Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch.

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
Charles Traynor

Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch.

Post by Charles Traynor »

Online data collection has now gone well beyond the realms of 1984. I installed some new larger ssd drives in my computer and finally migrated to Windows 10 this morning (in fact I am still shifting data between drives). I had to turn off probably ¾ of the presets in Windows to stop Microsoft spying on me and even then I bet I have probably missed a few. Not that it really matters because the entire OS is backdoored by the U.S. government.

When we remember that practically every app installed on our handys (cell phones) turns them into high quality bugging and tracking devices we are well and truly screwed. Particularly when we know the Jew controls all the popular social media apps in widespread use today. Even if you are diligent in protecting your own online security it is guaranteed most of your friends won’t be, and communicating with them will be the avenue which allows the cops to eventually take you down and throw you behind bars.

Review: Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch.

Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better.

By Geoffrey A. Fowler | The Washington Post Columnist

You open your browser to look at the web. Do you know who is looking back at you?

Over a recent week of web surfing, I peered under the hood of Google Chrome and found it brought along a few thousand friends. Shopping, news and even government sites quietly tagged my browser to let ad and data companies ride shotgun while I clicked around the web.

This was made possible by the web’s biggest snoop of all: Google. Seen from the inside, its Chrome browser looks a lot like surveillance software.

Lately I’ve been investigating the secret life of my data, running experiments to see what technology really is up to under the cover of privacy policies that nobody reads. It turns out, having the world’s biggest advertising company make the most-popular web browser was about as smart as letting kids run a candy shop.

It made me decide to ditch Chrome for a new version of nonprofit Mozilla’s Firefox, which has default privacy protections. Switching involved less inconvenience than you might imagine.

My tests of Chrome versus Firefox unearthed a personal data caper of absurd proportions. In a week of web surfing on my desktop, I discovered 11,189 requests for tracker “cookies” that Chrome would have ushered right onto my computer, but were automatically blocked by Firefox. These little files are the hooks that data firms, including Google itself, use to follow what websites you visit so they can build profiles of your interests, income and personality.

Chrome welcomed trackers even at websites you’d think would be private. I watched Aetna and the Federal Student Aid website set cookies for Facebook and Google. They surreptitiously told the data giants every time I pulled up the insurance and loan service’s log-in pages.

And that’s not the half of it.

Look in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. See a picture or a name in the circle? If so, you’re logged in to the browser, and Google might be tapping into your web activity to target ads. Don’t recall signing in? I didn’t, either. Chrome recently started doing that automatically when you use Gmail.
Full article here
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

Huntinger

Re: Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch.

Post by Huntinger »

I now use Go Duck Go. Ich will nichts von Juden.

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

Huntinger

YouTube censoring

Post by Huntinger »

Google Chrome is reading the metadata. They are also reading GMail...try writing to friends that you like a product and sure enough the ads will start appearing for that product.
YouTube is not only censoring it is in the business of "terminating" accounts, not based on videos uploaded but on ancient comments. YouTube’s new terms of services allow the video sharing platform to terminate accounts that are not commercially viable.
It is estimated that Google permanently deletes over 10,000 YouTube accounts every single day. I can see them going the same direction as "my space".
This is no great loss as Vimeo is better.

Google is run by der Juden and like all products they peddle should be avoided. Opera and Firefox are great alternative browers; set go duck go as your default search engine.

The more these Juden censor to manipulate history and thought, the greater awareness the public have of their agenda. Shun der jude.

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

TheGodfather

Re: Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch.

Post by TheGodfather »

My comments on YouTube get shadow-banned most of the time.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: YouTube censoring

Post by been-there »

Huntinger wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:36 am
Google is run by der Juden and like all products they peddle should be avoided. Opera and Firefox are great alternative browers; set go duck go as your default search engine.

The more these Juden censor to manipulate history and thought, the greater awareness the public have of their agenda. Shun der jude.
Vimeo was founded in November 2004 by Jake Lodwick and Zach Klein.

One of the early employers and partners who owned 41% of the company behind Vimeo was Joshua Abramson. [https://www.quora.com/How-exactly-were- ... eir-equity]