Presentation and Index

Roberto

Presentation and Index

Post by Roberto » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:30 pm

In 2004 the now extinct original RODOH forum hosted a debate between the "Negationist Team", led nominally by the late Dr. Robert Countess and effectively by Scott Smith, and the "Veritas Team", led by Stephen Mock.

The topic of the debate was the following:

"Resolved, at Auschwitz/Birkenau between 1941 and 1944, a) people were killed in homicidal gas chambers employing Zyklon B, and b) this killing claimed hundreds of thousands of victims."

The present section is dedicated to reconstructing the submissions of that debate, called the "Scholars Debate", based on the corresponding files I kept.

Each submission will have one thread, and the index below will link to the respective thread after it has been completed.

In order to preserve the authenticity of the original debate, I shall post the submissions of both teams exactly as I recorded them, including spelling or grammatical errors. The only modification I intend to make concerns links. Where a link contained in a submission is broken, I shall if possible replace such broken link with a working link to a site containing the information that the original link was meant to provide access to.

Index of the "Scholars Debate"

Negationist Team Opening Statement (3/15/04)

Veritas Team Opening Statement (4/2/04)

Negationist Team Response (5/19/04)

Veritas Team Response (5/28/2004)

Negationist Team 2nd Response (6/22/2004)

Veritas Team Second Response (8/6/04)

Negationist Team 3rd Response (9/29/04)

Veritas Team Third Response (12/26/2004)
Denial of generally known historical facts should not be punishable. For those who maintain, for instance, that Germany did not take part in World War I or that Adenauer fought at Issus in 333, their own stupidity is punishment enough. The same should apply to the denial of the horrors and crimes of the recent German past.
~ A German jurist by the name of Baumann in the German juridical magazine NJW, quoted in: Bailer-Galanda/Benz/Neugebauer (ed.), Die Auschwitzleugner, Berlin 1996, page 261 (my translation).