Sobibor Photos

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Huntinger

Re: Sobibor Photos

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 pm

I don't think that the outer fence shows any insulators. Those are just the tops of wooden posts cut from saplings by someone who was very good with an axe. The blow is struck from an angle leaving an oblong of cut wood. I've seen this done by my father who was cutting similar fence posts from willows so this isn't just a supposition.
Thanks the fence is so weak that it would not stop a sheep let alone determined people. I can see the slope now. The inner fence is built around a hedge which would take years to grow. Throwing plants up against that would not last long. So much for the braveness of the Sobibor revolt, they would have pushed the fence down.
It would be pointless to have an electric wire over the fence when someone could crawl through.
The hedge was used throughout the camp, not the least for aesthetic reasons. It looks good.

Die soziale Heimatpartei
𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

Amt IV

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

The covering on the fence around the gate does seem to be live foliage but the picture above it seems to show just brush piled up near the fence. I have no idea what the conical mounds are made from let alone their purpose. Just brush and detritus from clearing the yard shown in the photo? At any rate I can't discern anything that would indicate a sinister or lethal purpose for that camp.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:07 pm
The covering on the fence around the gate does seem to be live foliage but the picture above it seems to show just brush piled up near the fence. I have no idea what the conical mounds are made from let alone their purpose. Just brush and detritus from clearing the yard shown in the photo? At any rate I can't discern anything that would indicate a sinister or lethal purpose for that camp.
I thought the hedge was there and the foliage was pushed against the hedge. On the corner one can see the hedge turning at right angles; either way it is an area recently cleared of shrub. Looks like a chook house or an implement shed put in the middle.
Maybe that is the Sobibor gaskammer. :mrgreen:
The buildings look good, very Germanic almost Bavarian, the double storied house is impressive. For a camp set up in the middle of no where this is impressive. Los Alamos was set up quickly but instead of nice buildings like these, they only had quickly built huts and prefabs.
Los Alamos WWII

Die soziale Heimatpartei

Amt IV

Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Turnagain wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:07 pm
Obviously no Nazi is going to photo incriminating evidence of gassings and mass graves. The real issue, which you dodge, is why no photos of the alleged transit camp function?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:24 am
Obviously no Nazi is going to photo incriminating evidence of gassings and mass graves. The real issue, which you dodge, is why no photos of the alleged transit camp function?
The obvious explanation is that these were snap shots, no need to take them at all as they were hidden for 75 years with no intention of anything, except family albums; this is perfectly normal behavior. These snaps shots show an instant of time, nothing untoward happening; these will count as evidence to debunk the hoaxing myth in future times. We would like to see more of the photos if anyone procures them.

As the poster is ignoring most, what it is asking has been mentioned numerous occasions.

Die soziale Heimatpartei

Amt IV

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Nessie wrote:
The real issue, which you dodge, is why no photos of the alleged transit camp function?
If there were photos of deportees arriving at the camp and no photos of deportees departing your claim might hold water. The question being, how would you know whether the deportees were arriving or departing from Sobibor if all that was shown was a snapshot of a group of people on a train siding along with some boxcars?

Sandhurst

Post by Sandhurst »

Turnagain wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:58 am
Nessie wrote:
The real issue, which you dodge, is why no photos of the alleged transit camp function?
If there were photos of deportees arriving at the camp and no photos of deportees departing your claim might hold water. The question being, how would you know whether the deportees were arriving or departing from Sobibor if all that was shown was a snapshot of a group of people on a train siding along with some boxcars?
It it is suggested that you and Nessie are the same person, as well as Werd. They styles are so similar to be discounted. Anything to say.
"Never argue with the data." - Sheen, Jimmy Neutron

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Sandhurst wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:00 am
It it is suggested that you and Nessie are the same person, as well as Werd. They styles are so similar to be discounted. Anything to say.
This thought was postulated about a year ago, cannot remember by whom. Ambivalence at its best and procrastination at its worst if this is the case.

Die soziale Heimatpartei

Amt IV

Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Turnagain wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:58 am
Nessie wrote:
If there were photos of deportees arriving at the camp and no photos of deportees departing your claim might hold water.
There are no photos at all of the camp station or trains or large numbers of people at the trains or being processed in any way. There is no photographic evidence to back up the denier claim Sobibor was a transit camp.

Plenty of other photos were taken of transports, arrivals and departures, best known being the Hungarian arrivals at Birkenau. It was not odd for staff at camps to photograph what was happening and show labourers working, or transports arriving/departing.

Why is Sobibor an exception? Another exception is TII. Kurt Franz took photos at that camp, but he failed to show any signs of transports of people at all. Indeed, it is not clear from the photos alone, what the purpose of each camp was.

That makes sense, when they were death camps.
The question being, how would you know whether the deportees were arriving or departing from Sobibor if all that was shown was a snapshot of a group of people on a train siding along with some boxcars?
There could be indications such as are people getting off or climbing onto the train? Are people shown walking into the camp, or walking onto teh platform? If they are just standing around, it could be either.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Sandhurst wrote:
Nope. Don't have a clue of how to prove I, Werd and Nessie aren't the same person. IP addresses and such are beyond my limited computer skills. Perhaps someone else can take on that chore. It seems a rather farfetched theory, though.