Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Post Reply
User avatar
Henry
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am
Contact:

Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Henry » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:13 pm

A Year in Treblinka has been cited by many Holohoax 'historians' and 'educators'. But can this document be trusted as reliable evidence?

Question:

Did Jankiel Wiernik really believe he had witnessed the gassing and burning of several million Jews at Treblinka?

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26798
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Nessie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 pm

I do not think he put a number on how many were killed. As to it being a hoax or trustworthy, have you got any evidence? Or will you be just casting doubts?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Henry
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Henry » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:37 pm

Nessie wrote:I do not think he put a number on how many were killed. As to it being a hoax or trustworthy, have you got any evidence? Or will you be just casting doubts?
Well "reasonable doubt" was enough to have a case acquitted until the "greatest crime in history" came along. In fact I think it still is in normal circumstances. That appalling deviation from the norm says more about the lack of evidence for "greatest crime in history" than anything you can insinuate with regard to me.

He may have given a figure but what's it to you Spoiler?

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26798
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Nessie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:43 pm

I take it you will not be producing any evidence it is a hoax or untrustworthy.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Henry
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Henry » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Question:

In relation to Wiernik; where does the oft quoted number of 900,000 buried at Treblinka come from? I don't see it in A Year in Treblinka. At least not the version published in 1979.

Werd
Posts: 9001
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Werd » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Nessie told us about that higher end estimate earlier over here.

Nessie:
Memoires, estimates, documents tell us how approximately many died

Werd:
Thanks for admitting you have no basis for the 900,000 high end estimate of Treblinka.

Nessie:
I have memoires, estimates and documents which show it was about 900,000.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26798
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Nessie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Henry wrote:Question:

In relation to Wiernik; where does the oft quoted number of 900,000 buried at Treblinka come from? I don't see it in A Year in Treblinka. At least not the version published in 1979.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treblinka ... _estimates

The 900,000 has just become a commonly used round up of other figures.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26798
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by Nessie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Werd wrote:Nessie told us about that higher end estimate earlier over here.
That links to debate about Belzec not TII.
Werd wrote: Nessie:
Memoires, estimates, documents tell us how approximately many died

Werd:
Thanks for admitting you have no basis for the 900,000 high end estimate of Treblinka.

Nessie:
I have memoires, estimates and documents which show it was about 900,000.
Memoires, estimates and documents here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treblinka ... _estimates

So how many do you say died at TII and show your evidence?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.


User avatar
theblackrabbitofinlé
Posts: 2094
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Jankiel Wiernik's "A Year In Treblinka"...Hoax or Not?

Post by theblackrabbitofinlé » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 pm

Henry wrote:Question:

In relation to Wiernik; where does the oft quoted number of 900,000 buried at Treblinka come from? I don't see it in A Year in Treblinka. At least not the version published in 1979.
In the Donat book in Chapter 9 where it says (the early American edition doesn't have this passage at all):
"It lasted a long time because there were more than half a million dead to dispose of"
in the original Polish it says
Trwało to dosyć długo. Bo trupów było około 3,5 miliona.
There are also references to "millions". Some remain in the published English versions, such as in the introductory Chapter 1 where Wiernik blames himself for collaborating in the death of millions of his kin. At least one is omitted in the published versions, namely within Chapter 10 where it says: "Przepracowałem zimę, widziałem męki i śmierć milionów i dożyłem już pierwszych ciepłych promieni słonecznych." - I [...] saw the martyrdom and the death of millions [...].


This is from Nuremberg document PS-3338 "Enclosure 17", an abridged version of Weirnick's memoirs:

Image
We just wish to point out to the court that is not a signed sworn statement of Dr. Bender but merely a translation of an alleged or purported statement of Dr. Bender, the original of which, like many other things, is not to be found today.
- Defence counsel, Dachau trial, 7 August 1947

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 14 guests