Sergey Romanov shows his true colours

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
Charles Traynor

Sergey Romanov shows his true colours

Post by Charles Traynor » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:05 pm

The Holocaust Controversies group have always attempted to portray themselves as being reasonable individuals who believe in free and open debate on the holocaust. Below we see Sergey Romanov showing his true colours by retweeting advice from a Mr. M. Kelly on how to get your opponents Twitter accounts deleted.

If the HC crew genuinely believed in the holocaust they would be using serious scholarly work to silence their opponents rather than censorship.

Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Charles Traynor

Re: Sergey Romanov shows his true colours

Post by Charles Traynor » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Nessie's1 contribution to this topic thus far is an off topic rant which was removed by the Admin staff. One would have thought someone who spends so much of his time at RODOH bitching about censorship (he is too stupid to follow the formal debate rules) would condemn the HC groups2 Sergey Romanov for attempting to censor the Twitter network and have users banned. Nessie's failure to condemn Romanov's dirty tricks campaign brand him now and forever a dishonest hypocrite.

1 Nessie is a self admitted Hasbara troll (thank you Henry):

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 40#p549785

2 The Holocaust Controversies group like to present themselves as a serious holocaust research group. Indeed several of the group are academics and hold teaching positions in places of higher education. However, if one takes the time to look a little closer at their activities one finds members of the group are involved in underhand conduct as per the OP, and borderline criminality such as cyber warfare. The HC crew use their own names when posting at the HC site, therefore, one has to ask why they use anonymous accounts here? Surely if they actually believed in the holocaust they would be using serious research and cold hard facts to deliver the final knockout blow to holocaust revisionism. Instead they sneak about like rats hiding behind anonymous user accounts whilst engaging in behaviour they would be ashamed for their family, friends and work colleagues to learn about.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Mark Caine

Post by Mark Caine » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:35 pm

The silence from Jeffk1970 is deafening. It appears he too supports Romanov's underhand efforts to censor the Internet.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm

My alleged off topic rant was explaining why, since serious scholarship has been ignored by deniers, that other methods are being used to tackle and challenge denialism.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Mark Caine

Post by Mark Caine » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Nessie wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm
My alleged off topic rant was explaining why, since serious scholarship has been ignored by deniers, that other methods are being used to tackle and challenge denialism.

Why don't you try dealing with the OP. Will you condemn Sergey Romanov for attempting to censor the Internet? Yes or No?

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Mark Caine wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 pm
Nessie wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Why don't you try dealing with the OP. Will you condemn Sergey Romanov for attempting to censor the Internet? Yes or No?
There is no evidence he is censoring the internet. Tackling right wing hate speech is not censoring the internet.

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Werd

Post by Werd » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Nessie sure loves his euphemisms. :roll:

Matt Kelly figured out a roundabout way to remove revisionists from Twitter by forming an anti revisionist cheerleader group that will complain en masse until they get what they want. They know damn well how they can threaten twitter. Imagine the following: "Twitter supports holocaust deniers." And Twitter will go. "No we don't. Oh fuck we better bow to them and remove the revisionist voice to save our public image."

Anti revisionists love to pretend the playing field is even and that Joe Q Public hasn't been taught in school to castigate revisionists as holocaust deniers and think they deserve equal time to be heard. How many times has D. Lipdstadt's view been echoed out of her book by others? That we don't dignify revisionists in the first place. Simply removing them from twitter based on enough complaints is holding to basically the same sentiment of hers. The result is the same.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 pm

I used no euphemism. Tacking hate speech is not censoring the internet.

Werd

Post by Werd » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Nessie idea of tackling includes Matt's idea of complaining to Twitter until they get what they want with the subtle threat of Twitter's public image going in the toilet as motivation to remove revisionists from twitter. Nessie is FINE with this campaign that will effectively have revisionists removed from twitter. He is fooling nobody.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Werd wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:46 pm
Nessie idea of tackling includes Matt's idea of complaining to Twitter until they get what they want with the subtle threat of Twitter's public image going in the toilet as motivation to remove revisionists from twitter. Nessie is FINE with this campaign that will effectively have revisionists removed from twitter. He is fooling nobody.
The vast majority of revisionists are also racists and anti-Semitic. It is their problem that their hate speech results in them getting removed from twitter.