typical lying "eyewitness" / 'mummified human thumbs as light switches' !!!

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Lily

typical lying "eyewitness" / 'mummified human thumbs as light switches' !!!

Post by Lily »

Here's another 'fact' that you must believe unless you want to be jailed in many countries.

Human thumb light switches
50 Years Later, a Visit With Buchenwald's Ghosts
By STEPHEN KINZER
New York Times. New York, N.Y.
Apr 10, 1995. pg. A3, 1 pgs

WEIMAR, Germany, April 9 -- With a solemn and highly emotional gathering at the site of the former Buchenwald concentration camp, Germany today began a month of ceremonies to remember the victims of the Nazi horror.

[...]

She [Ilse Koch] was a very beautiful woman with long red hair, but any prisoner who was caught looking at her could be shot," recalled Kurt Glass, a former inmate who worked as a gardener at the Koch family villa. "She got the idea she would like lamp shades made of human skin, and one day on the Appelplatz we were all ordered to strip to the waist. The ones who had interesting tatoos were brought to her, and she picked out the ones she liked. Those people were killed and their skin was made into lampshades for her. She also used mummified human thumbs as light switches in her house."
:lol:

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

theblackrabbitofinlé

Re: typical lying "eyewitness" / 'mummified human thumbs as light switches' !!!

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé »

Here's another 'fact' that you must believe unless you want to be jailed in many countries.
No, you can freely doubt that one even in Germany.

Koch's first conviction was commuted for the reason there was no credible evidence of the human skin charges against her. During her second trial, all charges relating to human skin products were dropped by the prosecution as no credible evidence could be presented. During my visit to Buchenwald in 2014 a guide told me that they knew most of the human skin claims about the camp were "a myth".
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

Big Will

Post by Big Will »

I seriously doubt that anyone could openly critique the Ilse Koch trials in Germany and not be arrested.
Nonetheless the point in the OP is right on, it was claimed that the 'Nazis' used mummified thumbs as light switches by the usual wingnut "eyewitness".
BW

theblackrabbitofinlé

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé »

Big Will wrote:I seriously doubt that anyone could openly critique the Ilse Koch trials in Germany and not be arrested.
Nonetheless the point in the OP is right on, it was claimed that the 'Nazis' used mummified thumbs as light switches by the usual wingnut "eyewitness".
BW
I doubt anyone critiquing Koch's trials and her alleged penchant for human-skin knickknacks in either a scholarly or journalistic manner is in any danger of arrest. There's denial laws in Poland which don't stop J. Neander from critiquing subjects such at Spanner's soap factory and the human-skin claims.

But if by "critique" you mean the infantile rubbish Hannover posts; never mind denial laws, they'd be in danger of falling foul of Germany's Volksverhetzung law for "insulting, maliciously maligning, or defaming segments of the population". Prosecutors would just laugh at his brand of know-nothing, link spamming, smilie peppering, victory dancing "revisionism".
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

Big Will

Post by Big Will »

Please show this forum any critiques of the Ilse Koch trials that have been published IN Germany.

Should I spoon feed the meaning of critique to you?
You seem not to know.
BW

Thames Darwin

Post by Thames Darwin »

What would be the point in posting anything in German for Mr. KL Verschiedene?

It's funny how Big Will shows up whenever Lily earns a ban.

Big Will

Post by Big Will »

It's funny how Thames Darwin of 'mass graves photos' fame shows up whenever Andrew Mathis earns a ban.

Now, please show this forum any critiques of the Ilse Koch trials that have been published IN Germany.

Thames Darwin

Post by Thames Darwin »

Really? I've never had an account here before.

Demonstrate some rudimentary knowledge of German and I'll post what you want.

Big Will

Post by Big Will »

Your anagram gives you away, Andrew Mathis / Thames Darwin. :lol:
BW