Auschwitz guard Ernst Tremmel dies a week before trial

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Ernst Tremmel cheats the Jews of their holohoax vengeance. God bless you, Herr Tremmel.

Time is running out for prosecuting the few Auschwitz guards still alive

A 93-year-old former guard at Auschwitz has died a week before he was due to stand trial in Germany.

Ernst Tremmel was accused of 1,075 counts of accessory to murder for his time working at the death camp in German-occupied Poland.

Tremmel worked at the camp from November 1942 to June 1943.

The trial was to have started on Wednesday in the western city of Hanau, where Auschwitz survivors were expected to give testimony.

"All the appointments related to these proceedings have now been cancelled," the regional court in Hanau said in a brief statement. No cause of death was released.

Tremmel served with an SS Totenkopf unit processing the arrival of prisoners at the camp and was allegedly directly involved in three transports, from Berlin, the French city of Drancy, and Westerbork in the Netherlands.

"Among the deportees, at least 1,075 people were cruelly murdered immediately after their arrival at Auschwitz," the Hanau court said when it announced the trial in February.

Because Tremmel was aged 19 or 20 at the time of his alleged crimes, he was to have been tried under juvenile criminal law despite his advanced age.

Because of his frail health, the court had ordered hearings to be limited to four hours per day.
Full article here
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Nessie

Re: Auschwitz guard Ernst Tremmel dies a week before trial

Post by Nessie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:53 pm

Tremmel was to be tried as a juvenile?! Stop these trials now they are ridiculous.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Nessie wrote:Tremmel was to be tried as a juvenile?! Stop these trials now they are ridiculous.
Careful how you go on this topic or you could find yourself being ostracised by the likes of Statistical Mechanic and Jeff_36.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

theblackrabbitofinlé

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:50 pm

The trial was to have started on Wednesday in the western city of Hanau, where Auschwitz survivors were expected to give testimony.
Why? What is the point in H. survivors testifying in German courts since the the 2011 Demanjuk conviction?
According to Kurt Schrimm, the head of the Ludwigsburg Central Office, the Demjanjuk conviction represented a new interpretation of the law. It had made new trials feasible because prosecutors no longer need to establish culpability in specific murders to secure a conviction. Having been a guard in a death camp was now seen as proof enough of having assisted in murder.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 99445.html
If documents prove these old people were there, then these trials should only take a few minutes. It's should a simple as processing a fine/conviction for a driver caught on a traffic camera.

You were there—here's the proof, here's your conviction. Bish bash bosh.
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:08 pm

I'd be interested in hearing and/or reading statements he may have given. Too bad all those "witnesses" won't get to cry, sob, and give fictitious testimony like they did in the Demjanjuk trials. They'll get paid all the same though.

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:26 pm

We have discussed this before and agreeing to give a full statement as to what they saw should be all that is done. No trial.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.