Why have so many former Holocaust revisionists later admitted that the Holocaust happened?

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
TreesAreGreen

Why have so many former Holocaust revisionists later admitted that the Holocaust happened?

Post by TreesAreGreen »

David Irving, David Cole, etc, have all admitted that the Holocaust happened.

There doesn’t seem to be any Holocaust revisionists conversing with historians about the Holocaust, why not?

Most historians, if not all of them, have email addresses so Holocaust revisionists could quite easily contact them. Instead, a handful of people on this forum are citing very old stuff from years ago.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t read or watched any recent material on Holocaust revisionism in a very long time. Again, why? I only ever see old stuff being cited.

The only thing I can read or watch are books and documentaries that are mainly outdated, debunked, refuted and so forth. Put it this way, there is no new books or documentaries being published in recent times.

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Why have so many former Holocaust revisionists later admitted that the Holocaust happened?

Post by been-there »

TreesAreGreen wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:23 pm
David Irving, David Cole, etc, have all admitted that the Holocaust happened
You appear to be either deceitfully over-simplifying and deluding yourself OR deliberately making false statements.
Otherwise quote either or both of them saying "the Holocaust happened", and supply a reference to them writing/saying those words.

TreesAreGreen wrote:
There doesn’t seem to be any Holocaust revisionists conversing with historians about the Holocaust, why not?
Oh boy. Yet another self-delusional remark. Revisionists have published numerous books that Amazon refuses to sell and 'historians' refuse to give attention to.

Jewish Professor Deborah Lipstadt and the Jewish lobby groups she represents advise people not to engage in debate.
So you have it the wrong way round.

Look at the BBC's recent, hopelessly biased documentary. They got a Jewish comedian David Baddiel to do the 'investigating' of the topic. A comedian!!!? They treated revisionist research as a joke which they attempted to ridicule and revile. Reviewed here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4132
Of all the experts they could have picked to represent the revisionist argument they went to Ireland to interview an unpublished, unemployed taxi-driver. :lol: :roll: They could have stayed in London and interviewed highly educated, erudite, qualified academic and published revisionist Nick Kollerstrom. But no. They chose to travel to another land mass to listen to a song by Dermot Mulqueen instead, a man who Baddiel tells us he wants punch in the face. Great debating skills there, Mr. Baddiel. So well done by the BBC. Highly intellectual and challenging programme-making... not!

I myself tried to have rational, reasoned discussion with 'holocaust historian' Dr. Nick Terry over at the skeptics forum. I was received with almost non-stop personal abuse and ultimately blocked for no reason. When I managed to get around that I was permanently banned for questioning and appealing the lockdown of a discussion I was involved in.
So you are either deluded or lying. Revisionists WANT a discussion and debate. H true-believers avoid it at all costs.

Professor Anthony Hall is the most recent academic who merely mentioned his concerns with the way ANY discussion of the narrative is instantly silenced. Look what happened to him. For merely suggesting the narrative should be open to analysis and critique he was hounded from his position as a tenured professor and his reputation was attacked with a deceitful smear campaign.

Ignoring all this shows ironically that it is you who are clearly in denial of reality and therefore a 'denier'.

Face facts. Look what happened to Professor Norman Finkelstein for exposing how the narrative is used as a financial shakedown by shameless Jews and as a political weapon by Israel. His academic career was over.

TreesAreGreen wrote:
..a handful of people on this forum are citing very old stuff from years ago.
What an idiotic statement. Of course it's from years ago. Holy moly! :o
The events happened and ended years ago!
What else is there to talk about?

TreesAreGreen wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t read or watched any recent material on Holocaust revisionism in a very long time. Again, why? I only ever see old stuff being cited.
The only thing I can read or watch are books and documentaries that are mainly outdated, debunked, refuted and so forth. Put it this way, there is no new books or documentaries being published in recent times.
:roll:
Oh boy! You are quite clearly deluding yourself.

New books and new updated revised editions of old books are being published all the time.
Jeeze.

And you are almost certainly a sock-puppet account. So let us look at that.
Why — if you are so sure about your faith in the compulsory, protected, H belief-system — why don't you stick to one avatar?
Why do you even need to be anonymous? No one is going to try and ruin your life, destroy your career, smear you with hateful pejoratives?

And if everything in the H pseudo-historical narrative was accurate and supported by the evidence, why would 'guardians' of the H religion need to do all of the above to anyone who analyses and finds flaws with the 'sacred' story? Why did they attempt to destroy the reputation and career of Tony Hall for merely saying it shouldn't be off-limits to discussion and critical analysis?

Here are recent publications:
▶ An Auschwitz Doctor's account: the tall tales of Dr. Mengele's assistant analysed, 2nd, corrected edition (June 2020)
▶ Air-Photo Evidence: World War Two Photos of Alleged Mass Murder Sites Analyzed, 6th, corrected edition (May 2020)
▶ Sobibór: Holocaust Propaganda and Reality, 2nd, revised edition (May 2020)
▶ Treblinka: Extermination Camp or Transit Camp?, 3rd, slightly updated and expanded edition (May 2020)
▶ Garrison and Headquarters Orders of the Auschwitz Concentration Camp, 1st edition (April 2020)
▶ Elie Wiesel, Saint of the Holocaust: A Critical Biography, 3rd, updated edition (April 2020)
▶ The Chemistry of Auschwitz – A Crime-Scene Investigation, 4th, slightly revised and expanded edition (April 2020)
▶ Commandant of Auschwitz: Rudolf Höss, His Torture and His Forced Confessions, 2nd edition (February 2020)
▶ Debating the Holocaust: A New Look at Both Sides, 4th edition (February 2020)
▶ Dissecting the Holocaust: The Growing Critique of ‘Truth’ and ‘Memory’, 3rd, revised edition (November 2019)
▶ The Real Case for Auschwitz: van Pelt’s Evidence from the Irving Trial Critically Reviewed, 3rd, revised edition (August 2019)
▶ Auschwitz: Eyewitness Reports and Perpetrator Confessions of the Holocaust: 30 Gas-Chamber Witnesses Scrutinized, 1st edition (July 2019)
▶ Breaking the Spell: The Holocaust, Myth & Reality, 5th, thoroughly revised and corrected edition (April 2019)
▶ Auschwitz: Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers: An Introduction and Update to Jean-Claude Pressac’s Magnum Opus, 1st edition (January 2019)
▶ The Einsatzgruppen in the Occupied Eastern Territories: Genesis, Missions and Actions, 1st edition (December 2018)
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Huntinger

Re: Why have so many former Holocaust revisionists later admitted that the Holocaust happened?

Post by Huntinger »

This thread is almost identical in nature and intention to that published by The Marxist Corey
from the thread titled: What things have Holocaust revisionists managed to change from the Holocaust narrative?

In this thread the poster says:
In the thread quoted he says:
But, none of those things have been accepted by mainstream historians and scholars who have studied the Holocaust extensively. So, why is that? Why are the mainstream historians and scholars not teaching people those things you believe?

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

Amt IV

TreesAreGreen

Post by TreesAreGreen »

Been-there, putting to one side your personal insults, I’ll address some of your points.

1) Here is a quote from Irving:

“The Nazis quite clearly killed millions of Jews...”

Source: Interview with John Humphrys on The Today Program (23 December 2006

You can watch the following video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3nnYwLeqBrk

During the video, he talks about Treblinka and the other extermination camps and admits that the Nazis gassed Jews. I advise you to watch it, you may learn a thing or two.

Here is a quote from David Cole:

“The competent revisionists, David Irving, Mark Weber, and I, recognize two distinct killing periods during the Holocaust: The Einsatzgruppen murders after the invasion of Russia (’41), and the murders (both in the General Government and the Ostland) during the Reinhardt period (’42 - ’43). The three of us have not 'conspired' to come to this conclusion. I have neither seen nor been in contact with David Irving since 1995. The acceptance of the reality of these two killing periods happens organically when one chooses to look at the evidence in an objective manner.“

Source : http://www.countercontempt.com/archives/5348

“David Irving is no longer a denier, if he ever was one. He accepts the fact that Jews were slaughtered en masse by mobile Einsatzgruppen units in the months following the invasion of Russia, he accepts the liquidation of the Jews in the Ostland (Eastern territory) ghettos, and he accepts that the 'Reinhard' camps (Treblinka, Belzec, and Sobibor) were extermination centers. Mark Weber, whose Institute for Historical Review defined Holocaust revisionism (and denial) in the 1990s, believes the same. And me? The 'Jewish revisionist'? I never denied the Reinhard camps, the Ostland liquidations, or the Einsatzgruppen killings, and as early as 1995 I chided my fellow revisionists for rejecting the notion of a Nazi extermination program.
Sure, there are still deniers posting YouTube videos and calling them 'documentaries,' most notably the (in the words of his own attorney) 'mentally ill' Eric Hunt, but the only thing these cranks are capable of doing is recycling my 25-year-old work regarding Auschwitz and falsely labeling it denial.”

https://www.takimag.com/article/denial_ ... z4VqYRAYHe

“Denial is dead”

2) Amazon bans antisemitic and racist books. That is up to Amazon since it is a private company. Nevertheless, anyone can buy Norman Finkelstein‘s book about the Holocaust on Amazon. Despite the title of his book, I highly doubt that he’s on the side of “revisionists”.

3) Are you stupid? I was not referring to the fact that the Holocaust happened years ago. I was referring to the fact that people just seem to be repeating what was claimed a few decades ago.

4) Do any of the authors of the books you listed that have been recently published debate with historians about the Holocaust?

The fact you got on your high horse and got all defensive with me and your first reply was full of personal insults including calling me a “denier” just goes to show that you do not respond to people rationally.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

TreesAreGreen wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 am

Are you stupid?
The fact you got on your high horse and got all defensive with me and your first reply was full of personal insults including calling me a “denier” just goes to show that you do not respond to people rationally.
The same troll with another name.

Amt IV

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Huntinger wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:28 am
TreesAreGreen wrote:
Are you stupid? ...just goes to show that you do not respond to people rationally.
Yes. And as usual he just ignored the points he couldn't argue with.
E.g. the persecution of Tony Hall.
E.g. The 'joke' investigation by Jewish comedian David Baddiel.
E.g. Lipstadt's urging people not to engage in debate.
Etc., etc.

He was asked to quote Irving or Cole uttering or writing the words "the holocaust happened".
Here is what Cole wrote in the article he linked to: “Irving has substantially modified his position over time on various aspects of the Holocaust”.

Cole also ended that article with this curious deceit: “Because both 'sides€' purposely push the nonsense that Auschwitz is the totality of the Holocaust”.
Which revisionist argues that “Auschwitz is the totality of the Holocaust"?? :?

Anyway. You are right, Huntinger. Same delusional and dishonest time-waster, just with a new name.
-- Anonymous

TreesAreGreen

Post by TreesAreGreen »

been-there wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:34 am
Huntinger wrote:
TreesAreGreen wrote:
Are you stupid? ...just goes to show that you do not respond to people rationally.
Etc., etc.

He was asked to quote Irving or Cole uttering or writing the words "the holocaust happened".
Here is what Cole wrote in the article he linked to: “Irving has substantially modified his position over time on various aspects of the Holocaust”.

Cole also ended that article with this curious deceit: “Because both 'sides€' purposely push the nonsense that Auschwitz is the totality of the Holocaust”. :?

Anyway. You are right, Huntinger. Same delusional and dishonest time-waster, just with a new name.
I was not aware of Anthony Hall. However, a quick Google search showed that he was suspended because he was spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories - he suggested that Zionists were involved with 9/11 and that the Holocaust should be up for debate.

As someone else wrote about him:
This is not an attack on academic freedom, but rather a response to falsehoods being presented as academia,” says Amanda Hohmann, Director of B’nai Brith’s League for Human Rights. “Tenured professors should all be concerned with what Hall has done in his capacity as a member of the University of Lethbridge faculty. He has used his credentials as an educator to establish the legitimacy of the theories he espouses.”
https://www.bnaibrith.ca/holocaust_deny ... thony_hall

It’s not Baddiel’s fault if a Holocaust denier who was ‘cleverer’ than the idiot on the documentary could be bothered to ask Baddiel to participate in the documentary. Oh, wait, is this an attempt by you to promote the conspiracy theory that Baddiel deliberately picked out that idiot out of the SOOOOO MANNNNY Holocaust deniers out there in the world? :lol:

Stop playing word games. I don’t need to quote them saying specifically “the Holocaust happened”. They both have admitted that the Nazis killed MILLIONS of Jews that IS by any definition accepting that the Holocaust happened.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

TreesAreGreen wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 am
They both have admitted that the Nazis killed MILLIONS of Jews that IS by any definition accepting that the Holocaust happened.
What people think is of little consequence to the facts. Please present facts of a Nationalsozialist genocide.

Amt IV

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

TreesAreGreen wrote:
been-there wrote:
Huntinger wrote:
TreesAreGreen wrote:
Etc., etc.

Cole also ended that article with this curious deceit: “Because both 'sides€' purposely push the nonsense that Auschwitz is the totality of the Holocaust”.

I was not aware of Anthony Hall. However, a quick Google search showed... [blah, blah, blah]... B'nai B'rith wrote about him... [blah, blah, blah]

B'nai B'rith!??! :lol:

Oh boy! :roll:

-- Anonymous

TreesAreGreen

Post by TreesAreGreen »

been-there wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:08 am
TreesAreGreen wrote:
been-there wrote:
Huntinger wrote:
TreesAreGreen wrote:
Etc., etc.

I was not aware of Anthony Hall. However, a quick Google search showed... [blah, blah, blah]... B'nai B'rith wrote about him... [blah, blah, blah]

B'nai B'rith!??! :lol:

Oh boy! :roll:

You can quite easily type in his name and “suspended” to find out why he was suspended. It’s really not that hard.