Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Reviso

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by Reviso »

Perhaps it is useful to say that the book quoted by Huntinger is :
Hans-Joachim Braun, The German Economy in the Twentieth Century.
In the Routledge edition (2010), the passage is on p. 57 :
https://books.google.be/books?id=CzCtAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA57

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

The more I look into this the more blatantly obvious it is that AR was named after Fritz Reinhardt and not Reinhard Heydrich. I just did a couple of hours of sifting through the transcript of the IMT Pohl Case, and found many passages that directly corroborate these conclusions.

I made this post on the Skeptic Forums, but I'll also post it here for posterity.

---------------

"Reinhardt Fund"

Report on unfinished tasks and programs of office group W (economic enterprises) of the W.V.H.A.

Reading through the Nuremberg/IMT Pohl Case (1950) transcript, I noticed that the term "Reinhardt Fund" is used to describe the Reichsbank accounts that managed the assets acquired from the sequestered property of Aktion Reinhardt. This was named after Fritz Reinhardt, whose ministry established these accounts with the Reichsbank:
Reinhardt's fund (named after its creator, Fritz Reinhardt) was a group of Nazi German bank accounts where money and valuables stolen from concentration and death camp victims were kept. The money was used to finance a number of Nazi construction projects, including the construction of new concentration camps.
Source: Stanisław Dobosiewicz (1977). Mauthausen/Gusen; obóz zagłady (Mauthausen/Gusen; the Camp of Doom) (in Polish). Warsaw: Ministry of National Defence Press. p. 449. ISBN 83-11-06368-0.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhardt%27s_fund

The Wikipedia editors of the AR article, relying on H.E.A.R.T as their source, state that this was called the "Melmer" account.

H.E.A.R.T falsely states:
The Reichsbank established the "Melmer" account, named for SS-Hauptsturmfuehrer Bruno Melmer, into which the SS deposited looted gold and other assets confiscated from Holocaust victims and other civilians.
Unsurprisingly, Wikipedia is promoting calculated disinformation. Similar to the way that Nick Terry & Wikipedia conflate the terms "Einsatz Reinhardt" and "Aktion Reinhardt" to create confusion, here H.E.A.R.T has opted to ignore the real names of these accounts used in documents and discussed in trials that ties these accounts directly to the Reich Ministry of Finance, over which Fritz Reinhardt was State Secretary.

In fact, these accounts had several names, and it appears none of them was the "Melmer" account. I have seen no documents or witness testimony referring to these accounts as the "Melmer account."

One of the defendants of the trial, August Frank, who was Pohl's deputy chief of WVHA, describes the origin and name of these accounts:
Q. Do you know whether the valuables which were turned over to the Reichsbank became a deposit of the SS, or were these valuables finally turned over in this way to the Reich?

A. The following must be said in this respect in order to make it understandable. The Reichsbank took over these goods. This was not a deposit of the SS but these objects became the property of the Reichsbank without any further difficulty... The countervalue for this foreign exchange was placed in a special account by the Reichsbank, with the Reich Main Treasury. As Pohl had already testified, this account was called Max Heiliger. That was a fictional name, and this account was an account of the Reich Ministry of Finance. The WVHA was not able to dispose over this account. I was only able to figure it out from the documents because in my affidavit I stated that this had been an account of the WVHA.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... x+Heiliger

This account was created by the Reich Ministry of Finance, over which Fritz Reinhardt was State Secretary, and was given the pseudonym "Max Heiliger."

Frank describes a separate account, "Account 1288" that was also established with coordination between Himmler and the Reich Ministry of Finance. This account is also understood to be part of the "Reinhardt Fund":
Q. How was it then that this credit received the name "Reinhardt Fund"?

A. Because as I already stated, the first two installment payments were withdrawn from account 1288.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... hardt+Fund

So there were multiple accounts with different names: "Reinhardt Fund", "Reinhardt Account", "Max Heiliger", and "Account 1288." There is no mention at all of a "Melmer" account. Melmer's role was to physically transport the goods from the WVHA office directly to the Reichsbank, there was no account described by the witnesses or defendants or documents that was named after him.

Hans Baier, an SS official in Pohl's office in the WVHA, directly affirms his understanding that the "Reinhardt Fund" pertained to Fritz Reinhardt specifically:
Q. Were the funds coming from the Reinhardt Fund?

A. I don't know. I did not know it at the time, and that is why I asked.

Q. What did you mean when you said you wrote out the contract for the Reinhardt loan?

A. In the notice which was left behind, it said there was a contract between DWB and the Reich to be fixed, and the heading said "Reinhardt Fund". I thereupon reflected what this could be about, and I came across the name of State Secretary Reinhardt, whom I knew very well. He was my superior in the Reich Ministry of Finance.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... hardt+Fund

In a delicious irony, although H.E.A.R.T tries to revise the term "Reinhardt Fund" to "Melmer account" to shroud the clear connection to Fritz Reinhardt, Melmer himself apparently understood that the entire Aktion Reinhardt was based on Fritz Reinhardt's decrees and was named after him:

Karl Sommer was another deputy chief of the WVHA. He was asked in his examination:
Q. [sic] Therefore, I assume from your answer that from the type of watches which were being repaired here one could not draw the conclusion that these watches had been taken away from inmates who had been killed?

A. No, that assumption could not be drawn. I myself tried on one occasion to see an order according to which these watches had been confiscated. As far as I can recall, I talked to Melmer about that on one or two occasions. As far as I remember, it was Melmer told me at that time that these watches had been confiscated by virtue of a decree which the State Secretary Reinhardt in the Reich Ministry of Finance had issued, and that was the reason why this action had been given the name of Action Reinhardt.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... +Reinhardt

Not only was the Reinhardt Fund not called the "Melmer account" as claimed by H.E.A.R.T, but Melmer himself directly attributed the legal basis for Aktion Reinhardt to decrees issued by Fritz Reinhardt, and directly attributed the code-name of the operation to Fritz Reinhardt.

Notice, also, that Melmer and Karl Sommer understood that the confiscation of the property was established by a decree issued by Fritz Reinhardt, which corroborates the conclusions I establish here regarding the importance of Fritz Reinhardt's role in providing a legal basis for Aktion Reinhardt.

In fairness, I will paste the excerpts I found from the defendants/witnesses that support the theory that AR was named after Heydrich:
That's right, there are none. The "Heydrich" theory for AR's origin is simply a theory presented by the prosecution, and not at all corroborated by any of the documents, witnesses, or defendants involved in the operation, despite the fact that several of them testified to their understanding that it specifically referred to Fritz Reinhardt.

As if that weren't enough, Leo Volk, who was personal adviser to Pohl and head of Legal in Pohl's division in WVHA, described to the judge in detail why Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt:
Q. What did you think the Reinhardt Fund was?

A. The Reinhardt Fund I understood or thought to understand that the state secretary Reinhardt from the Reich Finance Ministry, who was an exponent of the Part and who was a friend of Schwerin von Krusiqk, who was Reich Finance Minister, had placed those funds at the disposal of the DWB. Reinhardt was also known to me from his work and his activity during peacetime for the very simple reason that he introduced in Germany communal administration in the big Reinhardt Reform which was the real taxation reform. He also established the Reinhardt Interest Bonuses. He compiled and wrote several books about taxation laws. Apart from that, all new taxes and finance reforms were actually taken care of by Reinhardt according to both the press and the propaganda. Furthermore, Reinhardt was written with "dt" at the end in this letter and as far as I know today Reinhard is spelled with a "d" at the end rather than a "dt". Apart from that, Herr Pohl once called me to his office, in Frank's presence, and told me that the Reich Finance Ministry wanted to give a credit to the DWB, if this would be possible.

All I could understand from this was that this was actually a fund which was placed at the disposal of the DWB by the second highest official in the Reich Finance Ministry.

BY JUDGE MUSMANNO:

Q. May I ask a question, please?

Is it customary for the name of the Minister to be attached to a purely governmental function?

A. I'm afraid the translation didn't quite get through, Your Honor.

Q. I'll put the question very specifically. The Reinhardt of whom you speak was Assistant Minister of the Treasury? Is that what I understand? Ministry of Finance, yes?

A. Yes, that's right. Graf Schwerin von Krossigk was the Minister. The State Secretary was Reinhardt. Schwerin von Krossigk was the professional man and was Reich Minister even prior to 1933, and state secretary Reinhardt was SA Obergruppenfuehrer.

Q. Anything coming out of the Ministry of Finance wouldn't bear the name of the Minister as such, would it, being a purely governmental operation?

A. Yes, but as I have stated before, the real taxation reform was also called the Reinhardt real tax reform. I have to understand from that if this fund is called "the Reinhardt Fund" that the Reich Finance Ministry placed certain monies at the disposal of the DWB.

Q. I can understand how, in the newspapers, the name could be attached to the operation, but, within the government itself, if it is a governmental action, I cannot understand why the name Reinhardt would be used.

A. Yes, Mr. Federal Judge, such names in particular were chosen. You see, series of actions received the names of leading personalities. The reason why this was done was that the Fuehrer principle was to be shown more clearly by doing that.

In Germany, even in governmental circles, one never spoke of a cabinet or a government, one always spoke of the man.

BY DR. GAWLIK:

Q. Witness, perhaps you can answer the following question.

Would you please explain to the Tribunal, witness, the personality of the Finance Minister Schwerin Krossigk and the personality of Reinhardt. Tell us which of the two was the most important person and why it was not at all difficult to understand that fund wasn't called according to the name Schwerin von Krossigk but rather according to the State Secretary? what part did von Krossigk play in social life and what was the role of Mr. Reinhardt in public life?

A. Mr. Defense Counsel, if I, as a rather young person, have to give you a judgment or my opinion on these two personalities I have to say that von Krossigk was the most important one of the two because he was a sensible, professionally very skilled man who, step by step, actually worked his way up to the position of Minister. Even in the democratic regime, Herr Reinhardt, up to 1933, was nothing but a simple teacher in a business school. It was only through the help of the Party that he became a SA-Gruppenfuehrer and SA Obergruppenfuehrer. It was he then who was placed a bit higher as an exponent of the Party, and all these things which von Krossigk had done to the German Reich while working hard, the financing, etc, all this, during the war, was said to have been done by Reinhardt. You could read in the paper: "Herr Reinhardt, and Reinhardt again." Reinhardt held speeches at every conference. The people in the Finance Ministry knew that the real man behind it all was von Krossigk. Others knew that, but we all knew that Reinhardt would be the one credited with everything. That was the reason that I didn't have a single doubt that Reinhardt was the man who had given the fund.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... inistry%22

In this passage, Dr. Volk explains to the judge the logical reason for Fritz Reinhardt's name to be used in this operation, and explicitly doubts that the origin of the name was Heydrich.

This is only a sample of the passages I've found that directly corroborate the conclusions I've drawn throughout this thread. There are simply too many for me to include in one post.

Is there no honest person here who will admit that the evidence is greater for the conclusion that Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt? Just like the First Reinhardt Program, and the Second Reinhardt Program, and the Reinhardt Taxes, and the Reinhardt Reform, and the Reinhardt Interest Bonuses, and the Reinhardt Fund, were all named after Fritz Reinhardt?

The truth will set you free.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Excellent post, when it is all finished perhaps you could collate this and put this in the formal propositions. It is interesting that over at Klowns where you posted, instead of looking at the material, Jeff 8675309 or JeffK as known here says the following:
Where’s the part about the “deportations” of Jews?
Like the trolls here and the hoaxers JeffK has an issue with staying on topic; most of what you posted will be above his somewhat limited intellect. No doubt Dr Terry will try and obscure the issue with another attempted blast of his verbal fog.
What you have also identified is that Wiki is a shocking source of factual information, being very open to such jüdisch misinterpretation for assist their hoax continuing.

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

The witnesses are frequently asked to specify the scope of AR, and they directly specify that extermination was not in the scope of AR. In fact they go even further and say that if exterminations were part of AR they would have known.

There are more passages to this trial to dissect; I'll make follow-up posts.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

PrudentRegret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:20 pm
The witnesses are frequently asked to specify the scope of AR, and they directly specify that extermination was not in the scope of AR. In fact they go even further and say that if exterminations were part of AR they would have known.

Thank you, I will leave it to you as economics is not my forte (which is why I am always broke :| ). If you can I would like your thoughts with reasons on the following questions:
  • Was this a border operation only?
  • If so was it confined to the General Government or did it extend to Ostland and the RKU?
  • Was it pilfering or a genuine collection of wealth according to the laws of the Reich? This is in regards to emigration.
Thanks, look forward to your next informative post.

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

Lupus Rothstein

Post by Lupus Rothstein »

Huntinger wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:26 pm
PrudentRegret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Thank you, I will leave it to you as economics is not my forte (which is why I am always broke :| ). If you can I would like your thoughts with reasons
If you're broke then why don't you stop scrounging off the state and get a job. I know you're minimum wage fodder but at least it will get you out the house where you spend all your time posting mumbo-jumbo on here. It's a win-win situation all round, for you, the tax-paying public, and forum members .
Last edited by Lupus Rothstein on Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

It was not a border operation. It was an operation for the sequestration/accounting/repair/utilization/plunder of Jewish property.

The misconception comes from the fact that deportations from GG created a requirement for the organized institution of AR. Hoefle was put in charge of deportations in GG and he was also head of the office Einsatz Reinhardt, which was responsible for implementation of AR in GG.

So "Einsatz Reinhardt" referred to a specific office in GG under Globocnik's command. It is distinct from "Aktion Reinhardt", which was the code-name named after Fritz Reinhardt. Hoefle was in charge of deportations, which was bureaucratically distinct from his responsibility for managing the assets acquired from the deportations (formally, AR).

We know AR was in effect beyond GG. AR was in effect at Auschwitz, and it referred to the processing of property. Hoess described AR in his memoirs as an operation for the processing of Jewish property.

There is no doubt there was a huge deportation operation in GG. The confusion stems from the fact that the same office responsible for deportations also managed AR, which makes sense because deportations created the need for AR.

But in this trial, none of the WVHA witnesses imply that deportations or exterminations were part of AR; they in fact directly say it was not.

After all, AR was named after Fritz Reinhardt and it would make no sense for the SS to name their secret extermination program after the State Secretary of the Reich Finance Ministry.

Also, one witness was asked why AR was a secret operation if it did not entail extermination, and the witness admitted that AR was an "unfair" policy that would make the Reich look bad if it were widely known. So that undermines the narrative that AR must have entailed exterminations if it was a secret initiative.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

PrudentRegret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:35 pm
Also, one witness was asked why AR was a secret operation if it did not entail extermination, and the witness admitted that AR was an "unfair" policy that would make the Reich look bad if it were widely known. So that undermines the narrative that AR must have entailed exterminations if it was a secret initiative.
It was known that the Reich took 90% of the wealth of those who emigrated; perhaps it was considered that der juden stole so much from the German people it was rightfully the Reichs. It would be interesting to know if the US seconded the wealth of the Japanese that were interned in their camps. I know the British did with German citizens.

I also wonder now if Konrad Morgan knew this? He had Koch executed for misappropriation.

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

It was a pretty brutal policy no matter how you slice it.

There's no need invent stories to try make "AR" seem worse than it actually was, and there's no need to make excuses to try to make it seem better than it was.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

PrudentRegret wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 am
It was a pretty brutal policy no matter how you slice it.

There's no need invent stories to try make "AR" seem worse than it actually was, and there's no need to make excuses to try to make it seem better than it was.
I guess that taking money from Juden is the equivalent of murdering them; at least in their minds, as wealth and life are of the same value. equivalence. One could easily see how one scenario could morph into the other.
A synonym for Economic Death is the Holocaust. Austerity Kills, some more than others.

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗