Kurt Franz interview?

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
been-there
Propositions Moderator

Kurt Franz interview?

Post by been-there »

Kurt Franz
http://www.jta.org/1993/08/03/archive/d ... by-germany

Kurt Franz (far right) at Belzec.
Franz Stangl (left) and Kurt Franz (right) at Treblinka.

Kurt Franz (far right) at Treblinka trial, 1965.

Franz at home in Dusseldorf with his wife, 1990's.

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic ... 6&t=175843
Last edited by been-there on Mon May 21, 2018 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Kurt Franz interview?

Post by been-there »

Last edited by been-there on Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Translation (not mine)

Kurt Franz, born in 1914, was commander of the Treblinka extermnation camp. The High Court in Düsseldorf sentenced him, based on charges of "assistance to murder in at least 300,000 cases, murder on 139 persons in at least 35 cases, and attempted murder" to life in prison. Those 300,000 persons had been gassed under his command, 139 persons died by his own hands. Kurt Franz meanwhile had been released from prison. In a German court he never confessed to being the former commander of Treblinka.

Interviewer: Mr. Franz, I assume it was clear that Trebblinka was an extermination camp.
Franz: Yes, people died there or had their lives taken.

I: By gas?
F: By gas

I: How was the gas produced?
F: I haven't seen that but I knew there was a French truck. If I am not wrong some Saurer or Saurer Engine. And there exhaust gas was led into the cells. The cells had been on the side.

I: How long did the people suffer?
F: I cannot say, you know. It was said 4 to 10 minutes. But I cannot say. I was not in charge up there. Some Oberschaführer Matthes was in charge, but he was not a real Oberschaführer, more a police officer. In Treblinka all were police officers whereas in Belzec some SS officer named Nieman did the work, which was done in Treblinka by this man.

I: You have seen gassings in two camps? Not only "seen", you attended gassings?
F: I know that it had happened, I know it. I wasn’t sent to Treblinka to be told those things. Everything was done secretly, under camouflage. But I knew it, I saw it, I was angry, even in Treblinka.

I: You ddn't want to assist?
F: I didn't want to particpate and that meant death to Jirmann and it meant death to this Ukrainian Alexejew Pior, who was shot then.

I: I have here in front of me a Treblinka plan. Can you show me how the gassing procedure happened?
F: People were driven inside by wagons. I think 20 wagons were fitting inside. And then the doors were swept open. Those were always Jews, even when I arrived there. If from Stangl or Eberl, I don't know. I never experienced Eberl. The Jews were unloaded and led to this place, I don't remember, having been sided by two huts or one but I think one. Those people had to enter the hut and undress. So far I can say that.

I: Strip naked?
F: Naked. And there was a corner where the women's hair was cut off. This was done by Suchomel with whom I am really angry because he accused me. And then those Jews — and to be honest I never saw children — were led through the so-called "tube", which was completely covered with tan, it was hidden like everything in the camp. They had an extra camouflage command, led by someone named Südow, or so. He was responsible that no one could see a thing. The Jews were then led up here and entered the so-called gas chamber. And there they were gassed. That is a fact. From this position I do not move.

I: Did you see the montains of dead bodies?
F: No. I hadn't seen it. I knew from where I probably could have seen it but that would have meant to peak through a hole or cut some wire: I didn't go there. I was disgusted. I cannot stand such things. I couldn't see people burn. They had been put here on a roast and burnt. Here they were burnt.

I: What happened to the ashes?
F: I cannot say. There was initially no roast. Whem I was there there was none. Some other Ünterführer made the roast. Before that there were graves (pits), in which the corpses were laid. By crane. They came from the gas chamber and had been carried to the pits. That's how I see it. And after the roast was available they had been torn out by crane and put on the roast...Jews did that... I didn't take notice of it. They had been placed on it...even the ones out of the soil...and they were burnt. And then there were sieves. Anglulated ones like for sieving sand...and the ashes were sieved through it, and what remained as concrete was mangled and whipped until all...

I: Disappeared?
F: Disappeared.

I: Have you seen "furuncle SS"?
F: Who?

I: Furuncle SS, someone named Booz, he was in the SS not wanting to participate in gassing, so he scratched own furuncles until they were infected. He then was discharged.
F: In Treblinka?
I: Yes
F: No, I don't know of furuncle.

I: You said the women's hair was cut off. Wasn't it the gold jews who took the jewelery and the dentists tearing out the teeth. Do you know about that?
F: I never heard anything like that. I haven't seen it. That was an internal affair, not my business. Up there Matthes was the one responsible. Up there where the Jews were killed, Küttner was the one in charge. I was in charge for the guards. That was the assignment. This Küttner didn't take orders fom me. He was police officer in the highest rank.

I: Did you see how the items were delivered, like the gold?
F: In this cottage the clothing was sorted. That was the clothing cottage where the rail track was. Those garments were simply stockpiled by some working jews...garments and glasses... You could see that without problem, it was in the middle of the place.

I: From which army branches did the German forces derive?
F: All from police with very few exceptions of general SS

I: Waffen SS?
F: I was Waffen SS and probably one more person named Willi Mätzig, aka Bubi. He was the paymaster. He was inm charge, he was Waffen SS.

I: The rest Ukrainians?
F: Ukrainians and German speaking ones you cannot call Ukraainians.

I: Volksdeutsch?
F: They were Russian and came from behind the Urals. They spoke fuently with Württemberg accents. They had lived there a longtime like their parents and grand parents. They spoke perfect German. Probably Volksdeutsche. In former times we nicknamed them "booty Germans".

I: Those mass murderers happened half a century ago, what do you think of them today?
F: If I had known what would have come after I changed from the Wehrmacht to the SS - never would I have changed.For the simple reason I cannot stand what happened there, this Treblinka and Belzec.

I: Why were those people killed? Criminals?
F: What ‘why’? I never ever have had any problems with jews. And I have to insist that the co-accuser, some Dr. Neuman had testified that I had been in his appartment long ago having threatened him. I didn't know this man. I didn't have anything against jews. I played handball with them in Ratingen and I played with them in Düsseldof against Makabi. I hadn't any dispute. I don't see differences between catholics, protestants or jews. I had a jewish friend named Ballach who own a pub in Ratingen, that is a friend of mine. When I was young I went into some dancing club called Hirsch - in the age of 18 or 19. The owners name was also Hirsch, Kurt Hirsch. He was my friend. I had no reason to kill those people.

In Belzec and Treblinka tens of thousands were killed, women children and men. What did you think?
F: I was against. In the beginning nobody knew it anyway. Some pits were dug. In 1942 when I came nothing happened.
I didn't know what the pits were for. There was an old border line — the old Austrian-Russian borderline — between Belzec and Rawaruska. That I knew. I didn't know what was to come.

I: What would you do receiving the same orders today?
F: Never, ever.
Last edited by been-there on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
-- Anonymous

Nessie

Post by Nessie »

More evidence of mass gassing by someone who is trying to wriggle out of their responsibility in what took place. Not knowing for sure what happened, not being responsible and/or being coerced were the standard Nazi defences.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

SFinesilver

Post by SFinesilver »

Nessie wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:16 am
More evidence of mass gassing by someone who is trying to wriggle out of their responsibility in what took place.

Speaking of responsibilities Nessie:

Hanna Hasbara's questions to Nessie:

When you say "with the utmost certainty" - is that the same level of certainty that you use to claim 11 extant "huge mass graves" have been located / proven to exist - via the scientific method - within the boundary of the Treblinka II camp - Yes. - or - No. - ??

Nessie's - Yes. - or - No. - answer: Yes

When you say "using the scientific method" - is that the same method that you use to claim - with the utmost certainty - that 11 extant "huge mass graves" have been located / proven to exist within the boundary of the Treblinka II camp - Yes. - or - No. - ??

When you say "burial site" - are you including the total volume of all 11 “huge mass graves” that you claim - with the utmost certainty - have been located / proven to exist - via the scientific method - within the boundary of the Treblinka II camp - Yes. - or - No. - ??

When you say "prove" - do you mean prove with the same standard of proof that you use to claim - with the utmost certainty - that 11 extant "huge mass graves" have been proven to exist - via the scientific method - within the boundary of the Treblinka II camp - Yes. - or - No. - ??

Can you, with the utmost certainty and using the scientific method prove that Treblinka II is not the burial site of at least 813,000 jews - Yes. - or - No. - ??

Nessie's - Yes. - or - No. - answer: No as it does contain at least that number of remains

SFinesilver's questions to Nessie:

#49 - The MAXIMUM number of the 11 claimed / alleged / insinuated - discernable / measurable extant graves of Treblinka II identified by The N.A.F.H. that you can currently prove - with the same standard of proof applied in U.S. criminal courts - that have actually been located / proven to exist in which legitimate archaeologists / forensic investigators have, via bona fide, verifiably honest and conclusively documented methodology - literally unearthed scientifically verified human remains; is no less than __?__.

Nessie's single numeric answer: 11

#50 - The MAXIMUM number of the 11 claimed / alleged / insinuated - discernable / measurable extant graves of Treblinka II identified by The N.A.F.H. that you can currently prove - with the same standard of proof applied in U.S. criminal courts - that have actually been located / proven to exist in which legitimate archaeologists / forensic investigators have, via bona fide, verifiably honest and conclusively documented methodology - literally unearthed the remains of at least 19 people; is no less than __?__.

Nessie's single numeric answer: 11
D - Has it been alleged in orthodox historiography that; during WW II, Germany used "resettlement to the east" as a euphemism for transiting jews to the so-called "top secret" - PURE EXTERMINATION CAMPS - Yes. - or - No. - ?? - Nessie's answer: Yes.

E - Has it been alleged in orthodox historiography that; during WW II, the so-called "pure extermination camps" were - THE END OF THE LINE - for virtually everyone transited to those camps - Yes. - or - No. - ?? - Nessie's answer: Yes.

Is it - True. - or - False. - that; during WW II, Germany actually transited jews to labor camps / ghettos - that were located east of the Belzec, Chelmno, Sobibor and Treblinka II camps - ?? - Nessie's answer: True.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2078&start=210#p65945

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

So, the filmed interviews of Kurt Franz in the 1980's? Anyone know anything about them?
-- Anonymous

onetruth

Post by onetruth »

been-there wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:11 am
Kurt Franz
Another Nazi officer admits mass extermination at treblinka contrary to been there fantasies.

I wonder what is your explanation to all those nazi evidence of Gassing in Treblinka ?

Here is another one :

Heinrich Arthur Matthes:

During the entire time I was in Treblinka, I served in the upper camp. The upper camp was that part of Treblinka with the gas chambers, where the Jews were killed and their corpses laid in large pits and later burned. About fourteen Germans carried out services in the upper camp. There were two Ukrainians permanently in the upper camp. One of them was called Nikolai, the other was a short man, I don't remember his name ... These two Ukrainians who lived in the upper camp served in the gas chambers. They also took care of the engine room when Fritz Schmidt was absent. Usually this Schmidt was in charge of the engine room. In my opinion, as a civilian he was either a mechanic or a driver. He came from Pirna ... I carried out the roll calls of the working Jews in the upper camp. There were about 200-300 such working Jews. They took away the corpses and later burned them. There were also working Jews who had to break out the gold teeth from the corpses. When I was asked whether a special working group examined the corpses for hidden jewelry and valuables, I answered: "About this I don't know"

And another one :

August Miete :

There were always sick and crippled people in the transports.... There were also those who had been shot and wounded en route by SS, policemen, or Latvians who guarded the transports. These ill, crippled, and wounded passengers were brought to the Lazaret by a special group of workers. Inside the Lazaret they placed or lay these people at the edge of the pit. When all the sick and wounded had been brought, it was my job to shoot them. I fired at the nape of the neck with a 9 mm pistol. Those shot would fall... into the pit... The number of people shot in this way from each transport varied. Sometimes two or three, and sometimes twenty or even more. They included men and women, young and old, and also children

And another one

Erwin Lambert

was in the extermination camp of Jews for about two to three weeks. It was sometime in autumn 1942, but I don’t remember exactly when. At that time I was assigned by Wirth to enlarge the gassing structure according to the model of Treblinka.
I went to Sobibor together with Lorenz Hackenholt, who was at that time in Treblinka. First of all, I went with Hackenholt to a sawmill near Warsaw. There Hackenholt ordered a big consignment of wood for reconstruction in Sobibor.
Finally, both of us went to Sobibor. We reported there to the camp commander, Reichleitner. He gave us the exact directives for the construction of the gassing installations. The camp was already in operation, and there was a gassing installation. Probably the old installation was not big enough, and reconstruction was necessary.

And another one

Franz Stangl

admitted to these killings but argued: "My conscience is clear. I was simply doing my duty...

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

For onetruth.

List of some of the accused who pleaded guilty and confessed:
Rebecca Eames
Abigail Hobbs
Mary Lacy Sr
Mary Osgood
Tituba
Samuel Wardwell
Sarah Wardwell
Mercy Wardwell
Mary Bridges Jr
Hannah Post
Susannah Post
Sarah Bridges
Margaret Jacobs
Richard Carrier
Andrew Carrier
Sarah Carrier
Thomas Carrier Jr
Sarah Churchill
Ann Foster
-- Anonymous

Nessie

Post by Nessie »

There is proof that there is no such thing as witchcraft and people cannot have spells put on them. It is possible to prove something cannot/did not happen, which denialists continually claim cannot be done. Which is weird, since all the time they claim they can prove the Holocaust did not take place. Then it gets weirder, as denialists claim the proof of no gassing is from their disbelief it could take place.

The Salem witches is a terrible false analogy.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

onetruth

Post by onetruth »

been-there wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:47 pm
For onetruth.

List of some of the accused who pleaded guilty and confessed:
Totally different example , there is always some looney that confess a crime that he did not commit. That is why in criminal law even when there is a confession you need further evidence.

Here there is the situation is entirely different. You have a group of people admitting that a crime took place . Many of them would try to clear themselves but non said that mass extermination took place. You may dismiss one or two as loonies , but there is no way you can account for all of them .

Out of thousands of German soldiers who served in the camps close to zero denied that mass killing took place there.

Of all those thousand of " brave " SS man who swore their lives to the father land you mean to tell me that not one was brave enough to scream to the sky - that no mass murder took place ? This is what any decent person would do if he was falsely excused of taking part in such horrible crimes.

Yet non did . And there is no reasonable explanation that deniers can come up with to excuse that.

~