SS Blutrichter Judge Konrad Morgan

This is the place for your questions, propositions, formal debate topics, etc. but they do have to be approved by the Moderator before they will be published visibly, and must not address opponents disrespectfully, if at all. The subjects have to be simple or straightforward and kept on topic.

Moderators: been-there, Budu Svanidze

been-there
Propositions Moderator

SS Blutrichter Judge Konrad Morgan

Post by been-there » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:04 am

Georg Konrad Morgen (8 June 1909 – 4 February 1982) was an SS judge and lawyer who was given the task by SS Reichsführer Heinrich Himmler of investigating crimes committed by Himmler's SS personnel. Morgen worked within the SS Judiciary, a system of courts that tried cases against members of the the Allgemeine-SS and Waffen-SS.

In 1941 and the first half of 1942, he investigated financial corruption by members of the SS in occupied Poland. Morgen’s first assignment in the SS judiciary in 1941 was in Kraków, the seat of German administration in the portion of occupied Poland not incorporated into the Reich. Shortly after arriving there, Morgen began investigating members of Himmler’s circle.

In July 1943, Heinrich Himmler chose Morgen to investigate SS corruption in the concentration camps.
He rose to the rank of SS-Sturmbannführer (Major).
Morgen was known as a Blutrichter — a judge authorised to pass death sentences.

After the war all SS personell received especially harsh and brutal treatment at the hands of the Allied victors [1], many receiving torture and summary execution. Morgen was imprisoned in Dachau. He recounted how he was beaten in order to intimidate him into giving false testimony.
Morgen was later called as a witness at the show-trials of NSDAP high command at the International Military Tribunal in Nuremberg. He also appeared in court at the trial of SS WVHA members, and the 1965 Auschwitz trial in Frankfurt–am–Main.

He gave his last deposition in 1980, two years before his death.

Morgen once described himself as a Gerechtigkeitsfanatiker – a fanatic for justice.

ImageImage

. . . . . . . . . .

Born in Frankfurt, Morgen graduated from the University of Frankfurt and the Hague Academy of International Law, before becoming a judge in Stettin.
At the outbreak of the war, he was drafted into the Waffen-SS and sent for basic military training.

After the invasion of France in 1940, he was employed as a judge in the SS Judiciary, which assigned him to its court in Krakow.
Morgen wrote:I said to the man in the personnel office that I would like to resume employment in my profession, since if one has just passed one’s exams and then leaves the profession for more than a year, it is very hard to work one’s way back in. He said, “OK, the Head Office of the SS Judiciary is looking for judges. So you’ll get a job there.”
In Krakow he investigated several highly placed SS officers for corruption, including Hermann Fegelein, the future liason oficer of Heinrich Himmler, and the future brother-in-law of Eva Braun and Adolf Hitler. He also exposed one of Fegelein's co-conspirators, a mistress of Albert Fassbender (commander of an SS cavalry brigade) named Jaroslawa Mirowska, as a Polish spy and as the head of the Polish underground.

After requesting a transfer, Morgen served with the Wiking Division on the Eastern Front. Most histories claim that Himmler sent him there as a punishment for investigating the SS too successfully. Which appears to be an example of the currently accepted and promulgated history's inclusions of self-contradicting, delusional deceit, as in mid-1943 Himmler recalled Morgen to investigate and prosecute corruption in the concentration camp system. Why would Himmler do that if he had got rid of Morgen because he had investigated too thoroughly, too justly and too honestly previously?

Morgen's investigations included Karl-Otto Koch the commandant of both Buchenwald and Majdanek; Koch's wife Ilse Koch; SS officer Martin Sommer; and Buchenwald's camp doctor Waldemar Hoven. Charges included theft, military insubordination, and murder.

When he found that prisoners in Buchenwald had disappeared — especially those who had witnessed corruption — he inferred that they had been murdered. Consequently, after corroborating investigation, he drew up charges against Karl Otto Koch of murder during his time as the commandant of Buchenwald.
Morgen succesfully investigated, tried, and convicted Commandant Koch. He had him executed at Buchenwald by SS firing squad on April 5th 1945, shortly before the end of the war.

Karl-Otto and Ilse Koch

Ilse Koch on trial at Dachau after the war.

In post-war testimony, Morgen exposed the bogus atrocity-propaganda allegations against Frau Koch of an alleged fetish with lampshades made of tatooed human skin from Jewish inmates. He had personally searched Koch's home near Buchenwald and knew these were false rumours. He later told the American journalist John Toland that because he persisted in denying the story he was threatened with beatings and actually was beaten twice by Allied interrogators preparing statements for IMT at Nuremberg.

In addition to prosecuting concentration-camp officers during the war, Morgen had sought an arrest warrant for Adolf Eichmann, as Eichmann himself confirmed at his show-trial in Jerusalem. The 'crime' the prosecution was concerning was corruption, viz. for allegedly embezzling a pouch of diamonds.

Morgen then spent the latter half of 1943 — after the case of corruption at Buchenwald — investigating Dachau and other camps, including Kraków-Płaszów, the camp made famous by the Jewish 'Holocaust' promoter Stephen Spielberg in his film Schindler’s List (1993). In one scene from the film, workers are unloading provisions ordered for 10,000 prisoners — non-existent prisoners invented by the commandant, Amon Göth, so that he could requisition extra provisions to sell on the black market. The film's narrator remarks that Göth is being audited by the SS. These SS investigators were working for Morgen.

During the late summer and fall of 1943, Morgen looked into rumours that Christian Wirth — who, unbeknownst to Morgen, was supervisor of the camps of Operation Reinhard — had permitted SS officers to participate in a drunken Jewish wedding near Lublin. Investigating, he found Wirth presiding over a collection centre for vast quantities of clothing and valuables from the victims.
On one visit to Lublin, Morgen arrived soon after Aktion Erntefest (Operation Harvest Festival): the liquidation of the three largest camps (Majdanek, Poniatowa, and Trawniki) and several smaller Jewish labour camps in the Lublin area. The operation, carried out as a pre-emptive security measure, was ordered by Himmler after inmates had obtained weapons and were discovered operating with communist partisans active in the surrounding forests. Morgen arrived the day after the executions had ended and so he compiled a report from the testimony of eyewitnesses. A portion of this was later read out in the pre-trial interrogation of Ernst Kaltenbrunner at Nuremberg: "the men went first, filing into one trench, and later the nude women had their own separate trenches....all passed silently and methodically through the trenches, so the executions went very quickly."
The Allied victors made false allegations to incriminate Morgen, claiming he had been present at the massacre itself, and that he had tried to prevent the industrialist Walter Többens from intervening. These were later exposed and acknowledged to be unfounded allegations.

Two packages of dental gold, sent by an Auschwitz dental technician to his wife, had been confiscated by postal inspectors and passed on to Morgen for investigation. Realising that the gold must have been collected from camp inmates, Morgen sent an investigative team to Auschwitz and later visited himself, receiving a thorough tour of the centre at Birkenau. During his investigation his assistant SS-Stabsscharführer Gerhard Putsch disappeared and the building where his evidence files were stored, burned down. He went on to prosecute the camp commandant Rudolf Höss and the Chief of the camp Gestapo, Maximilian Grabner, for crimes including murder.

Morgen reported what he had found to several of his superiors, including the chief of the Gestapo, Heinrich Müller: “Obergruppenführer Müller was surprised to hear about the illegal executions in the concentration camps, namely about the acts committed in the concentration camps against the law, and he was also surprised at the large extent of crime.”

Much later, after the war and during the 1964 trial at Frankfurt, Morgen claimed that these prosecutions were an attempt to impede the allegations of mass exterminations that were a part of we now know by the name ‘the Holocaust’. But there is no contemporary documentary evidence to support this. His testimony regarding knowledge of mass exterminations is contradictory and became more detailed the further from the events.

The trials of Koch and Grabner took place in the autumn of 1944. According to Morgen's post-war testimony, other SS officers who feared prosecution observed the proceedings. They gathered after hours with members of the court and denounced Morgen as a self-promoter, a liar, and an enemy of the SS. Morgen felt himself to be on trial and he heard rumours that corrupt SS officers were declaring him ‘a dead man’. In a dramatic letter to his fiancée, he wrote: ‘Defenceless, I stood alone in the storm as the object of the tribunal. […] It is a sad and thankless business to be the state’s prosecutor of state institutions’.

Some histories blatantly lie about Morgen's succesful prosecutions, as it so contradicts and upsets the 'holocaust' narrative. E.g. here is one such bogus history trying to minimise and explain away Morgen's wartime service:
Buchenwald commandant Koch was convicted, but only on a charge of corruption, though he was indeed executed in 1945, shortly before the end of the war. The trial of Auschwitz Gestapo chief Grabner was recessed until the spring, never to resume. Grabner’s punishment had to wait until 1948, when he was executed by a war-crimes tribunal in Poland.

After the war he continued a legal career in Frankfurt, where he died on 4th February 1982.

Some of those indicted by Morgen
Karl-Otto Koch – Commandant of Buchenwald and Majdanek – executed for the murder of two hospital orderlies who had treated him for syphilis.

Martin Sommer – Buchenwald officer, indicted along with Koch. Transferred to the Russian Front; died in prison in 1988.

Hauptscharführer Blanck – Buchenwald officer, indicted along with Koch. Fate unknown.

Hermann Florstedt – Commandant of Majdanek – said to have been executed for murder 1945; fate uncertain.

Hermann Hackmann – in charge of protective custody in Majdanek – condemned to death for murder but eventually posted to a penal unit; died 1994.

Hans Loritz – Commandant of Oranienburg – proceedings initiated on suspicion of arbitrary killing; committed suicide 1946.

Adam Grünewald – Commandant of Herzogenbusch concentration camp – found guilty of maltreatment of prisoners and posted to a penal unit; killed in 1945.

Karl Künstler – Commandant of Flossenbürg concentration camp – dismissed for drunkenness and debauchery; missing in 1945.

Alex Piorkowski – Commandant of the Dachau concentration camp – accused of murder but not sentenced; executed by the Allies in 1948.

Maximilian Grabner – Head of Political Section in Auschwitz – accused of murder but not sentenced. Grabner was later hanged after the war by the Allies on 28th January 1948 in Poland.

Gerhard Palitzsch – Sentenced to prison; disappeared in June 1944.

Amon Göth – Sentenced to death. Executed in 1946 by the Polish government after the war.

Hans Aumeier – Tried, convicted. Executed in 1948 by the Polish government after the war.

Waldemar Hoven - Waffen SS Hauptsturmführer (Captain). Arrested by Morgen in 1943. Convicted and sentenced to death. Released in March 1945 due to the Nazi shortage of doctors. Hanged by the Allied victors on June 2th 1948 at Landsberg prison in Bavaria.

REFERENCES

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php? ... type=topic
https://aeon.co/essays/the-nazi-judge-w ... the-system

. . . . . . .

[1] Examples of Allied special treatment of SS soldiers:
Some years after the war a mass grave was discovered just west of the city of Nuremberg. In it were the bodies of some 200 SS soldiers. It was not until 1976 that one of the bodies was positively identified. It was the body of SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Kukula, the commander of the 1st Battalion, 38th SS Panzer Grenadier Regiment. Autopsies on the other bodies showed that most had been shot at close range, the others beaten to death by the rifle butts of the US Seventh Army GIs. In the village of Eberstetten, 17 German soldiers of the 'Gotz von Berlichingen' Division were shot after they surrendered to US troops.

...Despite the German observance of convention the American forces response was often as summary and as brutal as those practiced by their Soviet allies. Only in cases where large numbers of captured soldiers had been taken were they to be enslaved. If captured in smaller groups the US Army policy was simply to slaughter their captured prisoners where they stood.

One such case was the cold-blooded slaying of an estimated 700 troops of the 8th SS Mountain Division. These troops who had fought with honorable distinction had earlier captured a US field hospital. Although the German troops had conducted themselves properly they were, when subsequently captured by the US Army, routinely separated and gunned down in groups by squads of American troops.
-- Alliierte Kreigsverbrechen und Verbrechen gegen die Menschlichkeit.
Last edited by Scott on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

NSDAP

Re: SS Blutrichter Judge Konrad Morgan

Post by NSDAP » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:41 am

I found a fairly recent re covering of this on You Tube.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:07 pm

Further to the consideration of the role of Konrad Morgen in prosecuting criminality in the concentration camps and his evolving perception and account of it, here is a translation of a telegram he wrote to David Irving in July 1974 concerning Kaltenbrunner's concluding statement at the post-war Nuremberg Allied show-trials.
Konrad Morgen wrote:FRANKFURT, 10th July 1974

Re: Kaltenbrunner

Dear Mr. Irving,

I can answer your request of 2.7.74 as follows:

1. [It is] false that Kaltenbrunner had arranged for my transfer to Amt 5 of the RSHA.

I was a war judge of the Waffen SS, member of the main SS court, (Chief Obergruppenführer Breithaupt). My transfer (proper Abkommandierung) could only be authorised by someone who stood above the three chiefs of office, i.e. Himmler himself.

Himmler had arranged my assignment to the RKPA [Reich Criminal Police Office], because of my work as SS judge during my activity in occupied Poland against the head of the Department of Economy and Chief of Administration Pohl who had become unpopular with steward leaders and many others.

The express instruction was, on the one hand to keep me away from the matters concerning processing of political crime and, on the other hand, to use my proven criminal [investigation] capabilities.

This seemed to Himmler to be guaranteed by my assignment to the Reich Criminal Police Office.

2.) False is Kaltenbrunner's assertion that I had been added to supplement a special commission to investigate the concentration camps.

When I first arrived at the RKPA they did not know what to do with me. An investigation commission of the concentration camps did not exist. Neither could it exist. Because the criminal police — whose headquarters were within the RKPA — was responsible only for the criminality of civilians, but not for those in the SS units. The Gestapo, in turn, was only responsible for political investigations, but not for criminal ones. The SS jurisdiction would have been competent, but was dependent on an accusatory report from the concentration camp SS units. But where there is no plaintiff, there is no investigative judge.
It was an outright coincidence that I came into this gap.

3.) False is Kaltenbrunner's assertion that he drove to the Führer's headquarters the day after my report

For Starr, also Kaltenbrunner, for everyone, "the iron was too hot". So one sent me to another. Nebe referred me to Kaltenbrunner, Kaltenbrunner to Breithaupt (Chief Main Office SS Court), he to his connecting leader, to Himmler. And so I (at the time a lieutenant) had to drive to the Führer's headquarters in East Prussia to give a lecture.

4.) Also false is the assertion that the destruction of the Jews had been stopped there. At the beginning of my investigation I had no idea of ​​the extermination of the Jews. That came much later. My report about my initial research results was exclusively about the corruption of the Standartenführer Koch, [who was] the commander of the Buchenwald and Lublin concentration camps, and his wife Ilse.

5.) False also is Kaltenbrunner's assertion that he supported my investigations. The opposite is true. He and Pohl finally managed to get out of the examination in summer 1944.

6.) It is correct that due to my investigations, existing orders to protect the lives and property of the prisoners were tightened. The concentration camp personnel were shocked by arrests and convictions. The hitherto unknown conditions within the SS units were generally publicised and Himmler thereby came under strong moral pressure.

The worsening war situation aroused the resistance of the SS Generalitat against Hitler. Pushed by them, Himmler made secret connections to foreign countries; also to Jewish organisations. But this had the precondition that he stopped the extermination of the Jews.

Yours faithfully

Konrad Morgen
DAVID IRVING NOTES: Morgen's memory is probably wrong about Nebe. Nebe was implicated in the July 20, 1944, bomb plot against Hitler, vanished on that date, was captured many weeks later and hanged.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/History/General/Mo ... 00794.html

NSDAP

Post by NSDAP » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 pm

This is worth repeating. Information is mainly from Konrad Morgen Conscience of a Nazi Judge and CODOH who provided most of the wording though edited. SS-Sturmbannführer Morgen ((8 June 1909 – 4 February 1982) was an SS judge and lawyer who worked as both investigator and judge prosecuting officials and guards in the concentration camps for illegal activities. In the Buchenwald camp, four people were arrested, including the former camp commander's wife, Ilse Koch. The main issue was that 3-4 prisoners had been killed some years earlier. Morgen sentenced two of them to death. Ilse was acquitted on the charge of embezzlement, and the charge against her leveled by the inmates of making items out of human skin was withdrawn due to lack of evidence. Morgen had interviewed the prisoners at Buchenwald, but couldn't prove their stories about Ilse making tattooed lamp shades so he withdrew the charge. No one disputes Morgen's extensive wartime prosecutions. At the Nuremberg trials he gave testimony to his police activities:

"I investigated about 800 cases, that is, about 800 documents, and one document would affect several cases. About 200 were tried during my activity. Five concentration camp commanders were arrested by me personally. Two were shot after being tried."

But his career also had other post-war brownie points: In 1936, he put out a book called War Propaganda and the Prevention of War which was against the militarization of Germany. True Morgen was a member of the SS, but even that couldn't be used against him. At Nuremberg he explained,

"I was drafted compulsorily into the General SS. In 1933, I belonged to the Reich Board for Youth Training, whose, students' group was completely incorporated into the General SS."

What Morgan did during the war flies in the face of the standard holocaust story: Morgen sentenced to death the top two officials of a concentration camp for killing just 3-4 inmates, years earlier. Not hundreds, not thousands. Yet holocaust survivor stories tend to describe the average guard as killing that many people every day for fun and often drunk. Contrast this scenario with Morgen: he moved to the Buchenwald area for 8 months to thoroughly investigate the goings on at the Lager, placing his staff to live in the concentration camp itself. He wasn't investigating the current camp commander Hermann Pister, but rather the former camp commander who had left 2 years earlier, Karl-Otto Koch. After some major sifting through relevant information with some spying, Morgen uncovered some corruption practices but turned up no murder leads. Finally, near the end of 8 months, and looking at records that were 3-5 years old, Morgen uncovered the insidious way in which the camp commander, Karl Koch, with the help of the camp doctor had killed around 4 inmates; as a result of this Koch was tried and sentenced to death. Morgen spent an enormous amount of time in regard to the deaths of a few inmates that had occurred years before as any good criminal policeman would do.
Koch remained at Buchenwald until September 1941, when he was transferred to the Lublin concentration camp for POWs (was not called an extermination camp at this stage). Koch commanded the Lublin camp for only one year; he was relieved from his duties after 86 Soviet POWs escaped from the camp in August 1942. Koch was charged with criminal negligence and transferred to Berlin, where he worked at the SS Personalhauptamt and as a liaison between the SS and the German Post-Office.

Koch's actions at Buchenwald first caught the attention of SS-Obergruppenführer Josias, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont in 1941. In glancing over the death list of Buchenwald, Josias had stumbled across the name of Dr Walter Krämer, a head hospital orderly at Buchenwald, which he recognized because Krämer had successfully treated him in the past. Josias investigated the case and found out that Koch, in a position as the Camp Commandant, had ordered Krämer and Karl Peixof, a hospital attendant, killed as "political prisoners" because they had treated him for syphilis and he feared it might be discovered. Waldeck also received reports that a certain prisoner had been shot while attempting to escape. Waldeck ordered a full-scale investigation of the camp by Dr Konrad Morgen, an SS officer who was a judge in a German court. Throughout the investigation, more of Koch's orders to kill prisoners at the camp were revealed, as well as embezzlement of property stolen from prisoners.

A charge of incitement to murder was lodged by Prince Waldeck and Dr Morgen against Koch, to which were later added charges of embezzlement. Other camp officials were charged, including Koch's wife. The trial resulted in Koch being sentenced to death for disgracing both himself and the SS. Koch was executed by firing squad on 5 April 1945 in front of the camp inmates.

Allied Psychological warfare
The Allied Psychological Warfare Department (called PWD-SHAEF) came up with a plan to exploit a rumor which they had heard about. The rumor was that at Buchenwald, Ilse Koch, the sadistic wife of the camp commander Karl Koch, would ride out into the prison yard on a horse, have prisoners strip, and then choose tattoos on their bodies she liked. These prisoners would then be sent to a place where they would be killed, so that their tattooed skin could be removed and made into lampshades and other items. Shrunken heads had got into the rumor too. Some of the American psych warfare officers now in Europe, such as Albert G. Rosenberg (who was Jewish, born and raised in Germany) had recently returned from being stationed in the port city of Natal, Brazil where they would have seen the psychological power and low-brow public fascination that shrunken heads carried. There, in an awful example of capitalism, they would have seen how shrunken heads had become an exportable little industry. Every region has their tourist items. Here with Brazilian tourist shops with garrish signs advertising real shrunken heads. Few were really from Amazon tribes. Demand had far outstripped supply there. Most were made by unscrupulous people who perhaps knew someone who worked in a morgue. Psyche warfare wouldn't have needed to procure the heads in Brazil. They would be available in European Museums and curio shops to take.

In 1944 an affidavit by a captured German soldier was produced named Andreas Pfaffenberger, he claimed to be an ex-Buchenwald inmate, and mentioned that, while there, he had seen 2 shrunken heads in a room.

Here's how the Psych Warfare plan would be implemented: when the Buchenwald camp staff evacuated due to the soon-to-arrive American troops, a psyche warfare officer would get there before the American combat troops and plant atrocity items like shrunken heads and pieces of tattooed human skin. That's the kind of thing Psyche Warfare does: it's called "black propaganda" --making the other side look bad. Demoralize the enemy by making them feel terrible about themselves. The plan was to publicize the discovery in order to bolster world condemnation of Germany and to demoralize the part of the German population who were now occupied. Nowadays there's an ethical issue called "blowback," meaning it's bad if the info blows back into the American press. That's what happened in the mid 1980's with a US disinformation campaign against Moammar Khadaffei. But further back, during WWII, it wasn't an issue. It was more like a bonus. In fact this was considered necessary to the war effort and in my mind legitimate: the greatest casualty of war is the truth.

It's documented that in the vacuum after the German camp staff left, but before the American Army combat troops arrived, Members of Psyche Warfare were strangely there. (reminds one of the white helmets in Douma and the alleged fake gas attack). Such as Albert G. Rosenberg,American Psyche Warfare Lieutenant. Then shortly after, an American film crew arrived, headed by Billy Wilder there on a display table ready to be filmed were dried pieces of tattooed human skin, and two shrunken heads. These were planted.

The Logic of The Psych Warfare Plan: Ilse Koch was killing prisoners and making items out of their tattooed skin. When the Americans were coming in April 1945, she hastily left, and morbid objects indicating what she had done were there for the Americans to find.

The Problem with The Psych Warfare Plan: If Psych Warfare had known about Konrad Morgen, they might have done the math. The math is that no one associated with the rumor of the tattooed skin, shrunken heads, and lampshades had been at Buchenwald for almost two years. Morgen had arrested four people: Karl Koch, his wife, the deputy camp commander, and the lead camp doctor, all in late 1943. In the subsequent trial the charge against Ilse Koch regarding making items out of skin was withdrawn due to lack of evidence, and Ilse was acquitted on the charge of embezzlement, but her husband was found guilty of murdering 4 inmates.As mentioned he was sentenced to death and later executed, as was the deputy. When the Americans arrived, Ilse Koch hadn't lived at Buchenwald for almost 2 years. And during the Morgen crackdown, one would think the camp would have been run by the book. The new commander of Buchenwald, Hermann Pister, was already there in July 1943 when Morgen started his 8 month investigation. Karl Koch had transferred to be the head of Lublin in 1941. The new commander, Hermann Pister, was never charged by the SS nor later the Americans with making shrunken heads or procurring human skin, so it doesn't make sense that the Americans would find these items when they arrived almost 2 years later. Morgen threw a wrench into the works of the Psych Warfare plan, because they didn't know about him.

But the plan worked anyway, because when it comes to a psychologically powerful atrocity spectacle, the public doesn't really think. That could be seen in 1991, when a Hungarian Jew turned US congressman, Tom Lantos, staged a spectacle: A 15 year-old girl testified that she had been in a Kuwait hospital room when the Iraqi soldiers came in and yanked babies off life-support systems so they could take the incubators back to Iraq. No one noticed that the girl testifying spoke perfect American English. She had no accent whatsoever. What are the chances of a 15 year old Arab girl in Kuwait speaking flawless American English happening to be in the neo-natal intensive care unit when Iraqi troops barge in? The horrible spectacle she described, her brown skin, and her Arabic name was enough to fool everybody. We saw the same in Salisbury with Prime Minister May blaming Russians after the Skripal poisoning and of course the fake gas attack in Douma which was reported widely world wide blaming the Syrian government. None of those papers retracted their fake news despite the interim OPCW report saying no gas was used.

Alleged holocaust survivor Tom Lantos applied skills in deception to a part of the globe other than Europe. The phrase "You can fool all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." is a phrase you could display on TV, on say, CNN, and 100% percent of the people who read it, would feel like they were on the intelligent side of that equation. But if the phrase is even true, it's barely, barely true.

At the Nuremberg Trial, American prosecutor Thomas J. Dodd wants to give the court an idea of what the camps were like. In front of the courtroom there is a table with something on it, but no one can see what it is because a sheet covers it. Dodd mentions the depravity that went on at the concentration camps and offers an example from Buchenwald. Just then a clerk pulls the sheet off the table to reveal a shrunken human head. It has a powerful effect, particularly since next to it, on a bulletin board, are hanging samples of tattooed human skin. Dodd describes the head and skin by reading from an affidavit taken from an inmate at Buchenwald named Andreas Pfaffenberger:

"There I also saw the shrunken heads of two young Poles who had been hanged for having had relations with German girls. The heads were the size of a fist, and the hair and the marks of the rope were still there."

Pfaffenberger's statement also describes the skin. Dodd reads,

" 'No one knew what the purpose was; but after the tattooed prisoners had been examined, the ones with the best and most artistic specimens were kept in the dispensary and then killed by injections administered by Karl Beigs, a criminal prisoner. The corpses were then turned over to the pathological department where the desired pieces of tattooed skin were detached from the bodies and treated. The finished products were turned over to SS Standartenfuehrer Koch's wife, who had them fashioned into lamp shades and other ornamental household articles, I myself saw such tattooed skins with various designs and legends on them, such as "Hansel and Gretel," which one prisoner had on his knee, and designs of ships from prisoners' chests. This work was done by a prisoner named WERNERBACH."

But the next day at the trial, a lawyer for the Germans has an issue about Dodd's presentation. He complains to the judges saying,

DR. KAUFFMAN: "May I bring up two points with regard to yesterday's and in future presentation of evidence on the section dealing with Crimes against Humanity.

Firstly, I request that the affidavit of the witness Pfaffenberger, which was submitted yesterday, be stricken from the record. The witness himself will later have to be cross-examined, since his affidavit is fragmentary in most important points. In many cases it does not appear whether his statements are based on personal observations or on hearsay, and therefore it is too easy to draw false conclusions. The witness did not mention that the Camp Commander Koch and his inhuman wife were condemned to death by an SS court, among other things, on account of these occurrences. It is, of course, possible to ascertain the complete facts by questioning the witness at a later stage of the Trial. But until then the Tribunal and all members of the Prosecution and the Defense must be continually influenced by such dreadful testimony.

The contents of this testimony are so horrifying and so degrading to the human mind that one would like to avert one's eyes and ears. In the meantime such statements make their way into the press of the whole world, and civilization is justly indignant. The consequences of such prejudiced statements are incalculable. The Prosecutor clearly recognized the significance of this testimony and exposed the sorry documents in yesterday's proceedings. If weeks or months pass before such testimony is rectified, its initial effect can never be wholly eliminated; but truth suffers and justice is endangered thereby."

Another lawyer then chimed in and stated that maybe the Prosecution knew about wartime Buchenwald prosecutions, but deliberately concealed that.

Dodd wasn't in court that day. He'd gone back to the USA, but a month later, on 1/14/46 he responded to the above criticism. He told the judges the following:

MR. DODD: "I have one other matter that I should like to take up very briefly before the Tribunal this morning. It is concerned with a matter that arose after I had left the courtroom to return to the United States.

On the 13th of December we offered in evidence Document Number 3421-PS, and Exhibit Numbers USA-252 and 254. They were, respectively, the Court will recall, sections of human skin taken from human bodies and preserved; and a human head, the head of a human being, which had been preserved. On the 14th day of December, according to the Record, counsel for the Defendant Kaltenbrunner addressed the Tribunal and complained that the affidavit, which was offered, of one Pfaffenberger, failed to state that the camp commandant at Buchenwald, one Koch, along with his wife, was condemned to death for having committed precisely these atrocities, this business of tanning the skin and preserving the head. And in the course of the discussion before the Tribunal the Record reveals that counsel for the Defendant Bormann, in addressing the Tribunal, stated that it was highly probable that the Prosecution knew that the German authorities had objected to this camp commandant Koch and, in fact, knew that he had been tried and sentenced for doing precisely these things. And there was some intimation, we feel, that the Prosecution, having this knowledge, withheld it from the Tribunal. Now, I wish to say that we had no knowledge at all about this man Koch at the time that we offered the proof; didn't know anything about him except that he had been the commandant, according to the affidavit. But, subsequent to this objection we had an investigation made, and we have found that he was tried in 1944, indeed, by an SS court, but not for having tanned human skin nor having preserved a human head but for having embezzled some money, for what - as the judge who tried him tells us - was a charge of general corruption and for having murdered someone with whom he had some personal difficulties. Indeed, the judge, a Dr. Morgen, tells us that he saw the tattooed human skin and he saw a human head in Commandant Koch's office and that he saw a lampshade there made out of human skin. But there were no charges at the time that he was tried for having done these things."

So Morgen's name enters the court transcript, but as part of a lie Dodd is telling in order to save the integrity of his presentation. Because Morgen never saw a head, tattoos and lampshades in his investigation of Buchenwald. And as mentioned, that charge against Ilse Koch was withdrawn due to lack of evidence. At that point, around January 1946, the Americans start looking for Morgen in Germany. When they find him, they imprison him at Dachau and threaten to turn him over to the Soviets if he doesn't testify that he saw the tattooed human skin, lampshades and shrunken heads. He refuses.

But main point of the above transcript is trying to fathom the poor quality of the prosecution's presentation. The American Prosecution team has a staff of 140 people and access to other department's investigations. The prosecution's knowledge of the concentration camps should be first-rate. Yet they can show a shrunken head but when it comes to a former commander of the camp Karl Koch, Prosecutor Dodd "didn't know anything about him." It's more like they're putting on a show, as in show trial. The quality of the prosecution is even more pathetic when you consider the Pfaffenberger affidavit. When the Americans arrived at Buchenwald, Pfaffenberger wasn't even there. He'd been captured far away on the front 5 months before. He then signed a statement a month later saying he'd been a prisoner at Buchenwald before being drafted into the army. And the interrogators never followed up with any clarifying questions. That's the quality information the judges are hearing at Nuremberg. And the part of Pfaffenberger's statement not read to the court mentions seeing an Austrian politician killed before his very eyes. Never mind that the politician was not at Buchenwald and the politician survived the war. And Pfaffenberger mentions sewage troughs where people were thrown in to drown. Indeed some camps had troughs, but Buchenwald had toilets connected to a sewer system.

Morgen Testifies at Nuremberg
Konrad Morgen was called by a German defense lawyer to testify toward the end of the trial. He couldn't be called before that, because he couldn't be located. The Americans failed to tell the Defense that they had Morgen imprisoned at Dachau. As Morgen was finally in the courtroom waiting for his turn to take the witness stand, he could have looked over at a depressed dejected group of men: The former leaders of Germany, some of whom were undoubtedly taking private note of the pathetic and dishonest nature of the victors' trial. These former leaders were watching the birth of Dystopia and knew this was a "show trial": they knew there was no intention of finding any truth just revenge and hate.

Morgen would have known some of these leaders. Others he had read about many times in the papers. He no doubt had common acquaintances with others. However much he may have disagreed with what they did during and before the war, that didn't change the fact that he was one of the few people who knew, first-hand, that a giant lie called the holocaust was being put on them. And he chose to do what he could to save them.

Morgen couldn't deny the holocaust. If he did that, he wouldn't have been called as a witness in the first place. It would have been too much. It would have hurt the defendants' case. Not to mention that denying the holocaust would also have ended any possibility of a post-war legal career for himself. One need only look at what happened when another German judge, Dr. Wilhelm Stäglich wrote "The Auschwitz Myth" in the mid 1970's: They took his law degree away from him retroactively. Commenting on what defendants in holocaust trials had to do, Robert Faurisson states,

"That ought to remind us of the unfortunates who in the Middle Ages were accused of having met the devil on such and such a day, at such and such an hour, in such and such a place. They would have been able to deny it fiercely. They would have been able to go so far as to say: "You know very well that I could not have met with the devil for one excellent reason, which is that the devil does not exist." The unfortunates would have condemned themselves by such responses. They had only one way out: to play the game of their accusers, to admit that the devil was there without doubt, but ... at the top of the hill, while they themselves, located below, heard the horrible noise (sobs, groans, cries, racket) made by the victims of the devil."

This is speculation but it seems Dr Konrad Morgen created an alternate version of the holocaust where the chain of command bypassed the SS, so that the men on trial (all of whom were in the SS) would be seen as not in the loop. The SS was designated a criminal organization and was accused of implementing the genocide; thus Morgen testified at Nuremberg as a witness for the defense of the SS. Morgen presents an alternate holocaust version: The extermination order, he said, went from Hitler, to Hitler's Chancellery office, to a man in the Criminal Police named Christian Wirth who was not in the SS (who by the way wasn't mentioned in the trial until Morgen mentioned him.) Wirth single-handedly set the whole thing up, using ironically, Jewish recruits. Only a couple lower-level SS even knew, according to Morgen.

Konrad Morgen tells the court how he first learned about the extermination program: It was by way of hearing about an odd wedding at a Jewish Labor camp near Lublin, with an extraordinary amount of invited guests. He says:

"1,100 guests participated in this Jewish wedding. What followed was described as quite extraordinary owing to the gluttonous consumption of food and alcoholic drinks. Among these Jews were members of the camp guard, that is to say some SS men, who joined in this revelry."

This raises serious doubts as to how the official story of interned inmates were supposed to be treated. Who was paying for all this?
Morgan travels to Lublin and talks to an administrator, Christian Wirth, and right away Wirth confesses to an enormous secret killing operation. Morgen then describes how Wirth recruited Jews to kill other Jews.

Morgen said
"Wirth staged an enormous deceptive maneuver. He first selected Jews who would, he thought, serve as column leaders, then these Jews brought along other Jews, who worked under them. With that smaller or medium-sized detachment of Jews, he began to build up the extermination camps. He extended this staff of Jews, and with these Jews Wirth himself carried out the extermination of the Jews.

Wirth said that he had four extermination camps and that about 5,000 Jews were working at the extermination of Jews and the seizure of Jewish property. In order to win Jews for this business of extermination and plundering of their brethren of race and creed, Wirth gave them every freedom and, so to speak, gave them a financial interest in the spoliation of the dead victims. As a result of this attitude, this sumptuous Jewish wedding had come about."

But the Nuremberg Court is gullible it would seem. They believed the shrunken heads story, they also believed this testimony. But fathom the absurdity of the story: a wedding of 1,100 guests and the reason the Jews are friends with one another is they are in on a multi-level scheme of killing other Jews and taking their money. So enthusiastic are they, that they even invite the Germans to celebrate with them. Morgen is filling-in a vacuum because the prosecution was not able to explain the inner workings of the alleged genocide, and Morgen knew enough to be able to fabricate that. And it appears that Thomas Dodd is buying the story up to this point. Why else would he interject with the following?

MR. DODD: "Mr. President, we do not have the first responsibility, of course, for this defense. But I have discussed with Mr. Elwyn Jones my objection, he has it in here, and he finds no fault with it. It seems to me that what we are hearing here is a lecture on the Prosecution's case, and I do not see how it in any sense can be said to be a defense of the SS."

When Morgen gets to Auschwitz, he mentions that the killing happened in a section called Monowitz. Some of the Germans on trial, in their mix of depression, daydreaming, worrrying, and thinking, might have been actually listening to the proceedings. If so they might have pricked up their ears on hearing the word "Monowitz" and realized that Morgen was creating a fake story to try and help them. As leaders of the government, they would have known that Monowitz was a giant industrial section of Auschwitz that was run by private companies. The killing couldn't have happened there. Morgen adds a description so that no one can later say it was a slip of the tongue and he meant Birkenau.

"The Extermination Camp Monowitz lay far away from the concentration camp. It was situated on an extensive industrial site and was not recognizable as such and everywhere on the horizon there were smoking chimneys."

Morgen then describes a secret killing operation comprised of non-Germans dressed up as SS officers. But what Morgen is trying to do is not easy, because lies inherently have problems. As we've seen. And the right question can expose the problem. The presiding judge starts asking him such questions. Morgen does his best, though it comes off a little non sequitur. Here's a part of it:

MORGEN: They wore SS uniforms.
THE PRESIDENT: Didn't you take the trouble to ascertain whether they were proper members of the SS?
MORGEN: I said that they were people from the Eastern territories.
THE PRESIDENT: I do not care what you have already said. What I asked you was, didn't you take the trouble to ascertain whether they were members of the SS?
MORGEN: I beg your pardon, Your Lordship. I do not understand your question. They could not be members of the General SS. As far as I could learn, they were volunteers and draftees who had been recruited ' in the Baltic countries where they had carried out security tasks, and who were then somehow especially selected and sent to Auschwitz and Monowitz. These were special troops, who had only this particular task and no other. They were completely outside of the Waffen-SS ...
THE PRESIDENT: I didn't ask you if they were in the Waffen SS. Did you ask questions as to why they were put into SS uniforms?
MORGEN: No, I did not ask that question. It seemed incomprehensible to me. It is probably due to the fact that the commander of the Concentration Camp Auschwitz ...
THE PRESIDENT: Wait a minute. You said, as I understand it, that you considered it incomprehensible why they wore the SS uniforms. Didn't you say that?

Truth can be examined and prodded from every single angle and hold up. It's ironic that Morgen's made-up story is having a hard time holding up to the proddings of the judge's questions. Ironic because the entire holocaust story has a hard time holding up to Morgen's wartime activities.

Despite Morgen's attempt at Nuremberg, the Germans were mostly sentenced to death. He did what he could.

Morgen went on to have a successful law practice in Frankfurt, West Germany. He died in 1982. Unbelievably, holocaust scholars tend to process him into a "righteous gentile."37 Someone who tried to stop the killing from the inside. Like Oskar Schindler, except Morgen's character didn't make it into the movie Schindler's List. It should have because that movie is based on a Plaszow camp commander named Amon Göth, who in reality existed, and who in reality Konrad Morgen arrested and imprisoned. But can you imagine if toward the end of the movie Schindler's List, the Nazis themselves arrest the head of the camp? That couldn't be included. It wouldn't have flown with the message Steven Spielberg was trying to put across. Morgen's actions, once again, would have thrown a wrench into the works of the story.
Wenn wir die Flagge, die wir aus dem Nichts gerissen haben, nicht halten können, müssen Sie, meine Söhne und Töchter, greifendie Fahne in deiner Faust...Führer der NSDAP Adolf Hitler
𝕹𝕾𝕯𝕬𝕻