A Churchill quotation about Hitler's Germany and bankers

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Reviso

A Churchill quotation about Hitler's Germany and bankers

Post by Reviso » Mon May 06, 2019 12:03 pm

I have doubts about the authenticity of the following quotation (used by VFX under his posts on this forum) :

"Germany's unforgivable crime before World War Two was its
attempt to loosen its economy out of the world trade system and to
build up an independent exchange system from which the world-finance
couldn't profit anymore. ..." - Winston Churchill (The Second World War
- Bern, 1960). (Quoted in WITNESS TO HISTORY 2013 Edition, A Michael Walsh Compilation p. 47)
Archive.org

"The unforgivable sin of Hitler's Germany was to develop a new
economic system by which the international bankers were deprived of
their profits." - Winston Churchill. (Quoted ib. p. 148)

Here, the version with the word "sin" is reproduced with "Jewish" before "bankers" :
Richard Spencer Zionism Texas

In the two following discussions, Churchill's 1960 book is not mentioned :
Google groups

Reddit

There are also discussions on Stormfront and Axis History Forum, but Google says me that these sites are not safe, so I didn't look.

I don't find it very likely that Churchill expressed such an idea as his own in a book published in 1960.
R.

Huntinger

Re: A Churchill quotation about Hitler's Germany and bankers

Post by Huntinger » Mon May 06, 2019 3:27 pm

I think you might need to purchase Churchills book and peruse it. There are actually 5 books, a whole series of them. This is a darn lot of reading, much of it written with a glass of scotch in one hand and a cigar in the other it would seem.
𝕲𝕾𝕻
π”Šπ”’π”₯𝔒𝔦π”ͺ𝔒 𝔲𝔫𝔑 π”–π”±π”žπ”žπ”±π”°π”­π”¬π”©π”¦π”·π”’π”¦ π”£π”²Μˆπ”― 𝔑𝔒𝔫 𝔖𝔦𝔠π”₯𝔒𝔯π”₯𝔒𝔦𝔱𝔰𝔑𝔦𝔒𝔫𝔰𝔱

Scott
Site Admin

Re: A Churchill quotation about Hitler's Germany and bankers

Post by Scott » Tue May 07, 2019 12:23 am

I can't vouch for Stormfront, as I never go there, but Axis History Forum is perfectly safe. The site dates back almost twenty years now. I mostly quit posting over there since about 2003 because that is when RODOH was started and my time is limited.

http://forum.axishistory.com/index.php

The problem is that they are using a secure server URL (https) but without the secure validation; it is no big deal, just an oversight. You can try the url with or without the s after http, but just override any non-secure site warning, if there is one.

I didn't spend too much time on this issue but I doubt that Mr. Churchill ever said it so clearly; the man was a master at dissembling.

From one of your links, the following seems like it might be correct:

This quote is from this "Foreword to the second edition (2001)" to Propaganda in the Next War (1938). [by Rogerson, Sidney, 1894-1968].

This foreword was written by David M. Pidcock. He doesn't give a source for this other than saying "as Winston Churchill pointed out to Lord Robert Boothby."

The latest version of the above book that I could find in Worldcat was 1972 not 2001.

You might e-mail David Irving--who did an honest three-volume biography on Churchill minus the usual hagiography--and see if Irving knows anything about any exchange between Churchill and Lord Robert Boothby.

If Irving responds--he's over age 80 now--my guess is that he will tell you that it's a myth, but that is just a guess on my part.

info@fpp.co.uk

focalp@aol.com

I'm not sure which link above is the best. Irving uses both.

:)

β€œNow we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England