Open Thread for COMMENTS questions in new subforum

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
Hüntinger

Re: Open Thread for COMMENTS questions in new subforum

Post by Hüntinger »

Nessie wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 09:08 So, instantly, the supposed debate grinds to a halt.
Be a leader and start the debate yourself with a small well researched introduction to the issue.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

If anyone cares to read the following exchange between myself and Bobcat, you will see the problems with debating him.

He posts here;

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192072#p192072

and questions why I say 11 graves, when the photo has 12 numbered "probable" pits. I then reply by showing there is a mistake with the photo and in the report, which I link to, one definitely and maybe two are structures, not pits, hence my answer was 11.

We then go on and here I pick him up on another issue;

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192178#p192178

The issue is about the use of the word "unearthing". Nothing was unearthed at TII during the C S-C survey, so the answer to that question is not 11, it is 0.

That is when I check back and I cannot find the post where Bobcat originally asked me that question and I answered 11. I challenge him about that and he repeatedly asks me to show him which post I mean and I repeatedly link him to it and then he just asks me again. I am also now asking him about another question I have supposedly answered here;

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192323#p192323

So, in that thread, he is asking me questions and then filling in his own answer. In the debate thread he has started off by posting what I told him would be my first question, which he has not answered. At the moment, he will only answer questions he has posed himself and when I do ask him a question, he refuses to answer.

Bobcats behaviour is as expected, he is trying to dodge an open debate, with both sides asking and answering questions.
been-there

Post by been-there »

Nessie wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 09:52 ...In the debate thread he has started off by posting what I told him would be my first question,...

Bobcats behaviour is as expected, he is trying to dodge an open debate, with both sides asking and answering questions.
Hmmmm? So... Bobcat has started off a topic of debate WITH YOU — as agreed — over on the ‘propositions’ forum. And YOU haven’t yet replied there to that starting post, and are instead STILL whinging and prevaricating here.

But in your mind you think it is he who is trying to “dodge an open debate”!? :o

:?
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

been-there wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 10:53
Nessie wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 09:52 ...In the debate thread he has started off by posting what I told him would be my first question,...

Hmmmm? So... Bobcat has started off a topic of debate WITH YOU — as agreed — over on the ‘propositions’ forum. And YOU haven’t yet replied there to that starting post, and are instead STILL whinging and prevaricating here.

But in your mind you think it is he who is trying to “dodge an open debate”!? :o

:?
He chose to open the debate, with my question to him. I am waiting for him to answer.
been-there

Post by been-there »

Here is a little info for those following the debate between Bobcat and Nessie.

I have approved Nessie’s first contribution, although it DID NOT FOLLOW THE RULES but included a completely unnecessary, rather snide, bad-faith, provocative comment.
In this occassion I didn’t disapprove and return it to him notifying him of the rule-infringing sentences. That is what I SHOULD have done. But I didn't. In the interests of complete transparency, I thought people ought to know. But I felt otherwise this would never get going. So on this occassion I just deleted it.

He submitted an opening sentence with this:

Bobcat, as requested, to make it "official", here is my question, that you have already acknowledged here and been asked on another thread and refused to answer. I hope you will answer it now.

:roll:
-- Anonymous
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

The reason why I included the comment "Bobcat, as requested, to make it "official", here is my question, that you have already acknowledged here and been asked on another thread." is because I do not believe Bobcat is acting in good faith and he intends to dodge any question I ask him.

He has gone on to do that, whereby in his next post he said "Before I address your question..."

In my previous debate with him here;

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4488

He would repeatedly dodge answering my questions, often using the tactic of wanting various questions answered before he would finally answer my question. That is why I requested and he agreed to one question per post.

As you can see, he has gone on to break that agreed upon rule here;

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192418#p192418

He asks me 8 questions.

Furthermore, he has been shown to have lied. He claimed that I admitted that there is no archaeological proof of graves at TII. Despite me making it clear that claim was not true, when I said "The topic was my supposed admission there is no archaeological proof of mass graves..." and giving him a full explanation of what archaeology can and cannot prove here;

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192116#p192116

Bobcat continued with his lie versions of what I have said here;

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192123#p192123

"He also claims that it has been conclusively proven "with verifiable archaeological evidence" that no less than 831,000 people were buried in no less than 11 mass graves at TII."

He said that despite me saying and him quoting "Many answers do not come from archaeology, instead they come from other sources of evidence about the camp, which you are very reluctant to discuss."

Bobcat is refusing to abide by rules he agreed upon and is not debating in good faith, whereby he lies and makes up claims I have supposedly made and when he is caught out, he dodges. Remember, this is what Bobcat demands-

"Nessie and Bobcat each defend any statement of fact that can be attributed to them found in the "Nessie's Admission That there Is No Archaeological Proof Of Mass Graves At Treblinka II" thread. (It must be a verbatim statement of fact copied and pasted from said thread.)"

Bobcat needs to defend his claim that I admitted there is no archaeological proof, in that thread. He has broken the rules by taking quotes from other threads, none of which are me admitting there is no archaeological proof. I have shown that he lied with the title of the thread. By his rules, I am the winner.
been-there

Post by been-there »

I just approved a post from Bobcat that also infringed the rules.
But as this debate is so unlike anything that was intended with that sub-forum, I do not think it necessary to return offending posts with explanations. So again I just deleted the offending sentences.
Here on this occassion it was these:
“Your desperation is palpable Nessie.”
and
“- so your entire point is not only moot, but childishly so.”

Both of you are requested to reacqaint yourselves with the rules.
-- Anonymous
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

I have noticed that under Bobcat's submission here;

it states "Last edited by Bobcat on Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:06 am, edited 12 times in total." Twelve edits!!! How many of them were after I had replied?

I have tried as a test an edit of my last post, all I did was add a full stop at the end, so there are now two. I now get a message "This post is not visible to other users until it has been approved by a moderator."

Editing posts after they have been replied to should not be allowed.
been-there

Post by been-there »

Nessie wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 18:55 I have noticed that under Bobcat's submission here;

it states "Last edited by Bobcat on Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:06 am, edited 12 times in total." Twelve edits!!! How many of them were after I had replied?

I have tried as a test an edit of my last post, all I did was add a full stop at the end, so there are now two. I now get a message "This post is not visible to other users until it has been approved by a moderator."

It isn’t allowed.
NONE of them were after you had replied.
I was suprised to see that appear after it was approved. I don’t understand it.
Plus...
I didn’t realise your very recent new post was an amended previous post as a test
Please don’t mess about like that.
Just stick to the debate and if you have questions or complaints make them here, or if you prefer in a private message.

I regret accepting your debate there now. Neither of you are adding any light to the holocaust debate nor providing any meaningful information about any aspect of it. It appears to be a rather arcane and obscure private disagreement.
-- Anonymous
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

been-there wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 19:03
Nessie wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 18:55 I have noticed that under Bobcat's submission here;

It isn’t allowed.
NONE of them were after you had replied.
I was suprised to see that appear after it was approved. I don’t understand it.
Plus...
I didn’t realise your very recent new post was an amended previous post as a test
Please don’t mess about like that.
Just stick to the debate and if you have questions or complaints make them here, or if you prefer in a private message.

I regret accepting your debate there now. Neither of you are adding any light to the holocaust debate nor providing any meaningful information about any aspect of it. It appears to be a rather arcane and obscure private disagreement.
You have hit the nail on the head, it is a rather arcane and obscure private argument. I am puzzled as to why you think otherwise. Did you think you would learn something from Bobcat about the archaeology and forensic evidence at the AR camps?