Exceptionally good discussion about Schindler's list

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
blake121666

Exceptionally good discussion about Schindler's list

Post by blake121666 »

I listened to this earlier tonight:

FILM REVIEW - SCHINDLER'S LIST

Which is a discussion by Mark Collett and 3 other people about the movie Schindler's list. I figured someone else on this board would've mentioned this but didn't see that and don't have time tonight to view the latest messages.

I figured I'd put out the link before going to sleep - without remarking on this right now.

I think this falls right up the alley of the sort of thing Been-There would be interested in: the media presentation of Holocaust issues (Holocaust Industry, ... etc).

I very much enjoyed this and will comment some later time about some of the things they brought up in this discussion. I'm tired and going to sleep right now though.

I think you'll probably enjoy this one, BT; give it a listen. I think everyone here would probably like this one, actually ... more intelligent discussion than one typically hears. There's alot of food for thought in this.

I very much enjoyed it.

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Loog

Re: Exceptionally good discussion about Schindler's list

Post by Loog »

Yes I'm enjoying this a lot and there's much to talk to about (and I still haven't finished), but once they started talking about the film's historical accuracy basically everything they said was wrong - I watched the movie last year, and think it has some problems, but their objections are pretty asinine

To start with the notion that the film was trying to paint the white race/ Germans as innately murderous, sociopathic etc . . . lol the main character and hero is a German. They claim that he is working in the service of the Jews and against his own people, but in the universe of the film what is he doing that is objectionable on any level? Saving innocents from being murdered? If he sabotages a regime by producing faulty armaments, is it relevant that this regime is committing mass murder of defenseless people?

An interesting question for deniers: if indeed the orthodox version of events is more or less accurate, would you still have supported the Nazi government?

As a sidenote Blake, you can choose to answer or ignore this, you affirm the orthodox position correct? Yet you also uphold white nationalist/anti-Semitic worldview? People like you are quite interesting to me.
Last edited by Loog on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

blake121666 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:53 am
I listened to this earlier tonight:

FILM REVIEW - SCHINDLER'S LIST

Which is a discussion by Mark Collett and 3 other people about the movie Schindler's list. I figured someone else on this board would've mentioned this but didn't see that and don't have time tonight to view the latest messages.

I figured I'd put out the link before going to sleep - without remarking on this right now.

I think this falls right up the alley of the sort of thing Been-There would be interested in: the media presentation of Holocaust issues (Holocaust Industry, ... etc).

I very much enjoyed this and will comment some later time about some of the things they brought up in this discussion. I'm tired and going to sleep right now though.

I think you'll probably enjoy this one, BT; give it a listen. I think everyone here would probably like this one, actually ... more intelligent discussion than one typically hears. There's alot of food for thought in this.

I very much enjoyed it.
Thanks for the recommendation, Blake.
I will check it out.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Jeff 8675309

Post by Jeff 8675309 »

Never seen it. I suppose I’ll get around to it some day. It pops up on Netflix on occasion.

torus9

Post by torus9 »

Pleased to say that I've never seen it and never will.

Kensuke

Post by Kensuke »

I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm thinking of trying. Usually, I watch more movies and series like criminals and detectives because as a child I liked to think differently from others and analyze everything around me. I admit that sometimes this side is exaggerated and I become paranoid but this is very rare and I am aware of this problem. By the way, I got used to watch full movies online on FMovies and I love this site. I recommend with confidence.
Last edited by Kensuke on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I have not listened to the Mark Collett discussion about the 1993 Spielberg film Schindler's List─these days I have been busy, for example, watching the Derek Chauvin trial, the White Minneapolis police officer accused of murder when St. George Floyd passed a counterfeit bill and proceeded to have a heart attack and die while resisting arrest and after consuming a lethal dose of fentanyl and speed.

However, I have seen Schindler's List many years ago, and my favorite part was when the Jews passed through Auschwitz on their way to another labor camp and were surprised when hot water instead of gas came out of the showerheads.

Loog wrote:
To start with the notion that the film was trying to paint the white race/ Germans as innately murderous, sociopathic etc . . . lol the main character and hero is a German. They claim that he is working in the service of the Jews and against his own people, but in the universe of the film what is he doing that is objectionable on any level? Saving innocents from being murdered?

Well, the film portrays Oskar Schindler as an exceptionally mercenary and corrupt Gentile who is confronted with his fecklessness during the war when he encounters God's Chosen.

Schindler takes a redemptive arc that he never fully completes─nor can he but for the grace of the God of the Jews, who will eventually count him among the righteous of the Gentiles. Funny how we never heard of him before.

If he sabotages a regime by producing faulty armaments, is it relevant that this regime is committing mass murder of defenseless people?

The bland, bourgeois businessman Oskar Schindler was a German traitor and nothing more. He should have been put to death on many levels. You go to war with what you have, but war has a way of tossing the wheat and the tares.

An interesting question for deniers: if indeed the orthodox version of events is more or less accurate, would you still have supported the Nazi government?

Yes, because most governments don't hold plebiscites for some of the weighty things that they do, many of which might or might not be morally wrong.

As Albert Speer noted, "how many Americans had ever heard of the atomic bombs until after they were dropped on Japan?"

Personally, I don't happen to think that the atomic bombings were morally wrong if strategic bombing in general is not itself morally wrong, let alone militarily necessary.

Perhaps another example is the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, which I do think was morally wrong. It was not wrong because they studied Negroes and their habits over the course of their lives with a disease that the government researchers had nothing to do with. (Contrary to popular belief, the government researchers did not give their patients the venereal disease.)

The Tuskegee Experiment became morally wrong only because the patients were not told their physicians could cure their syphilis once magic-bullet treatments became widely available midway through the course of this notorious longitudinal research study. Even dumb Negroes have the right to expect that medical physicians are serving their best interests as patients, and not just serving the government, or whomever is actually paying their salaries.

:)

Loog

Post by Loog »

Scott wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:05 pm

Yes, because most governments don't hold plebiscites for some of the weighty things that they do, many of which might or might not be morally wrong.
Yes but in America the public can vote out politicians they don't like / who have fucked up, what's your recourse in Nazi Germany?

If the Nazis made ass rape of children not only legal but mandatory, I guess you'd go along with it lol

It's also quite obvious what happened to those who offered harsh criticism of the regime, so even that's not possible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose

You guys are hilarious, thank u for existing
Last edited by Loog on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Loog wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:07 pm

If the Nazis made ass rape of children not only legal but mandatory, I guess you'd go along with it lol
I often wonder the "villagers" need to denigrate many discussions down to paedophilia and excrement. :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

𝕸𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝕰𝖍𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖎ß𝖙 𝕿𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊
Amt VI..Ausland-SD

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Loog wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:07 pm
Scott wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:05 pm

Yes but in America the public can vote out politicians they don't like / who have fucked up, what's your recourse in Nazi Germany?

Even the Frankfurt School critics of the "behemoth" Nazi state like (((Franz Neumann))) regard the Third Reich as a polycracy and not a dictatorship as is usually alleged.

The NSDAP gained power from the grassroots, and Chancellor Hitler had the most popular support of any of the Weimar Kanzlern, all of which ruled with dictatorial mandates. (We could go into this in a lot more detail.)

I would not have been able to petition the government for redress of grievances if I were a member of the German-American Bund even before the USA had entered the war. Furthermore, once the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor, even the famous aviator and national hero Col. Charles Lindbergh had to disband the America First Committee and silence himself as a critic of President Roosevelt.

The reason that violence is allowable in War is twofold:

First, that the sovereign state has a monopoly on force in general in order to protect the community from the state of nature─which (in the immortal words of Mr. Thos. Hobbes of Malmesbvry, 1651) is where lives are "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short" otherwise, and which is the de facto organizing principle of all human governments everywhere.

And secondly, violence in wartime is inherently atrocious, and the justification for this brutality is military necessity; the state must do whatever it has to do to either win the war or to find acceptable terms for peace.

I have never heard of buggering boys being held as a military necessity at any time or any place in the known history of mankind. That sounds like a Hollywood Sci-Fi fantasy. (I did not watch the degenerate Game of Thrones series on TV, so maybe I am missing your meaning.)

It's also quite obvious what happened to those who offered harsh criticism of the regime, so even that's not possible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose You guys are hilarious, thank u for existing

The White Rose were enemy agents in wartime and traitors, so I am not sure what your objection is.

On account of their youth, possibly some of the WR should have been dealt with less harshly than death, such as being sent to a hard-labor penal camp, but the point stands.

:-)