Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).

Moderators: Budu Svanidze, Joe Future

Turnagain

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2019)

Post by Turnagain » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:34 pm

I don't usually gripe about what others post but AirfixGeneral's attempt to turn the "Forensic Psychiatry and the "Holocaust Syndrome" thread into a slanging match about German troop's so-called transvestites and alleging forum member's homosexuality is both off topic and over the line. Neither do I appreciate him altering my screen name. At a minimum, his posts would be more appropriate in the Siberian Exile forum.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Turnagain wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:34 pm
I don't usually gripe about what others post but AirfixGeneral's attempt to turn the "Forensic Psychiatry and the "Holocaust Syndrome" thread into a slanging match about German troop's so-called transvestites and alleging forum member's homosexuality is both off topic and over the line. Neither do I appreciate him altering my screen name. At a minimum, his posts would be more appropriate in the Siberian Exile forum.
I concur!
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

AirfixGeneral

Post by AirfixGeneral » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Turnagain wrote:
Oh dears, im nots feelings much brotherlies love from you, turnagains.

No matters, maybes when your loves for niscos runs dries, you can loves me likes a brothers too xx

AirfixGeneral

Post by AirfixGeneral » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:56 pm

been-there wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:45 pm
Turnagain wrote:
I concur!
I Claudius

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Sorry, AirFix, but a 24 hour board-wide ban for you, which includes Siberia.

Please approach the board with some decorum and stay on topic in the future. H&G is not the Siberia subforum, nor is RODOH the Broadway version of HIV Hamilton.

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

Trolljegeren

Post by Trolljegeren » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 pm

There are so many thread topics here, to start a new one, a search needs to be done to find out if a similar thread has been started in the past. Could there be made some sort of a simple index system to alert people to the topics and thread intentions without the laborious task of doing a personal search. Yup I am lazy.
I can do it, by sorting and comparing threads if it can be somehow put in a prominant place, able to be updated and not interfere with the new posts. I prefer to drink bier, but as Scott said (I am sure he said this) that he doesn't have much to do and gets bored; he might like to organize this. I will drink to this if he does.
Bears drink 100 cans of bier (øl, ale) after cabin break in

Ekkert er eftirsjá
Nordisk motstandsbevegelse

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:33 pm

I don't have a problem with starting new threads if it isn't obvious that a subject has been discussed before--most subjects have already been discussed ad nauseam anyway.

And then I don't have a problem with those threads "evolving" with the discussion. Robust discussion is usually fine, too.

What I do have a problem with is when threads are derailed by trolling, or Is-Too/Is-Not, and then this is systematically applied to other threads, which effectively or even intentionally disrupts the discussion of the board.

I don't like draconian moderation, either, so this by definition depends upon a lot of cooperation on the part of participants to keep the "real" of the debate in RODOH.

Thanks

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
historian – England

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:40 pm

Budu Svanidze, Joe Future are the posted moderators of the Holocaust forum, but all we see is the torpedo Depth Check.
What happened to the other moderators apart from Nessies nemesis.
Geheime Staatspolizei

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 am

Budu works long hours on the road, I think, so basically seldom reads or posts these days. I talked to him via e-mail not too long ago to check my contact.

Joe Future mostly only puts in an appearance in Siberia, but hasn't been around much either.

I could clean this up a bit, I guess.

historian – England

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:30 am

Scott wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 am
I could clean this up a bit, I guess.
For what it is worth Herr Scott, it may not be appropriate to appoint the lochness gulag Häftling as a moderator of the Holocaust forum. Bad joke I know, however, I and other colleagues have had issues with Been-There but the man has integrity, he carries his heart on the sleeve. He would be a worthy nominee to replace the time constrained non functional moderators. Depth Check must be running out of torpedos by now. :D
Geheime Staatspolizei