The Recent Mass Banning

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
Turnagain
Posts: 9040
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Turnagain »

Oh, balls. Tell 'em to bugger off, DC. Nobody got hurt from a 24 hour vacation from RODOH and it woke up some of the worst offenders. So what if somebody didn't "deserve" a tune up. We have people bitching about your shotgun approach. Nobody is perfect so screw 'em. No apologies or explanations are needed. At best you have a thankless damn job.

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!


User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 8459
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Γ–sterreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 am
Oh, balls. Tell 'em to bugger off, DC. Nobody got hurt from a 24 hour vacation from RODOH and it woke up some of the worst offenders. So what if somebody didn't "deserve" a tune up. We have people bitching about your shotgun approach. Nobody is perfect so screw 'em. No apologies or explanations are needed. At best you have a thankless damn job.
Yup no issues, shit happens :). Just don't screw up again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


π–€π–’π–†π–—π–’π–Š π–‰π–†π–˜ π•·π–Šπ–‡π–Šπ–“, π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™ π–†π–šπ–˜π–‡π–Šπ–šπ–™π–Šπ–“.
Amt IV

User avatar
been-there
Propositions Moderator
Posts: 9769
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by been-there »

Depth Check wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:41 pm
I am not long home and I am feeling very tired therefore I will reply to any complaints about the mass banning in this topic tomorrow. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who believes they are innocent and didn't deserve being told to sit on the bench.
Turnagain wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 am
...Nobody got hurt from a 24 hour vacation from RODOH
Ok. Then how is it a deterrent for bad behaviour?

I actually agree with you.
So in this case it was merely an exasperation for those who feel it did the opposite of what DC said was the intention.
And a mild irritation as I lost a post I'd spent about 20 minutes on writing because my banning occurred seconds before sending it. I know this as I was periodically previewing it without hindrance.

Turnagain wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 am
...and it woke up some of the worst offenders.
Woke them up? How.
Q1. Did you see the response from Asher Cohen?
Q2. Do you see how the discussion of David Baddiel's misleading BBC2 programme has been derailed?

Turnagain wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 am
So what if somebody didn't "deserve" a tune up.
That's not really my issue.
This confirms that you haven't understood the point of my response.

Turnagain wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 am
We have people bitching about your [Depth Check'] shotgun approach.
Certain notorious trolls β€” who are here ONLY to provoke and disrupt β€œthe smooth running of the forum” β€” I'm sure were delighted. Thus they were not "bitching" but crowing.
Which is why I suggest a rethink might be useful.

SUMMARY:
1. I'm suggesting that a 24 hour ban does not deter those whose sole mission is to disrupt, provoke, ridicule and irritate.
2. I am also suggesting that such people were delighted by the banning and the response of regulars who were irritated/exasperated.
3. Finally I'm suggesting that the "smooth running of the forum" would be better maintained by longer or permanent bans of obvious deliberate time-wasters.
4. Exile to Siberia also doesn't work if others follow the culprits there and continue to discuss. Er... exactly as Werd has done and is doing right now.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 8459
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Γ–sterreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Huntinger »

been-there wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 am

SUMMARY:
1. I'm suggesting that a 24 hour ban does not deter those whose sole mission is to disrupt, provoke, ridicule and irritate.
2. I am also suggesting that such people were delighted by the banning and the response of regulars who were irritated/exassperated.
3. Finally I'm suggesting that the "smooth running of the forum" would be better maintained by longer or permanent bans of obvious deliberate time-wasters.
It is clear that Asher is AfG, I also clearly identified Lupus. They are both trolls, and I do not use that term lightly.
Neither of these people had anything to add except as you say, disrupt, provoke, ridicule, sneer and irritate.
At the moment Lupus is carrying on talking about hermetic seals, wood burning without looking at the huge amount of evidence and calculation already presented; like Nessie he takes it back to square one; they all do.
They constantly claim "no evidence" but when given it is glibly dismissed.

However, it (the bannings) happened; I sincerely think that the moderator is at fault in most instances and needs
die Sonderbehandlung. :mrgreen: However, what is done is done; I know what it is like to lose a post. In future Alle Trolljuden werden ignoriert. Treat them like COVID 19; keep your distance. Π§Ρ‚ΠΎ-Ρ‚ΠΎ Π½ΠΈΠΊΠΎΠ³Π΄Π° Π½Π΅ измСнится.
Image
ЕврСйский Вирус


π–€π–’π–†π–—π–’π–Š π–‰π–†π–˜ π•·π–Šπ–‡π–Šπ–“, π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™ π–†π–šπ–˜π–‡π–Šπ–šπ–™π–Šπ–“.
Amt IV

Turnagain
Posts: 9040
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Turnagain »

OK, go ahead and piss and moan about DC's action, been there. In any event, it's over and done with so why don't you just give it a rest?

User avatar
been-there
Propositions Moderator
Posts: 9769
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by been-there »

Turnagain wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 am
...In any event, it's over and done with so why don't you just give it a rest?
Erm... I just explained why? :?

You didn't understand yet again? Wow. :o

Suprising.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Turnagain
Posts: 9040
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Turnagain »

Yeah, I understand. You're using this for a reason to piss and moan about DC's moderation decisions.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 8459
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Γ–sterreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 am
Yeah, I understand. You're using this for a reason to piss and moan about DC's moderation decisions.
We have said our piece, time to move forward. It is simply not worth crying over spilt milk. There are lies to challenge,upstairs, lets do this.


π–€π–’π–†π–—π–’π–Š π–‰π–†π–˜ π•·π–Šπ–‡π–Šπ–“, π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™ π–†π–šπ–˜π–‡π–Šπ–šπ–™π–Šπ–“.
Amt IV

Turnagain
Posts: 9040
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Turnagain »

Couldn't agree more, Hunt.

Jeffk1970
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:24 pm
Contact:

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Jeffk1970 »

I’m fine with it as it was applied evenly across the board. I was initially irritated but when I saw who DC banned along with me I took it in stride...unlike some who are currently whining about it.
:)

I think Werd should’ve been included considering his off topic comment brought me here in the first place. But it’s water under the bridge. I’ve taken bans before. So what? I think we all have. It’s the first time I’ve seen this many at one time but OK.

In any case I’m done for a bit.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: YaCy [Bot] and 2 guests