Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 6956
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh. Swabia
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by Huntinger »

PrudentRegret has done remarkably well in "proving" that the AR camps were indeed named after Fritz Reinhardt; to his credit he has said his piece over at Klowns and not responding to the taunting as they are running around fluffing themselves up with their (((faith))).
This is a critical point as it does explain the presence of Zollgrenzschutz at Sobibor, which like all other AR camps were Customs border facilities; this explains their presence on the border. It is also clear from this discourse that thousands and thousands of Juden were extradited into farming facilities over the border. That evidence was presented at the NMT.
Sadly much of this evidence was thwarted by the Soviet Extraordinary Commission who had secret police powers and had the legal power of Judicial Notice to over ride everything else; in other words what they said goes.

On a laughable note at Klowns, the textual diarrhea of Oozy at Klowns can be read:
As I was involved in that debate I clearly remember how Sergey and others have destroyed each and every one of your arguments and faulty logic, to name a few :

- The argument that Reinhardt can only be a surname and the argument that operations were named only after surnames

- The argument that "Reinhard" spelling came mostly from Globocnik's office and the argument that Globocnik's spelled it Reinhard due to a childish behavior

- Any argument regarding the Globocnik's reports that the chronology and content of which completely decimate your case,
This is a chook running around without realizing its head has been cut off. :D

We have pulled the rug out under them; the Soviets did it, fabricated this nonsense; Bolsheviks were juden and attract the rest like rotting meat and blood does to blow flies. An exhaustive study of long-secret Soviet records lends new weight to an old theory that Stalin, the hater of Juden was actually poisoned; but by whom we wonder? We know Juden killed the Tsar. Was this another case of the Russian "Deep State" removing the rot?


π•΄π–ˆπ– π–‡π–Šπ–—π–Šπ–šπ–Š π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™π–˜...π•Ύπ–”π–Ÿπ–Žπ–†π–‘ π–Œπ–Šπ–π–™ π–“π–šπ–— π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“π–†π–‘

βœ™π•³π–šΜˆπ–“π–™π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–Šπ–—


Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!


PrudentRegret
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by PrudentRegret »

Additionally, it is becoming clearer that the term "Reinhardt Fund" was used to describe an economic initiative, rather than simply an account into which the proceeds of Aktion Reinhardt had been deposited into as has previously been assumed. Notably, these funds were dispensed by the Reich Ministry of Finance where Fritz Reinhardt was State Secretary.

This would make "Reinhardt Fund" an additional distinct economic initiative that was named after Fritz Reinhardt, like the Reinhardt Taxes and Reinhardt Program(s) and Reinhardt Interest Bonuses.

The WVHA/Reichsbank would not have recycled the code-name of a top-secret genocide to describe business loans. They would use the name "Reinhardt" to describe an economic initiative designed to provide liquidity to German industry, because they named very similar economic initiatives after Fritz Reinhardt.

Sergey has taken the absurd position that the "Reinhardt Fund" was named after Heydrich. Of course, every witness in the trial who testifies to his understanding of the naming origin of the "Reinhardt Fund" identifies Fritz Reinhardt as the man who dispensed the fund.

This lends credence to the conclusion that Aktion Reinhardt was an economic initiative that used Reinhardt's name, just like the Reinhardt Fund was a sister-economic initiative that was also named after Reinhardt.
  • The conclusion that "Aktion Reinhardt" was the official code-name of a genocide named after Heydrich but the "Reinhardt Fund" was an economic initiative named after Fritz Reinhardt is preposterous.
  • The conclusion that "Aktion Reinhardt" was the official code-name a genocide named after Fritz Reinhardt is also preposterous.
  • The conclusion that the "Reinhardt Fund" which was made available by Reinhardt's Ministry of Finance was named after Heydrich is most preposterous of all.
The inevitable conclusion is that both Aktion Reinhardt and the Reinhardt Fund were economic initiatives named after Fritz Reinhardt, as corroborated by the witnesses in this trial and as ultimately concluded by the court in their findings of fact.
Q. Were the funds coming from the Reinhardt Fund?

A. I don't know. I did not know it at the time, and that is why I asked.

Q. What did you mean when you said you wrote out the contract for the Reinhardt loan?

A. In the notice which was left behind, it said there was a contract between DWB and the Reich to be fixed, and the heading said "Reinhardt Fund". I thereupon reflected what this could be about, and I came across the name of State Secretary Reinhardt, whom I knew very well. He was my superior in the Reich Ministry of Finance.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... hardt+Fund

...
Q. What did you think the Reinhardt Fund was?

A. The Reinhardt Fund I understood or thought to understand that the state secretary Reinhardt from the Reich Finance Ministry, who was an exponent of the Part and who was a friend of Schwerin von Krusiqk, who was Reich Finance Minister, had placed those funds at the disposal of the DWB. Reinhardt was also known to me from his work and his activity during peacetime for the very simple reason that he introduced in Germany communal administration in the big Reinhardt Reform which was the real taxation reform. He also established the Reinhardt Interest Bonuses. He compiled and wrote several books about taxation laws. Apart from that, all new taxes and finance reforms were actually taken care of by Reinhardt according to both the press and the propaganda. Furthermore, Reinhardt was written with "dt" at the end in this letter and as far as I know today Reinhard is spelled with a "d" at the end rather than a "dt". Apart from that, Herr Pohl once called me to his office, in Frank's presence, and told me that the Reich Finance Ministry wanted to give a credit to the DWB, if this would be possible.

All I could understand from this was that this was actually a fund which was placed at the disposal of the DWB by the second highest official in the Reich Finance Ministry.


BY JUDGE MUSMANNO:

Q. May I ask a question, please?

Is it customary for the name of the Minister to be attached to a purely governmental function?

A. I'm afraid the translation didn't quite get through, Your Honor.

Q. I'll put the question very specifically. The Reinhardt of whom you speak was Assistant Minister of the Treasury? Is that what I understand? Ministry of Finance, yes?

A. Yes, that's right. Graf Schwerin von Krossigk was the Minister. The State Secretary was Reinhardt. Schwerin von Krossigk was the professional man and was Reich Minister even prior to 1933, and state secretary Reinhardt was SA Obergruppenfuehrer.

Q. Anything coming out of the Ministry of Finance wouldn't bear the name of the Minister as such, would it, being a purely governmental operation?

A. Yes, but as I have stated before, the real taxation reform was also called the Reinhardt real tax reform. I have to understand from that if this fund is called "the Reinhardt Fund" that the Reich Finance Ministry placed certain monies at the disposal of the DWB.

Q. I can understand how, in the newspapers, the name could be attached to the operation, but, within the government itself, if it is a governmental action, I cannot understand why the name Reinhardt would be used.

A. Yes, Mr. Federal Judge, such names in particular were chosen. You see, series of actions received the names of leading personalities. The reason why this was done was that the Fuehrer principle was to be shown more clearly by doing that.

In Germany, even in governmental circles, one never spoke of a cabinet or a government, one always spoke of the man.

BY DR. GAWLIK:

Q. Witness, perhaps you can answer the following question.

Would you please explain to the Tribunal, witness, the personality of the Finance Minister Schwerin Krossigk and the personality of Reinhardt. Tell us which of the two was the most important person and why it was not at all difficult to understand that fund wasn't called according to the name Schwerin von Krossigk but rather according to the State Secretary? what part did von Krossigk play in social life and what was the role of Mr. Reinhardt in public life?

A. Mr. Defense Counsel, if I, as a rather young person, have to give you a judgment or my opinion on these two personalities I have to say that von Krossigk was the most important one of the two because he was a sensible, professionally very skilled man who, step by step, actually worked his way up to the position of Minister. Even in the democratic regime, Herr Reinhardt, up to 1933, was nothing but a simple teacher in a business school. It was only through the help of the Party that he became a SA-Gruppenfuehrer and SA Obergruppenfuehrer. It was he then who was placed a bit higher as an exponent of the Party, and all these things which von Krossigk had done to the German Reich while working hard, the financing, etc, all this, during the war, was said to have been done by Reinhardt. You could read in the paper: "Herr Reinhardt, and Reinhardt again." Reinhardt held speeches at every conference. The people in the Finance Ministry knew that the real man behind it all was von Krossigk. Others knew that, but we all knew that Reinhardt would be the one credited with everything. That was the reason that I didn't have a single doubt that Reinhardt was the man who had given the fund.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... inistry%22

IMT Finding of Facts:
The purpose of the action [Reinhardt] was to gather into the Reich all the Jewish manpower and wealth which could be reached.
"Aktion Reinhardt" was an economic initiative to sequester Jewish property, like the "Reinhardt Fund" was an economic initiative to provide liquidity to German businesses. Both were named after Fritz Reinhardt.

These conclusions are consistent with the presence of ZGS at Sobibor, and the mass manufacturing of cheap clothing at Lublin which was issued to deportees:
Q. Well now, if you issued this order by virtue of the authority which you have mentioned for all of this mass of goods, all kinds of personal property, and you didn't know anything about the origin of this property, why didn't you find out something about it? You were a high ranking officer there in charge of one of the branches of the WVHA. Why didn't you find out what you issued an order about?

A. Well, I did know where the things came from; it was right in the accompanying letter exactly that they came from the Jews who had been resettled in Lublin, and that those Jews were there, well, that was no secret at all. In July, 1943, for instance, it can be seen that Globocnik -

Q. I am now talking about September '42, not 1943.

A. Even at that time there must have been large numbers of human beings there because how do you think that Globocnik would be able to operate his workshops, his enterprises?

Q. Well, he didn't have much left for his people to use while they were there if he was using these people, because everything had been taken away from them.

A. Certainly, your Honor -- I said that everything was taken away from them; that fact that personal property was taken away from the Jews who were working there and assigned to labor there, was a thing I had misgivings about.

Q. And you thought that this was the property taken away from the people who were working there in this camp?

A. Of course. At that time it became known to us from various orders that Jews, together with their families, were resettled in the east, and I find a confirmation of those facts in one of the documents, in which it says the Jews together with their wives and children were to be transferred to various places around there on farms; and it was known to the WVHA that in the east hundreds of border farms had been established for that purpose, and which were used as such, which were operated by Jewish laborers until the end of the war.

Q. How did you think that these people were laborers -- when, under "E" in your order you say women's clothing and women's underwear, including footwear; children's clothing, and children's underwear, including footwear, have to be handed over?

A. Yes, I believe that would come from camps, and it must have come from camps because Globocnik himself reports that he had fifty-five thousand pairs of shoes manufactured and over one million and a half of clothes; in other words those things had to be manufactured; they must have been manufactured; and they were manufactured for those resettled persons.

Q. I am not talking about manufacturers; I am talking about turning over goods that they already have and what you have to do with it in the future.

A. In that accompanying letter it was stated expressly that it was property of the persons who were in the camps which was to be taken away from them due to lack of space; then, there was stocks of goods, so I could not possibly assume that the people had been killed before those things were taken away from them. It is quite clear, that if today -- it would not be different here in Germany either -people are sent to a camp and they take along two, three, four, or five suitcases, they cannot possibly carry those things around with them, and that only a certain amount can be used; a second suit or some underwear for changing.

Q. Well, if that was what you thought, why did you preface your order with this statement: Property which will in all orders in the future be called goods originating from thefts, receiving stolen goods, and hoarded goods. If that was true then, you ordered in all orders in the future about these goods to be false, were you not?

A. Yes, that was in the order of the Reichsfuehrer, and I have stated before that those things mostly originated from camps, and among Court No. II, Case No. 4.those there were also certain camps which had been confiscated by the agent of Globocnik, the Gestapo as blackmarket goods and that is where that particular term originates.

I do not deny that the fact that these people had to give up all those additional things, that is, for instance, the skirt or their underwear which they could do without easily, that those things were taken away from them, and that this was a violation of the principles of property; I do not deny that.

BY JUDGE MUSMANNO:

Q. If you say that you reconciled yourself to these articles in the assumption that they could work without this underclothing; that they could do without watches; that they could do without fountain pens -- how do you reconcile yourself to the fact that these people had to work without their eye-glasses and eat without their teeth?

A. Your Honor, excuse me but you are saying eye glasses and underwear at the same time -- that the glasses had come from those people who had died, that was clear to me. I did not see if there were five hundred glasses or five thousand, but the thing was clear to me, namely, that underwear was taken away from people who had too much of that stuff, and which went over -- far over the normal requirements of the person. For instance the same thing would be true today if a person is sent to a camp, he receives a second suit, and whatever is over that suit, apart from the one you are wearing, those will be put away.

Q. I don't know of anyone going to a prison or a concentration camp or any place of internment that he travels with extra gold teeth and that therefore you must take away from him the superfluous gold, and your decree actually refers to gold.

A. Yes, your Honor. All these gold teeth also had to originate from people who had died. I used tooth gold in my order, and at the time I understood not the gold teeth, not that these teeth had been torn away from dead people. It was known to me that in the concentration camps examplarily equipped dental stations existed, and that at those particular dental stations people could possible have their teeth fixed, and that a certain amount of gold was left behind when bridges were altered, and that people broke away gold teeth from dead persons is something which I would not have done myself, but I certainly did not consider it a crime in that, it is a matter of taste.

Q. It did not occur to you that might be a desecration, did it?

A. I believe that in civilian life also it occurred that before the dead was burned, and upon the wish of his relatives they had removed his teeth, and gold teeth. That is something that has to do with taste. Now that teeth are torn away from a dead man appears to me as horrible as it appears to Your Honors. I never did see any such gold teeth in my life.

THE PRESIDENT: Recess.

THE MARSHAL: The Tribunal is in recess for fifteen minutes.

(A recess was taken)

PAGE 2,299
THE MARSHAL: The Tribunal is again in session.

DR. RAUSCHENBACH: Your Honor, may I point out a difficulty which has arisen in the translation before the recess. The witness had described in detail where these objects were coming from, and he also stated they came from the concentration camps and they came from storage camps. In both cases, this has been translated as "camps", so that the impression that has arisen is as if everything had come from camps where human beings were located. Here in most cases we are dealing with stocks.

THE PRESIDENT: The Tribunal was not misled. The witness stated plainly that he considered that some of the personal property received came from stocks of goods, and he mentioned the large warehouses underground in the ghettos and the black market. We understood that he believed that part of the goods came from that source.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... 321&q=farm

PrudentRegret
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by PrudentRegret »

An observation on Customs in occupied territories, from "The Ministries Case", trial XI of the IMT

The following passage from a partial stenographic transcript of a 1942 conference Document NI-10105, Exhibit 3429:
THREE DOCUMENTS CONCERNING GOERING'S CONFERENCE OF
6 AUGUST 1942, WITH THE REICH COMMISSIONERS AND MILITARY
COMMANDERS FROM THE GERMAN OCCUPIED TERRITORIES ON
DELIVERY OF FOOD AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR GERMANY AND
THE GERMAN ARMED FORCES


I. Extracts from the transcript of the conference of 6 August 1942

...

By the way, is there a representative of the Reich Minister of Finance present?

(Exclamation: Yes, sir, Reinhardt!)

Mr. Reinhardt, abandon your customs controls. They don't interest me any more. The German people have nothing anyhow, therefore, they will not let anything get out of the country. I don't care what comes into the country, whether by smuggling or otherwise. I prefer it, if enormous quantities of goods are being smuggled in, than if nothing comes in through the customs channels.

...
https://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law ... l-XIII.pdf pp. 801

The following is court transcript from the testimony of Schwerin von Krosigk, who was the Minister of Finance, discussing this exhibit:

G. TESTIMONY OF DEFENDANT SCHWERIN VON KROSIGK
ON VARIOUS ASPECTS OF THE SPOLIATION CHARGES
EXTRACTS FROM THE TESTIMONY OF DEFENDANT

SCHWERIN VON KROSIGK*


DIRECT EXAMINATION

DR. FRITSCH: (counsel for defendant Schwerin von Krosigk) : I think that finishes count five of the indictment, and we will
now turn to count six. Now, with reference to the prosecution's charge of the participation of the Ministry of Finance in spoliation of the occupied territories...

...

Q. Did the question of traffic over the border play a role in this matter? There are a number of documents put in by the prosecution dealing with this matter and are probably charged against you because you were in charge of the customs border police. Can you say anything about this?

A. Yes, of course. The customs border police were under me. In another context I have already spoken of the struggle that I waged with Himmler to keep the customs border police under my authority, but Himmler was not my only opponent. My other opponent was Goering. To be sure, for quite different reasons. The one man wanted to get the border police under himself, and the other man wanted to do away with it altogether. Goering was fundamentally against the control that the customs border police had on orders from the OKW, namely, a control exercised on members of the armed forces on the border between Germany and the occupied territories. This question was a subject of continual dispute between the Minister of Finance and the various branches of the armed forces, particularly the commander in Chief of the air force. There were continual complaints from military commanders regarding the behavior of my customs offices toward the soldiers, who had to go through customs inspections on the border and didn't want to. The customs officials did their duty which was difficult, it is true, when in accordance with an order issued by the OKW they inspected members of the armed forces at the border. This order stated expressly what a member of the armed forces could take from the occupied countries back into Germany, and this dispute between Goering and me repeatedly found expression during meetings in which Goering demanded doing away with the customs inspection in a very unfriendly fashion.

Q. I believe you have referred to two prosecution exhibits, on the one hand to Document EC-485, Prosecution Exhibit 2477,1 document book 88-11, page 177. That is the meeting under Goering's chairmanship on 13 October 1940.2 Likewise to the discussion on 6 August 1942. That is Document NI-10105, Prosecution Exhibit 3429,3 in book 109, page 1. These were the meetings you were referring to?

A. Yes. In the meeting of 13 [1] October 1940 I myself participated, and the meeting in August of 1942, was attended by my State Secretary Reinhardt.

Q. Were you successful in your demands that at any rate the importation of wares in unpermissible quantities should be prohibited? That is the point of view you took toward Goering in this meeting.

A. Yes and no. In the minutes of the meeting it says, to be sure, the meeting of 13 [1] October 1940, that I was agreeable to having the customs inspection done away with. That, moreover, is an example of how cautious one has to be in evaluating such minutes. At that time I expressed myself much more carefully. It never remotely occurred to me to do away with the border control. All that happened was that we agreed on a few relaxations with the OKW. In other respects, the customs border inspection remained exactly the way it had been-unchanged. The best proof of that is that in the second meeting 2 years later in August of 1942, Goering makes exactly the same demand of the Ministry of Finance, saying, "Please, once and for all, get rid of those border police."

Q. Goering used very strong expressions at this meeting. Did Reinhardt repeat them to you?

A. No. He simply told me quite generally that Goering had shot off his mouth and hadn't let the representatives of the occupied territories speak, including Reinhardt himself. Otherwise, he simply reported to me on the customs questions which after all concerned both of us.
https://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law ... l-XIII.pdf pp. 925

PrudentRegret
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by PrudentRegret »

blake121666 wrote: ↑
Fri May 08, 2020 4:07 am
You're an idiot if you think the Germans replaced everyone's shoes. Do you not realize that? Eric's conjecture in the video is insanely stupid.

The old shoes were from dead persons. If some new shoes were made for German soldiers - as the interviewed person claimed, then this is the only interesting thing you've shown to me as yet. I was unaware of shoes being made at Majdanek. Conjecturing that all persons in all camps were assigned new shoes is just blatantly dumb, though. Evidence that.
Well first, it's not stupid at all. Prisoners/laborers need shoes, and it is profitable (especially at a large scale) to steal their personal shoes and give them very cheap mass-manufactured shoes. In this case, the Germans would redistribute this clothing to German settlers, use the leather for other purposes, etc.

This document may also interest you, Blake:
PARTIAL TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENT NG-1162
PROSECUTION EXHIBIT 581

EXTRACT FROM THE RECORD OF THE FIRST MEETING OF THE GENERAL COUNCIL OF THE FOUR YEAR PLAN, UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF DEFENDANT KOERNER, ON 20 DECEMBER 1939, AT WHICH STATE SECRETARY BACKE STATED THAT ONE AND ONE HALF MILLION POLES MUST BE ALLOCATED AS AGRICULTURAL WORKERS IN GERMANY


Reich Chancellery [RK] 30855B 21 December 1939
[Handwritten] WILL

[Handwritten]
Records referring to Reich
Chancellery 705B Top Secret
St. M. Dev. 11759 [Initials] KR [Kritzinger]
22 December [Initial] W [Willuhn]
To the files 22 December

1. Session of the General Council on 20 December 1939, Chairman
--State Secretary Koerner


Present: the State Secretaries:
Neumann
Dr. Stuckart
Reinhardt
Dr. Landfried
[Handwritten] RK31036B39 Backe
Dr. Syrup
Kleinmann
Alpers

Under State Secretary von Hanneken
The Ministerial Directors: Sommer, Mansfeld
Brigadier General Thomas
Professor Dr. Krauch
Reich Cabinet Councillor Dr. Willuhn
Ministerial Dirigent Marotzke

Senior Government Counselors Baermann, Schroetter

1. State Secretary Koerner opened the discussion by giving a survey of the development of the war economy up to the present time. He is able to state that for the time being the only difficulties are those arising from the traffic situation, but that endeavors are being made to remove them. He passes on to the decree of the Field Marshal regarding the transfer of the affairs of the Plenipotentiary General for the Economy [GBW] ; explains this decree, and states that the machinery of the Four Year Plan will remain small even after taking over some' members of the staff of the office of the Plenipotentiary General for the Economy. The machinery will still perform no departmental duties, but its main function will be to examine the incoming material for use in the General Council and for the 'use of the Field Marshal, to settle differences of opinion, and to ensure a unIform policy. In future the General Council will sit every Wednesday at 1600 hours. The next session will be held on Wednesday, 3 January 1940.

*****
III. State Secretary Backe reports on the'state of agricultural production.
*****

B. The new crop depends to a very great extent on the availability of means of production.
1. Labor-Although compulsory service measures [Dienstverpflichtungen] are not to be resorted to generally, ways must be found of ensuring that female labor from occupations related to agriculture, and part of the labor which will become available in industry, will be directed into agriculture. In addition, from January on, one and one half million Poles must roll into the areas of labor shortage, although they will constitute an additional burden on the supply system. It is of special importance for agricultural work that textiles and footwear should be made available.

2. Fuel.
*****
DR. GRAMSCH

Distribution:
State Secretary Koerner
State Secretary Neumann
State Secretary Dr. Stuckart
State Secretary Reinhardt
State Secretary Dr. Landfried
State Secretary Backe
State Secretary Dr. Syrup
State Secretary Kleinmann
State Secretary Alpers
Under State Secretary von Hanneken
Ministerial Director Sommer
Ministerial Director Mansfeld
Brigadier General Thomas
Reich Cabinet Councillor Dr. Willuhn
Ministerial Director Dr. Gritzbach
Ministerial Dirigent Marotzke
Ministerial Director Dr. Gramsch
https://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law ... l-XIII.pdf p. 945

This document establishes many things:
  • It affirms Fritz Reinhardt's direct involvement in the general council of the Four-Year Plan, which oversaw a great deal of economic policy including the sequestration and utilization of Jewish property in the East.
  • It proves Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in the planning of large-scale resettlement actions in Poland.
  • It provides precedent for the planned, large-scale (1.5 million) resettlement of populations in Poland for the purpose of agricultural labor. Clearly, these plans are not a euphemism for extermination.
  • It establishes that, from the beginning, it was planned to manufacture cheap shoes and textiles for resettled persons at a large scale.
This corroborates August Frank's statement on his understanding of the use of the footwear and textiles manufactured in Lublin. He is asked in questioning on the how "resettled persons" were supposed to work without any clothes and Frank states that manufactured shoes and textiles were issued to resettled persons:
PrudentRegret wrote: ↑
Sun May 10, 2020 5:48 pm
Q. Well, he didn't have much left for his people to use while they were there if he was using these people, because everything had been taken away from them.

A. Certainly, your Honor -- I said that everything was taken away from them; that fact that personal property was taken away from the Jews who were working there and assigned to labor there, was a thing I had misgivings about.

Q. And you thought that this was the property taken away from the people who were working there in this camp?

A. Of course. At that time it became known to us from various orders that Jews, together with their families, were resettled in the east, and I find a confirmation of those facts in one of the documents, in which it says the Jews together with their wives and children were to be transferred to various places around there on farms; and it was known to the WVHA that in the east hundreds of border farms had been established for that purpose, and which were used as such, which were operated by Jewish laborers until the end of the war.

Q. How did you think that these people were laborers -- when, under "E" in your order you say women's clothing and women's underwear, including footwear; children's clothing, and children's underwear, including footwear, have to be handed over?

A. Yes, I believe that would come from camps, and it must have come from camps because Globocnik himself reports that he had fifty-five thousand pairs of shoes manufactured and over one million and a half of clothes; in other words those things had to be manufactured; they must have been manufactured; and they were manufactured for those resettled persons.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... e+thousand

There is also a pair of documents from the IMT WVHA Case, Report to Himmler's office on the disposition of Jewish property, and instructions from Himmler to Pohl and Krueger which states:
On the realization of textile-salvage from the Jewish resettlement up to present date.

The enclosed statement gives an account of the quantity of old garments from the Jewish resettlement, that has been sent from the camps of Auschwitz and Lublin up to the present date...

...

The transportation hold-up to the Ukraine has been especially noticeable since December 1942, and prevented the delivery of old clothing indended for the racial Germans there...
Image

http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/docume ... settle#p.1

It makes sense that Pohl would give his report on the transportation of goods from "Auschwitz and Lublin", which are the camps/areas where we know Aktion Reinhardt was in effect.

These large quantities of shoes and clothes were repaired and sanitized (i.e. fumigated with Zyklon B) at Majdanek.

These documents collectively reinforce the conclusion that Aktion Reinhardt was an operation for the sequestration of Jewish Property. Lublin was both a manufacturing center for the production of cheap shoes and textiles to be issued to prisoners/resettled persons, and a repository for the confiscated goods that were sequestered around GG.

The goods were distributed according to the orders of the WVHA (issued by August Frank). The clothing was repaired and issued to racial German settlers. The valuables (Jewelry, cash, gold, securities, etc.) were sent to the WVHA headquarters where they were immediately delivered to the Reichsbank. The Reichsbank liquidated the valuables and credited the account of Max Heiliger, which was an account of the Ministry of Finance.

This initiative was named "Aktion Reinhardt" after Fritz Reinhardt, as Karl Sommer testified to in the trial:
Q. [sic] Therefore, I assume from your answer that from the type of watches which were being repaired here one could not draw the conclusion that these watches had been taken away from inmates who had been killed?

A. No, that assumption could not be drawn. I myself tried on one occasion to see an order according to which these watches had been confiscated. As far as I can recall, I talked to Melmer about that on one or two occasions. As far as I remember, it was Melmer told me at that time that these watches had been confiscated by virtue of a decree which the State Secretary Reinhardt in the Reich Ministry of Finance had issued, and that was the reason why this action had been given the name of Action Reinhardt.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... +Reinhardt

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 28759
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by Nessie »

PrudentRegret wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 7:14 pm
.....
PARTIAL TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENT NG-1162
PROSECUTION EXHIBIT 581

EXTRACT FROM THE RECORD OF THE FIRST MEETING OF THE GENERAL COUNCIL OF THE FOUR YEAR PLAN, UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF DEFENDANT KOERNER, ON 20 DECEMBER 1939, AT WHICH STATE SECRETARY BACKE STATED THAT ONE AND ONE HALF MILLION POLES MUST BE ALLOCATED AS AGRICULTURAL WORKERS IN GERMANY


Reich Chancellery [RK] 30855B 21 December 1939
[Handwritten] WILL

[Handwritten]
Records referring to Reich
Chancellery 705B Top Secret
St. M. Dev. 11759 [Initials] KR [Kritzinger]
22 December [Initial] W [Willuhn]
To the files 22 December

1. Session of the General Council on 20 December 1939, Chairman
--State Secretary Koerner


Present: the State Secretaries:
Neumann
Dr. Stuckart
Reinhardt
Dr. Landfried
[Handwritten] RK31036B39 Backe
Dr. Syrup
Kleinmann
Alpers

Under State Secretary von Hanneken
The Ministerial Directors: Sommer, Mansfeld
Brigadier General Thomas
Professor Dr. Krauch
Reich Cabinet Councillor Dr. Willuhn
Ministerial Dirigent Marotzke

Senior Government Counselors Baermann, Schroetter

1. State Secretary Koerner opened the discussion by giving a survey of the development of the war economy up to the present time. He is able to state that for the time being the only difficulties are those arising from the traffic situation, but that endeavors are being made to remove them. He passes on to the decree of the Field Marshal regarding the transfer of the affairs of the Plenipotentiary General for the Economy [GBW] ; explains this decree, and states that the machinery of the Four Year Plan will remain small even after taking over some' members of the staff of the office of the Plenipotentiary General for the Economy. The machinery will still perform no departmental duties, but its main function will be to examine the incoming material for use in the General Council and for the 'use of the Field Marshal, to settle differences of opinion, and to ensure a unIform policy. In future the General Council will sit every Wednesday at 1600 hours. The next session will be held on Wednesday, 3 January 1940.

*****
III. State Secretary Backe reports on the'state of agricultural production.
*****

B. The new crop depends to a very great extent on the availability of means of production.
1. Labor-Although compulsory service measures [Dienstverpflichtungen] are not to be resorted to generally, ways must be found of ensuring that female labor from occupations related to agriculture, and part of the labor which will become available in industry, will be directed into agriculture. In addition, from January on, one and one half million Poles must roll into the areas of labor shortage, although they will constitute an additional burden on the supply system. It is of special importance for agricultural work that textiles and footwear should be made available.

2. Fuel.
*****
DR. GRAMSCH

Distribution:
State Secretary Koerner
State Secretary Neumann
State Secretary Dr. Stuckart
State Secretary Reinhardt
State Secretary Dr. Landfried
State Secretary Backe
State Secretary Dr. Syrup
State Secretary Kleinmann
State Secretary Alpers
Under State Secretary von Hanneken
Ministerial Director Sommer
Ministerial Director Mansfeld
Brigadier General Thomas
Reich Cabinet Councillor Dr. Willuhn
Ministerial Director Dr. Gritzbach
Ministerial Dirigent Marotzke
Ministerial Director Dr. Gramsch
https://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law ... l-XIII.pdf p. 945

This document establishes many things:
  • It affirms Fritz Reinhardt's direct involvement in the general council of the Four-Year Plan, which oversaw a great deal of economic policy including the sequestration and utilization of Jewish property in the East.
  • It proves Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in the planning of large-scale resettlement actions in Poland.
No, in this case, Germany.
  • It provides precedent for the planned, large-scale (1.5 million) resettlement of populations in Poland for the purpose of agricultural labor. Clearly, these plans are not a euphemism for extermination.
No, it is about allocating 1.5 million Poles to Germany for agricultural work.

As for the use of euphemisms, the document does not refer to the Final Solution or liquidation or even resettlement.
  • It establishes that, from the beginning, it was planned to manufacture cheap shoes and textiles for resettled persons at a large scale.
It says nothing about manufacturing. It merely states textiles and footwear are to be provided.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

PrudentRegret
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by PrudentRegret »

Nessie wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 7:52 pm
  • It affirms Fritz Reinhardt's direct involvement in the general council of the Four-Year Plan, which oversaw a great deal of economic policy including the sequestration and utilization of Jewish property in the East.
  • It proves Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in the planning of large-scale resettlement actions in Poland.
No, in this case, Germany.
  • It provides precedent for the planned, large-scale (1.5 million) resettlement of populations in Poland for the purpose of agricultural labor. Clearly, these plans are not a euphemism for extermination.
No, it is about allocating 1.5 million Poles to Germany for agricultural work.

As for the use of euphemisms, the document does not refer to the Final Solution or liquidation or even resettlement.
  • It establishes that, from the beginning, it was planned to manufacture cheap shoes and textiles for resettled persons at a large scale.
It says nothing about manufacturing. It merely states textiles and footwear are to be provided.
Of course, by "large-scale resettlement actions in Poland" I am referring to the fact that large populations in Poland were resettled elsewhere. Whether their destination was in Germany or elsewhere in Poland is immaterial. Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in planning major resettlement actions in Poland, in his capacity as representative of the Reich Ministry of Finance.

This strengthens the logic for why an Aktion for the sequestration and utilization of property of resettled Jews would be named after Reinhardt. He had been directly involved in planning resettlement actions years prior to AR, so it makes perfect sense that the bureaucratic management of sequestered property would be named after him, especially given the direct involvement of his ministry in the Aktion as I have extensively demonstrated.
As for the use of euphemisms, the document does not refer to the Final Solution or liquidation or even resettlement.
It proves that the alleged "euphemisms" referred to real policy: large-scale resettlement for labor, where shoes and clothing were issued to laborers by Germany. Policy that Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in as early as 1939.
It says nothing about manufacturing. It merely states textiles and footwear are to be provided.
Yes, which corroborates what Frank says in the WVHA case. The personal clothing was sequestered, and they were provided work clothing and shoes. This proves that this was planned policy from the beginning and corroborates Frank's statements that shoes and clothes were manufactured in Lublin for resettled persons. This document fits Frank's statements.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 28759
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by Nessie »

PrudentRegret wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 8:50 pm
Nessie wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 7:52 pm
  • It affirms Fritz Reinhardt's direct involvement in the general council of the Four-Year Plan, which oversaw a great deal of economic policy including the sequestration and utilization of Jewish property in the East.
  • It proves Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in the planning of large-scale resettlement actions in Poland.
No, in this case, Germany.
  • It provides precedent for the planned, large-scale (1.5 million) resettlement of populations in Poland for the purpose of agricultural labor. Clearly, these plans are not a euphemism for extermination.
No, it is about allocating 1.5 million Poles to Germany for agricultural work.

As for the use of euphemisms, the document does not refer to the Final Solution or liquidation or even resettlement.
  • It establishes that, from the beginning, it was planned to manufacture cheap shoes and textiles for resettled persons at a large scale.
It says nothing about manufacturing. It merely states textiles and footwear are to be provided.
Of course, by "large-scale resettlement actions in Poland" I am referring to the fact that large populations in Poland were resettled elsewhere. Whether their destination was in Germany or elsewhere in Poland is immaterial. Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in planning major resettlement actions in Poland, in his capacity as representative of the Reich Ministry of Finance.

This strengthens the logic for why an Aktion for the sequestration and utilization of property of resettled Jews would be named after Reinhardt. He had been directly involved in planning resettlement actions years prior to AR, so it makes perfect sense that the bureaucratic management of sequestered property would be named after him, especially given the direct involvement of his ministry in the Aktion as I have extensively demonstrated.
The document is about Polish workers being taken to Germany to work and that there would be need for them to be given clothing and shoes.

That is a different operation from that to remove Jews from Germany and Poland and take their property from them.
As for the use of euphemisms, the document does not refer to the Final Solution or liquidation or even resettlement.
It proves that the alleged "euphemisms" referred to real policy: large-scale resettlement for labor, where shoes and clothing were issued to laborers by Germany. Policy that Fritz Reinhardt was directly involved in as early as 1939.
The lack of euphemisms for the operation to take Poles to work in Germany and give them shoes is because that was a completely separate operation from that of the Final Solution and answering of the Jewish question.
It says nothing about manufacturing. It merely states textiles and footwear are to be provided.
Yes, which corroborates what Frank says in the WVHA case. The personal clothing was sequestered, and they were provided work clothing and shoes. This proves that this was planned policy from the beginning and corroborates Frank's statements that shoes and clothes were manufactured in Lublin for resettled persons. This document fits Frank's statements.
Jews had their shoes taken from them, Poles had shoes provided to them.

The document about Polish workers in Germany has nothing to do with AR and its so called resettlement of the Jews.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 6956
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh. Swabia
Contact:

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by Huntinger »

Jews had their shoes taken from them, Poles had shoes provided to them.
All inmates of every prison in the world have their shoes taken off them. There are also many penal facilities which make shoes.
The document about Polish workers in Germany has nothing to do with AR and its so called resettlement of the Jews.
Wrong, the Reinhardt program was a financial and customs one; everyone played their part. Even the poster admits those selected to work did so and only the useless eaters sent to the gas. However, most of those people, perhaps many crossed the Bug to work in the RKU and Ostland; I am not producing the evidence again as I think 20 times is enough. This poster has not explained how 2.1 million Juden were transferred from Russian Territory to Polish Territory ( still USSR) in 1946. Most were within 50km of the Bug and Sans rivers. Over the two rivers they for the most part fed, sheltered and clothed themselves for years until sent back.


π•΄π–ˆπ– π–‡π–Šπ–—π–Šπ–šπ–Š π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™π–˜...π•Ύπ–”π–Ÿπ–Žπ–†π–‘ π–Œπ–Šπ–π–™ π–“π–šπ–— π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“π–†π–‘

βœ™π•³π–šΜˆπ–“π–™π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–Šπ–—

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests