Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Post Reply
Kitty Love 456
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:16 pm
Contact:

Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Kitty Love 456 »

He Tweeted:



"The next question to ask is: why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust? Why should anyone who writes about such doubts be imprisoned while insulting the Prophet (pbuh) is allowed?"

This Tweet truly speaks volumes. While mocking the leader of the Islamic faith is allowed, mocking an alleged event from 70+ years ago is not. Which goes to show you that the holocaust has more respect than religion.

I am no prophet, but I suspect Iran will be hit with sanctions because of this.

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!


User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

There is a huge difference between;

1 - raising doubts, based on verifiable, primary source evidence.
2 - raising doubts, based on logical fallacies such as JAQing off, non sequitur and arguments from incredulity and ignorance.
3 - mocking something.

The academic, historical study of the Holocaust is based on 1. Denial is based on 2 and 3.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 8426
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Österreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:39 pm
There is a huge difference between;

1 - raising doubts, based on verifiable, primary source evidence.
2 - raising doubts, based on logical fallacies such as JAQing off, non sequitur and arguments from incredulity and ignorance.
3 - mocking something.

The academic, historical study of the Holocaust is based on 1. Denial is based on 2 and 3.
The Ayatollah is correct; it is legal to use hate speech against the prophets of Islam but one does not dare criticize der juden, or even investigate the jüdisch absurdities inherent within the Holocaust mantra.


𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV

User avatar
TheGodfather
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by TheGodfather »

Nessie wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:39 pm
There is a huge difference between;

1 - raising doubts, based on verifiable, primary source evidence.
2 - raising doubts, based on logical fallacies such as JAQing off, non sequitur and arguments from incredulity and ignorance.
3 - mocking something.

The academic, historical study of the Holocaust is based on 1. Denial is based on 2 and 3.
What exactly is your point, Nessie? Even if it were so, that still doesn't answer the question, at all.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

TheGodfather wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:07 pm
Nessie wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:39 pm
There is a huge difference between;

1 - raising doubts, based on verifiable, primary source evidence.
2 - raising doubts, based on logical fallacies such as JAQing off, non sequitur and arguments from incredulity and ignorance.
3 - mocking something.

The academic, historical study of the Holocaust is based on 1. Denial is based on 2 and 3.
What exactly is your point, Nessie? Even if it were so, that still doesn't answer the question, at all.
Khamenei claims it is a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust, but that depends on how those doubts are raised. A doubt, such as Bergen-Belsen did not have a gas chamber, or that 4 million were not gassed at A-B, that is accompanied by verifiable, primary evidence, is not illegal.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
TheGodfather
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by TheGodfather »

Nessie wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:13 pm
TheGodfather wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:07 pm
Nessie wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:39 pm
There is a huge difference between;

1 - raising doubts, based on verifiable, primary source evidence.
2 - raising doubts, based on logical fallacies such as JAQing off, non sequitur and arguments from incredulity and ignorance.
3 - mocking something.

The academic, historical study of the Holocaust is based on 1. Denial is based on 2 and 3.
What exactly is your point, Nessie? Even if it were so, that still doesn't answer the question, at all.
Khamenei claims it is a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust, but that depends on how those doubts are raised. A doubt, such as Bergen-Belsen did not have a gas chamber, or that 4 million were not gassed at A-B, that is accompanied by verifiable, primary evidence, is not illegal.
Again, how does that answer Khamenei's question? It matters not *how* those doubts are raised, what matters, is that ''denial'' of the holocaust, which is considered hate speech, is illegal, whereas anti-Islamism isn't. Do I really have to explain this to you?

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 30149
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Nessie »

TheGodfather wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:30 pm
Nessie wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:13 pm
....
Khamenei claims it is a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust, but that depends on how those doubts are raised. A doubt, such as Bergen-Belsen did not have a gas chamber, or that 4 million were not gassed at A-B, that is accompanied by verifiable, primary evidence, is not illegal.
Again, how does that answer Khamenei's question? It matters not *how* those doubts are raised, what matters, is that ''denial'' of the holocaust, which is considered hate speech, is illegal, whereas anti-Islamism isn't. Do I really have to explain this to you?
It matters a lot how the doubts are raised. If doubts are raised, as deniers raise them, then because those doubts are not based on any evidence and instead they are just a series of logical fallacies, then that explains why such doubts are illegal. That is answering Khamenei's question.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 8426
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Österreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:53 pm
It matters a lot how the doubts are raised. If doubts are raised, as deniers raise them, then because those doubts are not based on any evidence and instead they are just a series of logical fallacies, then that explains why such doubts are illegal. That is answering Khamenei's question.
This is based on an invalid assumption this Holocaust was true. It is not.


𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV


User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 8426
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Österreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asks, "Why is it a crime to raise doubts about the Holocaust?"

Post by Huntinger »

TheGodfather wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:19 pm
Nessie misses the point again. Jesus Christ.
Simply put denial of the holocaust and anti-semitism is one and the same in some brains; although that is not true at all.
Anti-Semitism is hate speech, Anti-Islam is funny. Have fun getting through to the poster. ;)
Image


𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests