incarceration rates to keep crime rates under control enough not to impede or spook consumer shoppers. Lynching does not look civilized but Thomas Hobbes was right in that the first duty of the sovereign state is to provide collective security, and in return citizens owe allegiance to their sovereign authority; all other rights stem from this fundamental social compact.

With respect to analysis of violent crime, when controlling for proportional demographic representation, most of the crime is Black-on-Black, much of it Black-on-White, and rarely, White-on-Black. We have never resolved the Negro Question but there is no war on Negroes in the USA. They are lucky to be our misfortune. I doubt if chimping out is permitted in Red China.

Apparently we have been so unwilling to correct systemic social problems like the proverbial elephant in the room that we can't even imagine how civilized life would be like without the multicultural nightmare that drowns true merit into the fetid swamp of Democracy and plutocratic privilege. The last thing that the ruling elite want is a non-alienated "populist" society composed of citizens with healthy racial and cultural identity that might be able to rationally gauge truth from Orwellian nonsense and act successfully in the commonweal.

I have my opinions, and I certainly don't have all the answers, but let's not put the gas away just yet.

;)
Pedo-Rapist Murderer Paul W. Turner: "Muh Dick Dint Fit"

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
historian – England

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Tue May 30, 2017 9:02 am

been-there wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 9:29 am
rollo the ganger wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 5:50 pm
See newspaper article below, from June 26th, 1919. It states:
“Thousands of people are flocking into Ellisville to attend...”

Were they “flocking” to see a lynching SCHEDULED for five o'clock? Or were they flocking to attend AFTERWARDS when it was over just to see what had ALREADY HAPPENED?

I myself think they were attending to SEE IT OCCUR.

But feel free to think otherwise if it sails your boat...

... historian Leon F. Litwack writes that between 1882 and 1968, at least 4,742 African Americans were murdered [by mob lynching].

There were two kinds of lynchings. At the "orderly" ones, local bankers and lawyers attended to keep the bloodlust in check. What that meant is merely that the victim was hanged without torture. At the wilder scenes, the crowd egged itself on into a frenzy beyond imagining. Before Sam Hose was doused with oil and set afire, he had his ears and fingers cut off and the skin stripped from his face. Jesse Washington, a retarded farm worker convicted of killing a white woman, was hung by a chain over a bonfire and repeatedly dipped into the flames.

At their worst, lynchings were episodes of sunlit municipal sadism. Newspapers announced the time and place in advance. Excursion trains were organized to move crowds to the scene. It was the Vicksburg Evening News that reported how Luther Holbert and his wife were burned to death by a crowd in Doddsville, Miss., in 1904. The couple were tortured with corkscrews that pulled out hunks of flesh. Their fingers were cut off, one by one, and distributed among the crowd as souvenirs. Mutilated flesh was racism's ultimate trophy.

By the time lynching exploded, photography had become a well-organized profession and a mass-market plaything. Even the Nazis did not stoop to selling souvenirs of Auschwitz, but lynching scenes became a burgeoning subdepartment of the postcard industry. By 1908, the trade had grown so large that the U.S. Postmaster General banned the cards from the mails. As bad as the pictures of the victims are, those of the faces of the crowd are worse. They stare back at you with the expressions of carnal complicity that you see in faces at the foot of the Cross in Renaissance Crucifixion scenes. You hear their voices in the inscriptions that appear on the backs of some of the postcards--words more unnerving, in their sleepy innocence, than curses: "This is the Barbecue we had last night my picture is to the left with a cross over it your son Joe." Without Sanctuary is a great and terrible book. It's an album of peacetime atrocities, during which hundreds of [cameras] clicked.
Here's how the Vicksburg Evening Post, described the 1904 lynching of Luther Holbert and his wife, accused of killing Holbert's employer:
"When the two Negroes were captured, they were tied to trees and while the funeral pyres were being prepared, they were forced to suffer the most fiendish tortures. The blacks were forced to hold out their hands while one finger at a time was chopped off. The fingers were distributed as souvenirs. The ears of the murderers were cut off. Holbert was beaten severely, his skull was fractured and one of his eyes, knocked out with a stick, hung by a shred from the socket....
"The most excruciating form of punishment consisted in the use of a large corkscrew in the hands of some of the mob. This instrument was bored into the flesh of the man and woman, in the arms, legs and body, and then pulled out, the spirals tearing out big pieces of raw, quivering flesh every time it was withdrawn."
The mob then burned them to death, forcing the Holberts’ son to watch:
He was nearly crazed with fear, and when he saw the flames consuming his tortured parents, and heard their frightful screams, and prayers for mercy, he threw himself face downward on the ground, closing his eyes, and putting his fingers in his ears, to shut the fearful scene out from sight and hearing. After the couple were dead and only partly consumed, the mob left them and the boy took the blackened corpses of his parents, and laid them side by side in the brush, covering them over as best he could.
Interesting how all these news reports are prior to the lynching. One sources says 3000 and others say 10,000. How did the reporter get those estimates? Somebody selling tickets? John Hartfield did get lynched but where are the reports after the lynching? Where are the post lynching news reports?

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Tue May 30, 2017 9:48 am

~
American MILITARY RAPE AND MURDER OF people considered 'UNTERMENSCH'

Apparently rape in the American military is and had been widespread for decades. And I'm talking now of rape of GIs by other GIs.

Then there is not only the crime of rape, but then the crime of the official cover-up of it. That shows the institutionalised American attitude to military rape.
As was attempted with My Lai: the military, right to the top of command, tried to hush it up.

And as happened with the pre-meditated gang rape and then murder in Iraq of a 14yr old girl ABEER AL-JANABI and the murder of her five year old sister and her parents to silence them. The military right to the top of command tried to hush it up. Remember that one?
“I didn’t think of Iraqis as humans” said one of the guilty US soldiers.
Abeer, only 14, faced three U.S. soldiers alone, soldiers who were intent on raping her, with a fourth nearby. As all have testified, Pvt. 1st Class Jesse Spielman stood by during the attack.
Abeer fought hard, sobbing, screaming, struggling, as three men in succession pried her legs apart and got between them. ...It was March 12, 2006. The boys Muhammed and Ahmed came home from school to find white smoke billowing from their house, blood and brains on the walls. In the front room, Abeer was half nude and had been shot in the head. In the bedroom, bullet holes and red splatters peppered a corner. The right side of Qassim’s head had been blown out by a shotgun, and he lay in a thick pool of blood. The body of Fakhriya looked broken. Little Hadeel had been killed, still clutching the stems of flowers from the garden, with a bullet through her right cheek. The boys stood outside the smoking building, holding hands and crying. Later they dropped out of school and “lost their futures.”
And remember the first fatality of an American from Missouri during the Iraq invasion. It was the rape and murder of GI Lavena Johnson. A rape and murder that was successfully covered-up and officialy declared as a suicide. Despite the fatal shot being to the left temple (she was right handed) and despite having a broken nose, damaged teeth, black-eye, acid burns to her genitalia, etc., and there being a trail of her blood into her tent.

If this is what happens to American service-personnel by American service-personnel, is it reasonable to deny the widespread rape of occupied citizens regarded as the 'enemy'??

. . . . . . . . .

AMERICAN MOB 'JUSTICE'
Scott wrote:Lynching does not look civilized but Thomas Hobbes was right in that the first duty of the sovereign state is to provide collective security, and in return citizens owe allegiance to their sovereign authority; all other rights stem from this social compact.
Did you mean "contract"? What social contract did blacks in the South of America have after the abolition of slavery?
Lynchings were predominantly white-only exhibitions of murder and mob rule that often included torture and sadism. Blacks weren't permitted there nor were they forced to watch to learn any 'lessons' or be intimidated.

These lynchings were an exercise in 'white' mob justice and a unifying exhibition of white supremacy being above the law when it came to race relations and anyone considered an 'uppity nigger'.

As the case of the lynching of pregnant Mary Turner demonstrates. Her crime was that she protested the revenge lynching of her innocent husband after a white ex-slave owner was murdered.
https://blackmainstreet.net/never-forge ... -old-baby/
-- Anonymous

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:30 am

Been-There wrote:
Scott wrote:
Lynching does not look civilized but Thomas Hobbes was right in that the first duty of the sovereign state is to provide collective security, and in return citizens owe allegiance to their sovereign authority; all other rights stem from this social compact.

Did you mean "contract"? What social contract did blacks in the South of America have after the abolition of slavery?

"Social Compact" is a more archaic version of the term than "Contract" but it means the same thing. I preferred the less-Bourgeois sounding version since I am not talking about Noblemen going on strike to force an unpopular king to sign the Magna Charta or anything like that, let alone a business deal.

Hobbes was talking about what subjects do to avoid the State of Nature where life is "nasty, brutish, and short." Sovereignty, whether popular or regal, and the collective security that this makes possible, is ultimately the source of the commons, and the basis of all civil society.

This applies also to Darkies, even in the South, because they benefit from the reduction of Negro street crime. They benefit the most in actually because most crime is Black-on-Black.

The Lynching trope is mostly anti-White and anti-Southern propaganda. As I have said before, studies show it was less widespread than commonly believed. Half of those lynched were actually White, and there were nearly as many lynchings in the Midwest than in the South.

As I said before, citizens being forced to take the law into their own hands is a sign of law and order being deficient in some way, not necessarily more racist. Vigilance Committees were necessary because frontier justice was lacking.

By the same token, the incarceration rate for Negroes is enormous in the United States today, and this is not due to racism but simply Dindu Nuffins' committing by far more than their per capita share of violent and property crimes, including rapes and murders. Blacks actually benefit the most from Negro incarceration since we are talking about criminal incarceration, in fact, and there is no way to spin this without doing violence to the dignity of the victims of crime in some manner.

Critical Race-theorists (read Frankfurt School Marxist academics, SJW's, etc.) are reluctant to openly state that Criminals of Color should be let go simply due to White Racism, because after all "somebody is doing the raping," as Donald Trump once bemoaned, and their own constituencies themselves are the ones most endangered by Negro crime, but the Black Power proponents do demand more giveaway programs for Africans on Whitey's dime--as if fatter welfare checks and putting more Dindus into sinecures at the Post Office will make the mail delivery system more honest and more efficient, and somehow lower the crime rate cuz Tyroshus won't need be stealin' no moh sheeit.

There is considerable data to suggest that minority access to abortions since the 1973 Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court decision has in fact lowered violent crime rates decades later. Surprise. Surprise. Surprise. Conservatives and Holy Rollers should consider this when they wail that health care should not include simple and free access to birth control. (That would lower the abortion rate by default in any case.)

One of the chief impediments to ending slavery before the Civil War was what to do with freed (and idle) Blacks. After the elimination of the slave trade in 1808, per the instructions of the Constitutional ratification a generation earlier, this ended the primary economic basis for slavery in the North and the Atlantic trade, and ultimately set the stage for the unsustainability of Southern plantation slavery. The increasing flood of Northward-bound Negroes was stemmed with the 1857 Dred Scott decision, which took runaway Southern slaves and "sold them down the river," as Mark Twain put it.

Not until the labor shortages of the World Wars did U.S. policy actually start importing Negroes from the Deep South to work in Northern factories. And you didn't see them outside of big cities until the 1960s. There were maybe one or two Black kids in my school in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1967. It was whiter than the Rat Pack with Sammy Davis Jr. on furlough. I usually walked home from school on Tropicana Avenue by myself. Unthinkable today. (Holy Crap. I just Googled my school and my own class photo popped up. Here's a picture of the 1949 school building instead.)

More later. Lots of Marxist propaganda to deconstruct.

;)

" Just stupid and absurd! They look like idiots wearing those heels in their uniform, and its just an exercise in extreme political correctness in an already overblown issue that does not need an Official Month, or a 5 k walk/run event!!

" The hysteria behind sexual assault has been so exaggerated that its become nothing but a vehicle issue for some women to push their own self serving agendas, and a healthy dose of perspective and common sense is long overdue!

" Its the military's job to fight a war- not latch on to every politically correct fad that comes along! "

historian – England

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:33 am

Scott wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:30 am
As I said before, citizens being forced to take the law into their own hands is a sign of law and order being deficient in some way, not necessarily more racist. Vigilance Committees were necessary because frontier justice was lacking.

...More later. Lots of Marxist propaganda to deconstruct.
Mrs Mary Turner?
Is the lynching of her a case of “citizens being forced to take the law into their own hands as a sign of law and order being deficient in some way”?
The chain of events that led to the lynching of Mary Turner started in May of 1918 on Hampton Smith’s plantation in Brooks County, Georgia. Smith, a 31-year-old White man, was shot and killed by one of his Black workers named Sydney Johnson.

After the slaves’ emancipation, many plantations in the South began to experience labor shortages. Like many other plantation owners, Hampton Smith turned to the debt peonage system of the day to find a ready labor pool. He took advantage of that system by bailing people out of jail and having them work off their debt (the bail money) to him on his plantation.

Smith was known for abusing and beating his workers, and 19-year-old Sydney Johnson was one such unfortunate victim of Smith’s violence.

After only a few days of work on Smith’s plantation, Johnson was refused his earned wages and beaten by Smith for not working while he was sick. As a result, Sydney Johnson shot and killed Hampton Smith.

The death of a White man at the hands of a Black man, sent the surrounding area into a frenzy. A mob was formed to search for Johnson and others, thought to be involved in his decision to kill Hampton Smith.

That manhunt lasted for more than a week and resulted in the deaths of at least 13 Black people. One of the unfortunate victims of this mob was Mary Turner, her husband, and her unborn child.

At the time, Mary Turner was twenty-years-old and 8-months pregnant. Mary’s husband, Hazel “Hayes” Turner, had been caught by the lynch mob and killed. She publicly objected to her husband’s murder. Upon hearing of her husband’s murder, Mary threatened to swear out warrants for those responsible. Those “unwise remarks,” as the area papers put it, enraged locals.

Hearing news of the rampaging mob’s intent to punish her for her remarks, Mary Turner tried to flee for her life. She was caught and taken to a place called Folsom’s Bridge, on the Brooks and Lowndes Counties’ shared border.

To punish her, the mob tied Mary Turner by her ankles, hung her upside down from a tree, poured gasoline on her, and set her on fire. While still alive, one member of the mob then cut her stomach open and her unborn child spilled out onto the ground, where it was reportedly stomped on and crushed by a member of the mob. Finally her body was riddled with gunfire from the mob and left hanging.

Later that night, Mary and her baby were buried ten feet away from where they were murdered. The makeshift grave was marked with only a “whiskey bottle” and a “cigar” stuffed in its neck.

A few days after the murder of Mary Turner and her baby, three more bodies were found in the area. Sydney Johnson was killed in a shoot out with police on South Troup Street in Valdosta, Georgia. Once killed, it is reported that a crowd of more than 700 people watched as his genitals were cut off and thrown into the street. A rope was then tied to his neck and his body was drug for nearly 20 miles. What was left of his body was then burned by the mob.

More than 500 Black people fled the areas of Lowndes and Brooks Counties during and shortly after this chain of events.

Mary Turner’s story and the stories of so many others like her, should never be forgotten. These types of acts, remain some of the most gruesome cases of racism and racial terrorism in this nation’s history. Yet they have been white-washed from main stream history books and teachings. Mary Turner’s murder remains one of the most horrific crimes committed against a human being in this nation’s history... It is a part of our history – American history.
-- Anonymous