Nazi attitudes towards the Slavs.

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Rev2018

Re: Nazi attitudes towards the Slavs.

Post by Rev2018 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Thank you! I am glad to be here. I know some links are only in Polish because nobody would even translate racial slur like these articles. Two links were fortunately in English so everyone can read them. I am going to compile a few stories and when ready I'll post them here.

Friedrich Paul Berg

Post by Friedrich Paul Berg » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Welcome to RODOH, Rev2018.

I was in Poland in 1988 and was stunned by the general backwardness that I saw almost everywhere. Simple official road signs, government property, were so delapidated and rusty and mud-spattered that they looked like an enemy army had just passed through. Irving showed similar pictures of Treblinka years later. An exception to the general sad state of nearly everything was Auschwitz where the "reception building" struck me as the most beautiful building I had seen anywhere in Poland. I thought it must have been built by the Poles to entice tourists to Auschwitz but I learned years later that it had been built by 1943 by the Germans to care for new arrivals into the camp, including Jews--give them a warm meal and some medical care and data processing and to avoid scaring them at the very least. I am still stunned when I think of that beautiful building which is still there today. The basement had a large cafeteria but the food was mush--lots of brown gravy and not much else.

Throughout my travels in Poland, every farmhouse without exception looked like it was falling apart. It turned out that the appearance was deliberate so that each farmer would pay a lower property tax. What a mess!

FPBerg
Last edited by Friedrich Paul Berg on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rev2018

Post by Rev2018 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Thank you! Unfortunately, this backwardness is still present wherever you go in Poland. Really beautiful buildings are still the ones from the German times and it is not only true in the areas that were German throughout history and were given to Poland after the war but literally everywhere because there are also buildings from the war era erected by the Germans. Also, when I went to Auschwitz on a compulsory school trip I was surprised to see nice buildings instead of shabby barracks. How strange, you read one thing in the books and you encounter a completely different truth when you go there.
Poland has always been centuries behind other countries but after the war the situation deteriorated in an even faster pace. It seems to me that during the war Poland was in fact developing and this is what my grandfather told me.

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Rev2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:11 pm
I am new here and I find this Forum very interesting and educational. As a Pole this thread is especially interesting to me. I must say that the most objective person posting here is Mr Friedrich Paul Berg. What he has said here is the truth. Firstly, there have been a thousand years long hatred against Germans in Poland. It is purely surreal especially at the time of peace where objectively there is no reason for that. This anti-German sentiment is very much alive in the present day Poland too. Almost every day there are some articles published or Polish politicians use hate language refering to Germans. Just a few examples which took me maybe two minutes to find.

Polish obsession with alleged German take over of the Polish media:
https://polandinenglish.info/39507833/f ... -in-poland

Anti-German campain in Poland
https://pikio.pl/niemieckie-media-oburz ... -w-polsce/

Here someone claims that he has fought against Germans and now is 'persecuted' (all this happened within the last few years not at war)
https://www.se.pl/wiadomosci/polityka/t ... -kruK.html

And an English link about German army exhibition which, as it turned out had many photographs containing Soviet and not German executions:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1680579.stm

In the light of this one should ask oneself what is the truth and what is a lie. From the perspective of my family, I can say that my grandfather who lived through the war talked very highly about the years between 1939 and 1944 (when Soviet army 'liberated' Poland). He said he remembered there was order in the country and Polish people felt safer than before. It seems that it was the politicians that spewed hatred against Germany for many reasons, which can be investigated, while average citizens either were influenced by them or were quite happy about the situation.
The "Polish people felt safer than before" between 1939 and 1944? What could this possibly mean? Please elaborate. Which sane "Polish people" could feel so absurdly?

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Blake wrote:The "Polish people felt safer than before" between 1939 and 1944? What could this possibly mean? Please elaborate. Which sane "Polish people" could feel so absurdly?
That's a rather rude comment Blake. I would have thought such a comment beneath you being a scholar and student of engineering and all. I'm very much interested in what Rev2018 has to say. A new perspective on the issue should always be welcome. You've lowered yourself in my eyes Blake.

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 pm

rollo the ganger wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:13 pm
Blake wrote:The "Polish people felt safer than before" between 1939 and 1944? What could this possibly mean? Please elaborate. Which sane "Polish people" could feel so absurdly?
That's a rather rude comment Blake. I would have thought such a comment beneath you being a scholar and student of engineering and all. I'm very much interested in what Rev2018 has to say. A new perspective on the issue should always be welcome. You've lowered yourself in my eyes Blake.
Asking for clarification how the "Polish people felt safer than before" in the midst of a back and forth brutal war on Polish soil between the world's leading militaries at the time - with Poland (and the fate of that nation and its people) in their cross-hairs - is "rude"?

Wow, just wow!

I think ALOT of explaining is in order for THAT "new perspective"!

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Blake wrote:Asking for clarification how the "Polish people felt safer than before" in the midst of a back and forth brutal war on Polish soil between the world's leading militaries at the time - with Poland (and the fate of that nation and its people) in their cross-hairs - is "rude"?

Wow, just wow!

Blake wrote:Which sane "Polish people" could feel so absurdly?
Excuse me Blake?

blake121666

Post by blake121666 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:44 pm

rollo the ganger wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:39 pm
Blake wrote:Asking for clarification how the "Polish people felt safer than before" in the midst of a back and forth brutal war on Polish soil between the world's leading militaries at the time - with Poland (and the fate of that nation and its people) in their cross-hairs - is "rude"?

Wow, just wow!

Blake wrote:Which sane "Polish people" could feel so absurdly?
Excuse me Blake?
Maybe I missed what he was referring to. Is this new user stating that he is of an ethnic German family that resides in postwar Poland? I'll have to go back and catch my mistake of his identity. We in the West have been lead to believe that German ethnics were scoured from that particular area.

Please use the "Reply with quote" button when replying, RTG. I notice that I seldom if ever see you do that. Why do you insist on those you reply to not knowing that you are replying to them? Do you think the ones you are replying to are supposed to read every post on the forum to know you are replying?

EDIT: He claimed "As a Pole this thread is especially interesting to me". If he is indeed a Pole, I despise his dislike of his kin and country and see it as not sane for any "Pole" to say he felt "safer" under occupation and war. Traitorous thoughts such as these get no respect from me. What is meant by the term "safe" in this context? Is his English poor?

How in the hell could a sane person feel safer in an occupied country - occupied by a military whose fate could reverse at any moment (and did reverse)? "Average citizens ... were quite happy about the situation" is what this person claims about occupied Poland. Crazy as a loon (and very possibly a troll)! Such lunacy is devoid of any self and national respect and deserving of derision.

And given that Germany did indeed lose big time - with Poland being overrun (which could be feared to have been at least a possibility) - such statements were of delusions (not sane).

Are you poor in English comprehension, RTG, or do you comprende, kemosabe? ;)

EDIT 2: BTW, I've known quite a few Poles from Poland - as I'm sure you have as well - you being in Chicago. I have never ever seen any so self-denigrating as this person. I don't think this user is legitimate. It could, of course, be my own biases clouding my judgement though.

Werd

Post by Werd » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:56 am

As another Stormfront user posted:

Since there still isn't any evidence of any massacres occurring, then the whole excuse that Germany invaded to protect Germans from massacres falls apart.
All he is doing is dodging the things U.C. DID POST on Stormfront that admits Poles acted as aggressively as rape and murder at times before September 1939. He's just cherry picking like you. So what?

Werd

Post by Werd » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:59 am

Goody67 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:10 pm
Werd,

Individual incidents of murders and assaults are not the same as a massacre.
Now you're splitting hairs because we found individual acts of Poles murdering Germans in cold blood. I have just seen you move the goal posts. First, nothing like that happened. Then some of it did, but it's not a big deal because it's not warranting of the word "massacre" to describe it. Whatever. :roll:
When you move the goal posts you have lost. When Poles attack innocent Germans, you're goddamn right there will be a retaliation. And likewise, if any of those Germans that were assaulted, raped or murdered, had done something in the past to innocent Poles and this was just revenge, well quite frankly, I think they deserve it. Just like many Jews were attacked in the Hungarian uprising of 1956 because the Hungarians never forgot that many Jews were part of the Soviet intelligensia that had repressed and murdered them.

Congratulations on showing your true colours and dodging what Friedrich posted:
As to the Polish "massacres" of Germans, the word "massacre" which suggests a mass killing may not be the right word but there were lots of "killings." My own father was nearly killed in Silesia in 1921 when he and some other Germans were attacked with hand grenades while walking back from a night of drinking and singing. One hand grenade fell into a pile of grassy mud nearby and exploded leaving only a fragment in my father's coat. No investigation for the perpetrators was even possible under the cvircumstances. There were lots of individual killings by Polish perpetrators--and that was why well over a 1-1/2 million Germans fled the Polish corridor--and many from other areas as well. Were the Poles likely to investigate, seriously? Of course, not. Goody67 is a racist child.