Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2018)

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).

Moderators: Budu Svanidze, Joe Future

Friedrich Paul Berg

Re: Holocaust Forum only - Moderation Requests (2018)

Post by Friedrich Paul Berg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 am

Good for you Depth Check to finally suspend Nessie's posting privileges for "lying." Nesie lied so often--usually telling the exact same lies even after those lies were exposed many times over and over.

Maybe there is some hope for RODOH and free and fair discussion of one of the most important subjects anywhere.

FPBerg

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Moderator,
Per your own description of this forum, the language that FP Berg uses should not allowed. Yet he does so with impunity.
Please enforce your own rules.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Frankie wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Moderator,
Per your own description of this forum, the language that FP Berg uses should not allowed. Yet he does so with impunity.

Please explain.

Mr. Berg can say anything that he wants in his e-mails.

And not to speak for Depth Check, who is the Lead Moderator at RODOH, but if you are talking about Guillaume Nichols in the Did Fred Leuchter actually write this thread, as far as I know he is not even a member of this forum.

While I do agree that if he were, some standard forum courtesies might need to be enforced--but remember to be careful about what you wish for.

This is fundamentally a free-speech forum for the Big-H, and it is tough to have a free-speech forum that practices censorship.

So we should be respectful to each other here, but remember that this is a very contentious subject at best, and it must be assumed that the people at this forum do not have overly sensitive hides.

Also, and I am sure that DC agrees, we can't moderate a bunch of school kiddies. There just are not that many hours in the day.

:)

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Scott:
I suggest that you actually read what it says about this particular forum:
Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
That should help you out.

And you said:
Also, and I am sure that DC agrees, we can't moderate a bunch of school kiddies. There just are not that many hours in the day.
That makes no sense. The Mods do moderate some members, but I guess not all with equal effort.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:40 pm

We trashed the late Elie Wiesel here on an almost daily basis. But if he had joined the forum and faced his accusers, then we would have needed to enforce ad hominem arguments far more strictly as he would be a member of our discussion community.

I would prefer that all posters voluntarily comply with standards of decency here, but the fact is that some people are more sensitive and more thin-skinned than others--just as some are more, shall we say, blunt than others.

Enforcement is a balancing act and the punishments are meant to be fairly perfunctory and progressively increased in order to encourage free expression and compliance without being censorious. This is Depth Check's call in any case.

Another possibility is to try posting in the Formal Debate section which has far stricter rules.

“Now we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
historian – England

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Mod:
I am not this [name]' guy that some, in a desperate attempt to distract, claim. I would ask that you tell a few people here to not refer to me as him.
It is simply not true and it violates your own rules.
Thanks.
Last edited by Scott on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Frankie wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Mod:
I am not this [name] guy that some, in a desperate attempt to distract, claim. I would ask that you tell a few people here to not refer to me as him.
It is simply not true and it violates your own rules.
Thanks.

PM or e-mail me when it happens and I will put a stop to it.

Thanks

Last edited by Scott on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name

historian – England

Depth Check
Site Moderator

Post by Depth Check » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Frankie wrote:
Moderator,

False. Mr. Berg has been banned several times for his language.

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Depth Check wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 pm
Frankie wrote:
Moderator,

False. Mr. Berg has been banned several times for his language.
Yet he continues too do it, in the extreme.

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Frankie needs to be put into Siberian exile for awhile. He has yet to respond to any requests from him and just spams the EXACT same thing over and over - even to posts that are not addressed to him. That'd be fine if it weren't for his ignoring of the many interactions that have been made of him to elaborate on his one unchanging spam post.