Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
User avatar
TheGodfather
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by TheGodfather »

Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:34 am
A cartoon Muhammad and Holocaust denial are both insulting, but only one involves a shameful part of French history and only one is part of traditional French freedom of expression. France's Muslim population were not registered, rounded up and sent as slave labourers or to the gas chambers.
How much more offensive it is doesn't matter in the slightest. Hate-speech is hate-speech, if you're going to ban it, then ban it all, otherwise it suggests you have ulterior motives. You can't be picky about stuff like that.
Cartoon parody and mockery has been going on for centuries.
So, because cartoon mockery has been going on for centuries that therefore makes it not hate-speech, right? According to you, I should be fine if I raise doubts about the holocaust via cartoons, is that correct?
You would prefer all regimes to be like Iran?
Holy shit, imagine distorting what I said in such an autistic way. You're not worth debating.

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!


User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

TheGodfather wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:24 pm
Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:34 am
A cartoon Muhammad and Holocaust denial are both insulting, but only one involves a shameful part of French history and only one is part of traditional French freedom of expression. France's Muslim population were not registered, rounded up and sent as slave labourers or to the gas chambers.
How much more offensive it is doesn't matter in the slightest. Hate-speech is hate-speech, if you're going to ban it, then ban it all, otherwise it suggests you have ulterior motives. You can't be picky about stuff like that.
I agree, France should allow denial and Iran should allow insults of the Prophet Muhammad.
Cartoon parody and mockery has been going on for centuries.
So, because cartoon mockery has been going on for centuries that therefore makes it not hate-speech, right? According to you, I should be fine if I raise doubts about the holocaust via cartoons, is that correct?
Yes, I don't think denial should be illegal.
You would prefer all regimes to be like Iran?
Holy shit, imagine distorting what I said in such an autistic way. You're not worth debating.
You use fallacies, it is good you recognise my use of a fallacy. Without looking it up, can you tell what fallacy I used?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

Werd wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:20 pm
Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:42 am
BTW, I do not support any imagery of Muhammad.
Because you hate free speech?
It is insulting
boo fucking hoo.
In the present climate of hate, I am happy to not contribute further to anything that increases divisions.
and I do not think my freedom is compromised by not producing an image of the Prophet.
ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE LEGAL FREEDOM TO DO SO, BUT CHOOSE TO NOT EXERCISE IT.
Yes.
But, if someone else wants to do it, I am also OK with that. I am also against denial laws.
Whatever.
:roll:
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
TheGodfather
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by TheGodfather »

Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:29 pm
I agree, France should allow denial and Iran should allow insults of the Prophet Muhammad.
Here's you with your red herrings and whataboutisms again.
Yes, I don't think denial should be illegal.
Nice dodge. I'll ask again, is it legal for me to promote holocaust revisionism via cartoons in France?

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

TheGodfather wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:03 pm
Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:29 pm
I agree, France should allow denial and Iran should allow insults of the Prophet Muhammad.
Here's you with your red herrings and whataboutisms again.
How that response a red herring or whataboutism?
Yes, I don't think denial should be illegal.
Nice dodge. I'll ask again, is it legal for me to promote holocaust revisionism via cartoons in France?
You have not asked me that question and the answer is, I suspect not, but I have not looked in detail at the French laws.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
TheGodfather
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by TheGodfather »

Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:15 pm
How that response a red herring or whataboutism?
1: Your response was irrelevant to what I said. I said, if France is going to ban holocaust revisionism because they consider it hate-speech, then they should also ban anti-Islamism. Not doing so, as I said, suggests ulterior motives.

2: You brought up Iran again. I told you earlier, I don't care about Iran's policies against discrimination.
You have not asked me that question.
I did ask that question:
According to you, I should be fine if I raise doubts about the holocaust via cartoons, is that correct?
:roll:
and the answer is, I suspect not, but I have not looked in detail at the French laws
If not, then what was your point about the cartoons anyway?

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

Anyway, you have the answer to the original question.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Werd
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Werd »

Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm
In the present climate of hate,
Which are caused by Muslims with their crimes and attacks on western values. THEY ARE NOT VICTIMS!
viewtopic.php?p=177541#p177541

Stop defending Jihadis.

Turnagain
Posts: 9027
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Turnagain »

Werd wrote:
Stop defending Jihadis.
Wherever that accursed religion goes, just like Mary's little lamb, dissension and violence are sure to follow. If a country cannot be taken over with military force then the immigration/invasion is the favored method. Once a muslim enclave is established, it serves as the base for violent forays by jihadis. Standard Operating Procedure and as inevitable as night follows day.

However, France has made it illegal to denigrate the holyhoax while denigrating the muslims isn't. As has been shown, publishing the anti Jew cartoons of A. Wyatt Mann will get you thrown into gaol while publishing the Hebdo cartoons won't. TPTB of France have created their own dilemma and are hoist on their own petard.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

Werd wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:05 pm
Nessie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm
In the present climate of hate,
Which are caused by Muslims with their crimes and attacks on western values. THEY ARE NOT VICTIMS!
viewtopic.php?p=177541#p177541

Stop defending Jihadis.
I am not defending them. The Muslim attacks are the responsibility of those Muslims who have no place in western society and should leave. Only Muslims prepared to integrate with western values and customs and accept the primacy of Christianity in the west are welcome.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests