Have deniers actually caused any revisions?

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Mr. KnowItAll

Have deniers actually caused any revisions?

Post by Mr. KnowItAll » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm

I came across a thread on the SkepticForum which basically asks the question.

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=28756

On the thread, one post stood out from the rest by Balsamo:
To pretend that "revisionist" "studies" have directly influenced historical research is absurd.
Any honest person - that is a person without prejudice - who read those "studies" can only shake his head in disbelieve considering the unscientific methodology used.

What can be conceded though is that the denier phenomenon might have given an impulse to look deeper into some aspects of the Holocaust - although i think that this would have had happened anyway.

I think here of the first Faurisson case in France when the Justice had actually to prove legally that Faurisson was wrong. It certainly gave a kind of wake up call which resulted in the organization of a couple of symposiums on what in France is known as "negationisme"in the 80's.

One can also said that it is denierism that motivated the creation of blogs like Holocaust controversies that now offers a formidable amount of knowledge to anyone visiting the blog, allowing people willing to learn to be much more "educated" on the Holocaust.

And i guess that this forum would not exist without this thing called "Holocaust denial".

That would be about it.
Have deniers solely caused any actual revisions? If so, which ones?
"It was the first time I had seen Hitler close at hand. Face and head of inferior type, cross-breed; low receding forehead, ugly nose, broad cheekbones, little eyes, dark hair. Expression not of a man exercising authority in perfect self-command, but of raving excitement. At the end an expression of satisfied egotism."

- Max von Gruber's description of Hitler at the Beer Hall Putsch trial in 1923

Huntinger

Re: Have deniers actually caused any revisions?

Post by Huntinger » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Mr. KnowItAll wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm
I came across a thread on the SkepticForum which basically asks the question.

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=28756

On the thread, one post stood out from the rest by Balsamo:
To pretend that "revisionist" "studies" have directly influenced historical research is absurd.
Any honest person - that is a person without prejudice - who read those "studies" can only shake his head in disbelieve considering the unscientific methodology used.

What can be conceded though is that the denier phenomenon might have given an impulse to look deeper into some aspects of the Holocaust - although i think that this would have had happened anyway.

I think here of the first Faurisson case in France when the Justice had actually to prove legally that Faurisson was wrong. It certainly gave a kind of wake up call which resulted in the organization of a couple of symposiums on what in France is known as "negationisme"in the 80's.

One can also said that it is denierism that motivated the creation of blogs like Holocaust controversies that now offers a formidable amount of knowledge to anyone visiting the blog, allowing people willing to learn to be much more "educated" on the Holocaust.

And i guess that this forum would not exist without this thing called "Holocaust denial".

That would be about it.
Have deniers solely caused any actual revisions? If so, which ones?
Who cares?
𝕲𝕰𝕾𝕿𝕬𝕻𝕺

rollo the ganger

Re: Have deniers actually caused any revisions?

Post by rollo the ganger » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Sticking with the topic at hand I have to give credit where credit is due. When Berg presented his essay that diesel engines couldn't be utilized to commit the mass murders at Treblinka that it was originally claimed they did there was quite a tizzy and scramble amongst the hoaxster community in regards to damage control. The conversion of the narrative due to his essay from diesel engines to petrol engines on the part of the hoaxsters was quite pathetic. Technical issues aside it was quite a coup on Berg's part. But that is not they only revision prompted by deniers but the hour is late and I shall retire for the evening. Good night folks.