New to Holocaust revisionism

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Scott
Site Admin

Re: New to Holocaust revisionism

Post by Scott »

I don't claim to be an expert on the German language, but regardless of who is speaking─Hitler or anyone else─it is clear that Judentum means Jewry or Judaism and not "Jews," per se. (And I'm told that Judentums is possessive, not plural.)

Being stridently anti-Christian, for example, does not necessarily mean that you want to kill or to gas Christians.

;)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Scott wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:33 am
Being stridently anti-Christian, for example, does not necessarily mean that you want to kill or to gas Christians.

;)
You want to kill Christians. :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This is the only thing one could dislike about the old Roman Empire of the Caesars, their efficiency was not as good as could have been desirable. Christians destroyed the ancient world; the early church was in fact a master of anti-intellectualism, iconoclasm and mortal prejudice.

Die soziale Heimatpartei
𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

Amt IV

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I'm not an expert on the subject but when I majored in History in college it was pointed out that those Christians thrown to the lions were relatively small in numbers. And furthermore, these Christian martyrs were nearly always sainted to boot.

;)

I have been busy lately and have not spent as much time on the forum as I should have, but I realize that the original poster had a very good question about entry-level books on Holocaust Revisionism.

So I would recommend the starter book ─

Debating the Holocaust: A New Look at Both Sides
by Thomas Dalton, Ph.D.

It used to be available at Amazon, but Amazon has been at the forefront of censorship lately so the only place that you can get it that I know of is from Castle Hill Publishers at this time:

https://shop.codoh.com/book/debating-the-holocaust-en/404/

I'm not saying that this is a be-all/end-all on the subject. Dalton himself has some other introductory works on the Big-H and some related matters. But this is a good start.

From there I think, go to the little 1974 pamphlet that started the show ─

Did Six-Million Really Die?
by Richard Harwood (Richard Verrall)

is well-worth reading, especially to see what the hubbub was all about. This is the book that was republished by Ernst Zündel in Canada and led to his famous trials for heresy in 1985 and 1988 which were very instructive, and turned him into free-speech martyr.

The Harwood book is not the be-all/end-all either, but some of the arguments were quite astute still hold up today.

This led to the publication in 1976 of a more advanced treatment ─

The Hoax of the 20th Century
by Arthur R. Butz, Ph.D.

Butz was an Electrical Engineering professor at Northwestern University and tried to summarize most of the controversies regarding the case of the presumed extermination of Jewry and the Revisionist arguments against this thesis. Some of the arguments Butz makes are dated and wrong but many or most of them still hold up today.

I think those would be the three on my list that would be important to start with.

I heard of the Harwood book in the media in the 1970s when it came out but did not read it until much later. I read the Butz book in early 1980 and i subscribed to the Journal of Historical Review until they ceased at the turn of the 20th century.

I've followed the Hoaxster controversies fairly closely for over forty years, even before the term Holocaust came into the vernacular with the 1978 NBC TV miniseries by that name. At this time the so-called "Intentionalist" Jewish extermination thesis was in full swing. Holocausters have since moved to a more "Functionalist" extermination thesis, led by the late Raul Hilberg who was cross-examined in 1985 by Douglas Christie, who was Zündel's defense attorney. Hilberg articulated the Functionalist thesis as a sort of independent meeting of the minds to kill Jews.

This is a very convenient Historical argument for the Hoaxster position. This is basically the Jewish worldview regarding relations with Gentiles since ancient times.

:)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)