Dr Sturdy Colls' exhibition at the Wiener Library

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
theblackrabbitofinlé

Dr Sturdy Colls' exhibition at the Wiener Library

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé »

The Wiener Library currently houses an exhibition showcasing Sturdy Colls' nigh decade long work at Treblinka.
http://www.wienerlibrary.co.uk/Finding_Treblinka

I popped in recently to check it out. Some photos to follow [click any to enlarge]:

This sign details that the largest of the "eleven potential mass graves" she discovered at T2 were 34 x 12 and 26 x 17 metres, although she states some are partially covered under the Soviet memorial and there may be more under it. Kues showed in his response to HC that GPR shouldn't be hampered by a bit of concrete [pp.1059-1062], so it's seems unclear why Sturdy Colls couldn't document disturbances under the memorial.

Topographic and geophysical surveys in the terrain of the extermination camp allowed eleven potential mass graves to be located. These non-invasive techniques respected Jewish Halachic Law by not disturbing the ground. The graves varied in size — the largest were 34m x 12m and 26m x 17x. However, some were bisected by the modern memorial so their overall dimensions could not be determined. It is likely that further graves exist under the monument since it was built to protect the areas believed to contain mass graves. The graves to be located in two distinct areas: some at the rear of the death camp area, and some nearer to the reception camp area, consistent with witness accounts concerning the different methods of body disposal.

Following is a comparison of two maps of T2 both created by Sturdy Colls that show her discoveries with GPR. The one on the left was created for the 2016 WL exhibition and the other for a early 2012 BBC article on her work.

The "probable burial/cremation pits"/"pits" are mostly the same, although the one in the former Lazerette appeared as two separate pits covering a larger area in the map published in 2012.

We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

theblackrabbitofinlé

Re: Dr Sturdy Colls' exhibition at the Wiener Library

Elsewhere in the exhibition, Dr Sturdy Colls is telling half-truths about her discoveries in the cemetery south of T1.

Although, for the first time, she's publicly revealed the sizes of all three of her "previously undiscovered mass graves":

- 7.4 x 6.5m
- 9.2 x 6.0m
- 19.2 x 17.6m

I've previously criticised Dr Sturdy Colls for being ignorant of/ignoring Zdzisław Łukaszkiewicz's August 1946 report "The Labour Camp in Treblinka" in which he documented how his team discovered 41 mass graves [40 of which had been desecrated], and the scattered remains of 122 people in the same area in which Sturdy Colls and her team would work 67 years later.

In the WL exhibition, Sturdy Colls once again fails to acknowledge Łukaszkiewicz's work in the cemetery, although she does admit that the human remains she discovered "appeared to have been dumped". Her discovery of numerous pieces of disarticulated bone from various individuals, would be consistent with her team having merely rediscovered remains reinterred by Łukaszkiewicz's team in 1946. To believe that these graves have not previous been disturbed, would necessitate the absurd belief that the Germans completely butchered the bodies and then buried individual bones in various pits around the site.

Sturdy Colls is once again claiming this shoe was discovered in a mass grave, even though it was the solitary discovery in Trench 1 covered in the Channel 5/Smithsonian documentary.

We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

Thank you for posting this information, BRoI. Caroline's reputation as a forensic archaeologist sinks lower with every day that passes. If I remember correctly her doctoral dissertation becomes public next year. She must be dreading the moment.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

theblackrabbitofinlé

Yes, 14 June 2017 the embargo on it is suppose to expire:

I wonder why Dr Sturdy Colls had it embargoed at all...
When is an embargo needed?

Occasionally there are circumstances which mean that open access is not appropriate. To protect this type of material, access to these research outputs can be restricted where the University accepts that there are good reasons for doing so.

A thesis embargo may be appropriate where the thesis contains material that is:

commercially sensitive - in these cases an embargo can provide time for a concept to be brought to market or for more formal protection, such as a patent, to be applied for

ethically sensitive - in these cases an embargo can provide time for ethical sensitivities to lessen where the thesis includes material relating to an identifiable individual, though situations of this type should be avoided as far as possible and issues relating to publication of results considered as part of the original ethical approval of the research

Some research students may also have concerns as to whether adding an electronic copy of their thesis to the Leicester Research Archive may harm their ability to subsequently publish their work commercially. Normally this is not the case and studies have shown that making work available through a repository like the Leicester Research Archive can in fact help secure a publishing contract.

Research students who think that they may need to request an embargo are encouraged to discuss this with their supervisory team as early as possible.
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/gradsc ... strictions

Sturdy Colls did publish a fairly expensive book last year, which has a similar title and blurb to her thesis; does it contain much of the same material, I wonder. But the thesis must contain the actual results of her GPR examination of T2, her book has nothing of any practical use regards to that.

tomt

Post by tomt »

Each body has about 160 cu inches of ash
That's 160 million cu inches of ash at treblinka.
That comes out to about 90,000 cu feet of ash
That's the cabin capacity of 3 Boeing 747 jets. I am talking cabin not the entire jet.
This is not taken to account of the bodies buried before cremation.
It's said that this is all buried on site.
Also bear in mind that it's doubtful they would be able to cremate all those people completely.
That would be about an area 300 feet by 300 feet with a foot of ash.
I would say about a foot ball size field of ash at about a foot deep.
Sound about right?

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

theblackrabbitofinlé wrote: But the thesis must contain the actual results of her GPR examination of T2, her book has nothing of any practical use regards to that.
At this present time I would not put money on her thesis containing anything more than wishful thinking. CSC and her backers are going to be in big trouble next year when revisionists get hold of her paper.

I was one of the mugs who purchased a hardcopy version of Caroline's Holocaust Archaeologies last year. I can therefore state without a shadow of doubt there is more information contained on this forum and in the Channel 5 documentary about her fraudulent Treblinka survey than there is in that over priced book.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Pa Gromheizer

Post by Pa Gromheizer »

Did she ever publish any actual data as required in any technical report?

theblackrabbitofinlé

Pa Gromheizer wrote:Did she ever publish any actual data as required in any technical report?
Not really. She's published virtually nothing of her results of her GPR work at T2 [pre-2012], all I can think of is the map of "probable burial/cremation pits" published on the 2012 BBC article, and in her 2015 book [p.154] there are two blurred GPR readings of a "probable burial/cremation pit", but no real details are provided to people not familiar with GPR reading as to how it should be interpreted, and the figures which *might* tell readers the size of it are so blurred that they're illegible.

Even your old mate is critical of Dr Sturdy Colls:
Roberto Muehlenkamp, Sunday, October 18, 2015 wrote: At both these camps [Belzec & Sobibor] the mass graves have nevertheless been identified and mapped with a reasonable degree of accuracy. Not so at Treblinka, where Caroline Sturdy-Colls seems to have made no further progress since she published her finds of a number of burial areas - which were obviously but a fraction of the total - back in 2012. Besides the religious watchdogs, what seems to be at work here is the lady's ego, which has led her to make a big fuss about preliminary discoveries with a book about the prospects of Holocaust archaeology and a program on Smithsonian Channel, instead of devoting all her energy to what matters here, which is identifying and mapping Treblinka's mass graves in their entirety. I was hoping that she would produce more results in 2014 or 2015, but so far nothing. Considering that at this time only archaeology can enhance historical knowledge about these camps (it's unlikely that there will be any further groundbreaking documentary evidence finds like the Höfle report in 2000), CSC's pussyfooting (as it looks from here) is most lamentable.

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... 6606302916
Muehlenkamp's claim that the burial areas on Sturdy Colls 2012 map "were obviously but a fraction of the total" seem dubious considering her 2016 map at the WL exhibition.

Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Have you got a close up photo of the two side by side images below where it says the gas of gas chambers?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Big Will

Post by Big Will »

So where are the alleged "900,000 Jews" that Jews say they know were buried there?
BW