Open Thread for COMMENTS questions in new subforum

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
Charles Traynor

Re: Open Thread for COMMENTS questions in new subforum

Post by Charles Traynor » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:26 pm

A short list of individuals who have in the past claimed to want free and honest debate on the holocaust. Watch them scurry away and crawl back into their underground lairs now that RODOH's formal debate forum has made that dream become a reality:

Jon Harrison
Balmoral
NexGen 586
Statistical Mechanic
Roberto
Nessie
Andy Mathis Ph.D
V. K. Clarke
Jeff_36
Cerdic
Sergey Romanov
Hans
David Wolfe
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:29 pm

I was advised to create a new username for my role as a moderator. Which would have avoided the current personal attacks.
I was tempted, as it would certainly have made my job easier. No-one would have known who I was, nor what my own current leaning is. But I declined as I wanted there to be total transparency.
I have nothing to hide and in the interests of openess and integrity of discussion felt it better to let people know who is moderating, and who they are dealing with.
Basically, I want this discussion forum to be nothing like the shenanigans that have gone on with Duke schizophrenically talking with himself as Joe Future, and nothing like the anonymous abuse of power and censcorship of opinions based on personal opinion that has happened at Codoh, which I presume we are all familiar with.
So anyone who is prepared to abide by the rules has nothing to be afraid of from me and my moderation. As long as contributors follow these few rules and have got their data-ducks in line, with verifiable references instead of unsupported opinion, then this could be what I think everyone SHOULD want if they are genuinely interested in genuine, reasonable discussion of the actual areas of contention or uncertainty. ONLY those who have an agenda OTHER than that, — e.g. whose motivation is to sabotage meaningful and mutually illuminating discussion — need be concerned.

Wilf has been a great inspiration. An informed, courteous, warm-hearted and generous debater who treated EVERYONE with respect and friendliness. Something for me to aspire to. If you read this Wilf, you have my RESPECT. I salute you.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

DasPrussian

Post by DasPrussian » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Is there really any need for another sub-forum ? I'm still scratching my head about the relevance of this one - 'The Memory Hole' !!

Surely the Lounge can accommodate the Memory Hole topics, and this new 'Formal Propositions' rubbish can be strangled at birth and thrown back in with the main HGDD .

No prizes for guessing who came up with the pretentious pseudo intellectual heading. What does he think this is ? The South Bank Show ** ? The Oxford University Debating Society ? The House of Lords ?

** High-brow arts and literary review programme on British TV presented by Melvyn Bragg ( nasally toned professional chin stroker with floppy hair)
All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Scott wrote:You don't have anything to lose by trying. Just keep it simple and concise and to the point and it should be fine when published in the new subforum.

This new "Propositions ..." subforum will be a nice collection of different ideas without ad hominems for a change.

:)
Exactly! The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Only someone working to an agenda would begin questioning been-there's competence to be a Moderator to the extent Nessie has done here. Let's wait and see how this plays out before we begin putting people down.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:15 pm

DasPrussian wrote:Is there really any need for another sub-forum ? I'm still scratching my head about the relevance of this one - 'The Memory Hole' !!

Surely the Lounge can accommodate the Memory Hole topics, and this new 'Formal Propositions' rubbish can be strangled at birth and thrown back in with the main HGDD .

No prizes for guessing who came up with the pretentious pseudo intellectual heading. What does he think this is ? The South Bank Show ** ? The Oxford University Debating Society ? The House of Lords ?

** High-brow arts and literary review programme on British TV presented by Melvyn Bragg ( nasally toned professional chin stroker with floppy hair)
It is easy to see why you are miffed about the new forum. You can't string two sentences together without becoming abusive, therefore, you automatically exclude yourself from posting by default, unless you clean your act up. Which we all know isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:20 pm

DasPrussian wrote:Is there really any need for another sub-forum ? I'm still scratching my head about the relevance of this one.
No prizes for guessing who came up with the pretentious pseudo intellectual heading.
If you guessed I came up with the name for the new forum, you guessed 100% wrong. So full marks for consistently relying on innaccurate suppositions.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

DasPrussian

Post by DasPrussian » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:52 pm

been-there wrote:
DasPrussian wrote:Is there really any need for another sub-forum ? I'm still scratching my head about the relevance of this one.
No prizes for guessing who came up with the pretentious pseudo intellectual heading.
If you guessed I came up with the name for the new forum, you guessed 100% wrong. So full marks for consistently relying on innaccurate suppositions.
What did you want to call it then ? "Systematic Concepts Reflecting Proportional Proclamations" ? "Reflections of a Non-Prosaic Hypothesis " ?

I have a formal proposition for you, BT ....... I propose you stop being a twat :lol: :lol: !

DasPrussian

Post by DasPrussian » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Charles Traynor wrote: is easy to see why you are miffed about the new forum. You can't string two sentences together without becoming abusive, therefore, you automatically exclude yourself from posting by default, unless you clean your act up. Which we all know isn't likely to happen anytime soon.
Why would I want to post anything on this new sub-forum anyway? Any 'formal propositions' I have can be 'formally propositioned' on the main forum. Doing this would also have the benefit of not been moderated by a Jew-obsessed crank.

But lets be honest here, the chances of you posting anything on it are even slimmer than mine, but for different reasons. I could easily muster up some posts actually about the holocaust if I could be bothered, but judging on the calibre and content of your usual output, you'd be lucky if they even generated a 'like' from Herman the German on Jim Rizolli's youtube page never mind get past BT's 'jacket and tie, strictly no trainers' entrance policy.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Put a sock in it, lad.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:31 pm

RODOH's innovative move of introducing a formal debate forum to the board seems to have caught the usual suspects completely off guard. They are currently attempting to justify their group cowardice with a stream of insulting posts.

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Been-there's mental masturbation forum in which stepped out, thorough, and comprehensive posts destroying his BS will be prohibited as "walls of text"; judging from the title of the announcement for the new Rodoh forum, the main thing is that the forum has "Rules" and lots of them, all reflecting been-there's long-standing pet peeves - the corollary is that been-there's the moderator and will enforce the rules! The silliest part of this very silly exercise is been-there pretending that there's no history, but rather a virtuous circle of mutual respect, in discussions of HD . . . LOLBeen-there's mental masturbation forum in which stepped out, thorough, and comprehensive posts destroying his BS will be prohibited as "walls of text"; judging from the title of the announcement for the new Rodoh forum, the main thing is that the forum has "Rules" and lots of them, all reflecting been-there's long-standing pet peeves - the corollary is that been-there's the moderator and will enforce the rules! The silliest part of this very silly exercise is been-there pretending that there's no history, but rather a virtuous circle of mutual respect, in discussions of HD . . . LOL
Jeff_36 wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:been_there? really? If Smith had half a brain left , he'd realize that stupid {!#%@} drove most people away from bothering to read the crap there.... but of course Smith makes him a mod....the blind leading the retarded... or maybe the other way around. Doesn't matter; the forum is crap as a whole (or hole).
If CODOH is The Cesspit then RODOH is The Shithole.

Been-there's ignorance can be shocking at times.
Xcalibur wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:been_there? really? If Smith had half a brain left , he'd realize that stupid {!#%@} drove most people away from bothering to read the crap there.... but of course Smith makes him a mod....the blind leading the retarded... or maybe the other way around. Doesn't matter; the forum is crap as a whole (or hole).
If CODOH is The Cesspit then RODOH is The Shithole.

Been-there's ignorance can be shocking at times.
Been there is so {!#%@} stupid it beggars understanding. He's a moron and an embarrassment, eh Mr. Smith? Fish?
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:Been there is so {!#%@} stupid it beggars understanding. He's a moron and an embarrassment, eh Mr. Smith? Fish?
but he has RULES, the best rules, the most rules, rules that will cause your head to spin, better rules than anyone else's rules, rules that will make RODOH great again . . .