The torture, trial and execution of Rudolf Höß

This is the place for your questions, propositions, formal debate topics, etc. but they do have to be approved by the Moderator before they will be published visibly, and must not address opponents disrespectfully, if at all. The subjects have to be simple or straightforward and kept on topic.

Moderators: been-there, Budu Svanidze

been-there
Propositions Moderator

The torture, trial and execution of Rudolf Höß

Post by been-there » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:30 pm

One of the kommandants of Auschwitz concentration camp, Rudolf Höß was executed on April 16th 1947 at the Auschwitz camp in Poland. He was hanged on a specially constructed gallows opposite Krema 1.
His hanging was with a very thin rope and on a very low gallows with a “trapdoor” through which he dropped after the force of his body falling upon it, opened it. A thin rope together with a short drop causes a slower death by strangulation as opposed to a faster death by breaking the neck.
Höß was led out punctually at 10 a.m. He was calm. With energetic steps, almost strutting, he walked along the main camp street. Since his hands were handcuffed behind his back, the executioners had to help him climb onto the stool placed above the trapdoor. A priest, whose presence had been requested by the condemned man, approached the gallows. A prosecutor read out the sentence. The hangman placed the noose on Höß’s neck, and Höß adjusted it with a movement of his head. When the hangman pulled the stool from under the former commandant, his body struck the trapdoor, which opened, leaving Höß hanging. The priest began to recite the prayer for the dying. It was 10:08 a.m. A physician pronounced Höß dead at 10:21. His remains were probably cremated.
http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/rudolf- ... camp-1947/
“When they were leading him to the gallows, Höss looked calm. I thought as he climbed to the gallows, up the steps—knowing him to be a Nazi, a hardened party member — that he would say something. ...But no. He didn’t say a word.
-- Stanislaw Hantz. Guard at Auschwitz-Birkenau.
http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz/40-45/libe ... 1945b.html
This photograph above shows the moment before the stool he was standing on was pulled out from beneath him.

Here are three photographs that show Höß after falling through the trapdoor:

. . . .

Film of him being transported by his captors appears in this post-war German news reel:
. . . . .

An account of the torture applied to his children to get his wife to reveal his wherabouts leading to his capture is given here:
Brigitte Höß on the left.

She [his daughter Brigitte] is more willing to talk about when the British captured her father. One cold evening in March 1946, Hanns Alexander... — a German-born Jew but by then a British captain — banged on the family's door.

"I remember when they came to our house to ask questions. I was sitting on the table with my sister. I was about 13 years old. The British soldiers were screaming: 'Where is your father? Where is your father?' over and over again. I got a very bad headache. I went outside and cried under a tree. I made myself calm down. I made myself stop crying, and my headache went away. But I have had migraines for years after that..."

The story continues. "My older brother Klaus was taken with my mother. He was beaten badly by the British. My mother heard him scream in pain from the room next door. Just like any mother, she wanted to protect her son, so she told them where my father was."

...the Americans, ...made him testify at Nuremberg. Then Höss was passed to the Poles, who prosecuted him, then hanged him on a gallows next to the Auschwitz crematorium.

Brigitte Höß is the girl on the right.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/secret-life ... 2tjmy.html
Photo of Höß taken during his psychological and physical torture by Jews in the British Army
showing cuts and small puncture wounds to his face.

REFERENCES
http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz/40-45/libe ... 1945b.html

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/rudolf- ... camp-1947/
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: The torture, trial and execution of Rudolf Höß

Post by been-there » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 am

The preparation for the show-trial ‘eye-witness’ testimony
of Auschwitz Kommandant Rudolf Höß

Rudolf Höß arrived in Nuremberg on April 1st, 1946, and was handed over by the British to the Americans. The same day of his arrival he was interrogated by Sender Jaari, a military intelligence offcer/ civil servant, and by an American army officer Lieutenant Whitney Harris.
Q. Didn't you visit any of the three existing extermination camps?

A. Yes.

Q. Which ones?

A. Treblinka ...

Q. What did you see there?

A. At that time the action in connection with the Warsaw Ghetto was in progress, and I watched the procedure.

Q. How was it done there?

A. They had chambers for about 200 people. Into these chambers the fumes from an exhaust machine came in. These motors had been taken from captured enemy equipment such as tanks, trucks and had been installed next to the gas chambers. They were run by gas, and those victims were supposed to be suffocated by the fumes.

Q. How many chambers were there, and how many people were killed?

A. I do not know the exact figure, but there may have been about ten chambers. It was built next to a ramp and the train drove right up to it. The people were unloaded right into the chambers, and this procedure was necessary because the motors did not always work right.

Q. Weren't the people first registered or interrogated?

A. No.

Q. They were put directly into the chambers from the trains?

A. Yes.

Q. And what happened to their clothing?

A. They had to undress before they were put into the chambers.

Q. And their valuables?

A. That was all sorted. I saw a number of shacks there in which there were piles of clothing, shoes, valuables, etc., all sorted separately and neatly stacked. They were later packed.

Q. What happened to these things?

A.I do not know.

Q. Who did the sorting?

A. Inmates.

Q. Who guarded the trains in which the Jews were to be gassed alive?

A.The train that I saw In Treblinka arrived guarded by members of the Security Police; also the trains that came into Auschwitz from Poland were guarded by the Security Police.

Q. Did the train loads consist of women, men and children all together?

A.All together.

Q. We are now talking about the train in Treblinka?

A. Yes, the one in Treblinka.

Q. Were there babies, real small children and very old people also?

A. All kinds, if they were evacuated from Warsaw.

Q. Now I understand from your statement that the people — men, women and children had to strip themselves completely naked. Am I right?

A. Yes.

Q. And the women carried their babies with them into the chambers?

A. Yes.

Q. And they knew what was going to happen to them?

A. Yes, I assume so.

Q. Did they know what was going to happen to them?

A. Yes, they did.

Q. And what was your reaction?

A. I did not consider this problem, or the means, or the manner in which it was conducted because in my opinion they knew it was going to happen to them.

Q. But you found it lawful and right that they were to be exterminated. It was only the manner you objected to?

A. Yes, according to my discussions with Himmler it was the way you just stated.

Q. Did anyone try to escape?

A. No, I didn't see that.

Q. How long did you remain in Treblinka?

A. About three or four hours.
. . . . . .

Interrogation by the Americans of Höß on April-fool's day, 1st April 1946 at Nuremberg.

Herr Höß is the first person who was presented to the world as a captured perpetrator of a planned genocide of ALL ‘Jews' using homicidal gas chambers.
I.e. he was the first ‘Nazi’ who — after being given a haircut, a shower and a shave, put in clean, smart clothes — was then presented publically as a perpetrator of what since the 1970's has been enshrined in the collective consciousness using the words 'the holocaust'.
This is a significant distinction. A significant ‘first’.

He was publically presented to the world as a confessing, self-accusing, mass-murdering perpetrator of a genocide of Jews. But more importantly, he was presented as that to those surviving members of the German Third Reich High-command at Nuremburg. He was presented as irrefutable confirmation of a monstrous 'Nazi' war-crime to the accused in the dock!!!

He himself appeared there at that ‘trial’ NOT as an accused but as a witness. And he was presented as an ‘eye-witness’ to convince the accused in the Nuremburg trials of their collective guilt for monstrous crimes.

In answers to mainly 'yes' or 'no' questions, he was presented to the world — via the filmed and transcribed Nuremburg trials — as proof of an Allied claim that there had been an NSDAP plot to mass-murder ALL the Jews in existence. And here we are seven decades later, and most people on the planet still believe this torture-induced confession to be credible!!

He himself claimed to not only have 'witnessed' and carried out mass-murder by gas at Auschwitz, BUT HE ALSO CLAIMED to have been an eye-witness to mass-gassings of Jews, at Treblinka in June 1941, using exhaust fumes from captured tank engines, etc., as the weapon of murder.

Plus he described 'witnessing' an operational camp that had already mass-murdered 80,000 people in the previous six months* before his claimed visit.
A camp where the ‘gas chambers’ where built adjacent to the railway ramp so that victims got off the train undressed on the ramp and then went straight from the ramp into the adjacent gas chambers built next to the ramp.

In answers to interrogation questions he "confessed" that at Treblinka the arriving Jews were not first registered or interrogated, but were put directly into the chambers from the trains. No sorting. No selection. No journeys down narrow, concealed, 'himmelstrasse' pathways to gas chambers further into the camp, as the official narrative insists.

And he claimed that he travelled from Auschwitz to Treblinka and saw all this in the early summer of 1941 with the specific intent to witness 'final solution' mass-murder in order to design and build his own extermination facility of homicidal gas chambers in Auschwitz-Birkenau, which he claimed he began on the 3rd September 1941.

And he claimed that he 'witnessed' all this in the early summer of 1941 despite the fact that construction of Treblinka 2 was not even begun until the 10th April 1942 [1] and did not become operational until July 22nd 1942.
And despite the fact that analysis of aerial photographs do not show foundations of buildings considered today to have been gas chambers right next to the railway-ramp.

Rudolf Höss DURING the Nürnberg ‘trial’: appearing as a defence witness for Ernst Kaltenbrunner.

Rudolf Höss BEFORE the ‘trial’: preparation for appearing as a defence witness at Nürnberg.

* Rudolf Höß's s signed testimony presented at the Nuremburg post-War show-trials.

. . . . . . .

The Hollywood film dramatisation of the Nürnberg show-trials admitted the Allies tricked the defendant lawyer of Ernst Kaltenbrunner, Dr. Kaufman, into calling Höß to gave his Nürnberg 'trial' testimony as a witness for their defence.

From the recording of the Nürnberg testimony we hear an American prosecutor reading a statement claimed to be Höß's statement, to him. Höß merely says "Jawohl” when asked if it is correct.

And in the transcription of Höß's pre-trial 'defence' testimony we can clearly see the intimidation in forcing that acquiescence regarding his factually flawed 'testimony' regarding Treblinka:
Q. And the women carried their babies with them into the chambers?

A. Yes.

Q. And they knew what was going to happen to them?

A. Yes, I assume so.

Q. Did they know what was going to happen to them?

A. Yes, they did.

Q. And what was your reaction?

A. I did not consider this problem, or the means, or the manner in which it was conducted, because in my opinion they knew it was going to happen to them.

Q. But you found it lawful and right that they were to be exterminated. It was only the manner you objected to?

A. Yes, according to my discussions with Himmler it was the way you just stated.
This is an intimidated man agreeing with his interrogator and saying what he thinks they want him to say.

And correcting himself if he doesn't say what is expected:
"Did they know?"
Yes, I assume so.
Did they know??
Er, yes, of course they knew! Yes. Yes. Of course they did.

And when he is confused what to answer, just saying it is whatever his interrogator says it is:
"Yes, ...it was the way you just stated."

Höß showing signs of torture, evidenced by the many small stab wounds on his face

The following quotes are from ‘Nuremberg: the last battle’ chapter 18, pages 242 and 246, by David Irving.
Höß was also interrogated on March 20th 1946 at Minden, but that report is [either] lost or not yet in the public domain. 24
Note 24: The Nuremburg files state that Höß was interrogated on March 20th 1946 in British [custody] at Minden, Germany; this transcript No, D.479B appears not to have been released yet by the British authorities.
Höß had attempted to smuggle out of Nuremberg prison a letter to his wife in which he apologised to her and to his family for “confessing” to the atrocities at Auschwitz. He claimed that he had been tortured into making spurious admissions.

Siezed by prison officers and never delivered, the letter is still in private [ownership] in the United States.

The owner offered it in 1996 to Ben Swearingen, one of the countries foremost autograph experts. Swearingen refused to touch it, fearing that it was ‘political dynamite’.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous